PDA

View Full Version : Its That Time Again...

EdReedUnstoppable
08-22-2007, 11:11 PM
I know we had one thread like this already but now that th offseason is pretty much over and things are set for the mosat part as to who will play where for us.............Predict the schedule 2.0!!

Week 1 Ravens @ Cincinnati

Cincinnati is not as imposing to me as they once looked, that being said I still think they'll beat us in Cincy. McNair sucks donkey nutz in nationally televised games and should it be inclimate weather of any kind you might as well not even watch the game. Loss

Week 2 Jets @ Ravens

I've done a 180 on this game, the Jets are a team to watch this year IMO, I look for them to present matchup problems for our defense with Coles and Cotchery on the outside and a rejuvinated Justin McCaireins in the slot, then they have the guy who should be in our backfield Thomas Jones pounding the ball. Look for our offense to struggle and the Jets to win a close one. Loss

Week 3 Cardinals @ Ravens

I still think we'll win this one just because the Cardinals D other than Adrian Wilson is just not good. Win

Week 4 Ravens @ Browns

We're playing the Browns.......nuff said. Win

Week 5 Ravens @ 49ers

This is a game to me where the 49ers win a game they probably shouldn't, but they find a way too. Loss

Week 6 Rams @ Ravens

Tough game gonna be hard for us to stop the Rams O, but I think we can score a few more points against there D then they will score against ours. Win

Week 7 Ravens @ Bills

Bills D isnt ready to stop Clayton, D Will, Mase, and Willis and we'll be able to contain their O as we did at the end of last year. Win

Week 8 Bye

Week 9 Ravens @ Steelers

Another nationally televised flop by McNair ad the boys. Loss

Week 10 Bengals @ Ravens

I think we'll take the Bengals in our house their D has serious question marks, but their O is scary as usual. Win

Week 11 Browns @ Ravens

We're playing the Browns.......nuff said. Win

Week 12 Ravens @ Chargers

Chargers have a better team then us, and we have to fly cross country to play them, that adds up to a disappointing L. Loss

Week 13 Patriots @ Ravens

There is no more talented team in the NFL then the Patriots, another nationally televised loss. Loss

Week 14 Colts @ Ravens

As I tell you now and told you before the playoff game last year, when you all told me I was wrong, we won't touch Peyton and we won't move the ball. Something about this team that we can't beat them, another nationally televised loser. Loss

Week 15 Ravens @ Dolphins

I look for Cam Cameron to coach his way out of a job after just 1 year, he is certainly doing a good job of looking like a buffoon so far. Win

Week 16 Ravens @ Seahawks

Seahawks are my pick to win it all, and we are just a team on the tracks as the train rolls through. Loss

Week 17 Steelers @ Ravens

Ravens pull off a nice win to end a disappointing season, hopefully Steve McNair's last as a member of the Ravens. Win

By my count that would say Im predicting 8-8 for the boys and missing the playoffs or who knows perhaps the Bengals flop, and the Steelers flop and we sneak in to the playoffs by winning our division at 8-8 but I doubt that happens. Hopefully Im wrong about 2 or 3 of em and we can slide into the playoffs.

Borat
08-22-2007, 11:14 PM
WOW ERU. Thanks for showing the 9ers the love! I don't see us beating you though. Your D is just way too physical for the 9ers. But thanks anyway. It should be a fun game to watch. Good luck to the Ravens this year.

EdReedUnstoppable
08-22-2007, 11:15 PM
WOW ERU. Thanks for showing the 9ers the love! I don't see us beating you though. Your D is just way too physical for the 9ers. But thanks anyway. It should be a fun game to watch. Good luck to the Ravens this year.

Thanks bud, good luck to the Niners and may Vernon Davis set every record imaginable for a NFLer!!

BigDawg819
08-22-2007, 11:18 PM
I'm sticking with my 11-5 prediction but the nationally televised games scare me for the reasons stated above.

Borat
08-22-2007, 11:19 PM
Thanks bud, good luck to the Niners and may Vernon Davis set every record imaginable for a NFLer!!

HAHA. Doubt it. I'll take a little better consistency catching the ball and call it day.

ccB
08-22-2007, 11:29 PM
I agree with big dawg 11-5, I think we start off the season good and get cold at the end. I think we win the division and lose int he playoffs. I got the Patriots winning it all, but hey who doesnt. I really couldnt imagine going 8-8 I just think eru is insecure, this way if we exceed his expectations he can be happy, and if by chance we do suck it up he can be the one saying I told you so. Its a sick and twisted win win situation for him. I just dont think anyone in our division improved enough to overtake us. The Bengals defense is a liability and the steelers arent going to be back to prominence yet IMO. I say we split both series with the bengals and steelers and we sweep the browns. I think we can win one of the big three games (against NE, IND, and SD) but I wouldnt be surprised if we get sweeped in that span of games. I dont think SF is a real threat but they have improved a lot and a loss to them could be a possibility but I think its unlikely. I think our defense will be able to rattle Alex Smith.

EdReedUnstoppable
08-23-2007, 12:14 AM
I agree with big dawg 11-5, I think we start off the season good and get cold at the end. I think we win the division and lose int he playoffs. I got the Patriots winning it all, but hey who doesnt. I really couldnt imagine going 8-8 I just think eru is insecure, this way if we exceed his expectations he can be happy, and if by chance we do suck it up he can be the one saying I told you so. Its a sick and twisted win win situation for him. I just dont think anyone in our division improved enough to overtake us. The Bengals defense is a liability and the steelers arent going to be back to prominence yet IMO. I say we split both series with the bengals and steelers and we sweep the browns. I think we can win one of the big three games (against NE, IND, and SD) but I wouldnt be surprised if we get sweeped in that span of games. I dont think SF is a real threat but they have improved a lot and a loss to them could be a possibility but I think its unlikely. I think our defense will be able to rattle Alex Smith.

I truly believe we will be 8-8, we didnt get any better in the offseason, and our great saviour QB is a bum.

ccB
08-23-2007, 12:17 AM
I truly believe we will be 8-8, we didnt get any better in the offseason, and our great saviour QB is a bum.

You could end up being completely right. I just hate how our whole season is based on the play of two players. I trully believe McNair will be just as good as last year (which was pretty good until the playoffs) or even better because of being more comfortable with the playbook. Willis is a huge question mark right now but I still believe hes an improvement of Jamal. If these two step up theres no reason why we shouldnt be mentioned in teh same breath as SD, Indy, and NE, but neither player is a lock to be good or even average for that matter. This season will be interesting for sure.

Sniper
08-23-2007, 12:19 AM
HAHA. Doubt it. I'll take a little better consistency catching the ball and call it day.

He's still young man. Give him a break ;) This is technically his 1 1/2st season anyway, so he's got time.

EdReedUnstoppable
08-23-2007, 12:19 AM
You could end up being completely right. I just hate how our whole season is based on the play of two players. I trully believe McNair will be just as good as last year (which was pretty good until the playoffs) or even better because of being more comfortable with the playbook. Willis is a huge question mark right now but I still believe hes an improvement of Jamal. If these two step up theres no reason why we shouldnt be mentioned in teh same breath as SD, Indy, and NE.

That is true but unlike you I have zero faith in either. We all know how I feel about McNair, but while I want to give Willis a chance he just reminds me of Jamal but with less power, he takes too long to find the whole and tip toes like Tiny Tim in a tulip field after he gets the ball.

ccB
08-23-2007, 12:25 AM
Yeah I just hate to go into a season with no confidence at all, until either prove to me in a real game they cant do it I will support both of them. Hell I am not even a McNair fan I just think hes the QB that gives us the best chance at winning. With McGahee I trully do not know what to expect, I'd like to think his troubles in Buffalo were because of well being in Buffalo but I cannot trully gauge what type of player he is until I see him running in a real game and not a meaningless pre season game. I try not to pass judgement before either get the chance to screw up. If McNair comes out and within the first 4 games doesnt perform and costs us games I'll be calling for Boller to get in there too, but until that happens I think McNair is the choice.

niel89
08-23-2007, 03:51 AM
I think we will pull off 1 win in that San Diego/NE/Indy line up. I dont know which one though.

PalmerToCJ
08-23-2007, 10:43 AM
IMO you all go 9-7, I hate the division winners schedule. It's so nice to have KC/TEN this year instead of IND/NE.

BigDawg819
08-23-2007, 03:19 PM
IMO you all go 9-7, I hate the division winners schedule. It's so nice to have KC/TEN this year instead of IND/NE.

Yeah I guess tanking down the stretch does have some advantages.....

dcarey20
08-23-2007, 05:09 PM
ERU I know you've probably heard this before but you are way too pessimistic. We are not an 8-8 team, I can't see us losing to the Jets and the 49ers. They both are solid teams but I really think we will overpower them. I also have us sweeping the Steelers and beating the Colts, finishing 12-4.

EdReedUnstoppable
08-24-2007, 12:46 AM
ERU I know you've probably heard this before but you are way too pessimistic. We are not an 8-8 team, I can't see us losing to the Jets and the 49ers. They both are solid teams but I really think we will overpower them. I also have us sweeping the Steelers and beating the Colts, finishing 12-4.

Well I may be too pessimistic but we will not sweep the Steelers again, and we will not beat the Colts, the Jets and 49ers games could go either way but I think we'll lose em.

BigDawg819
08-24-2007, 12:48 AM
I agree with the thought of not sweeping the Steelers, this rivalry has a history of splitting and with the way we dominated them last year they will be gunning for us hard. As for the Colts, until we beat them I won't have faith that we can.

ccB
08-24-2007, 12:56 PM
I think out of the big 3 games (NE,SD,IND) the game we have the best chance of winning is the Indy game. I think NE is way too god, I think SD will be fired up after us beating them last year, and I think we will be fired up to take the colts out after they sent us home last year. Realistically If I were a betting man I'd say we go 0-3 in that stretch.

SeanTaylorRIP
08-24-2007, 02:31 PM
Sermon's Prediction

Week 1 Ravens @ Cincinnati

First game of the season, I have a feeling the offense will come out flat and at Cincinnati I can't see us matching their intensity. Chad and Houshamahooder will burn the secondary for 2 TD's. Loss Bengals Win: 17-3

Week 2 Jets @ Ravens
Their Defense is shaky and with Mcgahee running on them and Mcnair throwing bombs they won't beat the Ravens. Crap Pennington is a guaranteed 5 int's vs. the Ravens.Win Ravens Win: 13-3

Week 3 Cardinals @ Ravens
Cardinals defense sucks, Wideouts will be hard to cover but we will shut down Edge making it easier.Win Ravens win:17-13

Week 4 Ravens @ Browns

Browns please, Jamal has 40 carries for -7 yards. Derek Anderson is picked off 3 times Win Ravens win: 24-3

Week 5 Ravens @ 49ers

No way 49ers beat us, they are so overrated. Their defensive additions won't help them much as people will see Walt Harris is a fluke. Our run game will pound them. Gore will have 80 yards rushing on a moderate afternoon and Smith will be disrupted all day, only passing for 180 yards, all to Vernon Davis. Win Ravens win 20-10.

Week 6 Rams @ Ravens

Rams offense will carve the defense for the first time in the season. Holt and Bulger will be huge, and Jackson will have some electrifying runs, running over Ray Ray, and taunting him. Loss Ravens Lose: 27-13

Week 7 Ravens @ Bills

Willis will run all over his former team without London in the middle, and Losman will throw 3 picks, and Marshawn will be a non factor. Our first blowout win of the year.Win Ravens win: 20-3

Week 8 Bye

Week 9 Ravens @ Steelers

A hard fought game, but at Pittsburgh they win on a last second field goal. Loss Ravens Lose: 16-13

Week 10 Bengals @ Ravens

Ravens dominate at home, offense is clicking, Figurs runs 2 punts back all the way.Win Ravens win: 24-7

Week 11 Browns @ Ravens

Quinn gets first start of his career is sacked 5 times, throws 2 picks. Shutout!!! Win Ravens Win: 17-0

Week 12 Ravens @ Chargers

Chargers are impossible to stop on offense with LT, Gates, and Rivers, while the offense is disrupted by the pass rush all day. Loss Ravens Lose:20-3

Week 13 Patriots @ Ravens

Another tough game, the Patriots offense is held in check, as Brady is intercepted twice, and Maroney continues to struggle on the year, Ravens run offense runs all over the Patriots pathetic run defense, and Demetrius burns Asante who is still unhappy about his contract. Win Ravens big Win:20-10.

Week 14 Colts @ Ravens

Offense scores, but commits turnovers and McNair fumbles with bad pass protection, Peyton rips us apart. Loss Ravens Lose:31-17.

Week 15 Ravens @ Dolphins

Dolphins lol, Trent Green suffers a concussion from Antwan Barnes who jacks him up on an Ed Reed interception. Ravens win big. Figurs has a couple electrifying returns, as he overshadows Ted Ginn, who leaves the game with an ankle injury after being tackled on a return by Gary Stills.Win Ravens Win:24-13.

Week 16 Ravens @ Seahawks

Alexander and Matt rest this game in preparation for the playoffs, Seneca Wallace is sacked 10 times, and completes 3 passes.Win Ravens Win:17-7.

Week 17 Steelers @ Ravens

Ravens go into the playoffs on a hot streak, beating the Rivaled Steelers. McNair has his standout statistical game of the year, 300 yards passing 3 TD's.Win

So that is a 11-5 record, enough to win the division.

PalmerToCJ
08-28-2007, 11:49 PM
Yeah I guess tanking down the stretch does have some advantages.....

lol I never said I didn't like the WC winners schedule....

TimD
08-28-2007, 11:52 PM
wow ERU you have the Jets beating the Ravens? thats a very different prediction from what i've seen but i like it :D

SeanTaylorRIP
09-28-2007, 06:32 PM
Ghetto, 3-3, ERU 2-3.

EdReedUnstoppable
09-28-2007, 08:44 PM
Ghetto, 3-3, ERU 2-3.

Thats ok Ill even it out once we get dominated by the Patriots.

SeanTaylorRIP
11-02-2007, 05:10 PM
Week 8 Update
ERU: 3 for 7
Serm: 4 for 7, lol I picked the Rams to crush the Ravens.

terribletowel39
11-02-2007, 06:47 PM
this is the only one that seems alive. is McAlister playing sunday??

Ravens1991
11-02-2007, 11:14 PM
Hopefully. I think so but I dont think he practiced on Tuesday.

SeanTaylorRIP
11-26-2007, 03:15 PM
ERU 5-11

Ghettosermon 6-11

Yeha, haha, I have the Patriots winning this week, lol, looks like you just might pull even.

EdReedUnstoppable
11-26-2007, 05:20 PM
ERU 5-11

Ghettosermon 6-11

Yeha, haha, I have the Patriots winning this week, lol, looks like you just might pull even.

How have you played one more game then I have?

EdReedUnstoppable
11-26-2007, 05:21 PM
And this was my generous prediction you need to find my original 5-11 prediction.

SeanTaylorRIP
11-26-2007, 05:22 PM
How have you played one more game then I have?

sorry 5 for 11, and 6 for 11.

EdReedUnstoppable
11-26-2007, 05:26 PM
sorry 5 for 11, and 6 for 11.

Its a lock I win this, no chance do we win in Seattle, or at home against NE or Pitt.

BmoreBlackByrdz
11-26-2007, 05:34 PM
Its a lock I win this, no chance do we win in Seattle, or at home against NE or Pitt.

I think we might have a shot at Seattle

BigDawg819
11-27-2007, 01:29 PM
Seattle is tough at home and now with their more spread out passing attack, its pretty much a loss for us. Our secondary is too banged up for us to even think we can contain Branch, Engram, Hackett, and company.