PDA

View Full Version : Cherilus charged in bar brawl

Jonny
08-23-2007, 12:07 PM
http://news.bostonherald.com/localRegional/view.bg?articleid=1018668

Gosder Cherilus and DeJuan Tribble are facing assault charges. Should affect their stock somewhat.

thebow305
08-23-2007, 01:09 PM
What idiots! seriously, some people just don't get it.

princefielder28
08-23-2007, 01:29 PM
Athletes these days baffle me.

villagewarrior
08-23-2007, 01:49 PM

You shouldn't make all-encompassing comments like this bro. For every one or two guys making stupid, moronic choices, there's 500 more who are doing the right things. We as a nation glorify negativity, therefore the idiots are the ones who keep making it on the evening news.

draftguru151
08-23-2007, 01:54 PM
There was a story about this before and Cherilus was attacking as a peacemaker more than actually fighting, and the guy that get messed up didn't get messed up until Cherilus got him out of where they were. Of course what was reported before could be wrong but I have a feeling this guy is just going after the athletes rather than the athletes doing something stupid. Until anyone actually gets in trouble it really doesn't hurt their stock.

soxscout
08-23-2007, 02:23 PM
HERE IS THE ORIGINAL STORY (July 6) (http://www.boston.com/sports/colleges/football/articles/2007/07/06/bc_players_probed_for_alleged_role_in_bar_scuffle/)

It really sounds like Cherilus and Tribble are getting screwed in this situation.

Mr. Stiller
08-23-2007, 02:27 PM
I'll ask Gosder tonight

Don Vito
08-23-2007, 02:39 PM
It seems like Cherilus and Tribble did get screwed, but they are two of the biggest leaders for this team right now and to put yourself in this situation is idiotic in itself. Both of these players had been solid off the field guys beofre this incident as well. Cherilus has top 15 potential and Tribble has a shot at round 1, its a shame to see this happen. Hopefully the punishments aren't too bad.

BrownsTown
08-23-2007, 02:40 PM
Am I gonna have to be the first one to make a Bengals joke? I don't wanna be 'that guy'.

Mr. Stiller
08-23-2007, 02:41 PM
It seems like Cherilus and Tribble did get screwed, but they are two of the biggest leaders for this team right now and to put yourself in this situation is idiotic in itself. Both of these players had been solid off the field guys beofre this incident as well. Cherilus has top 15 potential and Tribble has a shot at round 1, its a shame to see this happen. Hopefully the punishments aren't too bad.

There are some people that are just boneheads (AJ Nicholson/Marcus Vick), but these players are human too. If there was a bar fight and he tried to help break it up, I applaud him. I mean I hate people saying "They shouldn't put themselves in this situation". He went to a bar with a friend. Unless he started the bar fight, then it's his fault, but if he tried to break it up, it's a bum rap. I've talked to Gosder for almost a year now and this doesn't sound like something he'd do.

Axl Rose
08-23-2007, 03:06 PM
Anyone know if they'll even play this season?

Jonny
08-23-2007, 03:44 PM
There was a story about this before and Cherilus was attacking as a peacemaker more than actually fighting, and the guy that get messed up didn't get messed up until Cherilus got him out of where they were. Of course what was reported before could be wrong but I have a feeling this guy is just going after the athletes rather than the athletes doing something stupid. Until anyone actually gets in trouble it really doesn't hurt their stock.

That's one side of the story. Maybe that paper only got his side of it? I don't think they'd be filing charges if they didn't think the case had merit. Undoubtedly the DA knows about the details from the July 6th Globe story.

Mr. Stiller
08-23-2007, 06:27 PM
That's one side of the story. Maybe that paper only got his side of it? I don't think they'd be filing charges if they didn't think the case had merit. Undoubtedly the DA knows about the details from the July 6th Globe story.

I'm almost certain the paper would get more hits by targeting Gosder and DeJuan as the ruckus causers.

NFL2007
08-23-2007, 06:45 PM
If Gosder wasn't in immediate danger, then he shouldn't have stepped in. If he was in immediate danger, then I applaud for stepping in.

NFL2007
08-23-2007, 06:48 PM
There are some people that are just boneheads (AJ Nicholson/Marcus Vick), but these players are human too. If there was a bar fight and he tried to help break it up, I applaud him. I mean I hate people saying "They shouldn't put themselves in this situation". He went to a bar with a friend. Unless he started the bar fight, then it's his fault, but if he tried to break it up, it's a bum rap. I've talked to Gosder for almost a year now and this doesn't sound like something he'd do.

How do you know Gosder?

soxscout
08-23-2007, 11:19 PM
Two Boston College football players charged Wednesday with assault and battery in connection with a July bar fight will remain active with the team and not be disciplined by coach Jeff Jagodzinski.Philip A. Tracy Jr., who represents Cherilus and Tribble, told The Globe that both players will plead not guilty at their arraignment Oct. 1.

"They were, unfortunately, in the wrong place at the wrong time," Tracy told the newspaper. "They are innocent of any intentional assault on this man.""I've reviewed all the facts and I am confident that they will be cleared and found innocent," Jagodzinski said Thursday.http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2988209

CARDIAC CAT 7
08-24-2007, 08:22 PM
It just looks like wrong place at the wrong time to me, who doesn't go out to bars everyonce and a while. This could of happened to anyone. It looks like they neither wanted nor started the fight, I thing at the max they should only get suspended a game best if it was nothing, IMO.

HoopsDemon12
08-24-2007, 08:50 PM
It just looks like wrong place at the wrong time to me, who doesn't go out to bars everyonce and a while. This could of happened to anyone. It looks like they neither wanted nor started the fight, I thing at the max they should only get suspended a game best if it was nothing, IMO.

i actually agree with you.. sometimes things jsut cant be avoided.. im sure if they hadnt fought back and got brutally beaten the team would be more worried

Mr. Stiller
08-25-2007, 10:11 AM
How do you know Gosder?

I met him last year.. I talk to Joe Staley, Gosder, and a few other guys online (Revis, Spencer, etc.)

Staubach12
08-25-2007, 01:06 PM

Agreed. It's just mind blowing how atheletes so gifted and with so much on the line can do things like this.

themaninblack
08-25-2007, 03:50 PM
Am I gonna have to be the first one to make a Bengals joke? I don't wanna be 'that guy'.

as a browns fan you are forbidden from making jokes towards the bengals.