PDA

View Full Version : Elway Jr.?

CC.SD
08-23-2007, 06:45 PM
What's the deal? I know he's on varsity in high school, and his dad just signed up to coach him. Does anyone have any info at all? He's probably not the prospect his dad was, but none have been since anyway.

Aftermath
08-23-2007, 08:38 PM
What's the deal? I know he's on varsity in high school, and his dad just signed up to coach him. Does anyone have any info at all? He's probably not the prospect his dad was, but none have been since anyway.

Arm just like his daddys. I live in Denver so i see some Cherry Creek games.

M.O.T.H.
08-23-2007, 08:45 PM
http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=56961&sport=1

Videos and info...

Only a 2 star. They say he's pretty raw...you would figure if he has worked extensivly w/ his father he'd be a bit more polished.

RyanLeaf#1
08-23-2007, 08:58 PM
http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=56961&sport=1

Videos and info...

Only a 2 star. They say he's pretty raw...you would figure if he has worked extensivly w/ his father he'd be a bit more polished.

At this point it looks that Iowa State is his first choice, and how bad Iowa State is right now..... they could use a 2 star.

08-23-2007, 09:03 PM
hes a lot further along then some ppl mite believe and with his rocket arm and quick decision-making theres certainly some potential there..the name helps too lol

BrownsTown
08-23-2007, 09:30 PM
At this point it looks that Iowa State is his first choice, and how bad Iowa State is right now..... they could use a 2 star.

Dude, Bret Meyer kicks ass.

RyanLeaf#1
08-23-2007, 09:34 PM
Dude, Bret Meyer kicks ass.

He had 12 touchdowns and 12 interceptions last year.

BrownsTown
08-23-2007, 09:35 PM
He had 12 touchdowns and 12 interceptions last year.

He had like nothing around him and he can run too.

CC.SD
08-24-2007, 12:04 PM
If five or six years from now, he is still 2 star caliber, and goes undrafted, that will be a huge steal.

neko4
08-24-2007, 12:06 PM
He had like nothing around him and he can run too.

Todd Blythe... but no line

anyway, he sould go to stanford, they might be turning things around soon :)

BrownsTown
08-24-2007, 12:07 PM
Todd Blythe... but no line

anyway, he sould go to stanford, they might be turning things around soon :)

Yea Blythe was good, but he was pretty much the only option.

Splat
08-24-2007, 12:07 PM
If five or six years from now, he is still 2 star caliber, and goes undrafted, that will be a huge steal.

Why because his dad is a HOF? That doesn't mean he is going to be a good football player.

HoopsDemon12
08-24-2007, 12:11 PM
Why because his dad is a HOF? That doesn't mean he is going to be a good football player.

No but it does mean he will get a look because of his name and lineage...

Namy
08-24-2007, 12:16 PM

Here's my INSIDE scoop:

I live in Colorado and i have many friends that go/went to Cherry Creek HIgh School (the school Elway Jr. plays for). To be blunt, he is NOT very good. BrownsTown, Cherry Creek High School is the largest high school in Colorado and is reputed as always one of the top football talents in the state. However, they have not been very good recently... a lot of my friends feel he is the starting QB solely due to his name and that there are several QBs at the school who are more ready. He is not very accurate, and his balls have little zip... especially his deep ball which hangs in the air forever (hence his INT numbers).

I like the kid and I wish he will have more success in college as he is well... the son of John Elway.. but it seems unlikely to me that he makes it to the pros... and if he does... it will mostly be due to his name.

My two cents...

Splat
08-24-2007, 01:38 PM
No but it does mean he will get a look because of his name and lineage...

True but the kid is not even in college yet so to say he would be a stealin the draft is going a little far slow down.