PDA

View Full Version : Team USA Basketball

HoopsDemon12
08-24-2007, 12:43 PM
Wow i dont know if any of you are watching this but they look really good.. best they have in a long while actually.. they are playing like a team and i think they could win it all again this year

they won their second game 123 - 59 against the caman islands
they won thier first game of the year by a fair amount... ofcourse veneszuala(sorry i had no idea how to spell it) was also beaten by us the canadians by 8 yesterday... so who knows... i think both USA and Canada are looking good though

OSUGiants17
08-24-2007, 12:44 PM
yea USA look really good this year if they keep it up they could go all the way

SeanTaylorRIP
08-24-2007, 12:52 PM
yea USA look really good this year if they keep it up they could go all the way

Go all the way, lol, the Fiba Americas championship is a joke, such a weak tournament. Brazil would be the only competition I guess with Barbosa and Nene but to qualify for the Olympics all they have to do is win their bracket of Venezuela, Virgin Islans, Canada, and Brazil. Argentina doesn't even have Noc, Manu, or Boy Oberto. This tournament has some piss poor teams, the quality of play even in the FIBA Africa tournament is much higher. The teams U.S. will face at this tournament are nothing like the Spain, Greece, Italy etc. With that said my first day thoughts:
Ok my thoughts on team USA, first off Venezuela is an awful team, if they went winless I wouldn't be shocked. They have a couple guys like Grevy and Romero but on the most part one of the most untalented teams in the tourney, a team like Angola or New Zealand would wreck them. In comparison the D-league ambassadors played this exact team 3 weeks ago in a tournament and beat them by over 20, the D-league team consisted of guys like Renaldo Major, Pooh Jeter, Terrance Thomas, and Rick Rickiert, basically upper tier D-league vets, with that said here are my thoughts:
*Grevis Vasquez is the man
*Romero is trying too hard
*Dho has some serious free throw problems still
*United States is a worlds better team than last year. Kidd is the biggest addition he knows how to run a team and make amazing passes, adding Deron is an upgrade over CP3 in last years world championships. Kobe the most talented player in the world is playing great basketball. Shooting efficiently, being crafty, playing shutdown D, and most importantly being the team captain and dishing the ball. I really hope he can get a Jermaine Oneal because he can be a 30+10 guy.
*USA has some shooters. Other than adding Kobe Michael Redd is the perfect addition. One of the few guys who can knock the open 3 at a high percentage, and is also underrated creating for himself. Mike Miller another great shooter, although he didn't show it last night. He can knock the open shot and drive to the hoop, expect him to be a 20+ scorer next season.
*Overall defense has improved but still needs works. With the likes of guys like Dwight Howard, Tyce Chandler, and Prince the overall team D is much better but I still see so many problems with it. Interior D is not a problem Howard and Chandler are abusing these kids, even LeBron could play Center, I'm not worried inside even against a team like Brazil with Nene and Splitter, but still perimeter Defense needs work. Venezuela got so many open looks and while they didn't make many most other teams will. 69 points is a lot to give up to this squad, but still I like the effort and can tell a premium on defense is being put in place.
*As for the other games, I was shocked with Brazil narrowly beating team Canada. Barbosa scored a ton but his shooting was awful, he missed probably 20+ shots, driving you can't stop him but his 3 point shooting was off, he was trying to force too much. Nene was very active in his team but in terms of production failed miserably to what he should be doing, although he got the short end on so many calls. Splitter was tough inside but still as I have been saying is too weak and unskilled to be better than average in the NBA, he is a nice cleanup guy off the bench though. I'm sure working with Duncan in a year will help greatly. For Canada it was a gutsy game. Sammy D still getting used to the team when on the floor was very active cleaning things up. Levon Kendall proved why he's crap, and Denham needs more pt.
*Puerto Rico losing to Mexico was quite a shock to me considering how good some of the Ricans played. Peter John Ramos played the best I have ever seen him play in international competition and should only get better in Spain, I kind of wish the Wizards still had him. I have noticed that he has really slimed down from his D-league days, benefiting from a year in Puerto Rico. His overall mobility is much improved, and he's finally understanding how to use his 7-3 frame and massive wingspan. He is finishing inside, and disrupting shots. Spending the next 2 years in ACB should improve his game, and in 2 years when he's 24 I expect him to be in high demand for an NBA return. Carlos Arroyo was awful in any sense of the word, which is surprising because usually he is money internationally but yesterday he was playing like he was wearing a Magic jersey. JJ Barrea should be starting over him. Apodoca and Ayuso did their shooting thing but it wasn't enough. They are hurting without Daniel Santiago. For Mexico Mariscal, Llamos, Reyes, and another guy I don't know his name, were shooting lights out.
*Panama gave the game away to Uruguay in overtime. They had the game but stop playing their game. Danilo "JR" Pinnock former GW star was active on the boards and their leading scorer, but he failed to convert on so many easy layups. Gary Forbes and Lloreda were both impressive. For Uruguay they did a great job in coming back. I was mildly surprised when I looked at the statline and Esteban Batista Hawks player had 26 points, and 19 rebounds. The rebounds were not surprising as he dominated the boards but the points were shocking. For much of the game he couldn't convert on easy layups. On any other day he would have had 40points+ easy.

'cuse-213
08-24-2007, 01:00 PM
Please tell me you didnt write all that.

eh now that I look at its not that bad.

wiscbadgerfootball
08-24-2007, 01:11 PM
the team is ballin' the highlights on Sportscenter were sweet

HoopsDemon12
08-24-2007, 01:31 PM
the team is ballin' the highlights on Sportscenter were sweet

by then end of it they were just toying wiht em.. the alley oop of the back board was sick...

man ghetto that was one amazing post... props and +rep for that

SeanTaylorRIP
08-24-2007, 01:39 PM
The Fiba Africa tourny has been exciting as expected Angola will probably win it but my pick to win Mali did bad, so I don't feel so confident about my predicting anymore. Iran winning the Asia tourny and getting the Olympic bid was surprising, I fully expected Lebanon to win the whole thing with China not sending most of it's A team. My pick to win it all Philippines did bad too, I thought they would be great with known commodities like Mason's Gabe Norwood, Oakland's Kelly Williams aka Matrix pt.2, and Sharp shooter Jim Alapag.

neko4
08-24-2007, 01:42 PM
The Fiba Africa tourny has been exciting as expected Angola will probably win it but my pick to win Mali did bad, so I don't feel so confident about my predicting anymore. Iran winning the Asia tourny and getting the Olympic bid was surprising, I fully expected Lebanon to win the whole thing with China not sending most of it's A team. My pick to win it all Philippines did bad too, I thought they would be great with known commodities like Mason's Gabe Norwood, Oakland's Kelly Williams aka Matrix pt.2, and Sharp shooter Jim Alapag.

Dang
i was rooting for the Philippines

SeanTaylorRIP
08-24-2007, 01:52 PM
Dang
i was rooting for the Philippines

Yeah size was a problem but they should have beat Jordan to move on, the coaching and program is the problem. They think they are the U.S. in that they have such great talent they can just throw a team together 3 weeks before a competition, but they don't have that kind of talent, they should learn from other international programs, but they are a team on the rise for sure.

Turtlepower
08-24-2007, 02:38 PM
Steve Nash needs to get American citizenship, so that he can play for Team USA. Then we would be unstoppable.

HoopsDemon12
08-24-2007, 02:45 PM
Steve Nash needs to get American citizenship, so that he can play for Team USA. Then we would be unstoppable.

i like him playing for our team a lot better thank you very much.... you guys have enough elite talent dont get greedy

Turtlepower
08-24-2007, 02:47 PM
i like him playing for our team a lot better thank you very much.... you guys have enough elite talent dont get greedy

You mean the "we'll put him on the team and play him for about 5 minutes to appease our Canadian basketball lovers that we are actually trying to win method."

yo123
08-24-2007, 03:05 PM
well i didnt watch the virgin islands game but I watched the Venezuela one and Ive got to say Venezuela may be the worst professional basketball team I have ever seen. USA was practically playing street ball. And I saw the SC highlights from the virgin islands game...did someone forget to tell them that Michael Redd can shoot? Wow, he had like 4 wide open threes in the first quarter.

gbpackers0065
08-24-2007, 03:19 PM
With the addition of Miller and Redd they should be able to shoot the 3 better, which has been their biggest weakness in the past.

SeanTaylorRIP
08-24-2007, 03:59 PM
With the addition of Miller and Redd they should be able to shoot the 3 better, which has been their biggest weakness in the past.

Still their interior scoring is poor which I predict will come back to haunt them. None of the big men, Howard, Stat, or Chandler are dependable consistent low post scorers especially against other teams. I can think of atleast 10 country's that front lines can pose a serious threat to USA both offensively and defensively.

gbpackers0065
08-24-2007, 04:08 PM
Still their interior scoring is poor which I predict will come back to haunt them. None of the big men, Howard, Stat, or Chandler are dependable consistent low post scorers especially against other teams. I can think of atleast 10 country's that front lines can pose a serious threat to USA both offensively and defensively.

I agree, in fact i have a bet that they'll get out before the finals. Although, I have very high hopes that Howard and Chandler will develop and combine with new young players and in a few years the team will finally win it.

yo123
08-24-2007, 04:21 PM

Thats why Al Jefferson, Elton Brand, Carlos Boozer, or Chris Bosh should be on this team. Although im sure a couple of them were invited. Chandler imo is a complete waste of a roster spot.

SeanTaylorRIP
08-24-2007, 04:23 PM
I disagree with Chandler no he isn't an offensive weapon but he is the perfect fit off the bench. He is long, athletic, and runs the floor. He blocks shot, and is a better rebounder than Howard and Stoudemire and the thing I like most about him is that he brings that attitude and swagger that the U.S. needs. In a fair world I would take out Stat for Boozer, but we know that wouldn't happen.

TitleTown088
08-24-2007, 05:59 PM
With coach K as the man in charge, they shouldn't lose a game. The man is a basketball virtuoso

Paul
08-24-2007, 06:40 PM
I disagree with Chandler no he isn't an offensive weapon but he is the perfect fit off the bench. He is long, athletic, and runs the floor. He blocks shot, and is a better rebounder than Howard and Stoudemire and the thing I like most about him is that he brings that attitude and swagger that the U.S. needs. In a fair world I would take out Stat for Boozer, but we know that wouldn't happen.

Agreed. He's not the big name or sexy pick, but he's no bump on a log neither. He will contribute to this team.

yo123
08-24-2007, 06:56 PM
He can probably contribute with his defense and rebounding. But arent there other players that can play defense and rebound, along with somewhat of an offensive game?

Paul
08-24-2007, 07:06 PM
He can probably contribute with his defense and rebounding. But arent there other players that can play defense and rebound, along with somewhat of an offensive game?

Did you not just say he was a "Complete waste of a roster spot". I believe coach K and company know what they want and what they need, and any team with Kobe, Michael Redd, Lebron, and Carmelo can have a role playing Big Man like Chandler, in spite of any offensive deficiencies. Also Chanlder is not totally inept on the offensive end as you make him out to be, he get's his garbage points off of rebonds and tips. Nothing wrong with that. And also Elton Brand couldn't make the team as he suffered a major injury earlier this summer. Might acutally miss this upcoming. season I believe.

yo123
08-24-2007, 07:12 PM
Did you not just say he was a "Complete waste of a roster spot". I believe coach K and company know what they want and what they need, and any team with Kobe, Michael Redd, Lebron, and Carmelo can have a role playing Big Man like Chandler, in spite of any offensive deficiencies. Also Chanlder is not totally inept on the offensive end as you make him out to be, he get's his garbage points off of rebonds and tips. Nothing wrong with that. And also Elton Brand couldn't make the team as he suffered a major injury earlier this summer. Might acutally miss this upcoming. season I believe.

Yes, in the sense that there are definetly players that would imo contribute more than he would. Probably 5-10 players actually.

Turtlepower
08-24-2007, 07:16 PM
Yes, in the sense that there are definetly players that would imo contribute more than he would. Probably 5-10 players actually.

We need big men, plain and simple, but many of them are not athletic enough to play in an international game. Chandler and Brand are two who can, but Brand is out for a long time. Chandler is a beast and is a dominator inside.

thetedginnshow
08-24-2007, 07:17 PM
I think Chandler's a perfect fit for this team. They need defense and rebounds more so than scoring and what not, considering the star talent on the team. What they really need is another Chandler, because they're seriously lacking in "Big's". It's a shame someone like KG or Duncan won't play.

Turtlepower
08-24-2007, 07:18 PM
I think Chandler's a perfect fit for this team. They need defense and rebounds more so than scoring and what not, considering the star talent on the team. What they really need is another Chandler, because they're seriously lacking in "Big's". It's a shame someone like KG or Duncan won't play.

Duncan would not be able to because he is from the Virgin Islands and KG... Well I'm sure that even if he wanted to play, Boston would never allow it.

thetedginnshow
08-24-2007, 07:20 PM
Duncan would not be able to because he is from the Virgin Islands and KG... Well I'm sure that even if he wanted to play, Boston would never allow it.

I'm pretty sure KG can do whatever he wants, and I'm fairly sure Duncan has already played for the US team and is eligible to, and only isn't because the Virgin Islands now has a team. I could be wrong though.

Turtlepower
08-24-2007, 07:23 PM
I'm pretty sure KG can do whatever he wants, and I'm fairly sure Duncan has already played for the US team and is eligible to, and only isn't because the Virgin Islands now has a team. I could be wrong though.

Well... Then they suck and hate America.

Namy
08-24-2007, 07:24 PM

I forget exactly why Duncan is not playing but it is NOT because of the Virgin Islands. The time he actually played for the US team, the US played the Virgin Islands; however, Duncan opted to not play against them (not that it mattered).

SeanTaylorRIP
08-24-2007, 07:35 PM
We need big men, plain and simple, but many of them are not athletic enough to play in an international game. Chandler and Brand are two who can, but Brand is out for a long time. Chandler is a beast and is a dominator inside.

Completely agree, even with a guy like Duncan who I respect so much as a top 5 big man all time he would not be a good fit on the time. While he would bring leadership, interior scoring/defense and rebounding because he is just an average athlete with the way team USA goes up and down his strengths would be ignored and wasted.

JF4
08-24-2007, 08:16 PM
I got Canada by 20 in tommorows afternoon showdown!

Sammy Dalembert > Lebron for sure.

HoopsDemon12
08-24-2007, 08:40 PM
I got Canada by 20 in tommorows afternoon showdown!

Sammy Dalembert > Lebron for sure.

i didnt even know he was canadian until i saw highlights today not even kidding

SeanTaylorRIP
08-24-2007, 09:22 PM
The Mexico vs. Panama game was such a joy to watch, so glad Panama pulled it off with the mild upset. JR Pinnock finally came through with his talent with 30 points, 7 boards, and 4 assists. First half especially he was all over knocking down some long range shots but more importantly attacking the basket. The game was crazy, turnovers up the wazoo, pressing every play, fast break, 1 on 1. Mexico is the equivalent to the Phoenix Suns of international play, chucking 3's, pressing every time down their game is crazy. They have some college players and a few with NBA experience although missing Najera, the way they play if they are on they could challenge the US to be honest. But great job Panama for Danilo and Gary Forbes, now I just need Carl Krauser to step up for the Virgin Islands he's a pimp of a player. Canada almost lost to the Virgin Islands today, lol, they were owned in the first quarter.

soybean
08-25-2007, 02:22 PM
anyone watching the USA vs. Canada game? Canada is pretty good. This fabutini(sp?) guy has been hot.

if you don't have cable you can watch it online like me. just go to espn.com and under the news section click [watch: U.S. hoops square off vs. Canada]

yo123
08-25-2007, 02:35 PM
they cant be that good we're winning by 25 in the first half

Eaglez.Fan
08-25-2007, 02:42 PM
If we had Steve Nash, Jamal Magloire and Andy Rautins this would be a close game.

yo123
08-25-2007, 02:53 PM
If we had Steve Nash, Jamal Magloire and Andy Rautins this would be a close game.

come on....... Nash alone would keep it within 25-30 maybe, but i dont think Dwight Howard or Stoudamire are too scared of Magloire. And Rautins is a role player for Syracuse, I doubt he would be able to keep up with Lebron or Melo.

jballa838
08-25-2007, 02:55 PM
no not really. i'll take team USA over team Canada any day

Eaglez.Fan
08-25-2007, 02:57 PM
But it would be within 10-15 points.

SeanTaylorRIP
08-25-2007, 03:50 PM
But it would be within 10-15 points.

20-25 points. They would still be owned inside, Sammy D is better than Magloire.

JF4
08-25-2007, 06:00 PM
The US lucked out this time. We'll see you in the finals;)

SeanTaylorRIP
08-25-2007, 07:07 PM
The US lucked out this time. We'll see you in the finals;)

They can't face each other in the finals. http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/forum/images/icons/icon7.gif

SuperKevin
08-25-2007, 07:10 PM
Canada's pregame meal of Canadian Bacon and Maple Syrup slowed them down

BuckNaked
08-25-2007, 07:11 PM
Canada's pregame meal of Canadian Bacon and Maple Syrup slowed them down

I don't think they benefited by warming up in ice skates either.

SeanTaylorRIP
08-25-2007, 09:48 PM
Dwade will make the team next year but is a waste. His game doesn't fit, commits carry's so often, we don't need his ball handling or passing, and he can't shoot better than any of the other guards, so leave him off despite his big name.

neko4
08-25-2007, 09:53 PM
Yeah size was a problem but they should have beat Jordan to move on, the coaching and program is the problem. They think they are the U.S. in that they have such great talent they can just throw a team together 3 weeks before a competition, but they don't have that kind of talent, they should learn from other international programs, but they are a team on the rise for sure.

for some reason i figured it had to do w/ coaching, u made them sound fairly talented

SeanTaylorRIP
08-26-2007, 02:51 PM
Man Brazil barely scrapped by the Virgin Islands yesterday, Nene has not been impressive what so ever. The Uruguay Puerto Rico game was a classic, I was watching it every second. Uruguay had an amazing win as Puerto Rico has been a huge bust in this tournament. Esteban Batista absolutely dominated with 34 points and 15 boards with a huge clutch put back. And again Batista missed many shots he'd usually make and could have easily had 50 points.

HoopsDemon12
08-26-2007, 02:55 PM
Is Rikcy Rubio playing for anyone in this tourny? i wanan see this kid play cazuse i have heard a lot of good thigns about him

jballa838
08-26-2007, 03:03 PM
Dwade will make the team next year but is a waste. His game doesn't fit, commits carry's so often, we don't need his ball handling or passing, and he can't shoot better than any of the other guards, so leave him off despite his big name.
that is right, he isnt right for team USA because all he can do is penetrate and he has no jumper. Did Arenas not make it? I think he could be a good fit

SeanTaylorRIP
08-26-2007, 04:46 PM
that is right, he isnt right for team USA because all he can do is penetrate and he has no jumper. Did Arenas not make it? I think he could be a good fit

Eh I doubt it and I doubt he would want to. Coach K told the media that he was sent home due to injury problems, but Gil said he was 100% healthy and they just cut him but wanted to look like the good guys and couldn't cut him straight up and had to make excuses, that's why Gil had a grudge against the team US assistants and said he would drop like 100 or something if he played Duke.

jballa838
08-26-2007, 05:00 PM
Eh I doubt it and I doubt he would want to. Coach K told the media that he was sent home due to injury problems, but Gil said he was 100% healthy and they just cut him but wanted to look like the good guys and couldn't cut him straight up and had to make excuses, that's why Gil had a grudge against the team US assistants and said he would drop like 100 or something if he played Duke.
thats messed up. Gil probably will drop 60 on the blazers this year. him with motivation is just scary.

soybean
08-26-2007, 09:28 PM
USA is raping Brazil. Kobe has completely shut down barbosa.

Where's everyone that's been saying that kobe is nothing but a ball hog?

KILLERSANTA
08-26-2007, 09:29 PM
84-47.......

KILLERSANTA
08-26-2007, 09:40 PM
This is not even fun to watch...........96-49

soybean
08-28-2007, 12:05 AM
I didn't get to see the USA vs. Mexico match up, anyone have a breakdown? I don't like how they only won by 27 points and allowed mexico to get to 100 points. this seems like a bad sign of things to come.

comahan
08-28-2007, 01:08 AM
Bill Walton on commentary makes it worth watching. Oh my god I love Bill Walton.

diabsoule
08-28-2007, 02:28 AM
They look like they are actually taking competing against the world seriously and I am going to be disappointed if they come back with anything other than gold.

SeanTaylorRIP
08-28-2007, 08:49 AM
I didn't get to see the USA vs. Mexico match up, anyone have a breakdown? I don't like how they only won by 27 points and allowed mexico to get to 100 points. this seems like a bad sign of things to come.

See my comment from a week ago when I said a team like Mexico when on because of their style of play can beat USA if they are hot, and Mexico wasn't hot yesterday and the score doesn't really dictate how close it was. First off Mexico is not a good team, although now under Nolan Richardson they have improved by leaps and bounds. They however will not, should not, and aren't expected to finish in the top 5 in this tourny, but still throughout the game Mexico pulled it to around 10 points until the late stages of the game in which US ran away with it, but still Mexico scoring 100 is telling and Argentina who has been plowing through teams just as impressive as America despite missing most of it's stars has a shot against the U.S. What I saw last night was the same defense of old, allowing easy perimeter shots to guys who can make them, and even more telling Mexico not backing down and attacking the united states at the hoop and converting. While the one on one perimeter defense has been excellent, the rotation, help D, and interior D have been poor which is rather surprising. I'd actually like to see more Dwight Howard and Tyson Chandler lineups or Amare and Chandler lineups. Dwight Howard has been a manbeast but has stones as hands, worse hands than Clarence Moore. Amare has been assertive on offense, but needs to put more focus on defense and rebounding, his scoring isn't needed as much as his defense is. Chandler is doing what he is here for rebound, block shots, put backs. Had Mexico made it's shot like Italy, Spain, Argentina, Greece, etc.. are capable of this would have been an interesting game. With that said their depth and leadership of Kidd and Kobe were impressive and I am still expecting them to go undefeated, so it will be interesting to watch tonight's game against Puerto Rico. PR has always posed trouble for the US and routed Brazil yesterday, but the entire tournament they have been poor. I fully expect Arroyo and JJ Barrea to light them up but US should still win. It will be the supporting guys like Ayuso and Carmelo Lee who will determine how close they can get it, also if PJ Ramos is able to score in double figures in the paint we got issues.

DChess
08-28-2007, 10:41 PM
i cant stop laughing when i watch these games

SeanTaylorRIP
08-29-2007, 08:42 AM
i cant stop laughing when i watch these games

Argentina has been just as impressive so be careful, which is even more telling for next year as Argentina doesn't even have Manu, Fabreeze, or Nocioni.

jbeans187
08-29-2007, 10:55 AM
Bill Walton on commentary makes it worth watching. Oh my god I love Bill Walton.

Did you hear when he was talking about how someones dog died? He is ridiculous

HoopsDemon12
08-29-2007, 08:34 PM
Ricky Rubio playing in this thing? anyone know?

SeanTaylorRIP
08-29-2007, 08:58 PM
Ricky Rubio playing in this thing? anyone know?

He's from Spain Bro.

HoopsDemon12
08-29-2007, 09:16 PM
He's from Spain Bro.

and they arent in the tourny? sorry i just knew canada and the U.S were in it.. i havnt been able to get any of the pod casts or games on tv so im kinda in teh dark

DChess
08-29-2007, 10:16 PM
im glad lebrons playing in this, gives him a good oppurtunity to work on his 3 pt/jump shot, and so far his three has been going down alot more than it usually is. he looks real good

YAYareaRB
08-29-2007, 10:21 PM
Argentina has been just as impressive so be careful, which is even more telling for next year as Argentina doesn't even have Manu, Fabreeze, or Nocioni.

According to the announcers last night.. Nocioni, Manu and Oberto are all playing.

DChess
08-29-2007, 10:41 PM
bron bron hasnt missed a shot yet

DChess
08-29-2007, 10:47 PM
anybody watching lebron rape urgay

soybean
08-29-2007, 11:04 PM

haha i just came in here to say that. 100 percent fg%! 24 points in 11 minutes.

damnnnn.

YAYareaRB
08-29-2007, 11:08 PM
It IS Uruguay

DChess
08-29-2007, 11:27 PM
It IS Uruguay

way not to get a joke, YOU'REGAY, urgay, uruguay, its a play on words

princefielder28
08-29-2007, 11:27 PM

big time anal rappage

soybean
08-29-2007, 11:56 PM
the US needs to be able to defend against the three. I saw too many wide open looks, if or when they face a team that likes to shoot, they're screwwwwed.

Namy
08-30-2007, 01:12 AM
the US needs to be able to defend against the three. I saw too many wide open looks, if or when they face a team that likes to shoot, they're screwwwwed.

Eh. I wouldnt be too worried. Those open shots mostly came in the second half when the US was winning convincingly in their games. WHen it was time to step up their D tho, they did it. This team looks unstoppable. But, Argentina will be the measuring stick on how good US really is.

YAYareaRB
08-30-2007, 01:15 AM
way not to get a joke, YOU'REGAY, urgay, uruguay, its a play on words

No I mean It's URUGUAY.. I got the joke. I'm saying It's URUGUAY, we're supposed to rape them.

SeanTaylorRIP
08-30-2007, 08:26 AM
According to the announcers last night.. Nocioni, Manu and Oberto are all playing.

According to me watching every single game they are not, neither is Pepe Sanchez, so maybe you misheard, and yeah too bad Esteban Batista was released by the Haws cause he is dominating this tournament, and the guy who asked about Rubio, this is the FIBA Americas championship, Euro Championship starts in September, but he's only on the Spanish U21 team, no way in heck he would make the senior team with Calderon, Navarro, Spanish chocolate Sergio Rodriguez, and solid Cabezas, 3 of those 4 are NBAers, all are capable starters though JCN can play the 2 ahead of Rudy Fernandez.

YAYareaRB
08-30-2007, 09:49 AM
Does anyone honestly believe Argentina will put up a challenge to USA?

princefielder28
08-30-2007, 12:20 PM
Does anyone honestly believe Argentina will put up a challenge to USA?

With the way the USA is playing I don't think anyone in the Western Hemisphere can compete with them

DChess
08-30-2007, 01:39 PM
i really doubt it, i mean its possible, but this is the first time in a while we have had a "team", rebounders, three point shooters, defense, guys who can take it to the bucket. very complete team

YAYareaRB
08-30-2007, 10:12 PM
i really doubt it, i mean its possible, but this is the first time in a while we have had a "team", rebounders, three point shooters, defense, guys who can take it to the bucket. very complete team

You said it bro.. Now if you were to put all those into categories how would this years team compare to THEE Dream Team?

soybean
08-30-2007, 11:28 PM
I just noticed something, why isn't Tmac on the team?

Namy
08-30-2007, 11:43 PM
What USA is doing to argentina is just ridiculous. Anyone see Melo's dunk?

M.O.T.H.
08-30-2007, 11:48 PM
T-Mac is too injury proned...he needs this time to rest. His back is in awful shape.

DChess
08-31-2007, 12:26 AM
I just noticed something, why isn't Tmac on the team?

they dont need a team of 12 shooters, thats what cost them in 2002. This team is perfect, they have rebounder's, inside, outside shooters, defense, a great pg, to lead a team full of all stars. guys like tyson chandler and dwight howard are huge keys to the team because they don't look to score, just block, and rebound, they know there role. the scores we do have on our team are all different in their respective games. why would we want a another kobe, not just another kobe, a worse one, who has a worse jumper and doesn't play any defense whatsoever? you cant look at like oh **** he scores a lot of pts why isn't he on the team, thats why gilbert arenas isn't in las vegas right now

DChess
08-31-2007, 12:27 AM
T-Mac is too injury proned...he needs this time to rest. His back is in awful shape.

even if he was healthy, i doubt he would be on the team

Nerv
08-31-2007, 01:05 AM
they dont need a team of 12 shooters, thats what cost them in 2002.

Sorry DChess but the reason we lost in 2002 was because we had NO shooters. We had all scorers and slashers and no one could hit any outside shots. Every team just played a massive pack it in zone and watched as we missed jumper after jumper.

Someone get Chandler off this team though, replace him with Bosh or Duncan/KG if you can convince them.

thetedginnshow
08-31-2007, 06:08 AM
This team isn't perfect by any means. Not enough of an inside presence, and not enough smart shooters. Mike Miller just wants to be a superstar, Redd chucks up whatever he sees, and well, that's about everyone. I still believe Miller was a terrible choice. They're vastly improving over time here, though. I can't say I like Chauncey on the team though. He's not all too fantastic of a shooter, and not especially made to pass in this system (not that he seems to really want to), so I don't think he offers all too much beyond some above-average defense. I think they could have found better people than Miller and Billups to fill those spots that would have been willing.

trkaline
08-31-2007, 06:36 AM
You said it bro.. Now if you were to put all those into categories how would this years team compare to THEE Dream Team?

We might never see another team like The Dream Team but aslong as were better then everyone else im satisfied...

SeanTaylorRIP
08-31-2007, 08:17 AM
This Olympic team is great, next year don't add anyone, no Dwade, no Marion, no Duncan, no Arenas, no Bosh. Keep the same team but take off either Billups or Deron and add Al Jefferson for interior scoring, but we all know that won't happen guys like Dwade and Bosh are locks for the team but I don't like either as fits, Dwade can't shoot or pass his skills aren't needed, and Bosh floats to the perimeter too much.

DChess
08-31-2007, 09:39 AM
Sorry DChess but the reason we lost in 2002 was because we had NO shooters. We had all scorers and slashers and no one could hit any outside shots. Every team just played a massive pack it in zone and watched as we missed jumper after jumper.

Someone get Chandler off this team though, replace him with Bosh or Duncan/KG if you can convince them.

yeah i meant scorers my bad

scottyboy
08-31-2007, 09:47 AM
this team is winning because theey mesh perfectly. Tyson and Howard grab boards, and outlet to the best passing and fast break PG in JKidd, who can dish to 3 EXPLOSIVE guys in melo, bron, and kobe...

portermvp84
08-31-2007, 10:32 AM
USA is unstopable right now I don't think anybody is going to beat them any time soon.

SeanTaylorRIP
08-31-2007, 10:53 AM
USA is unstopable right now I don't think anybody is going to beat them any time soon.

Puerto Rico always gives a fight never say never.

Nerv
08-31-2007, 12:41 PM

We lost to Greece! The Charlotte Bobcats wouldnt lose to Greece. USA is no longer unstoppable and this FIBA America's cup has no good teams in it so I wouldnt use it as that much of a barometer. Argentina has their B/C squad out (who we only beat by 15) and Brasil is even missing players. Wait till we start playing the Euro powers who seem to give us fits.

thetedginnshow
08-31-2007, 01:38 PM
No need to diss the Bobcats...

SeanTaylorRIP
08-31-2007, 02:02 PM
We lost to Greece! The Charlotte Bobcats wouldnt lose to Greece. USA is no longer unstoppable and this FIBA America's cup has no good teams in it so I wouldnt use it as that much of a barometer. Argentina has their B/C squad out (who we only beat by 15) and Brasil is even missing players. Wait till we start playing the Euro powers who seem to give us fits.

Nah bro Greece would crush the Bobcats, Diamantidis, Theo Papaloukas, Greek Shaw Sofoklis they are the ish. BTW Brazil is only really missing Varejao. And with Argentina people don't realize that they could really beat USA we only beat them by 15 but they are missing 5 starters, and 5 NBA players, Manu Ginobili, Andres Nocioni, Fabreeze Oberto, Walter Herrman, and Pepe Sanchez, when you think about that talent and how they play together that is deadly.

Nerv
08-31-2007, 06:08 PM
Nah bro Greece would crush the Bobcats, Diamantidis, Theo Papaloukas, Greek Shaw Sofoklis they are the ish.

Ya like i said.. not very impressive. Bobcats could beat that.

thetedginnshow
08-31-2007, 06:25 PM
Seriously. Why the Bobcats? Let's replace them with the Hawks.

SeanTaylorRIP
08-31-2007, 07:35 PM
Seriously. Why the Bobcats? Let's replace them with the Hawks.

Hawks will make the playoffs this year, Jsmoove, Marv, Joe Johnson, Zaza, Josh Childress, Shelden Williams, Al Horford, Acie Law, Salim, Tyronn, Speedy, hopefully Esteban, Kings are the worst team in the league IMO. Kevin Martin is the only stud, a bunch of washed out stars and another softie in Spencer Hawes.

thetedginnshow
08-31-2007, 07:41 PM
Hawks will make the playoffs this year, Jsmoove, Marv, Joe Johnson, Zaza, Josh Childress, Shelden Williams, Al Horford, Acie Law, Salim, Tyronn, Speedy, hopefully Esteban, Kings are the worst team in the league IMO. Kevin Martin is the only stud, a bunch of washed out stars and another softie in Spencer Hawes.

Haha. I was just joking. But regardless of the fact that they're my team, I think the Bobcats have a solid shot at making the playoffs. Felton will dazzle.

SeanTaylorRIP
08-31-2007, 07:50 PM
Haha. I was just joking. But regardless of the fact that they're my team, I think the Bobcats have a solid shot at making the playoffs. Felton will dazzle.

Oh me's agree with you my main man, Cats will make the playoffs easy, only thing I hate them doing was releasing the perfect backup in Brevin Knight but Jeff McInnis is good enough. I mean I might be the only person who thinks they raped the Warriors on the Jrich deal. Brandan Wright is trash and the 2 guards available like Stuckey and Nick Young would not have been better picks. I love their roster, Ray Felt a future allstar, Jrich a possible allstar in the east, Gerald Wallace one of the best defenders in the league and a 15+ point scorer, Walter Herrman a guy who should go for 15+8 next season, Jared Dudley a flat out gamer, Matt Carroll one of the best shooters in the league, athletic skilled big man Jarmereo Davidson, Emeka, and Primoz. There are also those 2 guys Morrison and May who if they ever develop would be huge.

Chucky
08-31-2007, 08:03 PM
Oh me's agree with you my main man, Cats will make the playoffs easy, only thing I hate them doing was releasing the perfect backup in Brevin Knight but Jeff McInnis is good enough. I mean I might be the only person who thinks they raped the Warriors on the Jrich deal. Brandan Wright is trash and the 2 guards available like Stuckey and Nick Young would not have been better picks. I love their roster, Ray Felt a future allstar, Jrich a possible allstar in the east, Gerald Wallace one of the best defenders in the league and a 15+ point scorer, Walter Herrman a guy who should go for 15+8 next season, Jared Dudley a flat out gamer, Matt Carroll one of the best shooters in the league, athletic skilled big man Jarmereo Davidson, Emeka, and Primoz. There are also those 2 guys Morrison and May who if they ever develop would be huge.

Considering that you think Atlanta and Charlotte will both make the playoffs

Which or Miami, Detroit, Cleveland, Toronto, Chicago, washington and boston(who i all consider superior to atlanta and charlotte), wont make it?

thetedginnshow
08-31-2007, 08:42 PM

Yeah, I agree about Knight. I was pretty shocked about that, but it's alright. And for some reason, though I really don't care for him at all, I believe Morrison will make strides this year. Did you know he used to look normal? I'm thinking of sending him this pic so he remembers what it's like to look human:

http://www.basketediabete.it/AdamMorrison1.jpg

SeanTaylorRIP
08-31-2007, 08:45 PM
Considering that you think Atlanta and Charlotte will both make the playoffs

Which or Miami, Detroit, Cleveland, Toronto, Chicago, washington and boston(who i all consider superior to atlanta and charlotte), wont make it?

Miami is on a nose dive, and I don't believe in Toronto.

BuckNaked
08-31-2007, 08:48 PM

I don't think both Atlanta and Charlotte will both make the playoffs. I agree with you about Miami, but I think Toronto is a very talented team and they'll make the playoffs. You also have to consider the Knicks for that 7/8 spot. Curry and Randolph will just be too dominant offensively in the post.

Chucky
08-31-2007, 08:55 PM

Why dont u think toronto will make it, TJ Ford will be more comfortable in his second year in toronto, Chris Bosh keeps getting better, Garbo and Parker will improve as they become more accustomed to the NBA, Delfino offsets the loss of MoPete, Kapono is a great addition, Calderon will keep improving, and Bargnani will continue to improve as well

thetedginnshow
08-31-2007, 09:30 PM
Why dont u think toronto will make it, TJ Ford will be more comfortable in his second year in toronto, Chris Bosh keeps getting better, Garbo and Parker will improve as they become more accustomed to the NBA, Delfino offsets the loss of MoPete, Kapono is a great addition, Calderon will keep improving, and Bargnani will continue to improve as well

Because you're a homer and Ghetto is not.

Chucky
08-31-2007, 10:14 PM

I think saying the Hawks will make the playoffs is a homer comment. Also what have the bucks done to go from 3 seed and division winner to out of the playoffs all together

BuckNaked
08-31-2007, 10:36 PM

Is that a joke? The Raptors are a much more proven team than the Hawks. I'm not saying that the Hawks won't make the playoffs, but your statement was ridiculous.

thetedginnshow
08-31-2007, 11:20 PM
They need to allow you to make that smiley face bigger.