PDA

View Full Version : My Mock Draft using Scott's order

OSUGiants17
08-24-2007, 03:42 PM
here's my go

1. Oakland- Darren McFadden, RB, Arkanas(my Hiesman pick)
2. Houston- Kenny Phillips, S, Miami(FL)
3. Minnesota- Brian Brohm, QB, Louisville
4. Tampa- Antoine Cason, CB, Arizona
5. Dallas(f/ CLE)- Malcolm Jenkins, CB, Ohio State
6. Washington- Glenn Dorsey, DT, LSU
7. Miami- Colt Brennan, QB, Hawaii
8. Detroit- Calais Campell, DE, Miami(FL)
9. Buffalo- Jake Long, OT, Michigan
10. Kansas City- Aqib Talib, CB, Kansas
11. Arizona- Derrick Harvey, DE/OLB, Florida
12. Tennessee- Desean Jackson, WR, Cal
13. Atlanta- Andre' Woodson, QB, Kentucky
14. New York G- Quentin Groves, DE/OLB, Auburn
15. GreenBay- Steve Slaton, RB, West Virgina
16. New England(f/ SF)- Dan Connor, ILB, Penn St.
17. St. Louis- Rey Maugala(sp?), ILB, USC
18. Jacksonville- John David Booty, QB, USC
19. Carolina- John Carlson, TE, Notre Dame
20. New York J- Mario Manningham, WR, Michigan
21. Pittsburgh- Frank Okam, DT, Texas
22. Dallas- Johnathan Stewart, RB, Oregon
23. Seattle- Fred Davis, TE, USC
24. Cincinnati- James Laurinaitis, ILB, Ohio State
25. Philadelphia- Sam Baker, OT, USC
26. Baltimore- Chris Long, DE, Virgina
27. Denver- Ryan Clady, OT, Boise St.
28. Chicago- Chad Henne, QB, Michigan
29. New Orleans- Keith Rivers, OLB, USC
30. San Diego- Vince Hall, ILB, Virgina Tech
31. San Francisco(f/IND)- Limas Sweed, WR, Texas
32. New England- Terrelle Thomas, CB, USC

comments please

thebow305
08-24-2007, 03:52 PM
There are very picks that can infuriate me at this point. That is one of them. if you know anything about us, you know we definitely won't pick a QB next year. Beck is the future there. The only chance we take one, is one in the later rounds as a developmental project, but definitely not first round when we have such bigger needs like someone in the secondary, offensive line help, or a young stud pass rusher.

Long, Campbell, Baker, Maualuga, Thomas, would all be better more senseful picks there.

HoopsDemon12
08-24-2007, 03:53 PM
We have so much better players we could get ... not named jake long... although him on our rightside would own!!! we would have one of hte best tackle combinations in the future... but we need DT/LB/CB and WR a hell of a lot more than another offensive lineman.. we spent enough there last season to go draft high there again

Also i doubt Philly would draft another USC left tackle...

joercky
08-24-2007, 04:35 PM
RB's never go # 1 overall. Al would probably go for someone like Jake Long. Houston would probably go for someone like a Sam Baker for LT or a D-lineman like Dorsey because Johnson is a bust or Calais Campbell because Babin hasn't done crap. Houston has spent 4 1st rounders on D-Linemen with 2 having proved themselves busts so like Millen and recievers Houston will probably draft another lineman this year. I could see Tampa taking a guy like Jackson because Grudan loves speedsters and needs the heir apparent to Galloway. Brohm to Miami is idiotic because they have Beck. Campbell to D-town is dumb cause they have IAF and White. Booty is more of a second to a third rounder at this point and I see Limas Sweed going alot earlier.

skinzzfan25
08-24-2007, 04:42 PM
If Calais Campbell is still on the board and we do not take him, I'll kill somebody.

Our DE's are far worse than our DTs. Golston and Montgomery are young and decent. Griffen is alright when healthy along with Joe Salave'a. But I don't think Wynn/Daniels can go another year at end.

neko4
08-24-2007, 04:44 PM
I'd rather see how Brandon Jackson does for two years before drafting another RB, Jenkins please

Sniper
08-24-2007, 04:58 PM
Also i doubt Philly would draft another USC left tackle...

Never doubt Philly and linemen...EVER! I actually kind of like the pick, though it doesn't fit our biggest need. Thomas and Runyan have 2 years tops left. So Justice can slide in at right tackle and Baker at left tackle. I wouldn't mind that. For the needs part though, Dan Connor who somehow didn't make it into your first round, Keith Rivers, Brian Cushing or Vince Hall right there would be super.

princefielder28
08-24-2007, 05:06 PM
Cason over Dorsey in Tampa would suprise me. Cason, IMO, is the best corner in the draft, but he isn't worthy of the 4th pick.

HoopsDemon12
08-24-2007, 05:11 PM
Never doubt Philly and linemen...EVER! I actually kind of like the pick, though it doesn't fit our biggest need. Thomas and Runyan have 2 years tops left. So Justice can slide in at right tackle and Baker at left tackle. I wouldn't mind that. For the needs part though, Dan Connor who somehow didn't make it into your first round, Keith Rivers, Brian Cushing or Vince Hall right there would be super.

i never doubted a philly... or a lineman... im saying the drafted a tackle in the second round a couple years ago and they think he is hte future at left tackle.. so why draft another one?

just a coinsidence they went to the same school

Sniper
08-24-2007, 05:33 PM
i never doubted a philly... or a lineman... im saying the drafted a tackle in the second round a couple years ago and they think he is hte future at left tackle.. so why draft another one?

just a coinsidence they went to the same school

Oh no I didn't mean doubting like that. I meant don't ever rule out the possibility of a tackle in the first round. Philly loves their road graders. And to answer your question, both Runyan and Thomas are getting old, so an infusion of youth would be good right now. You could also bounce Andrews out to tackle but then you need a guard.

KILLERSANTA
08-24-2007, 05:36 PM
Solid Cowboys draft........

SeanTaylorRIP
08-24-2007, 06:09 PM
If Calais Campbell is still on the board and we do not take him, I'll kill somebody.

Our DE's are far worse than our DTs. Golston and Montgomery are young and decent. Griffen is alright when healthy along with Joe Salave'a. But I don't think Wynn/Daniels can go another year at end.

True that.

Turtlepower
08-24-2007, 06:36 PM
Three CBs will never go in the top 10. There are positions that are harder to get that are available there.

TimD
08-24-2007, 06:54 PM
7. Miami- Colt Brennan, QB, Hawaii
Beck?
9. Buffalo- Jake Long, OT, Michigan
Jake Long not in the top 5... is that a joke?
20. New York J- Mario Manningham, WR, Michigan
With Frank Okam on the board I think they get a quality NT.
23. Seattle- Fred Davis, TE, USC
I didn't think he has first round potential.

other than those 4 picks i liked it... a bit different though

EDIT: dan conner is actually an ILB... my bad

Turtlepower
08-24-2007, 06:56 PM
Also, why would the Giants take a tweener in the form of Quentin Groves even though they play a 4-3

doingthisinsteadofwork
08-24-2007, 07:00 PM
god someone gotta be creative and make their own draft order Oakland at #1 selecting McFadden is so easy to predict.

wiscbadgerfootball
08-24-2007, 07:48 PM
yeah wait a on a rb.. but Slaton is a beast so I'd take it

HoopsDemon12
08-24-2007, 09:22 PM
other than those 5 picks i liked it... a bit different though

about the dan connor to new england thing.. he is a MLB so it does work.... OSU just has him at OLB

duckseason
08-24-2007, 10:28 PM
I can't imagine 3 of the top 5 picks being DB's. 3 corners in the top 10 seems highly unlikely, and 2 in the top 5 seems nearly impossible. It would have to be a pretty weak draft class overall for that to happen, I think. Props for thinking outside the box though.

Chucky
08-24-2007, 10:28 PM
Three CBs will never go in the top 10. There are positions that are harder to get that are available there.

Firstly Antrel Rolle, Pacman, and Carlos Rogers all went top 10 in the 2005 draft

Secondly, there is no way a cover 2 team would take a CB at #4 overall especially with Dorsey and Campbell available

Sniper
08-24-2007, 11:17 PM
about the dan connor to new england thing.. he is a MLB so it does work.... OSU just has him at OLB

You're such a big PSU fan and you said Connor plays at OSU? For shame, Demon, for shame.

TimD
08-24-2007, 11:21 PM

oh in that case good pick...

TimD
08-24-2007, 11:22 PM
You're such a big PSU fan and you said Connor plays at OSU? For shame, Demon, for shame.

the p key is next to the o key in case u didnt realize... common mistake

Sniper
08-24-2007, 11:42 PM
the p key is next to the o key in case u didnt realize... common mistake

There's no excuse for putting a rival on there! None! ;)

BigDawg819
08-25-2007, 01:24 AM
Chris Long to the Ravens is an outstanding call and I love it!

And there is no excuse for putting OSU as opposed to PSU, a true fan makes sure his team is spelled right!

Sniper
08-25-2007, 01:26 AM
Chris Long to the Ravens is an outstanding call and I love it!

And there is no excuse for putting OSU as opposed to PSU, a true fan makes sure his team is spelled right!

Thank you BigDawg for enforcing said Sports Rule.

BigDawg819
08-25-2007, 01:31 AM
Thank you BigDawg for enforcing said Sports Rule.

Not a problem but the fact that I had to come in and actually state it is troubling. Some things should just be common knowledge.......

Sniper
08-25-2007, 01:41 AM
Not a problem but the fact that I had to come in and actually state it is troubling. Some things should just be common knowledge.......

I am aware, which is why I called him out on it ;) But it's all good.

BigDawg819
08-25-2007, 01:44 AM
I am aware, which is why I called him out on it ;) But it's all good.

You may be aware, but apparently others are not......

21ST
08-25-2007, 10:25 AM
The redskins dont draft D-line on day one, a corner or wide reciver would be a much better choice for teh skins

23trufant
08-25-2007, 10:31 AM
TE is a need for Seahawks but I dont know if he is a 1st round player. What does everyone else think?

Mr. Stiller
08-25-2007, 11:08 AM
I don't see Frank Okam fitting into Pittsburgh.

Vikes99ej
08-25-2007, 11:50 AM
Andre Woodson pleeeeeeeeeeeeasee

etk
08-25-2007, 03:24 PM
If Calais Campbell and Glenn Dorsey are still on the board and we do not take them, I'll kill somebody.

*$&)(#&%@&_*_%*

thebow305
08-25-2007, 04:53 PM
god someone gotta be creative and make their own draft order Oakland at #1 selecting McFadden is so easy to predict.

I had them at 6 in mine.

thebow305
08-25-2007, 04:56 PM
TE is a need for Seahawks but I dont know if he is a 1st round player. What does everyone else think?

Not at this point. More of a second rounder right now. But he is very athletic because he is a former top prep reciever which also means he has very good hand. Now If he can just play up to his ability and become a little better blocker I can see him easily as the top tight end draft. But that is a BIG IF.

Yung Flippa
08-26-2007, 01:24 AM
Love the Ravens pick.

Caddy
08-26-2007, 11:05 AM
I think I just vomited in my mouth a little bit.

Finsfan79
08-29-2007, 08:43 AM
long or cambell for miami dumb pick for us :(

adschofield
09-08-2007, 10:57 AM
Bad Chiefs pick...Talib is a reach there, Baker or Jackson or Manningham makes sense there

Canadian_kid16
09-08-2007, 12:14 PM
Firstly Antrel Rolle, Pacman, and Carlos Rogers all went top 10 in the 2005 draft

Secondly, there is no way a cover 2 team would take a CB at #4 overall especially with Dorsey and Campbell available

true dat

I would prefer Dorsey or Long though, but Campbell works fine aswell

KCJ58
09-08-2007, 01:09 PM
Love the Rams pick

T-RICH49
09-27-2007, 10:10 AM
Bad Chiefs pick...Talib is a reach there, Baker or Jackson or Manningham makes sense there

yeah I'm a KU fan but 10 is way to high for us to get Talib.Baker SHOULD be the pick