PDA

View Full Version : Rivals 100 2004

HoopsDemon12
08-24-2007, 09:06 PM
Just looking back at this class there have been some absolutly amazing players... they were dead on with peterson as teh best player available as well... though smoe of these players have fallen completly off the map... enjoy and discuss

http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/viewrank.asp?ra_key=464

P-L
08-24-2007, 09:59 PM
I still would've loved to see Ginn stay at CB. He was a great weapon as a WR, but I think he could've been an unbelievable CB.

duckseason
08-24-2007, 10:08 PM
Man I remember how excited I was when I heard Colvin was coming to Oregon. I believe Jaison Williams was the 23rd ranked WR that year as well. If Colvin could just realize maybe half his potential this year, our passing game could be scary.

doingthisinsteadofwork
08-24-2007, 10:27 PM
Cal's only player on that list was Marshawn.We need to recruit better.

wiscbadgerfootball
08-24-2007, 10:35 PM
hehehe Rhett Bomar

duckseason
08-24-2007, 10:49 PM

Well, you guys did end up with Lavelle Hawkins. Also, I remember Phillip Mbakogu being pretty highly touted. Thought he was a top 50. Surprised he's not on there. I think Longshore compares favorably to a lot of the guys listed on here as well. And Forsett was just downright underrated. With Sekeli Faaeteete, that was a beastly RB class for you guys. Too bad he didn't pan out- not that you guys needed him though. And your '05 class was highly regarded as well iirc. In short, tell Tedford to back the hell off and let some of those kids come to Eugene!

reigle9
08-24-2007, 10:54 PM
Man I remember how excited I was when I heard Colvin was coming to Oregon. I believe Jaison Williams was the 23rd ranked WR that year as well. If Colvin could just realize maybe half his potential this year, our passing game could be scary.

I remember him from HS and he was a freak. What happened to him? Lazy, academics, or what?

duckseason
08-24-2007, 11:02 PM
I remember him from HS and he was a freak. What happened to him? Lazy, academics, or what?

Well he showed promise in his first 2 years here, and then suffered nagging injuries in '05 that continued the entire season and through '06. His hamstring/groin problems seem to have derailed his progress. I'm hoping he can remain fully healthy this year because he really does have a ton of talent. If we weren't so strong at the WR position over the past few years, he likely would have posted better numbers despite the injuries. As it is, he needs to be at or near 100% just to see the field, let alone start.

etk
08-24-2007, 11:24 PM
hehehe Rhett Bomar

Don't speak so fast...Josh McCown made quite a living coming from the football powerhouse that is Sam Houston State.

neko4
08-24-2007, 11:26 PM
Theodore Ginn Junior
Im gonna start calling him Theo Ginn

Sniper
08-24-2007, 11:29 PM
A few thoughts on this list...

Willie Williams, what happened?
Anthony Morelli #2 QB and #12 overall....hehehehehehehehehehehehehe
One of my favorite players from that class, Dwayne Jarrett at 44? Wow. They might have been a tad off on that one.
Dorsey at 47? Yeesh. Him and Favorite both from the same class, both really good DTs.

etk
08-24-2007, 11:37 PM
Willie Williams is still a great LB. He clashed with the coaches in Miami but should make a major impact this year after transferring to UL.

reigle9
08-25-2007, 12:04 AM
A few thoughts on this list...

Willie Williams, what happened?
Anthony Morelli #2 QB and #12 overall....hehehehehehehehehehehehehe
One of my favorite players from that class, Dwayne Jarrett at 44? Wow. They might have been a tad off on that one.
Dorsey at 47? Yeesh. Him and Favorite both from the same class, both really good DTs.

I knew I hated you.
Has WW aver played enough to become a "great" LB?
What is wrong with Jarrett at #44? It seems great.
Same with Dorsey.
These guys are doing a phenomenal job.

08-25-2007, 12:10 AM
the biggest steal on that whole list is brian brohm at #78..jus crazy!

Sniper
08-25-2007, 12:14 AM
I knew I hated you.
Has WW aver played enough to become a "great" LB?
What is wrong with Jarrett at #44? It seems great.
Same with Dorsey.
These guys are doing a phenomenal job.

I'm saying WW had all the potential in the world to be a great, GREAT linebacker.
Jarrett should have been much higher. The kid can play.
Dorsey should have obviously been much higher.

reigle9
08-25-2007, 12:38 AM
They're in HS man. I don't know what else to say.

Sniper
08-25-2007, 12:46 AM
They're in HS man. I don't know what else to say.

It's all hindsight, not a big deal. I'm not outraged over here. Always fun to look back at those lists a couple years later

critesy
08-25-2007, 01:03 AM

haha same with auburn.. only recruit was leon hart, a RT.

princefielder28
08-25-2007, 08:47 AM
the biggest steal on that whole list is brian brohm at #78..jus crazy!

How about Calvin Johnson???

gator3guy
08-25-2007, 11:34 AM
Anyone know what happened with:

Dwayne Jones
Webster Patrick
Nick Patton (wasnt he kicked off the team as a frosh?)

anyone know where they're at now?

reigle9
08-25-2007, 11:36 AM
Well he showed promise in his first 2 years here, and then suffered nagging injuries in '05 that continued the entire season and through '06. His hamstring/groin problems seem to have derailed his progress. I'm hoping he can remain fully healthy this year because he really does have a ton of talent. If we weren't so strong at the WR position over the past few years, he likely would have posted better numbers despite the injuries. As it is, he needs to be at or near 100% just to see the field, let alone start.

He's still there? That seems like a million years ago. If the injuries didn't screw up his athleticism, I'd hope he would get some PT.

HoopsDemon12
08-25-2007, 12:14 PM
Lawrence Timmons #61... this guy exploded his final year i guess eh.. who would of guessed he would have been drafted so high back then. And Calvin Johnson at 37 ... wow just proves these guys still need to grow into their bodies and playing ability.. they are still kids at first afterall

wiscbadgerfootball
08-25-2007, 01:16 PM
Don't speak so fast...Josh McCown made quite a living coming from the football powerhouse that is Sam Houston State.

I bet he doesn't make quite a living from it.

etk
08-25-2007, 03:06 PM
Lawrence Timmons #61... this guy exploded his final year i guess eh.. who would of guessed he would have been drafted so high back then. And Calvin Johnson at 37 ... wow just proves these guys still need to grow into their bodies and playing ability.. they are still kids at first afterall

It's hard to explode when you're playing behind Ernie Sims, AJ Nicholson, Buster Davis, etc. for years.

duckseason
08-25-2007, 04:11 PM
He's still there? That seems like a million years ago. If the injuries didn't screw up his athleticism, I'd hope he would get some PT.

Yeah, I just re-read that post and realized I misspoke. He showed promise his first two years here and then suffered the groin and hamstring problems all last year. My post makes it sound like he's already been here 4 years. I swear it seems like his injuries have lasted for two years now...I think it started at the end of '05. I guess I was making '05 into two seasons in my earlier post. My bad.

NittanyLion2k7
08-25-2007, 07:33 PM
Chris Patterson went to Junior College and his classes didnt transfer over to Oklahoma. He's at Kstate now and is listed as a backup at one of th LB spots.

Iamcanadian
08-27-2007, 11:14 AM
Interesting that 40% of the top 10 were busts. Just goes to show that Rivals cannot always pick correctly and judging recruiting success is questionable.