PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Name Damon Huard Starting QB

Splat
08-25-2007, 01:54 PM
Not that it really matters we are going to suck either way no OL.

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/story/247259.html

Damon Huard has won the Chiefs quarterback competition and will start the regular season opener Sept. 9 against the Texans in Houston.

Coach Herm Edwards seemed to be leaning toward starting Brodie Croyle. But Edwards apparently changed his mind after Croyle's disappointing play in Thursday night's pre season loss to New Orleans.

doingthisinsteadofwork
08-25-2007, 01:55 PM
Its only a matter of time before Croyle starts.

Splat
08-25-2007, 01:59 PM
With our OL we might see 3 or 4 different starting QB's I keep waiting for Herm to call up Vinny Testaverde it is bound to happen.

doingthisinsteadofwork
08-25-2007, 01:59 PM
I think Vinny is the thrid string QB for NE.

Splat
08-25-2007, 02:01 PM
I think Vinny is the thrid string QB for NE.

Give it time Herm will find a way there is got to be some 40 year old QB he can get his hands on.

Flyboy
08-25-2007, 02:02 PM
Croyle DID look bad against us on Thursday, but I fault that a lot to the horrid offensive line and blocking.

BrownsTown
08-25-2007, 02:04 PM
Isn't Huard injured?

Splat
08-25-2007, 02:06 PM
Isn't Huard injured?

Ya but they think he should be ready to go for the start of the season.

princefielder28
08-25-2007, 02:06 PM
They will still be picking top 3

BuckNaked
08-25-2007, 02:07 PM
Someone tell me how the Vikings are worse than the Chiefs.

Splat
08-25-2007, 02:07 PM

Your being to nice.

BrownsTown
08-25-2007, 02:08 PM
Your being to nice.

Yea man, be considerate. Top 5.

Splat
08-25-2007, 02:10 PM
I was going to say we pick first and I'm a huge Chiefs fans I have never seen us look this bad.

Crickett
08-25-2007, 02:14 PM
Croyle DID look bad against us on Thursday, but I fault that a lot to the horrid offensive line and blocking.

This is why for the Chiefs' sake, Brodie Croyle doesn't see the field this year. When the Chiefs drafted him, I thought it was a great pick. But the reason why I thought it was a great move was because they had Will Shields, Brian Waters and Willie Roaf. The way I saw it, the thing Brodie Croyle most needed to succeed was a great offensive line. If the Raiders drafted him, I would have thought of it as a terrible pick. If the Texans him, same thing. But Croyle wasn't selected by them, he was selected by the Chiefs. But that was then and the Chiefs don't have anything now resembling the offensive line they did then. Until they can get back to having a top tier OL, I don't think Croyle can succeed there.

CC.SD
08-25-2007, 02:22 PM

at the very least, the Vikes will be able to run and stop the run. They'll do fine.

Crickett
08-25-2007, 02:24 PM

Red > Purple.

It's all I got.

BrownsTown
08-25-2007, 02:26 PM
at the very least, the Vikes will be able to run and stop the run. They'll do fine.

Vikings will go how Tarvaris Jackson goes. They're a volatile team.

T-RICH49
08-25-2007, 02:27 PM

GOOD.I am praying for Jake Long.God knows this team needs a franchise LT

PalmerToCJ
08-25-2007, 02:34 PM
I could see the Chiefs going first, I mean the Bengals in the late 90's had one of the best RB's in the league and still managed to consistantly pick in the top 5-10. I think they're best off with Huard though, at least to start the year.

BrownsTown
08-25-2007, 02:35 PM
I could see the Chiefs going first, I mean the Bengals in the late 90's had one of the best RB's in the league and still managed to consistantly pick in the top 5-10. I think they're best off with Huard though, at least to start the year.

Didn't the Chargers pick first with LT a few years ago?

T-RICH49
08-25-2007, 02:41 PM

you mean the Eli Manning deal?

neko4
08-25-2007, 02:47 PM
No reason to thro Croyle, an injury prone QB, out on a team with a bad OL and lose confidence. Just call this year a rebuilding year chiefs, smart move

BrownsTown
08-25-2007, 02:49 PM
you mean the Eli Manning deal?

Yea, that year.

Crickett
08-25-2007, 02:56 PM
Yea, that year.

Even more, that was one of LT's best seasons statistically.

Twiddler
08-25-2007, 03:35 PM
Well then, it's still going to be a rough year...

CC.SD
08-25-2007, 03:38 PM

That year was a disaster for so many reasons unrelated to LT. He was a beast that year for us, something like 1600 yards plus 100 catches. This is with ZERO O-line, no passing game (Brees had no time, plus no receivers, plus he just wasn't all that good yet) and even Junior and Rodney were not looking good, along with the rest of the defense.

Definitely the worst team in the league, worthy of the number 1 slot. I don't think even the Chiefs O-line is as bad as ours was that year, and their defense is light years better.

Flyboy
08-25-2007, 03:50 PM

Yeah, sure did.

Xenos
08-25-2007, 04:28 PM
That year was a disaster for so many reasons unrelated to LT. He was a beast that year for us, something like 1600 yards plus 100 catches. This is with ZERO O-line, no passing game (Brees had no time, plus no receivers, plus he just wasn't all that good yet) and even Junior and Rodney were not looking good, along with the rest of the defense.

Definitely the worst team in the league, worthy of the number 1 slot. I don't think even the Chiefs O-line is as bad as ours was that year, and their defense is light years better.

Junior and Rodney were no longer with the team that year. I remember that year as being really horrible, made worse by the San Diego wild fire that year.

ks_perfection
08-25-2007, 06:15 PM
LT was part of the Vick deal. SD traded swapped down with Atlanta.

BrownsTown
08-25-2007, 06:43 PM
LT was part of the Vick deal. SD traded swapped down with Atlanta.

What? What I was saying was, they had LT and still finished worst. So I'm saying you can still have a very bad season even with one of the best RBs in the league.

CC.SD
08-25-2007, 06:59 PM
Junior and Rodney were no longer with the team that year. I remember that year as being really horrible, made worse by the San Diego wild fire that year.

yah Rodney was gone. Are you sure about Seau? I guess my memory really is beginning to fail me.

I guess I must be confusing the nightmare year of 2003 with the nut-crushing collapse of 2002.

Crickett
08-25-2007, 07:40 PM
yah Rodney was gone. Are you sure about Seau? I guess my memory really is beginning to fail me.

I guess I must be confusing the nightmare year of 2003 with the nut-crushing collapse of 2002.

Yep, Junior and Rodney were sent packing during the same off-season. The Chargers were attempting to get younger and faster (allegedly) on defense.

SeanTaylorRIP
08-25-2007, 08:02 PM
Croyle blows, good for Dame.

kmartin575
08-26-2007, 12:41 PM

And so will the Chiefs.

kmartin575
08-26-2007, 12:44 PM
This works out perfectly for the Chiefs. Our schedule to start the year is brutal:

@ Houston
@ Chicago
Minnesota
@ San Diego
Jacksonville
Cincinnati
@ Oakland

In none of those games should we be the clear cut favorite, besides possibly against Minnesota. Huard is going to get abused. Fans will be calling for his head. Then, Brodie Croyle can come off the bench and be the savior, regardless of how good or bad he does. The fans will already have seen what Huard can do and there will be no other option for the fans to cheer for.

Addict
08-26-2007, 12:49 PM
This works out perfectly for the Chiefs. Our schedule to start the year is brutal:

@ Houston
@ Chicago
Minnesota
@ San Diego
Jacksonville
Cincinnati
@ Oakland

that's three very winnable games.

BPhilb
08-26-2007, 12:54 PM

Very true, and I don't think the Chiefs are going to finish with a top 5 pick because of this. People forget how difficut it is to win in Arrowhead. We typcially pick up a win or two a year just from our home stadium, which is a problem sometimes because we look better than we really are. I bet we will pick in the 8 to 15 range, just far enough down to not get an elite player. The offense will look better when we start opening up the playbook, though overall we will not be that good.

kmartin575
08-26-2007, 02:32 PM

I don't know about @ Houston. Think about it:

-Damon Huard will have missed the last two preseason games and barely got any playing time in the first two
-LJ's first game back after missing all of preseason and all of training camp
-Damion McIntosh is likely out
-Jared Allen is out with a suspension
-Offensive line has not meshed yet

I really don't think the Chiefs are winning in week 1. I have recently come to the realization that they are not as good of a team as I once thought they were. That top 10 draft pick next year is going to be nice.

Addict
08-26-2007, 02:40 PM
I don't know about @ Houston. Think about it:

-Damon Huard will have missed the last two preseason games and barely got any playing time in the first two
-LJ's first game back after missing all of preseason and all of training camp
-Damion McIntosh is likely out
-Jared Allen is out with a suspension
-Offensive line has not meshed yet

I really don't think the Chiefs are winning in week 1. I have recently come to the realization that they are not as good of a team as I once thought they were. That top 10 draft pick next year is going to be nice.

they have no safeties, a QB with a grand 2 games of experience, a crappy O-line and Ahman Green is their nr.1 rusher. Not to mention they have a rookie starting at DT. Basically the only things you really need to worry about is André Johnson (but as I said, QB/OL...), DeMeco Ryans and Mario Williams.

I rest my case.