PDA

View Full Version : MLB Dynasty Draft: Spicy Burritos vs. Isotopes

BrownsTown
08-25-2007, 03:01 PM
Previous matchups: Lake County Captains def. Altoona Curve, 8-6

Vote on who would win a 5 game series in 2012.

New matchup will be posted when this poll closes.

San Juan Spicy Burritos (Eaglez.Fan)

Starters-
C- Yadier Molina (30)
1B- Justin Morneau (31)
2B- Aaron Hill (30)
SS- Jose Reyes (29)
3B- Alex Gordon (28)
LF- Reggie Willits (31)
CF- Cameron Maybin (25)
RF- Delmon Young (26)
DH- Jeremy Hermida (28)

Lineup-
Joe Reyes SS (29)
Reggie Willits LF (31)
Alex Gordon 3B (28)
Delmon Young RF (26)
Justin Morneau 1B (31)
Jeremy Hermida DH (28)
Cameron Maybin CF (25)
Aaron Hill 2B (30)
Yadier Molina C (30)

Bench-
Stephen Drew SS (29)
Carlos Quentin OF (29)
Andy Marte 3B (28)
Conor Jackson 1B (30)

Rotation-
SP- Johan Santana (33)
SP- Scott Kazmir (28)
SP- Francisco Liriano (28)
SP- Matt Cain (27)
SP- David Price (26)

Pen-
SU- Chad Cordero (30)
CL- Francisco Rodriguez (30)

-------

Albuquerque Isotopes (Im_a_Romosexual)

Lineup:
1. Hanley Ramirez SS
2. Joe Mauer C
3. Ryan Braun DH
4. Alex Rodriguez 3B
5. Adrian Gonzalez 1B
6. Jason Bay LF
7. Vernon Wells CF
8. Nick Markakis RF
9. Brandon Phillips 2B

Rotation:
1. Josh Beckett
2. Erik Bedard
3. Chris Young
4. Roy Oswalt
5. Tom Gorzellany
6. Rich Harden(spot Starter)

Bullpen:
CL- Jonathan Papelbon
SU- Chris Ray
LR- Rich Harden

Bench:
OF-Adam Jones
OF-Brad Hawpe
2B,3B,SS,OF- Bill Hall

Captains-
Joe Mauer
Ryan Braun

Eagles own the NFC East
08-25-2007, 03:01 PM
i say isotopes but wheres the poll?

Eaglez.Fan
08-25-2007, 03:03 PM
lol, the Burritos would destroy in 5 years. BTW this STARTS in 5 years.

Eagles own the NFC East
08-25-2007, 03:06 PM
its close but A-Rod still is going to be dominant in 5 years imo.

BrownsTown
08-25-2007, 03:06 PM
Sorry, my computer decided to be slow when I was trying to post the poll.

yo123
08-25-2007, 03:07 PM
Ill go Isotopes

Eaglez.Fan
08-25-2007, 03:10 PM
Lets get some people that actually know prospects here. Jeremy Hermida batting 9th shows the amazing depth. And a true baseball fan knows Hermida will be a very good player.

BrownsTown
08-25-2007, 03:12 PM
Lets get some people that actually know prospects here. Jeremy Hermida batting 9th shows the amazing depth. And a true baseball fan knows Hermida will be a very good player.

Hermida is batting 6th. According to you. And he's got a 30-30 threat batting 9th, I went with him.

thetedginnshow
08-25-2007, 04:13 PM
I actually don't think A-Rod will be even close to dominant in five years. He should still be a good player, but I see him slowing down considerably. And I would have said Bay and Wells would be almost useless in five years, but I noticed that there's some top prospects in the outfield on the bench, and in five years, they should be okay. So this was pretty close, but I'd go with the Burritos because of the pitching.

yo123
08-25-2007, 05:22 PM

Yeah Im sure discrediting the people who voted against you will do you a lot of good. We know who Jeremy Hermida is...your not presenting any breaking news when you tell us hes going to be good. Maybe we just think his team is better. I dont think that shows that we have any less knowledge about the game than you do. Get over yourself, if you lose you lose.

Eaglez.Fan
08-25-2007, 05:35 PM
Hahahahah, you just made my day. Get over yourself, I don't even care I'm just telling these people that my team is better, which it is. Nice try bud.

BrownsTown
08-25-2007, 05:41 PM
Hahahahah, you just made my day. Get over yourself, I don't even care I'm just telling these people that my team is better, which it is. Nice try bud.

Respect the other participants dude, I mean Steelers and I both felt we had the better team but we were both cool about it, why can't you do that?

yo123
08-25-2007, 05:44 PM

ummm what? I should get over myself? When your the one who just assumes the only reason that we didnt vote for you is that we dont know who your players are. \

Eaglez.Fan
08-25-2007, 05:45 PM
Respect the other participants dude, I mean Steelers and I both felt we had the better team but we were both cool about it, why can't you do that?

Respect the other participants.. Romo hasn't said one word and I'm pretty sure most of the posts came from people not in this draft.

Whatever, let the votes tell who is better.

yo123
08-25-2007, 05:46 PM

sorry for the double post but I didnt see this. Absolutely. I dont think I have ever seen anyone make as big a deal over this in a fantasy draft. If you have the best team, great, but if some people you dont, grow a pair and deal with it.

Eaglez.Fan
08-25-2007, 05:46 PM
ummm what? I should get over myself? When your the one who just assumes the only reason that we didnt vote for you is that we dont know who your players are. \

First of all you said get over yourself I was just saying how stupid of a comment that was. And I didn't say that you guys didn't know who they were, I said some people voting might not now the young prospects that aren't playing in the MLB currently.

yo123
08-25-2007, 05:49 PM
I believe your exact words were, "Lets get some people who actually knows prospects in here," which implies that the previous voters didnt. And yeah, I stand by the get over yourself comment, but Im done with this, its a fantasy draft, lets not make it anymore than it is.

yo123
08-25-2007, 05:50 PM
Haha and did you seriously neg rep me for that? Lol, alright, Im sorry I dont agree with you.

BrownsTown
08-25-2007, 05:51 PM
Ok, let's just drop it, it's no big deal.

Eaglez.Fan
08-25-2007, 05:52 PM
My team is mainly unproven guys who have a very good chance at becoming all-stars down the road. So far none of them have been busts. And I'd be shocked if any did. My pitching staff is better then his. I'm just wondering why these people are voting that way. That's all. Reasoning wouldn't hurt.

Eaglez.Fan
08-25-2007, 05:52 PM
hah your a joke.

lol 3 points down. DAMNIT

yo123
08-25-2007, 05:55 PM
hah your a joke.

lol 3 points down. DAMNIT

ok, can we stop the preteen namecalling now and drop it?

BrownsTown
08-25-2007, 06:01 PM
My team is mainly unproven guys who have a very good chance at becoming all-stars down the road. So far none of them have been busts. And I'd be shocked if any did. My pitching staff is better then his. I'm just wondering why these people are voting that way. That's all. Reasoning wouldn't hurt.

Ok. I'll give you a rational reason.

When I got through his lineup, I see good players from top to bottom, however going through yours, Yadier Molina has very bad hitting, and his 3 and 4 hitters are more proven. Gordon has struggled this year.

In the rotation, again he's more proven. Everyone in that rotation except for Gorzellany and Bedard who shouldn't have been passed up, and could possibly win the Cy Young. Beckett is having a great year, still young, and Chris Younng is having a great year. Not discouting your rotation, I'd call it a tie.

So we come to the bullpen. K-Rod vs. Papelbon is also pretty much a tie, Cordero is a bit better than Ray and Harden makes it close, but Eaglez takes the bullpen.

So we come to the bench, the tiebreaker. Marte and Drew are having bad years, and CoJax is okay, not great, but Hawpe and Jones are emerging this year, and Bill Hall is a very good player. So I'm going with Romo here.

Lineup - Romo
Rotation - Tie
Bullpen - Eaglez.Fan
Bench - Romo

Ok, there.

BrownsTown
08-25-2007, 06:02 PM

Ok. I'll give you a rational reason.

When I got through his lineup, I see good players from top to bottom, however going through yours, Yadier Molina has very bad hitting, and his 3 and 4 hitters are more proven. Gordon has struggled this year.

In the rotation, again he's more proven. Everyone in that rotation except for Gorzellany could possibly win the Cy Young. Beckett is having a great year, still young, and Chris Younng is having a great year. Not discouting your rotation, I'd call it a tie.

So we come to the bullpen. K-Rod vs. Papelbon is also pretty much a tie, Cordero is a bit better than Ray and Harden makes it close, but Eaglez takes the bullpen.

So we come to the bench, the tiebreaker. Marte and Drew are having bad years, and CoJax is okay, not great, but Hawpe and Jones are emerging this year, and Bill Hall is a very good player. So I'm going with Romo here.

Lineup - Romo
Rotation - Tie
Bullpen - Eaglez.Fan
Bench - Romo

Ok, there.

Eaglez.Fan
08-25-2007, 06:05 PM
Okay that's just a difference in opinion which is what this whole thing is. I think Marte will be a solid hitter and Drew will be a potential all-star. Guess that's your opinion.

BuckNaked
08-25-2007, 06:10 PM
I definitely agree with yo123 on this one. The other guys lineup is much better. His players at catcher and second base are much better. Mauer is light years ahead of Molina and Phillips is much better than Hill. And to the person who stated A-Rod won't be dominant in 5 years is ridiculous. He will remain one of the top hitters in baseball. Vernon Wells and Jason Bay will definitely not be useless. They'll only be 35, you guys are all playing age as too big of a factor. Eaglez.Fan, you were basically as much of an asshole as you could possibly be concerning people's opinions on the fantasy draft. There's a poll for a reason, so the people can choose which team they think is better, not to be harrassed by your constant bickering on how you think your team is superior to the other one and how you claim people don't know prospects if they have a differing opinion than yours.

Eaglez.Fan
08-25-2007, 06:19 PM
Aaron Hill is not much worse than Phillips. btw

Phillips obp is .322
Hill's is .310

Defense are pretty much the same. Tho Phillips is better, much is a stretch.

BuckNaked
08-25-2007, 06:21 PM
Aaron Hill is not much worse than Phillips. btw

Phillips obp is .322
Hill's is .310

Defense are pretty much the same. Tho Phillips is better, much is a stretch.

How about he has better stats in EVERY SINGLE offensive category. More HR's, 2B's, 3B's, R's, RBI's, SB's, higher AVG, OBP, SLG, OPS.

thetedginnshow
08-25-2007, 06:24 PM
I don't know about that. True, these may be fluke seasons for Bay and Wells, but if they are in fact already on the downfall, at 35, their defense won't mean as much and the rest will have at least deteriorated a bit. As for A-Rod, I guess that's more of a personal opinion, since I feel most players begin their decline at about 35. I didn't say he wouldn't be a great player, but I just wouldn't want people to think he'll be all too close to as good as he is now at that point. That's just how I see it anyway.

BuckNaked
08-25-2007, 06:36 PM
I don't know about that. True, these may be fluke seasons for Bay and Wells, but if they are in fact already on the downfall, at 35, their defense won't mean as much and the rest will have at least deteriorated a bit. As for A-Rod, I guess that's more of a personal opinion, since I feel most players begin their decline at about 35. I didn't say he wouldn't be a great player, but I just wouldn't want people to think he'll be all too close to as good as he is now at that point. That's just how I see it anyway.

I definitely don't believe their downfall for Bay and Wells begins at the age of 30. They are just having down years and they'll bounce back strong. in this day and age, 35 is most definitely not the age where most players decline. Alex Rodriguez will be 38 in five years. When Barry Bonds was 38 he jacked 73 home runs. I know, you can use the steroid argument but regardless he was still in peak physical condition. Even if you used that steroid argument, he still managed to hit .328 that year with .370 the following year. Steroids don't help you boost up your average that much. Factoring A-Rod's lack of an injury history, along with the durability and strength of his body, he will still be a fantastic player at that age.

thetedginnshow
08-25-2007, 06:39 PM
That's fine. I'm sure a lot of people believe that. I just don't personally see it, but I understand that position.

BrownsTown
08-25-2007, 06:40 PM
30 posts and only 7 votes. Odd.

Im_a_Romosexual
08-25-2007, 09:02 PM
btw Bay and Wells are 28 currently, so they would be 33 not 35

princefielder28
08-25-2007, 10:51 PM
Isotopes have chemistry

BrownsTown
08-26-2007, 04:21 PM
Ok, need a tiebreaker, next person to post who they think is better decides it.

BrownsTown
08-26-2007, 08:59 PM
Need another vote so we can move on, someone.

Im_a_Romosexual
08-26-2007, 08:59 PM
do I count :)

BrownsTown
08-26-2007, 09:02 PM
do I count :)

Only if you vote for Eaglez.Fan ;)

Im_a_Romosexual
08-26-2007, 09:03 PM
thats not gonna happen

Jensen
08-26-2007, 09:07 PM
I like Romo's team better. Any team that has Brandon Phillips batting 9th has to be a good team. I also agree with pretty much everything BrownsTown said in his post.

BrownsTown
08-26-2007, 10:01 PM
I like Romo's team better. Any team that has Brandon Phillips batting 9th has to be a good team. I also agree with pretty much everything BrownsTown said in his post.

Ok thanks. I'll post the next matchup tommorow.