PDA

View Full Version : Mock Attempt Number 2 (Hoopz)

HoopsDemon12
08-25-2007, 07:20 PM
Well this actualyl try three... cause i was half done this one and i lost all my info... so mad right now. But i took a short cut wiht my first mock and took scotts order, i made my own order and that took me longer than i expected.. went through the entire schedule and guessed how it would go.. kinda predicted it.. all the records. This is what i got... i didnt know much about the Cowboys or Lions.. i learned a bit so hopefully this one turns out a bit better. Feedback is apprieciated.

#1 Vikings - Andre Woodson QB Kentucky
I was thinking Brohm could go here but thought about the past scenario's liek this. Jamarcus/Quinn, Manning/Leaf... it seems the quarterback with the highest ceiling gets taken over the quarterback that is most NFL ready. Now Peyton went before Leaf... but look how that turned out. We will have to wait and see how the other one turns out

#2 Chiefs - Jake Long LT Michigan
The Chiefs need to address their line situation badly, long is the best offensive lineman in the draft IMO. Now im one of the people who belive he will be a right tackle sooner rather than later but he wil be a ten year starter in teh league regardless. A mauler who loves to dominate and punish his opponents.. love how he plays.

#3 Falcons - Brian Brohm QB Louisville
Petrino knows more than anyone if Brohm can be a starter in the league. So if he has an oppertunity at him i think he grabs it. With Vick being done and suspended this pick is only starting to make more sence. Although if petrino passes on Brohm... i could see a Brady Quinn/Aaron Rodgers esk fall in draft stock.

#4 Dolphins - Kenny Phillips S The U
The Doplhins safety situation is absolutly abismal. So what do they do, they take by FAR the best safety of the class and a local guy. When a player has been called a mix of Ed Reed and Sean Taylor adn he plays in your backyard... its a pick made in heaven. If he is available it would take a minute for the dolphins to get their selection to the commish.

#5 Packers - Darren McFadden RB Arkansas
It took me a long time to come up with the pick for the pack. I think no matter how Brandon Jackson does, if they have a shot at grabbing the top player on many teams boards... they do it. He fills a need that they have, corner is another need but its far to early to grab one. If McFadden falls this far the pack could trade down with a bunch of hungry teams fighting to grab him.

#6 Texans - Sam Baker LT USC
At this point the texans war room is crying and smashing their heads off the wall because the one player that could let fans forgive them for the previous draft... was taken before them. However this gives them a great oppertunity to address that horrid line that has plagued them since entering the NFL. Baker fits a need perfectly and can be trusted to protect Shaubs blindside. Bakers athletisism is also a perfect fit for Kubiaks zone blocking schemes.

#7 Cowboys (From the Browns) - Jack Ikegwuonu CB Wisconsin
This may be a little early but with a second pick in the first round the boys can address the runningback situation later. They snag the top corner in the draft IMO and solidfy that already menacing defence. Stewart and Slaton were thoughts here but they should be available later.

#8 Bills - Glen Dorsey DT LSU
The Bills have many needs, but to have the top DT in the draft fall to them at 8 i think they jump on it. Unless McCargo lives up to his billing then they have really no playmakers here. Other thoughts here were Desean Jackson, Dan Connor or Justin King. No matter who the bills take.. they are sitting pretty with this pick.

#9 Bucs - Justin King CB Penn State
The bucs keep adding young talent to that defence with the speedy playmaking King. With starting corners Barber and Kelly being 31 and 32 repectivly.. they will need to address this sooner or later. Desean Jackson is another thought as Galloway is getting old and Clayton hasnt been teh same player since his rookie season.

#10 Rams - Dan Connor OLB Penn State
They need playmakers on the definsive side of the ball badly, with this pick the get arguably one of the best linebacking prospects in the draft. Penn State has him playing MLB this year but he is better suited for outside linebacker in a 4-3 defence. He will imeadiatly improve their attrcious rush defence. And in a division with Deuce, Bush, Norwood, Dunn, DeAngelo and Foster.. that is definatly needed.

#11 Titans - DeSean Jackson WR Cal
If he falls this far this isnt a difficult pick to predict. Young needs more playmakers in his receiving core and Jackson is the best big play receiver of this group. A real threat to take it to the house whenever he touches the ball. Basically a way more polished as a receiver version of Dolphins pick Tedd Ginn.

#12 Raiders - Calias Campbell DE The U
I had this pick all written up as Mario Manningham... then i came back to it cause i had a feeling Al Davis couldnt pass over a physical freak like Campbell. Brayton just simply isnt that good... and with this addition it would help take some pressure off Burgess and make that defence even better.

#13 Redskins - Lawrence Jackson DE USC
They need defensive end help badly, they basically have no rush and its making some talented defensive backs look terrible. They finally realize that their defence wont be good again until they get a rush and draft an extremly good 4-3 end. He can get the quarterback and isnt to bad at defending the run either. He played and starred at USC, so you know he is good.

#14 Giants - Sedrick Ellis DT USC
The Giants arent really terrible here but they can upgrade big time. Ellis will help that run defence and also help open it up for Antonio Peirce to make more plays. CB and RB were other thoughts here but both can be addressed later in the draft. Especially at corner where they spent a first round pick last year on Aaron Ross.

#15 Jaguars - Derrick Harvey DE Florida
They have some good defensive lineman agaisnt the run, but pass rushing is still a sore spot. Harvey gives them a guy that once its one on one... its basically a sack. He wont receive many double teams either as they have two monsters of DT's manning the middle.

#16 Jets - Vernon Gholston DE/OLB OSU
He is a perfect fit for that 3-4 defence and can also play with his hand on the group as a 4-3 end if needed. He has a sick combination of speed and strength which makes him a terrific pass rusher. He gave premier tackle Jake Long one hell of a time last year. A playmaker that could make a Shawn Merriman esk kind of rookie impact.

#17 Patriots(Via Niners)- Brandon Flowers CD V-Tech
Originally i forgot they had the Niners pick so this was a little late getting up. He fills a need because the chances of them giving Samuel a new contract are slim, especially the size he is looking for.

#18 Lions - Rey Maualuga MLB USC
The Lions may still want to give Boss Bailey one more chance to be injury free before they lose all hope in him. That is the only thing that mad me pick Rey over his USC teamate Keith Rivers. Rey Brings a toughness and a hard hitting mentality to the defence. With him on board it gives the Lions a chance to have one of the best young linebacking cores in the league.

#19 Bengals - Keith Rivers OLB USC
With Pollacks football career looking unlikly to resume and Odell Thurman being suspended they need playmaker badly in the linebacking core. Brooks will be given a shot at MLB so Rivers fits a need as the OLB. he is a premier pass rusher and makes a lot of tackles. Him and Connor could be argued endlessly to be the top OLB prospects in this years draft.

#20 Panthers - Martellus Bennet TE Texas A&M
They have basically back-ups and NFL journeyman on the roster right now and thats not gonna hold up if you wanna be a succesfull team. Bennet gives them that receiving threat they have lascked in recent years and is a pretty good blocker. With no other glaring needs this could very well be the pick.

#21 Steelers - Quentin Groves DE/OLB Auburn
With Timmons playing ILB and Woodley playing OLB on the other side... Grooves fits one of the Steelers only needs. at 6'3 254lbs Grooves still manages to run a 4.4 40... im pretty sure that he would be a welcomed defensive player on any team. In this system he would be a front runner to win the defensive rookie of the year.

#22 Eagles - Adarius Bowman WR Oklahoma State
They have a good receiver in Reggie Brown and now they add a red zone threat in the big athletic Bowman. He is terrific at making tough catches over the middle and can be relied on in the clutch. His blocking abilty is also a plus.

#23 Seahawks - Jonathan Hefney FS Tennesee
They have old timer Deon Grant there right now, and they know he isnt the future at the position. Hefney gives them a chance to have their own Bob Sanders and he will be able to contribute right away as atleast a nickleback on third down situations.

#24 Broncos - Brian Cushing OLB USC
With DJ Williams being moved inside to replace the departured Al Wilson, this leaves the OLB spot wide open. Cushing has been public stating he is more comfortable playing OLB in a 4-3 rather than a 3-4 defence and his coaches agree. He would be an excellent fit as Denver attempts to rebuild their once great linebacking core.

#25 Bears - Xavier Adibi OLB V-Tech
The fast athletic Abidi is a good fit for the bears defence. Is a great playmaker and is a steal at this point in the draft. With no chance that Briggs resigns this is an easy choice.

#26 Ravens - Tommy Blake DE/OLB TCU
The new look 3-4 Ravens are drooling when they bring a talent like Blake into their camp. He is one of the best DE/OLB prospects in the entire draft. He can rush the passer and is very effective at stopping the run. The only thing that may make them hesitate is the fact that he left TCU for awhile because the pressure of having scouts at his practices was getting to him. He needs to get over that if he wants to play at the next level.

#27 Cardinals - Micheal Oher LG/LT Ole Miss
He has limitless upside and some of the best footwork of an offensive lineman in some time. Now they could use help at both gaurd and LT and he has the versatilty to help out imeadiatly at both. He has started at guard his two previous seasons so he has a ton of experience there.

#28 Niners (Via Colts) - Terrance Taylor NT Michigan
Possibly one of the strongest players in the country and seems to suit teh role of nose tackle perfectly. Reminds me of a stronger Casey Hampton and thats not a bad thing.

#29 Cowboys - Jonathan Stewart RB Oregon
The second best runningback prospect in this draft falls all the way to their second pick and the Boys are looking great after the first round. With the likely hood that Jones wont resign, this gives them great depth and a potential pro bowl player.

#30 Chargers - Vince Hall ILB V-Tech
The Bolts basically lost everyone last season they had that could play ILB decently. They realize their mistake in not getting someone in last season free agency and pull the trigger on strong athletic linebacker Vince Hall. He is good and controlling blockers and would be a great fit for that 3-4 defence.

#31 Saints - Malcolm Jenkins CB OSU
They didnt draft anyone last year to help their secondary and it will hurt them. Jenkins is one of many great corners in this years draft, he is a big guy at 6'1 202 and yet has teh speed to stick to smaller receviers. Will be an absolute stud in a couple years.

#32 Patriots - Jasper Brinkley ILB South Carolina
He is big and strong standing at 6'2 262. He is easily able to over power blockers and control them to make a play. He is always around the ball and will fit in great with the rest of that great defence. He has two great ILB's to learn from on the roster and this will help him come along quicker than most rookies in this class. the only question is whether he can handle Bills defensive schemes seemingly changing week to week.

Man_Of_Steel
08-25-2007, 07:25 PM
Groves isnt that great against the run to play in Pitt. If the Steelers do go that route of OLB I think they go Harvey, Gholston, Blake, Maualuga in that order.

BuckNaked
08-25-2007, 07:27 PM
Hate the fact that we have the #1 pick, but can't argue with Woodson.

DWilliams2IndyColts
08-25-2007, 07:43 PM
Pats have the niners pick.

neko4
08-25-2007, 08:07 PM
I kno McFadden is the next Bush, but i dont really care for him too much.

HoopsDemon12
08-25-2007, 08:09 PM
Pats have the niners pick.

oh **** they do thanks man i forgot about that

Don Vito
08-25-2007, 08:10 PM
The Pats do have the niners pick, but I love the Brinkley pick for NE. He is exactly what we need. A corner would be good for the pick that belongs to us from San Fran.

wiscbadgerfootball
08-25-2007, 08:12 PM
I would cry in joy if we got McFadden

bills_red
08-25-2007, 08:27 PM
Nice Bills pick

DChess
08-25-2007, 08:32 PM

more like the next LT if anything.

doingthisinsteadofwork
08-25-2007, 08:57 PM
Brayton doesnt play DE anymore and will probably be cut.
And Ryan seems to love both Moses and Richardson both rookies.

etk
08-25-2007, 10:08 PM

Huh & Huh?
more like the next LT if anything.

Where's -black with that .gif of Chapelle turning his head and squinting...

Very poor pick. I pray we don't pass on Calais Campbell & DeSean Jackson for a CB. Justin King is not top 10 material anyway, and he's not a Cover 2 CB either. I don't see him as a lock for declaring anyway so I don't know why he's in your mock.

KILLERSANTA
08-25-2007, 10:09 PM
Way Way Way better cowboy Mock...Good Job :)

Chucky
08-25-2007, 10:43 PM
Cant see the bucs passing on a top 3 talent like Calais at 9 for a CB who doesnt fit their system

princefielder28
08-25-2007, 10:49 PM
happy with the Packers' selection

skinzzfan25
08-25-2007, 11:10 PM
If Calais falls to 12, I'd be down the the Skins trading up one spot with the Raiders to get him

thebow305
08-26-2007, 12:36 AM
Jack Ikegwuonu would need a huge season to go that high IMO, i just don't see that happening though. Too many corners are better and more polished than him at this point. But hey, who knows, it's still a long time away.

Still love the Mia pick though!

DChess
08-26-2007, 01:38 AM
Huh & Huh?

Very poor pick. I pray we don't pass on Calais Campbell & DeSean Jackson for a CB. Justin King is not top 10 material anyway, and he's not a Cover 2 CB either. I don't see him as a lock for declaring anyway so I don't know why he's in your mock.

so you're disagreeing with my comparison to lt, because i cant think of any fine RB that is identical to lt

Crazy_Chris
08-26-2007, 04:03 AM
Andre Woodson ... nice pick

bearfan
08-26-2007, 07:32 AM
Bears have drafted LBs to replace Briggs in consecutive years. Like Briggs they arent the big name player right now, but they can come in and play solid. Jamar Williams has been playing w/ the #1 defense all preseason, and even though its just preseason, he has been playing extremly well. So OLB is not a need for the Bears.

Also, the Packers will not be picking at #5. Id say anywhere from 18-25 would be a reasonable range. Their defense was great last year, and if they get better w/ age (young defense) they should be top 10 defense. Their line has turned out good, and the only real Q is RB. So #5 is a bad position to put the packers

21ST
08-26-2007, 09:27 AM
Redskins dont draft DL on day one, give us a corner or WR and it looks good

skinzzfan25
08-26-2007, 09:47 AM
Redskins dont draft DL on day one, give us a corner or WR and it looks good

I have no idea where your going with this. Brandon Lloyd looks to have more hustle this year, hopefully he will pan out. El is already just what we need for a slot receiver, and Santana is just fine.

Wynn and Daniels are old as hell, they need to be replaced. Calais Campbell is the next 'Peppers-esque" type of player. The only way I see us drafting a corner is if Springs leaves this year, and Rogers doesn't step his game up.

Andre Carter has been getting good rushes off the edge, and Calais would compliment him very well.

etk
08-26-2007, 10:41 AM
so you're disagreeing with my comparison to lt, because i cant think of any fine RB that is identical to lt

McFadden is nothing like LT. It's as simple as that.

doingthisinsteadofwork
08-26-2007, 11:15 AM
Well both McFadden and LT can run,catch,and throw for TDs.so.......

HoopsDemon12
08-26-2007, 11:18 AM
I fixed the Pats other pick and i think its a good pick...

as with the bucs... i just couldnt see them taking another defensive end... but i wouldnt be surprised if they did take him. its a pre season mock for a reason... we all have no idea how this season will turn out

Thanks for the input again guys cause this one took me a long time... especailyl making my own order.. the way i did it took me like an hour a half

TACKLE
08-26-2007, 11:51 AM
Not trying to be a homer but no way Calais falls to all the way to the 12th spot. If he declares, he will be one of the top 3 players in the draft. All in all a solid mock.

HoopsDemon12
08-26-2007, 12:05 PM
Huh & Huh?

because its preseason mock draft... we actualyl dont know if any of these guys are locks to come out... besides McFadden who has said he will... that may even change... if i did a draft of guys i know would be in here.. techinically it would be all seniors... so i dont see where you get off with that statement personally

etk
08-26-2007, 12:30 PM
because its preseason mock draft... we actualyl dont know if any of these guys are locks to come out... besides McFadden who has said he will... that may even change... if i did a draft of guys i know would be in here.. techinically it would be all seniors... so i dont see where you get off with that statement personally

Usually the only underclassmen that are in preseason mocks are the guys who are almost guaranteed top 20 picks. Justin King is not that kind of elite prospect yet, you only have him here because you're a PSU fan.

HoopsDemon12
08-26-2007, 12:34 PM
Usually the only underclassmen that are in preseason mocks are the guys who are almost guaranteed top 20 picks. Justin King is not that kind of elite prospect yet, you only have him here because you're a PSU fan.

Im basically a Connor and Poz fan.. once he is gone i wont be a fan either. I had him there because i think he is the second best corner available, and he has speed which is something both of their corners are lacking now. I understand where you are coming from but i dont take into consideration what school they go to in my mocks. I think he iwll blow up.. same with jack.. i mean i have him at number 5... that was a tuff pick for me because i dont know which way they would go

49ers169
08-26-2007, 12:51 PM
Umm the Colts don't have a first round pick. They traded it to the 49ers to get Tony Ugoh. So as far as the 49ers go I would give them a nose tackle in the future. My favorite, although doubtful he comes out, would be Marlon Favorite from LSU or Tyson Jackson from LSU. A wide receiver I would like to see would be Limas Sweed. Although not sure you are doing juniors.

HoopsDemon12
08-26-2007, 01:05 PM
Umm the Colts don't have a first round pick. They traded it to the 49ers to get Tony Ugoh. So as far as the 49ers go I would give them a nose tackle in the future. My favorite, although doubtful he comes out, would be Marlon Favorite from LSU or Tyson Jackson from LSU. A wide receiver I would like to see would be Limas Sweed. Although not sure you are doing juniors.

I fixed er for ya.. thanks .. thats the thing about making my own order.. i forget who has who's pick when i actually do the mock. And yes im doing Juniors...

draftguru151
08-26-2007, 01:37 PM

King is as good of a prospect as any other CB that could be in next year's draft. I don't like him to Tampa because he is much more of a man CB, but complaining about him being in a mock doesn't make much sense.

Crickett
08-26-2007, 01:58 PM
Not trying to be a homer but no way Calais falls to all the way to the 12th spot. If he declares, he will be one of the top 3 players in the draft. All in all a solid mock.

There is no way to know who is going to fall before the college football season. There have been lots of people who would surely go in the top five only to fall to the Cardinals at 10 or New England Patriots at 21 or Green Bay at 25.

iloxygenil
08-26-2007, 01:59 PM
I know the Falcons need a QB but if we're picking this high and McFadden is on the board...chalk up another Razorback for the Falcons. I LOVE Jerious but we need 2 backs, and McFadden allows Petrino to have a physical runner to go with Jerious.

Mr. Stiller
08-26-2007, 02:49 PM

Quentin Moses

Addict
08-26-2007, 03:22 PM
lions have the 18th pick? I think you're overrating the team a bit. Still, I'd be happy with Rey Malemodeluga

HoopsDemon12
08-26-2007, 03:24 PM
lions have the 18th pick? I think you're overrating the team a bit. Still, I'd be happy with Rey Malemodeluga

i went through the entire schedule.. and like put k there 1-0 and now 0-1.. for hte whole year... i took into account last year and the saddticions made this year.. the lions passing game will win tehm some games in my mind against teams with crappy pass defence

Addict
08-26-2007, 03:25 PM
i went through the entire schedule.. and like put k there 1-0 and now 0-1.. for hte whole year... i took into account last year and the saddticions made this year.. the lions passing game will win tehm some games in my mind against teams with crappy pass defence

Well the offense is better but... gosh our pass D will get killed every time a QB takes a snap.

HoopsDemon12
08-26-2007, 03:30 PM
Well the offense is better but... gosh our pass D will get killed every time a QB takes a snap.

well ya.. its the pre season though eh anyhting can happen.. i mean look where Zona picks haha

Addict
08-26-2007, 03:35 PM
well ya.. its the pre season though eh anyhting can happen.. i mean look where Zona picks haha

lol, yeah okay.

draftguru151
08-26-2007, 03:50 PM
Quentin Moses

If Campbell has a Moses like year, guess what, he won't come out. Perks of being an underclassman. Campbell might not go in the top 10, but bringing up Moses in the case of a underclassman really doesn't make sense.

Don Vito
08-26-2007, 04:48 PM
The Flowers pick is great for NE, we need CB help. The Brinkley pick is great as well. It looks like we have a good shot at having Asante back now, but we need CB help regargdless. Good mock.

MNRunLeft
08-26-2007, 09:55 PM
If Minnesota ends up with the worst record (which I highly doubt they will considering they have a real shot at starting 4-0) I would assume they trade out of the spot. I don't think Woodson will be ranked their top player in the draft and with a good number of solid QB's I wouldn't be suprised to see them look at Long or Campbell but first and for most moving out of the #1 spot.

Personally I think you have Tennessee, Cleveland and Detroit way to high.

HoopsDemon12
08-26-2007, 10:00 PM
If Minnesota ends up with the worst record (which I highly doubt they will considering they have a real shot at starting 4-0) I would assume they trade out of the spot. I don't think Woodson will be ranked their top player in the draft and with a good number of solid QB's I wouldn't be suprised to see them look at Long or Campbell but first and for most moving out of the #1 spot.

Personally I think you have Tennessee, Cleveland and Detroit way to high.

what about the picks? its impossible to predict records really anyhting could happen... no point in argueing them really...

Mr. Stiller
08-26-2007, 10:04 PM
If Campbell has a Moses like year, guess what, he won't come out. Perks of being an underclassman. Campbell might not go in the top 10, but bringing up Moses in the case of a underclassman really doesn't make sense.

True, but The comment I responded to said There's no way he doesn't go top 10.

Perhaps Winston Justice is a better example? (Jr. everyone thought was a top 10 lock and fell)

etk
08-27-2007, 11:03 AM
Im basically a Connor and Poz fan.. once he is gone i wont be a fan either. I had him there because i think he is the second best corner available, and he has speed which is something both of their corners are lacking now. I understand where you are coming from but i dont take into consideration what school they go to in my mocks. I think he iwll blow up.. same with jack.. i mean i have him at number 5... that was a tuff pick for me because i dont know which way they would go

Do you have any understanding of the Cover 2 defense? We don't need speed at
Corner, otherwise Phillip Buchanon would be our #1 guy. We need guys who are physical and understand offenses well, not speedsters. You don't need 4.3 speed to run 5-10 yards.

HoopsDemon12
08-27-2007, 02:13 PM
Do you have any understanding of the Cover 2 defense? We don't need speed at
Corner, otherwise Phillip Buchanon would be our #1 guy. We need guys who are physical and understand offenses well, not speedsters. You don't need 4.3 speed to run 5-10 yards.

I know that.. but the only guy i can really think of that is decently physical is Antione Cason... and i dont really think he is that good.. i have every junior corner above him... Would Dwight Lowery fit the bill a little better?

Finsfan79
08-29-2007, 08:30 AM
#4 Dolphins - Kenny Phillips S The U
The Doplhins safety situation is absolutly abismal. So what do they do, they take by FAR the best safety of the class and a local guy. When a player has been called a mix of Ed Reed and Sean Taylor adn he plays in your backyard... its a pick made in heaven. If he is available it would take a minute for the dolphins to get their selection to the commish.

If we are picking number 4 then our offense just sucks plain and simple. If so then Ronnie Brown would be a bust. So Pretty simplely give us McFadden or Calais Campbell there

Crow
08-29-2007, 08:35 AM
#12 Raiders - Calias Campbell DE The U
I had this pick all written up as Mario Manningham... then i came back to it cause i had a feeling Al Davis couldnt pass over a physical freak like Campbell. Brayton just simply isnt that good... and with this addition it would help take some pressure off Burgess and make that defence even better.
I don't know that Brayton will get cut. I think we're still thin enough at DT that he has a shot as a nickle guy.

From a value standpoint, this is a good pick. But like dtiow says, the team seems to be extremely high on our two rookie DEs.

d34ng3l021
09-02-2007, 02:44 AM
Great pick for the Falcons, but I dont see us ending up with the 3rd overall pick.

Sniper
09-02-2007, 07:25 AM
#22 Eagles - Adarius Bowman WR Oklahoma State
They have a good receiver in Reggie Brown and now they add a red zone threat in the big athletic Bowman. He is terrific at making tough catches over the middle and can be relied on in the clutch. His blocking abilty is also a plus.

I really don't think the Eagles go wideout in the first round. They're really high on Hank Baskett as a red zone threat and he's a pretty good blocker. Avant is the starting slot receiver right now. He's got average wheels but amazing hands and is a good route-runner. Plus, we know how much the Eagles value wideouts in the first. I do like the pick, but it won't happen for why I mentioned.

Possible picks include...

Brian Cushing
Xavier Adibi
Vince Hall
Malcolm Jenkins
DaJuan Tribble

HoopsDemon12
09-02-2007, 02:18 PM

haha well now with moses cut that is only one rookie left he loves... if he does nto so well this season this pick could be more plosible

T-RICH49
09-03-2007, 11:19 AM
Awesome Chiefs Pick!!!