30) San Diego Chargers ~ Jonathan Zenon, CB, Louisiana State
31) Indianapolis Colts ~ Trae Williams, CB, South Florida
32) New England Patriots ~ Mike Hart, RB, Michigan

thebow305
08-27-2007, 11:29 AM
There you go! Beautiful draft!

Vikes99ej
08-27-2007, 11:31 AM
Again, give us a QB. We have enough WRs. We can't keep drafting wideouts. If we are to improve the corps immediately, then we need to sign a high-profile free agent.

Mr. Stiller
08-27-2007, 11:36 AM
Again, give us a QB. We have enough WRs. We can't keep drafting wideouts. If we are to improve the corps immediately, then we need to sign a high-profile free agent.

I think Tavaris was a reach, but giving up on him this quick is a waste. I know you have drafted Rice, and Allison.

I figured Jackson would be the best help to Tavaris.

Vikes99ej
08-27-2007, 12:49 PM
I think Tavaris was a reach, but giving up on him this quick is a waste. I know you have drafted Rice, and Allison.

I figured Jackson would be the best help to Tavaris.

I think if Tarvaris stumbles this year, we going to give up on him. Our progress as a team relies heavily on Jackson's success this year, and if he does terrible, odds are we probably didn't make the playoffs. Another 6-10 or worse year will also mean Childress will likely be gone, and I think a new head coach is going to want a new franchise QB to build his team around.

23trufant
08-27-2007, 01:05 PM
Not a Bills fan but I love their draft.

Mr. Stiller
08-27-2007, 01:07 PM
I think if Tarvaris stumbles this year, we going to give up on him. Our progress as a team relies heavily on Jackson's success this year, and if he does terrible, odds are we probably didn't make the playoffs. Another 6-10 or worse year will also mean Childress will likely be gone, and I think a new head coach is going to want a new franchise QB to build his team around.

Thats possible, and it's a little early to say that.

Though you should be happy.. other than draft Location I'm putting some faith in the Vikings. I would've ranked you guys later in the draft, But I just used Scotts to avoid trouble.

PalmerToCJ
08-27-2007, 01:33 PM
If Ellis is a UT I dig the pick, we need fresh blood there. I will say I'm not sure Marvin will take a DT early, never seems to be willing and I think he'll have more interest in a LB early.

For it being this early and given our needs I like it.

Vikes99ej
08-27-2007, 01:36 PM
Thats possible, and it's a little early to say that.

Though you should be happy.. other than draft Location I'm putting some faith in the Vikings. I would've ranked you guys later in the draft, But I just used Scotts to avoid trouble.

I'm not making early judgements; I'm just making predictions based on how he's performed during this preseason.

Mr. Stiller
08-27-2007, 01:48 PM
If Ellis is a UT I dig the pick, we need fresh blood there. I will say I'm not sure Marvin will take a DT early, never seems to be willing and I think he'll have more interest in a LB early.

For it being this early and given our needs I like it.

I thought the same about Ellis as a NT, but as it Turns out, he is a penetrator and will be a UT in your scheme.

As for LB.. I don't know why, What good are the Lb's if they're manhandled because your DL doesn't leave them open to make plays.

I can see Marvin doing that.. But this was done under the assumption you'd likely have Pollack and Odell back.

KCJ58
08-27-2007, 02:06 PM
i like the Ram picks

Vikes99ej
08-27-2007, 02:15 PM
I don't really like our second round pick, either. If we were to get a DT in next year's draft, I'd like a smaller, quicker DT like Demario Pressley.

Mr. Stiller
08-27-2007, 02:22 PM
I don't really like our second round pick, either. If we were to get a DT in next year's draft, I'd like a smaller, quicker DT like Demario Pressley.

I figured if it ain't broke don't fix it.. get a big Mammoth to take over for Pat.

Hurricane Ditka
08-27-2007, 02:38 PM
A DT is not the Bears near future, after the Darwin Walker trade, it's easily one of our deepest positions.

Mr. Stiller
08-27-2007, 02:54 PM
A DT is not the Bears near future, after the Darwin Walker trade, it's easily one of our deepest positions.

My bad. I forgot about the trade. I'm guessing OL?

PalmerToCJ
08-27-2007, 03:01 PM
I thought the same about Ellis as a NT, but as it Turns out, he is a penetrator and will be a UT in your scheme.

As for LB.. I don't know why, What good are the Lb's if they're manhandled because your DL doesn't leave them open to make plays.

I can see Marvin doing that.. But this was done under the assumption you'd likely have Pollack and Odell back.

Yeah I wasn't even thinking about Odell/Pollack but at this point I'm just assuming they're not in our future... Anything else is a plus.

The reason for LB is that Landon Johnson will be a UFA and there's basically no one behind him at WLB. If he doesn't leave then I'm hoping our LB core will be fine but I don't see us sticking with him, he's exceptionaly average... We need a playmaker.

We're fine at 1 DE spot with Geathers and one DT spot with Peko. Smith should be gone, I think we could run a Rucker/Pollack combo to replace Smith or maybe even draft one. We have dinosaurs at UT, so either we go that route via FA or draft one at some point. Marvin is pretty good at finding day 2 talent on the DL (Geathers/Peko).

LionSmack
08-27-2007, 03:19 PM
Guard in the second round? Doubt it. Especially with LB and DE options available.

TitanHope
08-27-2007, 04:10 PM
You not an Early Doucet fan, or are you predicting him blowing out both knees this season? ;)

I only say that because you have the Titans taking Adarius Bowman at #12. Do you think Bowman is a Top 15 pick and the #2 WR in the draft? I have a big, unexplained man crush on Bowman, so I'm not gonna argue. Just pointing it out. Plus, if we do take a WR, it'll probably be Limas Sweed. Not that he's the next best WR, but because he's from Texas. The Titans FO seems to have an affination for Longhorns...

Also, for our 2nd round pick. Philip Wheeler is an OLB, which is a position we would only need depth at, since we have two great starters in already. If you want to give us a MLB, since that might be a need next year, give us Goff, which would be my preferrence, or Vince Hall.

Another big need is DT and possibly DE, if that helps.

TimD
08-27-2007, 04:22 PM
i like the jets picks...

scar988
08-27-2007, 04:52 PM
again,

Colt Brennan ? UNFORGIVABLE! not even close to being worth a top 32 pick in the draft, let alone #13. we would get OT Gosder Cherilus here. in terms of being a pro prospect Colt has a few things against him. his age (25 at the start of the 2008 season) and his character problem that led him going to Hawaii instead of Colorado and the reason why he is in the 2008 draft to begin with. He isn't worth a first round pick. He will be a 2nd rounder no doubt, but just doesn't have the pro potential for a first rounder.
Dunlap is good.
instead of Grimes, cause we don't need a G this early, give us QB John David Booty

Don Vito
08-27-2007, 05:19 PM
With Maualuga, Lowery, and Hart you have made one of the best mocks yet for the Pats. Great job. Our top 3 needs were addressed.

BuckNaked
08-27-2007, 05:28 PM
Definitely don't like Desean Jackson at 3 for us.

neko4
08-27-2007, 05:53 PM
Martin Rucker is a great pick

JETS5128
08-27-2007, 09:06 PM
I like cherilus, but if we pass on gholston i would be in tears

Scotty D
08-27-2007, 09:18 PM
Love Kenny Phillips. We need playmakers in the secondary.

PoopSandwich
08-27-2007, 09:53 PM
I doubt Oakland would pass on Darren

terribletowel39
08-27-2007, 10:55 PM
I doubt Oakland would pass on Darren
in response to your sig, are you ready??

Mr. Stiller
08-28-2007, 08:57 AM
You not an Early Doucet fan, or are you predicting him blowing out both knees this season? ;)

I only say that because you have the Titans taking Adarius Bowman at #12. Do you think Bowman is a Top 15 pick and the #2 WR in the draft? I have a big, unexplained man crush on Bowman, so I'm not gonna argue. Just pointing it out. Plus, if we do take a WR, it'll probably be Limas Sweed. Not that he's the next best WR, but because he's from Texas. The Titans FO seems to have an affination for Longhorns...

Also, for our 2nd round pick. Philip Wheeler is an OLB, which is a position we would only need depth at, since we have two great starters in already. If you want to give us a MLB, since that might be a need next year, give us Goff, which would be my preferrence, or Vince Hall.

Another big need is DT and possibly DE, if that helps.

It could've been Limas Sweed. I just figured a big 6'4+ Target would be perfect to work with Vince. I know he knows Sweed, but personally I think Adarius is the way better receiver. He's going to make some team very very happy.

PoopSandwich
08-28-2007, 02:46 PM
in response to your sig, are you ready??

For the season, I can't wait you have no idea (well maybe you do, but I REALLY CANT WAIT.)

terribletowel39
08-28-2007, 02:56 PM
For the season, I can't wait you have no idea (well maybe you do, but I REALLY CANT WAIT.)

i have an idea. steelers in the dawg pound. should be interesting to see who starts at QB for you guys. i hope (steelers fan here) it is Frye. he always seems to get rattled when playing us. :D

Paul
08-28-2007, 03:05 PM
Pssshh.. D-Mac and Talib. Beautiful.

KCJ58
08-28-2007, 03:07 PM
i say Atlanta would take Andre over Colt

TitanHope
08-28-2007, 03:54 PM
It could've been Limas Sweed. I just figured a big 6'4+ Target would be perfect to work with Vince. I know he knows Sweed, but personally I think Adarius is the way better receiver. He's going to make some team very very happy.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Sweed 6'5? Not that it matters. I still like Bowman better.

terribletowel39
08-28-2007, 04:38 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Sweed 6'5? Not that it matters. I still like Bowman better.
i think he was just saying in general a 6'4 or taller WR is what the Titans need. yes Sweed is 6'5. and believe me you want him over Bowman. for 2 obvious reasons. he has more talent than Bowman and Young already has rapport with Sweed.

TitanHope
08-28-2007, 04:58 PM
I think Bowman is more athletic than Sweed, but I don't know enough about their route running or catching abilities to make a comparison. Though, the name "Adarius Bowman" just rolls off the tongue like butta'! As opposed to "Limas Sweed"...

As for their sizes, I can agree. Now that Drew Bennett is gone, we don't have any WR's, aside from Justin Gage, who's over 6'2. So a endzone threat would be nice, but I'm thinking a deepthreat or a burner is more valuable. Having a Desean Jackson-type receiver can open things up for Young's running abilities and just the run game in general. If Bowman can run a 4.45-4.50, though, then I think he brings the best stuff all around.

terribletowel39
08-28-2007, 05:07 PM
just watch some YouTube tapes back to back and then make your decision. Sweed is a beast. and Limas Sweed, maybe cuz i got some country in me, but that is a bad ass name i don't know what you are talking about.

LTgiants
08-28-2007, 05:35 PM
the giants picking a de?

TitanHope
08-28-2007, 05:51 PM
just watch some YouTube tapes back to back and then make your decision. Sweed is a beast. and Limas Sweed, maybe cuz i got some country in me, but that is a bad ass name i don't know what you are talking about.

The Titans QB is Vince Young, so I've seen the YouTube vidoes. They're both good WR's, I just like Bowman more. Are you sure you're not just being a homer? ;)

terribletowel39
08-28-2007, 06:13 PM
The Titans QB is Vince Young, so I've seen the YouTube vidoes. They're both good WR's, I just like Bowman more. Are you sure you're not just being a homer? ;)
hell yea i'm sure. i can't stand texas. i just am forced to watch a lot of them. finish reading the location. LSU baby all the way!!!

PoopSandwich
08-28-2007, 06:31 PM
i have an idea. steelers in the dawg pound. should be interesting to see who starts at QB for you guys. i hope (steelers fan here) it is Frye. he always seems to get rattled when playing us. :D

I'm gonna be in the dawg pound, Steelers fans are not welcome :)

terribletowel39
08-28-2007, 06:40 PM
I'm gonna be in the dawg pound, Steelers fans are not welcome :)
blah you know it will be close to us taking over that stadium!! thats how it is everywhere the steelers play!! we are everywhere!! MUAHAUAHAUAHAHAHA!!!!

TitanHope
08-28-2007, 06:51 PM
hell yea i'm sure. i can't stand texas. i just am forced to watch a lot of them. finish reading the location. LSU baby all the way!!!

Ah, I see. So why no argument for Early Doucet?

terribletowel39
08-28-2007, 06:55 PM
cuz we were talking about 6'4+ WR. as for as total package. early is it, you can call that homer, whatever. but from camp he is the best player on LSU's whole team. and they have a guy on the team by the name of Dorsey, they are also gonna have a scary, let me reiterate that, SCARY D this year. watch out. John David Booty gonna regret he left the state when we play them in the National Championship game. haha

DChess
08-28-2007, 06:58 PM
right before this im like i kinda like mr.stiller, hes a solid poster. then i saw we were getting the 5th pick, which isnt out of the question, but the fact we could have mcfadden, it makes me wanna punch a baby

Dawg4L21
08-28-2007, 07:50 PM
great browns pick! give us a DL or RB/WR if a really good one falls

draftguru151
08-28-2007, 08:18 PM
What's your reasoning for having the Raiders taking Campbell over McFadden.

neko4
08-28-2007, 08:22 PM

I figure the reason for not taking McFadden is that they have Jordan, Bush, and Rhodes, but taking Campbell doesnt fill a real big need does it?

DChess

im sure theres alot of reasons. one, rb's usually dont go number one, and im not sure we will see one in a while. second, they have two guys under contract in rhodes and jordan, who might be a nice one two combo. third, DE is a much more important postion the rb, you should really only take a CB, DE, or QB with the first pick. its also not out of the question when just two years ago, a team passed on the number one ranked player, a rb, for a DE. so dg im pretty sure he has tons of reasons

DChess
I figure the reason for not taking McFadden is that they have Jordan, Bush, and Rhodes, but taking Campbell doesnt fill a real big need does it?

the only need the raiders dont have is QB, everything else can be upgraded, although they do have a solid secondary, but there are still some holes there

doingthisinsteadofwork
08-28-2007, 09:24 PM
Bush will probably go on the IR.Jordan doesnt fit our scheme and we could save money from cutting him after this season and Rhodes is a backup at best.

DChess
08-28-2007, 09:27 PM
i pwned DG, hes scared to come back into the thread

draftguru151
08-28-2007, 09:35 PM
I actually wanted to know why Stiller had it, didn't care about your opinion enough to respond. :p

Also, the Texans took a DE #1 because they had a need there and not at RB or QB, as well as Williams being an equal to if not better prospect than Bush. Raiders need a RB just as much if not more so than a DE and Campbell isn't on McFadden's level as a prospect at this point.

DChess
08-28-2007, 09:52 PM
I actually wanted to know why Stiller had it, didn't care about your opinion enough to respond. :p

Also, the Texans took a DE #1 because they had a need there and not at RB or QB, as well as Williams being an equal to if not better prospect than Bush. Raiders need a RB just as much if not more so than a DE and Campbell isn't on McFadden's level as a prospect at this point.

yes at this point, but theres alot that can chnage from here till next year, i also believe that the raiders RB's will have a decent season behind a dismal OL. I really like rhodes, i liked him alot more 4 years ago, or whenever he filled in for edge and got that 1000 yd season. also i think campbell will blow up at his pro day, and be a top 3 pick, but thats a long ways awayyyyyyy.

also i wasnt saying what he did was right, i was just saying some reasons on why he would do something like that

also i would be at 5 bars if it wasnt for your chode ass

draftguru151
08-28-2007, 09:56 PM
That's why I asked him and not you, I wanted to know his reasons for it. :p

Campbell should have some very impressive numbers (vert, SS) but his 4.8 40 isn't going to excite a lot of people.

For the RBs for the Raiders, Jordan will likely be gone, Rhodes isn't a franchise back and only signed for 2 years anyway, and I sure wouldn't pass on a player like McFadden because of Michael Bush.

And if you keep talking with all that sass you'll never get that 5th bar.

DChess
08-28-2007, 09:59 PM

Campbell should have some very impressive numbers (vert, SS) but his 4.8 40 isn't going to excite a lot of people.

For the RBs for the Raiders, Jordan will likely be gone, Rhodes isn't a franchise back and only signed for 2 years anyway, and I sure wouldn't pass on a player like McFadden because of Michael Bush.

dont talk to me like that..........gutter ****

Mr. Stiller
08-28-2007, 10:06 PM

First off I said round 1 was alternating between Brownstown and Myself.

He was odds, I was Evens. So Thats The Calais Reason... It's not that unheard of either. I know Calais isn't the "Mario Williams" and McFadden will likely be better than Bush, But someone could make an argument that a top tier weakside pass rusher is harder to find (Someone of Calais Skill at DE) than to find a top tier RB... ...

You have LJ, SJax, Gore, Peterson in recent years.. Mario Williams was the one DE that had size, speed and raw talent.. Campbell is better than Gaines who went #4 last year..

So an argument could be made that they believe they need to upgrade their WDE position before RB... Which they do have Jordan, Rhodes, Fargas and Bush.

I know that Jordan won't likely be around long and the likes.. but there should still be some good RB's in round 2-3 if they still want one.

Crow
08-29-2007, 08:22 AM
In case nobody's noticed, the Raiders' OL isn't as bad as they looked a year ago. They actually have an NFL caliber line coach and are already blocking 100x better in both the rushing and passing game. Could the line be upgraded? Absolutely. But let's be real. The newly installed "watch your knees!" blocking scheme really seems to be working, so I think we can back away from the "abysmal" stuff.

As for this draft, I take issue with the idea that Oakland would be picking #1 overall again. I also don't envision Campbell being the top guy on our board. I imagine they'll want to see what Moses has before dropping another high pick on the position.

McFadden would make a lot of sense. Possibly the top talent in the class. Also, I have to laugh when I see anyone using Jordan, Rhodes, or Fargas as a reason to pass on McFadden. A Bush/McFadden tandem would be incredible.

Richardson is huge...which probably means we won't be looking at him. ZBS linemen tend to be lighter and lighter afoot.

A guy like Philip Wheeler (would play SAM) would be a terrific pick.

fenikz
08-31-2007, 07:07 PM
IMO its a terrible mock

you have 5th-7th/undrafted guys going in the 2nd and top tier guys not even being drafted

How is Tashard Choice the 2nd RB taken, did you forget about Rice, Slaton, and Stewart?

P-L
08-31-2007, 08:01 PM
Just to let you know, the CB from Tennessee State's name is Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie. I've seen you post "Antonio Rodgers-Cromartie" before and I think you are just getting mixed up with Antonio Cromartie of the Chargers.

Mr. Stiller
08-31-2007, 09:19 PM
IMO its a terrible mock

you have 5th-7th/undrafted guys going in the 2nd and top tier guys not even being drafted

How is Tashard Choice the 2nd RB taken, did you forget about Rice, Slaton, and Stewart?

This was done assuming those RB's stay in school..

And secondly those 5-7th undrafted guys could literally go in round 2.. it's early.

Mr. Stiller
08-31-2007, 09:19 PM
Just to let you know, the CB from Tennessee State's name is Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie. I've seen you post "Antonio Rodgers-Cromartie" before and I think you are just getting mixed up with Antonio Cromartie of the Chargers.

Yeah I just noticed.

Crow
09-01-2007, 10:22 PM
As for this draft, I take issue with the idea that Oakland would be picking #1 overall again. I also don't envision Campbell being the top guy on our board. I imagine they'll want to see what Moses has before dropping another high pick on the position.
Nevermind...

raidersfanxxx
09-01-2007, 11:00 PM
awful pick for the raiders. tommy kelly is a decent starter and jay richardson will be his future replacement. we need an offensive play maker, not a DE. run dmc would be the pick.

Crow
09-02-2007, 12:16 AM
We need a DE as badly as anything else. Kelly is a run stopper at end, and that's about it. I'll be amazed if Richardson turns into anything more.

Unless Clemons shocks the world and plays well against 1st team OTs, RE will again be one of our primary needs.