PDA

View Full Version : EEEEEEAAAAAARRRRRLLLLLYYYYY Mock

richdg
08-27-2007, 12:19 PM
Round 1: 1 of these 3 OT's Long, Baker, or Cherilus. Baker is the best pass blocker, but is also the smallest and no help in the run game. Long and Cherilus are basicly the same guy. Both are huge, storng OT's that could play either side in the NFL.
Round 2: Give me a corner! Bowman, Porter, or Jenkins from USF.
Round 3: More blockers! Bigger the better to play G. Arnold, Schuening, or Benedict all fit the bill.
Round 4: A nice tall physical Wr would be a nice change. Wheelwright, Hubbard, or Purify all would be nice picks here.
Round 5: Some help at ILB/MLB fits. Moffit or Lemon are typical MLB. But both have very good speed.
Round 6: Some stout DT's. Guys like: Hayden, Norwell, and Dykes are all good sized guys that could turn out to be like A. Smith.
Round 7: A power back. A guy that would be happy touching the ball 7-10 times a game, and falling out of bed picks up 2 yards. Bell, Hillis, Schmitt, Coelcrick, Hamilton and Hilliard all can do that. No need to go to early with this need. At least 1 of these guys will be here in the seventh.

Mr. Stiller
08-27-2007, 12:29 PM
Round 1: 1 of these 3 OT's Long, Baker, or Cherilus. Baker is the best pass blocker, but is also the smallest and no help in the run game. Long and Cherilus are basicly the same guy. Both are huge, storng OT's that could play either side in the NFL.

Not Bad, I'd lean Gosder here.

Round 2: Give me a corner! Bowman, Porter, or Jenkins from USF.

Bowman was severely Injured.. Porter is alright, Jenkins is looking day 2 (his teammate Trae Williams will likely be drafted first) I'd lean Dwight Lowery or Antonio Rogers-Cromartie here.

Round 3: More blockers! Bigger the better to play G. Arnold, Schuening, or Benedict all fit the bill.

I love Benedict. Arnold won't likely make the pro's.. he has stress fractures and can only play 15-20 snaps a game. Schuenning is an interesting suggestion.

Round 4: A nice tall physical Wr would be a nice change. Wheelwright, Hubbard, or Purify all would be nice picks here.

Purify already has 2 DUI's.. Wheelwright doesn't catch anything.. Hubbard will likely be gone before this.. I don't think we need a "Tall Physical" WR if we're going to be more committed to the TE Position.. They don't get any taller (6'5, 6'7, 6'9) and I have yet to see a WR more physical than Heath Miller

Round 5: Some help at ILB/MLB fits. Moffit or Lemon are typical MLB. But both have very good speed.

I"d lean Leman, he's more of a thumper.

Round 6: Some stout DT's. Guys like: Hayden, Norwell, and Dykes are all good sized guys that could turn out to be like A. Smith.

Hayden "Should" be gone, Norwell is likely a UDFA.. I like Dykes, but I think round 6 is too late.

Round 7: A power back. A guy that would be happy touching the ball 7-10 times a game, and falling out of bed picks up 2 yards. Bell, Hillis, Schmitt, Coelcrick, Hamilton and Hilliard all can do that. No need to go to early with this need. At least 1 of these guys will be here in the seventh.

I like Hillis... Or some names you missed.. Jalen Parmele, Courtney Tennial

richdg
08-27-2007, 01:32 PM
Like I said, very early. You never know who is going to get hurt, in trouble, and no one has any clue as to which underclassmen are coming out. All of which will happen and change the names. But you see what I think in terms of which type of players by round that I like.

Mr. Stiller
08-27-2007, 02:18 PM
Like I said, very early. You never know who is going to get hurt, in trouble, and no one has any clue as to which underclassmen are coming out. All of which will happen and change the names. But you see what I think in terms of which type of players by round that I like.

Thats what I judged it off of.. THough I don't htink we have room to add a WR this year.