PDA

View Full Version : And the Roster Cuts Begin

Caddy
08-27-2007, 04:30 PM
The following players have been released.

WR Jovon Bouknight
G/C Jonathan Clinkscale
DE Tim Jones
T Jabari Levey
C Nick Mihlhauser
WR Chad Owens
DE Jeremy Pittman
WR Kyle Smith
FB Zach Tuiasosopo

No huge surprises, but with Owens gone it looks as though Jones is guaranteed his spot as returner.

Watchman
08-27-2007, 05:38 PM
Yeah, no suprises. I do not think Simms will make the final roster though.

Caddy
08-27-2007, 10:29 PM
Yeah, no suprises. I do not think Simms will make the final roster though.

Yeah that is how it is shaping up at the moment. Grads and McCown have looked pretty decent in pre-season and Simms has been lackluster albeit not all his own fault.

Caddy
08-28-2007, 04:42 PM
Add Sean Douglas P to the list of those players cut. Matt Herian and Jeb Terry have been placed on IR.

http://buccaneers.com/news/newsdetail.aspx?newsid=5960

Watchman
08-29-2007, 12:18 AM
Add Sean Douglas P to the list of those players cut. Matt Herian and Jeb Terry have been placed on IR.

http://buccaneers.com/news/newsdetail.aspx?newsid=5960

I always hoped Jeb Terry would work his way into the starting rotation. Seemed like he came close in 2005 and 2006, but never could stick. With Joseph and Sears in the fold now I guess he's nothing more than a reserve. I'm really hoping those two guys become the dominant guards the Bucs have never really had.

Caddy
08-29-2007, 12:36 AM
I always hoped Jeb Terry would work his way into the starting rotation. Seemed like he came close in 2005 and 2006, but never could stick. With Joseph and Sears in the fold now I guess he's nothing more than a reserve. I'm really hoping those two guys become the dominant guards the Bucs have never really had.

On all accounts that is just what Davin is becoming. I fully expect him to be a top 10 guard after this season and after that who knows. Sears is a little sketchier at the moment because he hasn't played in a proper game but my sights are high for him to. A dominant pair of guards is just what we need to help Caddy regain rookie form.

etk
08-29-2007, 12:14 PM
On all accounts that is just what Davin is becoming. I fully expect him to be a top 10 guard after this season and after that who knows. Sears is a little sketchier at the moment because he hasn't played in a proper game but my sights are high for him to. A dominant pair of guards is just what we need to help Caddy regain rookie form.

Maybe if we have two guards who can pull effectively we won't run dive plays all game.

Caddy
08-29-2007, 04:37 PM
Maybe if we have two guards who can pull effectively we won't run dive plays all game.

Just give it time.

etk
08-29-2007, 09:18 PM
Give what time? The playbook needs to be expanded this year, especially on the ground. We have some athletes on the line and I wouldn't mind seeing us try some "Zone O" plays like Seattle & Washington. Caddy would love it.

Caddy
08-30-2007, 03:33 AM
Give what time? The playbook needs to be expanded this year, especially on the ground. We have some athletes on the line and I wouldn't mind seeing us try some "Zone O" plays like Seattle & Washington. Caddy would love it.

I simply thought you meant the development of the players ie Sears and Joesph which would obviously take time.

etk
08-30-2007, 08:25 AM
Sears won't be "developed" until my children have children. No I don't have children yet, either.

Caddy
08-30-2007, 04:33 PM
Sears won't be "developed" until my children have children. No I don't have children yet, either.

Your optimism shines through etk.

etk
08-30-2007, 05:53 PM
Your optimism shines through etk.

I'm optimistic we will draft a decent replacement soon enough.

Caddy
08-31-2007, 05:24 AM
Paris Warren is out for the year. You have to feel bad for the kid who had a good chance at making the active roster. Hopefully he will be back next season.

Tampa 2 4 life
08-31-2007, 01:46 PM
Paris Warren is out for the year. You have to feel bad for the kid who had a good chance at making the active roster. Hopefully he will be back next season.

He pretty much made the roster before that injury.

Caddy
08-31-2007, 07:53 PM
He pretty much made the roster before that injury.

Which is what makes it so disappointing.

etk
08-31-2007, 08:46 PM
What kind of injury? Some players get a minor one and get shelved on the IR, so I wonder if he got that treatment or if he legitimately had no chance of returning.

Tampa 2 4 life
08-31-2007, 08:48 PM
What kind of injury? Some players get a minor one and get shelved on the IR, so I wonder if he got that treatment or if he legitimately had no chance of returning.

The way his leg twisted...He's not coming back.

Caddy
08-31-2007, 09:49 PM
The way his leg twisted...He's not coming back.

We've got a doctor in the house aye :). He sustained a dislocated ankle so he is out for the season. Hopefully he will be back next TC because I am really intrigued as to what he can offer.

etk
08-31-2007, 10:35 PM
We've got a doctor in the house aye :). He sustained a dislocated ankle so he is out for the season. Hopefully he will be back next TC because I am really intrigued as to what he can offer.

I'd rather draft one of the 10 million amazing WR prospects that should be available, but Galloway's possible retirement and the possible suckage of Clayton & others could open a nice spot for him to come back if he works hard.