PDA

View Full Version : Asante Samuel reports to Pats camp, ends holdout

Don Vito
08-27-2007, 05:17 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp07/news/story?id=2993035

Franchised, 7.9 mil for 07. This is a big relief for Pats fans.

His agent says the deal is not done yet, but it looks like a pretty sure thing.

PACKmanN
08-27-2007, 06:10 PM
so do they move Wilson back to FS now? and whats going to happen to that Miami player you guys drafted?

remix 6
08-27-2007, 06:14 PM
so do they move Wilson back to FS now? and whats going to happen to that Miami player you guys drafted?

wilson was at FS the whole time

Meriweather has been playing a lot of slot CB and a little safety

i dont see Meriweather overtaking G a y for #3 spot so we'll see Meriweather at safety more imo

Don Vito
08-27-2007, 09:45 PM
If everything goes through with Asante the secondary DC ahould look like-

CB-A. Samuel, E Hobbs, R. ***, B. Meriweather, Tory James, Willie Andrews, Mike Richardson
FS-E. Wilson, B. Meriweather, J. Sanders, Willie Andrews
SS-R. Harrison, J. Sanders, B. Meriweather, Mel Mitchell

nobodyinparticular
08-28-2007, 01:10 AM
That's freaking ridiculous that a person doesn't want to play football for $8 million guaranteed. For 16 games of football.

Jvig43
08-28-2007, 09:31 AM
That's freaking ridiculous that a person doesn't want to play football for $8 million guaranteed. For 16 games of football.

Agreed, but we can all give a huge thanks to the 49ers for giving clements that 80 mil, now look at every player holding out, they all want that much... i mean Dwight Freeney is not worth what the colts payed for the guy, i think they should have used that money to keep their dbs, but thats just me. it seems like everytime a player is signed after a holdout youll see the headline, highest payed *insert position here* in the NFL.

Mr. Stiller
08-28-2007, 09:50 AM
Agreed, but we can all give a huge thanks to the 49ers for giving clements that 80 mil, now look at every player holding out, they all want that much... i mean Dwight Freeney is not worth what the colts payed for the guy, i think they should have used that money to keep their dbs, but thats just me. it seems like everytime a player is signed after a holdout youll see the headline, highest payed *insert position here* in the NFL.

CB is one thing, but Guards market is ridiculous.

Faneca deserves more than Dockery or Steinbach, but they don't deserve the amount they got paid.