PDA

View Full Version : Teams you expect to dissappoint this year.

PoopSandwich
08-27-2007, 06:15 PM
What teams do you expect to disappoint this year based on last years performance or this years expectations?

I think the New York Jets will have a worse season than they did last year, I don't believe in Pennington like I used to.

Based on last years 8-8 season, I don't think the Titans will do too well (although most people don't think they will anyways.)

The Chiefs won't make the playoffs I don't believe.

The Saints could be a major let down this year if their defense can't play up to par.

What teams do you expect to disappoint?

BuckNaked
08-27-2007, 06:16 PM
The popular picks are obviously the Chiefs and the Falcons.

The Unseen
08-27-2007, 06:21 PM
The Colts are always disappointing as they continue to keep Tha Pimp Jim Sorgi on the bench.

http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2007/writers/don_banks/01/30/sorgi/p1_sorgi.jpg

"imma kill all dey foos who get in ma way"

23trufant
08-27-2007, 06:22 PM
I dont know if the saints are going to be able to repeat what they did last year though their division is not very difficult.

JoeMontainya
08-27-2007, 06:23 PM
Giants, Redskins, Panthers, Seahawks, Bengals, Broncoas, Cheifs, Bears, and Bills.

JeffSamardzijaIRISH
08-27-2007, 06:27 PM
With Rex Chokeman in there, the Bears could dissapoint.

Shiver
08-27-2007, 06:36 PM
Jets, Bears and Colts.

PoopSandwich
08-27-2007, 06:38 PM
The popular picks are obviously the Chiefs and the Falcons.

I didn't put the Falcons on there because they picked pretty high last year and I don't think the Falcons have very high expectations.

skinzzfan25
08-27-2007, 06:39 PM
Redskins

The Redskins aren't getting any worse than last season... I don't see how they disappoint this season.

bearfan
08-27-2007, 06:40 PM
Bears? I dont want to sound like a homer, but we will probably 85% make the playoffs. Rex is on a shorter leash this year, and so if he does choke, we have a good Qb in Griese. Now good QB doesnt mean that he will be the savior, but he isnt a bad QB by any standards. We bring back I think 20 or 21 of 22 starters last year, we should make the playoffs. The only team that will maybe knock us off our divisional pedistool is the Packers, they should be good this year. Even in that case, we should make the playoffs

JoeMontainya
08-27-2007, 06:47 PM
The Redskins aren't getting any worse than last season... I don't see how they disappoint this season.

Of course says the Redskins fan. I mean you do have Cambell as a QB and he isnt exactly 100% right now. Portis hasnt even dressed in a uniform yet, WR's are all overrated. D isnt exactly great by any means. And your in a division with Dallas and Philly. Joe Gibbs isnt a good coach anymore, and if Saun Taylor continues to give up the most TD's of any DB in the NFL, dont exspect to stop the pass any better than last year.

ps. Taylor is a great tackler and a horrible safety.

Did the Browns get any worse? They arguably got 50% better, but it isnt going to effect their record because of the scheduling/conference they are in.

JeffSamardzijaIRISH
08-27-2007, 06:49 PM
Bears? I dont want to sound like a homer, but we will probably 85% make the playoffs. Rex is on a shorter leash this year, and so if he does choke, we have a good Qb in Griese. Now good QB doesnt mean that he will be the savior, but he isnt a bad QB by any standards. We bring back I think 20 or 21 of 22 starters last year, we should make the playoffs. The only team that will maybe knock us off our divisional pedistool is the Packers, they should be good this year. Even in that case, we should make the playoffs

They might not be as good as last year in terms of wins, and not making the Super Bowl should be a disapointment, and with Rex in there, no telling what could happen...

DaBears9654
08-27-2007, 07:15 PM
I kind of disagree about Griese. Obviously, he's not like another Henry Burris, but he does have a history of making mistakes at inopportune times. I remember checking out the Buccaneers' official MB's after we signed him last year, seeing what their fans were saying about him and a few said he throws costly INT's at the worst possible times. Obviously, we didn't get much of a chance to see b/c he only came in when we had the game locked up, but, from what I've seen, I agree with this assessment.

And, regarding the Packers, I really don't think the Vikings are getting the respect they deserve, inexperienced quarterback notwithstanding.

skinzzfan25
08-27-2007, 07:27 PM
Of course says the Redskins fan. I mean you do have Cambell as a QB and he isnt exactly 100% right now. Portis hasnt even dressed in a uniform yet, WR's are all overrated. D isnt exactly great by any means. And your in a division with Dallas and Philly. Joe Gibbs isnt a good coach anymore, and if Saun Taylor continues to give up the most TD's of any DB in the NFL, dont exspect to stop the pass any better than last year.

Did the Browns get any worse? They arguably got 50% better, but it isnt going to effect their record because of the scheduling/conference they are in.

So your pretty much saying that we are going to be a bottom 5 team in the NFL? Put it out there, I could use a few sig quotes. We finished 6th last year, and according to you the only place to go is down.

You better hope Quinn pans out, you mortgaged your future on him. LT hasn't suited up yet, is he going to be terrible too? Portis knows the system and it's not worth him playing for nothing. You're wide receivers are Braylon Edwards and nobody. Our backup running back had more yards and started less than half the games Lewis did, and way more receiving yards. You're division is Baltimore, Cincinnati, and Pittsburgh plus your in the AFC. To say that Gibbs isn't a good coach anymore is laughable. He's got three rings and a place in Canton, what does Romeo got? Our defense sucked last year and we addressed it this off season, and quite well might I add.

Don't gloat, especially if you're a browns fan.

Hurricane Ditka
08-27-2007, 07:31 PM
He's got three rings what does Romeo got? Answered that one yourself didn't you?

skinzzfan25
08-27-2007, 07:33 PM
Answered that one yourself didn't you?

I meant as a head coach, great assistant, but terrible coach.

McBain
08-27-2007, 07:41 PM

we went like 5-11 last season... you really expect us to get worse? Part of the reason Taylor had a difficult time last season was because he was the only DB that was ever healthy. A horrible Safety is a bit of stretch, i'll grant you he hasn't lived up to his hype but having Landry by him has made him that much better. Also if you've bothered to watch any of our pre-season games our secondary has actually looked pretty good.. though it is just the pre-season.

neko4
08-27-2007, 07:46 PM
Was' Wrs core overated?
Santana is not overated nor is Cooley. Weve seen both of them perform very well when healthy and when they have a good #3. Antwaan i can see, and lloyd aint that good(though i think if he had a better work ethic, something that seems to be lacking, then he could be a strong #2)

regoob2
08-27-2007, 07:46 PM
saints. they were 10-6 last year and the bears smoked them in the playoffs. a lot of nfc teams got better and they aint one of them. they just flat out suck against good teams. i think they lost every game last year to a top 10 defense. and i flat out dont like them. thats probably the main reason. but they are definetly not super bowl bound.

WMD
08-27-2007, 07:49 PM
Colts and Chiefs.. Especially the Chiefs.

SubNoize
08-27-2007, 07:52 PM
the cardinals... they never fail in crushing the hopes of their fans who expect .500 or better seasons while they go 5-11 again.

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
08-27-2007, 07:53 PM
The Colts are always disappointing as they continue to keep Tha Pimp Jim Sorgi on the bench.

Just thank your lucky stars that since they keep him under wraps you actually have a chance against the Colts.

JeffSamardzijaIRISH
08-27-2007, 07:56 PM
I meant as a head coach, great assistant, but terrible coach.

I wouldn't say he's terrible, we haven't seen much yet. He came into a horrible situation, probably the worst team in the league. He brought that team from **** to decent.

GB12
08-27-2007, 07:59 PM

Damn he's white. Jim go on vacation or maybe just go outside every once in a while.

neko4
08-27-2007, 08:09 PM
Damn he's white. Jim go on vacation or maybe just go outside every once in a while.

i know, they play in that dome, that cant help

McBain
08-27-2007, 08:14 PM
I'm a pretty white dude myself... but i kick the **** out of jim sorgi. He is freakishly pale.

bearfan
08-27-2007, 08:20 PM
They might not be as good as last year in terms of wins, and not making the Super Bowl should be a disapointment, and with Rex in there, no telling what could happen...

Well what I consider a dissapointment is not making the playoffs. Having a less than .500 season when you are expected to get more.

And DaBears. Even if he does, its not like we would let him throw as much as Grossman is going to be able to this year. If worse comes to worse, just do what we did in 05' w/ Orton. Give Griese the game manager position, and let him do that.

And also, I think that the Vikes are getting vastly underrated, but they I dont think will have a playoff season. All the mocks I look at have the Vikes picking top 5. Thats not the case. The only big question mark w/ them is their QB, WR and secondary. Actually, I will say defense, as I read an article that pointed out that the run defense was "great", but the opposing teams didnt have to run all the time because the pass defense was ranked like 31st. So QB, WR, and 2ndary are question marks.

Vikes99ej
08-27-2007, 08:26 PM
I'm going to say the Jets. Don't ask me why.

nfrillman
08-27-2007, 08:30 PM
The 49ers. They should be happy with a .500 record, but they will finish below .500.

Philliez01
08-27-2007, 08:49 PM

I don't want to start a controversy, but does one notice that someone has their back turned in the background?

Sorgi knows.

Im_a_Romosexual
08-27-2007, 09:31 PM
definately the niners. I'm surprised only 1 person has mentioned them

Borat
08-27-2007, 09:37 PM
The 49ers. They should be happy with a .500 record, but they will finish below .500.

That's hilarious. Not your take, but rather the fact that when I opened the thread I actually said to myself, I bet that Nfrillman guy says the Niners. BTW, SF went 7-9 last year, so finishing under .500 at say 7-9 wouldn't be worse than last year (that was the point of this thread). And yes, I may get blasted by my fellow 9er fans, but I'd be happy with 8-8 or better. We're not there yet, despite what the media thinks.

GB12
08-27-2007, 09:39 PM
I wouldn't have agreed that the niners will had there not been so much hype on them. I don't think they'll have a dissapointing season, but I don't expect them to hit double digits in wins or win the West like so many have projected.

Eagles own the NFC East
08-27-2007, 09:47 PM
Daaa Bears.

Borat
08-27-2007, 09:49 PM
The Niners are definitely a valid choice to disappoint. The team as a whole is better, but the record may not be.

nfrillman
08-27-2007, 11:08 PM
That's hilarious. Not your take, but rather the fact that when I opened the thread I actually said to myself, I bet that Nfrillman guy says the Niners. BTW, SF went 7-9 last year, so finishing under .500 at say 7-9 wouldn't be worse than last year (that was the point of this thread). And yes, I may get blasted by my fellow 9er fans, but I'd be happy with 8-8 or better. We're not there yet, despite what the media thinks.

Well why wouldn't I say it in here if I have been saying it all offseason. Also, the point of this thread wasn't "who will have a worse record then last year", it was "who will disappoint", which one would obviously take prognostications for this upcoming season into account, not just records from last season. If it were based off records from last season then the Chargers, Bears, Patriots, etc are almost certain to disappoint, but since people do not consider making the playoffs a disappointment, even if the regular season isn't as good as the previous season, people are not mentioning them.

PalmerToCJ
08-27-2007, 11:11 PM
I'm going to say the Jets. Don't ask me why.

Tougher schedule (on paper but I'm sure it will be in the end as well) will have a lot to do with it, granted the Oline is one year older and Thomas Jones is a good addition.

Crazy_Chris
08-28-2007, 01:42 AM
I don't think the Saints or the 49ers will live up to the media Hype.

Caddy
08-28-2007, 01:58 AM
I'm pretty sure the Buccaneers are going to fail to live up to my optimistic standards. I see another sub .500 season for the Buccaneers unfortunately unless Jeff Garcia is the 2nd coming of Christ.

EdReedUnstoppable
08-28-2007, 03:40 AM
I don't know why the Ravens aren't being mentioned on here. All we did was downgrade everywhere and McNair's arm is terrible and he can't get the ball downfield to our weapons. The D went from having AD to Jarrett Johnson.........Biggest player to player downgrade Ive ever seen!!!

PalmerToCJ
08-28-2007, 11:09 AM
I don't know why the Ravens aren't being mentioned on here. All we did was downgrade everywhere and McNair's arm is terrible and he can't get the ball downfield to our weapons. The D went from having AD to Jarrett Johnson.........Biggest player to player downgrade Ive ever seen!!!

You all obviously only have one way to go really in terms of record, I'm sure that won't be as good as it was last year but I think you can still get a WC spot. I honestly don't see the Ravens winning the division although I still think you have a fairly good shot at the playoffs.

Shiver
08-28-2007, 03:52 PM
I think the Ravens will be 3rd in their division, so I guess that makes them a disappointment I guess.

DaBears9654
08-28-2007, 05:49 PM
As for actually answering the question, I will predict one (Giants) or both NY teams.

Jvig43
08-28-2007, 08:41 PM
As for actually answering the question, I will predict one (Giants) or both NY teams.

So the giants will dissapoint by winning this year, cause everyone thinks that they will have a top ten pick in the draft next year. As for my pick, im going with the colts..and with some hesitation the pats. even tho im a huge fan they have a tough schedule, and every year the team picked to go to the superbowl never ends up doing so well. i still think that they could end up being the best team in the AFC, but i also think theres a chance they wont end up being what everyone and myself think they can be. As for the colts selection, they lost guys on defense to sign in my opinion one of the most overrated players in Dwight Freeney. that guy is not worht half as much as they paid him.

08-28-2007, 09:56 PM
The Jets are probably the only team that will finish with a worse record then last year, but actually be better.

binary
08-29-2007, 07:38 AM
As a 9er fan I have to agree with Borat. Some of the Kool-Aid 9erfans have been drinking is getting to their brains. They hype machine is totally out of control. I'll be incredibly happy with 9-7, but expect 8-8.

brat316
08-29-2007, 09:58 AM
Uh hmm Falcons, Jags, Browns, Titans,

keylime_5
08-29-2007, 10:08 AM
Geez, I don't know what how the Browns would disappoint unless they only won 1 or 2 games. I think Cleveland wins 6 to 8 games and doesn't disappoint, but doesn't exceed expectations. I think Chicago and Philly play in the NFC Championship, so I'm gonna say Dallas just b/c at the end of last season everyone figured out Tony Romo. Denver and KC will be less than expected too.

Addict
08-29-2007, 10:28 AM
Uh hmm Falcons, Jags, Browns, Titans,

? How can they dissapoint? 1 winning season since '99... one win and they're on schedule. Same goes for my lions.

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
08-29-2007, 11:31 AM
Denver. as long as this defense starts ian gold and nick ferguson and doesn't get a real SLB, they'll suffer. but at least we're paying dan graham 6 mill/yr to catch 38 passes. that'll certainly keep us out of the "disappointment" area.

also, san diego. they haven't had consecutive 10 win seasons in 26 years (since 1980-1981). their receivers are mediocre at best. norv turner.

Does that mean the Raiders will win the division? Oh ****.

KCJ58
08-29-2007, 11:50 AM
the 49ers and Cards are not gonna be anything special this year

Addict
08-29-2007, 12:10 PM
three years of predicting it now... eventually i have to be right.

you know there are 77 year old lions' fans who think that way too?

Larry
08-30-2007, 08:54 AM
the 49ers and Cards are not gonna be anything special this year

The Cards yes, the but the 49ers most likely go 10 and 6 and take the NFC West.

ManningEnvy
08-30-2007, 09:47 AM
The Jags as usual. They're always AFC south champs in August. Then September rolls around and The Pillsbury DoughBoy takes the mound. There's the windup and here's the pitch............just a bit high as it sails over the head of a wide open receiver.

nfrillman
08-30-2007, 02:53 PM
The Cards yes, the but the 49ers most likely go 10 and 6 and take the NFC West.

Haha, yeah, that definitely is the most likely thing to happen, definitely.

awfullyquiet
08-30-2007, 03:12 PM
i vote for the cards.
but it's the same thing every year.

every year.

the bidwells never cease to disappoint.

Number 10
08-30-2007, 03:44 PM
I'm about halfway through with my team by team predictions and as of right now I have both the Falcons and Dolphins turning in 3-13 records.

I shold have my predictions up sometime this weekend, I'm sure it will stir up some controversy as always.

HoopsDemon12
08-30-2007, 03:45 PM
Well i really hope the cards dont dissapoint AGAIN this year... but i think the biggest dissapointment personalyl will be the colts... unless that defence can adapt to the new faces quickly

awfullyquiet
08-30-2007, 03:54 PM
I'm about halfway through with my team by team predictions and as of right now I have both the Falcons and Dolphins turning in 3-13 records.

I shold have my predictions up sometime this weekend, I'm sure it will stir up some controversy as always.

i think you're at least six wins shy. and a harrington hater.

Number 10
08-30-2007, 04:20 PM
i think you're at least six wins shy. and a harrington hater.

Wait...you think the Falcons will be 9-7?

And Harrington hasn't done a thing in this league to make anyone not a hater. He is a backup, nothing more.

awfullyquiet
08-30-2007, 04:42 PM
Wait...you think the Falcons will be 9-7?

And Harrington hasn't done a thing in this league to make anyone not a hater. He is a backup, nothing more.

combined. miami and atlanta are good for at least six more wins.

so. maybe 3 to each.
or four to atl and two to miami...

in all the preseason, it has looked like joey was capable to throw the ball.
more so than tavaris jackson.

or for that matter jamarcus russell

Number 10
08-30-2007, 04:45 PM
combined. miami and atlanta are good for at least six more wins.

so. maybe 3 to each.
or four to atl and two to miami...

in all the preseason, it has looked like joey was capable to throw the ball.
more so than tavaris jackson.

Harrington won't be the worst starting QB in NFL, but let's be honest here. He can't win games by himself and with a shaky ground game, average O-line, and susceptible defense on top of a college head coach.....things are looking sour for the Falcons.

Larry
08-30-2007, 05:56 PM
Haha, yeah, that definitely is the most likely thing to happen, definitely.

It's definitely most likely we're sweeping the Rams this season.

Thanks to a horrible miss call when Harris stripped Holt in the second meeting, we would of did it again last year.

CARDIAC CAT 7
08-30-2007, 06:06 PM
The New York Football Giants, Betting they have a Top 10 Pick maybe even Top 5. Their confrence gets better and they stay the same or get worse. Unrealiable offense both running and passing , constantly have off the field issues, coach is almost a done deal to get fired nothing looks to bright in NY.

nobodyinparticular
08-30-2007, 06:09 PM

Funny, I don't see how this has any bearing on Harrington's season this year. Or the Falcons record vs. the Raiders record. Of the two players, only one will be the starting QB for their respective team. Of the two players, only one will actually have an effect on the outcome of the season. And that player isn't Russell.

So... "haha, Harrington has performed better than the #1 overall pick in the preseason because the #1 pick hasn't played at all."

But to that I say, at least Russell hasn't even come close to the interception count that Harrington has amassed in his short career.

One need only look as far as Harrington's 68 QB rating over the course of his career to see that the Falcons have a crappy QB on their team and are in for a long season indeed.

SubNoize
08-30-2007, 06:12 PM
It's definitely most likely we're sweeping the Rams this season.

Thanks to a horrible miss call when Harris stripped Holt in the second meeting, we would of did it again last year.

dude i want what you're smoking cuz you're high as a fricking kite thinkin SF will beat STL twice, you came close last year, but I think STL went much more in the right direction than SF and I have them winning the division with the Seahawks and forty whiners following.

nobodyinparticular
08-30-2007, 06:14 PM
I love the ambiguous nature of the sentence... "definitely most likely" Brilliant!

nfrillman
08-30-2007, 08:26 PM
I love the ambiguous nature of the sentence... "definitely most likely" Brilliant!

Umm, well if you would take look at the order of the words in the sentence, a thing known as reading, you would see that was never even said. Now, if you want to try that reading thing again, the following is what was said, "Haha, yeah, that definitely is the most likely thing to happen, definitely."

SubNoize
08-30-2007, 08:50 PM
Umm, well if you would take look at the order of the words in the sentence, a thing known as reading, you would see that was never even said. Now, if you want to try that reading thing again, the following is what was said, "Haha, yeah, that definitely is the most likely thing to happen, definitely."

i think he was talking to the whiners fan not you buddy, so take it down a notch.

nfrillman
08-30-2007, 09:59 PM
i think he was talking to the whiners fan not you buddy, so take it down a notch.

Oh yes, I now see the post he was talking about. My apologies to NIP, feel free to continue pointing out the unusual grammatical structure used by those silly 49ers fans.

Borat
08-30-2007, 10:15 PM
We is dumb ...

ripdw27
08-30-2007, 10:24 PM
i think the colts wil be a slight disapointment, only because they wont reach the superbowl. they dint lose any key players on O that i can think of besides dominic rhodes. im curious to see how addai responds to this, will he struggle or thrive? as for the D, they lost doss n cato june. imo, june was one of the leaders of that d, at least the back 7. i think there run d is gonna suffer quite a bit seeing as how they have teams like jacksonvill on the sched n denver, and im pretty sure new englad.

sodar21
08-30-2007, 10:32 PM
New York Jets, Chicago, Denver, New York Giants, Philadelphia

Mr. Stiller
08-30-2007, 10:41 PM
i think the colts wil be a slight disapointment, only because they wont reach the superbowl. they dint lose any key players on O that i can think of besides dominic rhodes. im curious to see how addai responds to this, will he struggle or thrive? as for the D, they lost doss n cato june. imo, june was one of the leaders of that d, at least the back 7. i think there run d is gonna suffer quite a bit seeing as how they have teams like jacksonvill on the sched n denver, and im pretty sure new englad.

They lost Doss, June, Simon, McFarland, David.

ripdw27
08-30-2007, 10:54 PM
They lost Doss, June, Simon, McFarland, David.

thanks man, i dint look into it, but that fuels into what i said even more, they lost a lot on d n dint go after anyone to fill the shoes. slight disapointment

BlindSite
08-31-2007, 04:27 AM
I dont know if the saints are going to be able to repeat what they did last year though their division is not very difficult.

You do realise that the NFC south has had a team in the NFCCG in like the last 6 years.

McBain
08-31-2007, 12:32 PM
all of them except the Skins cuz we're going to the superbowl and winning.

DMWSackMachine
08-31-2007, 02:29 PM
My long list is:

New England
San Diego
New Orleans
NYJ
Chicago
San Fran
Baltimore
Tennessee

All of these teams will not measure up to what people think of them this year.

New England is trying a new formula, and most of the old guard is gone. Now they are just throwing talent at problems that have plagued them rather than building from within and having key guys step up. Still good, but won't earn the bye in the AFC.

San Diego has Norv Turner, and I believe LT will begin his decline this season. Still good, but not 14-2 good. Slight disappointment.

New Orleans was a horrible team at this time last year, with a porous O-line, an aging or under-performing WR corps, horrible LBs, no interior presence on the D-line and a very suspect secondary. While Brown and some young guys have helped solidify their O-line, and Colston has emerged to bolster their WR core, I still see to many holes, holes that they were able to sneak by with last season. Their secondary still sucks balls, their DTs are as bad as ever, and they have a trio of backup LBs starting. The offense will be able to cover for much of these issues, but I don't see any more than 9 wins, and quite possibly as few as 6.

The Jets were a bad team last year that got seemingly every break they could. Their skill positions are bad, their O-line is still below average (though loaded with potential), their defense is filled with square-pegs-in-round-holes in the front 7, and just plain weak in 3 of the 4 spots in the secondary.....and they have a tough schedule. If Pennington goes down, you could be looking at the worst team in the league. They will be better down the road though. I like the overall direction of the team.

With Chicago, you have a team that was the Super Bowl loser--a curse that has gotten every single member of the club since....I can't even remember when. At least the last 10 or so. Aside from that, they have a remarkably meh group of offensive playmakers. While their O-line is very solid, they lack anything else on that side of the ball to be a real threat. Also, their defense is mildly overrated, and doesn't quite hold up to smash-mouth football well, imo. I see 9 or 10 wins, and just barely sneaking into the playoffs.

San Fran is the victim of lots of flashy moves, which always catch the media's eye, but not enough substance. They were another team that squeeked by last season, and won games that they shouldn't have. They will be better this year, but still win only ~6 games. They are in dire need of real pass rushers and at least one real presence on the D-line. I like where they're headed, though.

Baltimore is a vexing one for me. While they have, imo, hands down the best D in the league, they don't really scare me much. McNair is a fossil, and they have no fall-back option. He is roughly equal to Brad Johnson, imo, but because he was the QB for a 13 win team last season he is getting by on his former rep. He checks down waaaaaaay too much, and has lost most of his play making ability. Their offense is blah all around, and their run blocking has been horrid for 2 or 3 years now, without many catching on. I love their D, even with the defection of Adalius, and I think that will guarantee a non-losing season for them. How much farther they go beyond that will be largely determined by McGahee, imo. Of course, this was the team I was most mistaken about last year. So keep that in mind.

Tennessee.......this is purely in response to the media, and Texas/VY fans who think that a 2nd year QB with a below average ability to pass the ball can make up for a team devoid of playmakers. Call me funny, but even McNabb needed a rock solid O-line, a dynamic recieving threat out of the backfield, and a very good TE to make up for his lack of weapons. Not to mention a great defense. Last I checked, VY had exactly zero of those things. This is a bottom 8 team, though I expect several magical moments from Vince this year.

Lastly, I expect my beloved Cowboy team to disappoint many this year. Tony Romo will be excellent, the defense will make lots of plays, and I think Julius has an outside shot at emerging into a Pro Bowl caliber player (just a hunch, call me crazy).....but there will just be something missing. Bonehead TOs, penalties and lack of judgement at key times will doom the season, and I expect to see 9 or 10 wins, along with a quick exit in the playoffs. Most of what has kept the pre-season hype down for us has been the questions around Tony. If you were to guarantee to the average analyst that he will get 3800+ yds, 25+ TDs, and a rating of 90+ for the season, I'm sure most of them would be marking the Boys down for the NFC East championship and many would predict a Super Bowl bid. I am confident he will meet or approach each of those plateaus, and yet I expect the team to leave more-than-a-little-to-be-desired. **** me. :(