PDA

View Full Version : Freeman wins starting job at Miami

MNRunLeft
08-28-2007, 11:40 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2994678
Anyone else a little suprised to see that Freeman beat out Wright for the starting spot?

Don Vito
08-28-2007, 12:17 PM
All I have to say is what a sad, sad college career for Kyle Wright. Too bad this is the way its gonna end. He will still get some reps probably (unless Freeman explodes), I always wanted to see him turn it around. He is an amazing talent who hasn't lived up to the billing he received coming out of high school.

RyanLeaf#1
08-28-2007, 12:23 PM
All I have to say is what a sad, sad college career for Kyle Wright. Too bad this is the way its gonna end. He will still get some reps probably (unless Freeman explodes), I always wanted to see him turn it around. He is an amazing talent who hasn't lived up to the billing he received coming out of high school.

Couldnt agree with you more what a bust.

doingthisinsteadofwork
08-28-2007, 06:22 PM
He was overated coming into college.

etk
08-29-2007, 12:04 PM
Not surprised at all.

HoopsDemon12
08-29-2007, 05:19 PM
Wright was sooooooooooo hyped coming out of HS... to bad he couldnt have another chance to turn it around... this other guy has talent though.. not surprised by the decision

etk
08-29-2007, 09:13 PM
Wright was sooooooooooo hyped coming out of college... to bad he couldnt have another chance to turn it around... this other guy has talent though.. not surprised by the decision

I think you mean HS. Both Wright (1) & Freeman (14) were hyped coming out of HS, as was Marve (12). Wright has more NFL potential but Freeman could be a better college QB over the next 2 years. He's fast and can make plays but needs to improve his Comp. %.

jbeans187
08-29-2007, 10:31 PM
I was pleasantly surprised when i saw this, I think/hope Freeman will get better the more reps he gets with the first team

HoopsDemon12
08-29-2007, 10:34 PM
I think you mean HS. Both Wright (1) & Freeman (14) were hyped coming out of HS, as was Marve (12). Wright has more NFL potential but Freeman could be a better college QB over the next 2 years. He's fast and can make plays but needs to improve his Comp. %.

ya thats what i meant.. thanks for catching me on that mistake, well as much potential as i think Wright may have... they are playing at teh college level, if freeman brings them more wins im sure they could care less about how his NFL career goes

volman88
08-30-2007, 12:08 PM
He will probably still get drafted, I know that if I was a gm i would definetly take him.

draftguru151
08-30-2007, 12:25 PM
I hope he can use that 4.44 speed to make some plays. I actually wouldn't mind if we only threw the ball 10 times a game and run options all day.

etk
08-30-2007, 12:37 PM
I hope he can use that 4.44 speed to make some plays. I actually wouldn't mind if we only threw the ball 10 times a game and run options all day.

That would be awesome. James can be our fullback and Cooper the TB, or we can run it out of shotgun.

gstock05
08-30-2007, 03:24 PM
Wright had arm strength and a quick release.

He lacked accuracy, pocket presence, being good at making reads, throwing with touch... etc. All stuff that is just as if not more important than Arm strength and Mechanics.

volman88
08-30-2007, 11:45 PM
Wright had arm strength and a quick release.

He lacked accuracy, pocket presence, being good at making reads, throwing with touch... etc. All stuff that is just as if not more important than Arm strength and Mechanics.

All of which can be taught, or learned through experience. He will be a much better pro than college player.