PDA

View Full Version : Brian Brohm?

d34ng3l021
08-28-2007, 01:16 PM
I am a Falcons fan, so the chance of us getting him right now, seem very high. I was just wondering what are his cons? I have heard that he has good accuracy and makes good decisions. Will he be worth a top5 pick?

San Diego Chicken
08-28-2007, 01:32 PM
He isn't very mobile, and he has injury concerns. Those are the two main knocks on him as far as I can tell.

d34ng3l021
08-28-2007, 01:49 PM
But his arm strength and accuracy are pretty good, right? Same with footwork?

San Diego Chicken
08-28-2007, 02:20 PM
But his arm strength and accuracy are pretty good, right? Same with footwork?

Yes, those are all very good. I just happened to re-watch the Orange Bowl last night and his deep accuracy is outstanding. His mechanics are clean and he has very good pocket presence.

Michigan
08-28-2007, 03:27 PM
his accuracy gets sloppy at times in the short-intermediate range.

princefielder28
08-28-2007, 04:07 PM
His injury plagued past is the biggest knock

BuckNaked
08-28-2007, 04:26 PM
I'd say his biggest knock is that he's not Andre Woodson.

soybean
08-28-2007, 04:50 PM
the question i have is: is he or quinn is the better prospect?

PACKmanN
08-28-2007, 05:23 PM
the question i have is: is he or quinn is the better prospect?

well given Quinn played 4 years in college you have to wait and see what Brohm does in his final year. Brohm might drop due to the fact he in his final year and has a new coaching staff.

Staubach12
08-28-2007, 05:25 PM
His mechanics and footwork are great. I like his accuracy, it's on the NFL level. His arm is pretty good. He's smart. He makes quick reads. His mobility will be mediocre in the NFL, and he has big injury problems.

As to whether he or Quinn is the better prospect, it has to be Brohm. In the NFL, you have to have good accuracy to succeed. You have to be able to throw the ball though the tire, and Quinn can't do it at times. Like Eli Manning, a lack of accuracy will stunt Quinn's growth.

benchod
08-28-2007, 07:29 PM
As is the case with all top prospects coming into their final year, he'll drop.

He still has a legitimate chance of being the top pick and top quarterback taken overall, but there's a real chance that some less heralded junior QB will catch the scout's eyes and be taken ahead of him.

DChess
08-28-2007, 08:28 PM
im going to make a prediction right now. brian brohm will not be a top ten pick. he was under a great offense with petrino, and he's going to have to get used to a new scheme, so i want to see how he does with that. i personally think he's going to have a down year. also he's never thrown for that many td's in a season, 19's his highest, i mean its good but not really mind boggling. i mean woodson threw 31 last year. brohm was in a better offense too, but i dont know i could be reading into it too much, i think he got way to much pub then he deserved, in these past couple years

ATLDirtyBirds
08-29-2007, 06:44 AM
I'd say his biggest knock is that he's not Andre Woodson.

I'd agree with that. Woodson2Atlanta!

D-Rod
08-29-2007, 09:53 AM
I'd agree with that. Woodson2Atlanta!

I think that either Woodson or Brohm will slip outside the top 10, and I'd be thrilled with either of them in Atlanta.

Addict
08-29-2007, 10:20 AM
Falcons won't pick high this year, Harrington is gonna take you to the playoffs

PACKmanN
08-29-2007, 01:07 PM
I think that either Woodson or Brohm will slip outside the top 10, and I'd be thrilled with either of them in Atlanta.

I disagree with that. For all we know one of them can go first overall and the other one second overall, they are both franchises qbs.

08-29-2007, 01:20 PM
I disagree with that. For all we know one of them can go first overall and the other one second overall, they are both franchises qbs.

brian brohm is a franchise QB and worthy of goin first overall..andre woodson however is not a franchise QB

ATLDirtyBirds
08-29-2007, 01:22 PM
brian brohm is a franchise QB and worthy of goin first overall..andre woodson however is not a franchise QB

What makes Brian Brohm a franchise QB, and Andre Woodson not?

wiscbadgerfootball
08-29-2007, 01:46 PM
What makes Brian Brohm a franchise QB, and Andre Woodson not?

is it cause he's black?!?! tell the truth..

Vikes99ej
08-29-2007, 01:58 PM

Did you get that from the 2007 Book of Facts?

San Diego Chicken
08-29-2007, 02:29 PM
im going to make a prediction right now. brian brohm will not be a top ten pick. he was under a great offense with petrino, and he's going to have to get used to a new scheme, so i want to see how he does with that. i personally think he's going to have a down year. also he's never thrown for that many td's in a season, 19's his highest, i mean its good but not really mind boggling. i mean woodson threw 31 last year. brohm was in a better offense too, but i dont know i could be reading into it too much, i think he got way to much pub then he deserved, in these past couple years

TD passes are unimportant, especially in the offense Brohm was in. They scored 33 rushing touchdowns in 2006 and 41 in 2005. Look at the completion percentages and yards per pass attempt, they show Brohm is an accurate QB when throwing downfield.

parcells
08-29-2007, 05:15 PM
I am a Falcons fan, so the chance of us getting him right now, seem very high. I was just wondering what are his cons? I have heard that he has good accuracy and makes good decisions. Will he be worth a top5 pick?

I think there's a real decent chance of them getting Brohm, which could be in the neighborhood of 25%. If they're terrible (which most predict) and he does real well (which most predict), it could make real sense even without the Petrino connection. Throw in the Petrino connection, and Atlanta may be willing to take him a little higher than his ultimate draft ranking would warrant. Say they had the number 5 pick, but he's ranked as being deserving to go 10, they might just take him or trade down to land him.

On the flip side, if he's a little out of reach, they might be willing to go get him. Remember they've got the extra 2nd rounder from the Texans they netted in the Schaub deal. Not only would this make sense because of the Petrino connection, but this franchise is going to have the Mike Vick stigma for a while, and the sooner they get another franchise QB in there the better. And it wasn't like they got burned on Vick by talent, it was off-field stuff. I bring this up only because some say this is the reason the Chargers didn't take Vick (after the Ryan Leaf debacle 3 years prior).

josh07039
08-29-2007, 10:45 PM
If anyone wants another knock on Brian Brohm just watch the second half of the Rutgers-Louisville game from last year.

wogitalia
08-30-2007, 08:00 AM
I fully expect Brohm to slide this year.

It seems that the NFL is becoming like the NBA in that potential trumps current ability. The last 2 years the QB that was the best at the start(and probably end) of their senior years has fallen hard for younger guys(Leinart and Quinn). I expect the same to hit Brohm, especially if he struggles at all with the new system.

Vikes99ej
08-30-2007, 11:28 PM
Brohm looked great tonight, albeit against Murray State. Threw some nice balls to Harry Douglas.

draftguru151
08-31-2007, 08:46 AM
Brohm looked great tonight, albeit against Murray State. Threw some nice balls to Harry Douglas.

Not hard to complete passes to guys that don't have anyone within 20 yards of them.

d34ng3l021
08-31-2007, 01:12 PM
Not hard to complete passes to guys that don't have anyone within 20 yards of them.

lol. I take it your not a big fan of him?

draftguru151
08-31-2007, 01:20 PM
No I like Brohm, I just don't think people should be getting excited because he put up some numbers against Murray State.

Shiver
08-31-2007, 07:17 PM
I would be concerned if the receivers weren't wide open or Brohm wasn't hitting them against Buffalo. I am not impressed, he merely did what he was supposed to do. That said; I think Brohm will be an excellent pro prospect. The only thing that he could do to ruin his stock is if he gets hurt again.

d34ng3l021
09-09-2007, 03:17 PM
Oh. How badly I want Brohm right now.

robert_in_bigd
09-09-2007, 04:36 PM
The Dallas Cowboys will be selling that pick (Brohm) to the highest bidder.

Iamcanadian
09-10-2007, 04:39 AM
His injury plagued past is the biggest knock

This is the only factor that can ruin his chances at going #1 overall. He has all the rest.

Shiver
09-10-2007, 12:35 PM
The Dallas Cowboys will be selling that pick (Brohm) to the highest bidder.

You're assuming that Cleveland will finish with a worse record than Atlanta.

bearsfan_51
09-10-2007, 01:05 PM

Or Kansas City

Green Bay Scat
09-10-2007, 01:42 PM

Or Kansas City

or Buffalo

Vikes99ej
09-10-2007, 01:44 PM
or Buffalo

YES! No one's said Minnesota yet :)

naruto613
09-10-2007, 02:40 PM
Ok here's my opinion on both Woodson and Brohm...

Brohm: Brian Brohm would have gone within the top ten last year and this year, it's looking to be the same. Brohm has higher end footwork, and has an NFL arm. Deep field accuracy is very hard to find in a QB, and Brohm has got it. I fully expect him to be taken in the top ten this year.

Woodson: Andre Woodson is a great QB, but he's being overshadowed by Brohm. Out of the two schools, Louisville gets more coverage and attention from Tv networks and analysts alike. It also helps having your team in the top 25. Woodson has great footwork and is considerably mobile for a QB his size. His arm is great and his accuracy gets better with every game. The only aspect of his persona hat bothers me is his work ethic. His first 2 years of college football weren't much to talk about. He came into camp overweight and was always in danger of losing his job. If he leads his team to a bowl win, expect him to go top ten.

If I had to choose between them I would choose....Brian Brohm. He's simply too much of a spectacle to pass on. Woodson will be fine, but I can picture Brohm either having great sucess or being one of the biggest QB busts since Ryan Leaf.

bearsfan_51
09-10-2007, 02:46 PM
Why exactly did Woodson go to Kentucky in the first place?

keylime_5
09-10-2007, 03:09 PM
Brohm sure looks like a top 3 pick so far this season. Looks like he's gonna have to carry that whole team through the season though since their defense is bad and their RBs are only mediocre. Brohm and those good WRs are gonna probably average 40+ ppg.

keylime_5
09-10-2007, 03:10 PM

Because they have pretty helmets :)

P-L
09-10-2007, 03:29 PM
I don't know. He chose Kentucky over Louisville (the year before Brohm committed) and Penn State.

San Diego Chicken
09-10-2007, 03:35 PM
I still like Ainge more than Woodson. He is two years younger, and has put up the same production so far, against far better competition. Ainge lost his LT and all of his recievers, and hasn't dropped off at all, and has probably gotten better.

P-L
09-10-2007, 04:26 PM
How can you say Ainge has played far better competition? Both Tennessee and Kentucky play in the SEC. As far as out of conference games go, there isn't that big of a difference in competition. Over the past three years Kentucky has played Louisville (x3), Indiana (x2), Ohio, Idaho State, Texas State, Central Michigan, Louisiana Monroe, and Clemson. Tennessee has played UNLV, Louisiana Tech, Notre Dame (x2), Memphis (x2), UAB, Cal, Air Force, Marshall, and Penn State. Both teams have played four ranked teams. I don't see any argument how you could argue Tennessee has played far better competition.

San Diego Chicken
09-10-2007, 04:57 PM
How can you say Ainge has played far better competition? Both Tennessee and Kentucky play in the SEC. As far as out of conference games go, there isn't that big of a difference in competition. Over the past three years Kentucky has played Louisville (x3), Indiana (x2), Ohio, Idaho State, Texas State, Central Michigan, Louisiana Monroe, and Clemson. Tennessee has played UNLV, Louisiana Tech, Notre Dame (x2), Memphis (x2), UAB, Cal, Air Force, Marshall, and Penn State. Both teams have played four ranked teams. I don't see any argument how you could argue Tennessee has played far better competition.

I meant, so far in the 2007 season. Ainge also has a big time edge in experience and is two years younger. Woodson went from sleeper prospect to top 10 prospect in no time, while Ainge isn't even given first round consideration.

d34ng3l021
09-11-2007, 05:03 PM
Brian 'God' Brohm

Shiver
09-11-2007, 05:22 PM
Andre Woodson actually outperformed Jamarcus Russell as a junior in the SEC and here are there stats against common opponents. (Mississippi, Mississippi State, Tennessee, Florida)

Woodson

93 for 138
1,069 yards
8 touchdowns
1 interceptions

Russell

86 for 133
1,028 yards
10 touchdowns
6 interceptions

Woodson hardly had three NFL 1st round picks to throw to either.

WarOnTheShore
09-11-2007, 06:25 PM
I meant, so far in the 2007 season. Ainge also has a big time edge in experience and is two years younger. Woodson went from sleeper prospect to top 10 prospect in no time, while Ainge isn't even given first round consideration.

How does Ainge have more experience? He split time his first two years and missed four games last year. Woodson started every game of 2005 and 2006.

SuperKevin
09-11-2007, 06:29 PM
Woodson hardly had three NFL 1st round picks to throw to either.

Keenan Burton, Dicky Lyons Jr, Rafeal Little, and Jacob Tamme aren't exactly scrubs though either

Staubach12
09-11-2007, 07:42 PM
To me, if you're smart an accurate, you will have no problems in the NFL. You have to have it. Arm is a plus. As is good size, strength, running ability, etc. Now Brohm has the smart and the accuracy. As far as the pluses go, he's got a veery good arm, great size, and good strength. Mobility in the pocket is pretty good. Injury is a concern. He's a top-notch prospect.

San Diego Chicken
09-12-2007, 09:30 PM
How does Ainge have more experience? He split time his first two years and missed four games last year. Woodson started every game of 2005 and 2006.

Ainge started his first game as a true freshman and only lost the job halfway into his sophomore year, IIRC. I don't know the exact numbers... maybe the experience factor isn't as big, but I guess I'm not going to jump on the Woodson bandwagon yet until I hear how he is so much better than Ainge. Like I said, Ainge lost his left tackle and all his recievers and still has improved, and moves his offense down the field efficiently. I admit I haven't seen much of Woodson, it's hard to catch a Kentucky game even with a DVR when they play crummy teams like Eastern Kentucky and Kent State, but I did watch the Florida and LSU games last year and Woodson (not surprisingly against superior defenses) had a hard time moving his offense down the field. He did look good in the Music City Bowl.

BamaFalcon59
09-12-2007, 09:59 PM
I'm not on the Brohm bandwaggon. What is so great about him. He doesn't have many flaws, injuries being his biggest concern and maybe a system question considering how all of Petrino's QBs perform. But what makes him a number 1 overall caliber prospect? He has no amazing attribute. Vince Young had athleticism and potential. Matt Leinart had the rings. JaMarcus Russell had amazing size and an amazing arm. David Carr and Alex Smith were mobile, uber productive, and in Alex Smith's case a weak class. We all know about Michael Vick.

Other than the Petrino connection (which I don't see as a sufficient reason), I don't know why the Falcons would take him top 5. He doesn't look elite to me, but I've only seen him play a handfull of times. With a QB class featuring Brian Brohm, Andre Woodson, Colt Brennan, Matt Ryan, Chad Henne, and Erik Ainge (some of which will likely slip to round 2) what puts him head and shoulders above the others. Whereas it's clear Darren McFadden is the top runningback prospect, DeSean Jackson is an amazing prospect for a returner/ reciever/ weapon, Jake Long/ Sam Baker are creap of the crop tackles, etc.. Don't get me wrong, we need a QB. But we need a lot of things and the difference between Brian Brohm and Chad Henne seems to be less noticable than the difference between Darren McFadden and James Davis.

d34ng3l021
09-12-2007, 10:16 PM
The great thing about him is he has outstanding accuracy, above average arm, great decision making, maybe best throwing motion since Carson Palmer. He hardly has any massive flaws, except maybe injuries, and playing weak competition.

BamaFalcon59
09-12-2007, 10:37 PM
But, IMO Petrino's system can thrive with a Matt Ryan or Chad Henne or etc at QB. He will, in all likelihood, have the mentally broken Joey Harrington around 65 completion % this year. But he seems to have little faith in Norwood and Dunn is on his last run. LT is also a huge weakness. I just think there is much more dropoff from McFadden to lower RBs, Jackson to lower WRs, Phillips to lower SSs, Long and Baker to lower OT, etc than Brohm to the other 5 top QBs.

d34ng3l021
09-12-2007, 10:41 PM
I am personally not a big fan of other QBs than Brohm and Woodson, but thats just me.

I think we really need a franchise QB. It will help restore faith in the Falcons, put people back in their seat, and help us win games.

BamaFalcon59
09-12-2007, 10:49 PM
The whole QB thing takes forever. I know it will have to happen, but the whole '3 years to hit their stride and if not they bust and it starts all over' is a bummer.

D-Rod
09-13-2007, 04:06 AM
That's one of the benefits of Brohm - that 3 years should be greatly accelerated due to his familiarity with petrino's system.

Also, his huge assets are accuracy at all three levels and great decision-making. Those are what make a QB succeed in the NFL, not mobility or a cannon.

I agree that in the potential-obsessed NFL, Brohm may get over-analyzed like Leinart and Quinn, and may drop. But if a QB has good accuracy and decision-making, he has the best chance of turning into a quality NFL QB. And that's worth a top 5 pick in my mind.

phunnypharm
09-13-2007, 06:40 AM
He has no amazing attribute. Vince Young had athleticism and potential. Matt Leinart had the rings. JaMarcus Russell had amazing size and an amazing arm. David Carr and Alex Smith were mobile, uber productive, and in Alex Smith's case a weak class. We all know about Michael Vick.

Does Tom Brady or Peyton Manning have any of those attributes???

NO!

On the other hand...........good decision making and accuracy are THE 2 MOST IMPORTANT attributes that all great QBs have.

Brohm has both.

He comes from a football family (dad was a coach, brother was a good college QB, and I believe uncles that played as well). Intelligence is certainly a plus for him.

He also has an above average arm as mentioned previously, and decent mobility......in the pocket.....where it matters.

But we need a lot of things and the difference between Brian Brohm and Chad Henne seems to be less noticable than the difference between Darren McFadden and James Davis.

That may be true........BUT

#1.......QB is a FAR more important position than RB.

LT is a much better RB than anybody New England had last year, but Tom Brady was the difference last year in the playoffs. When it comes to the playoffs, RBs are just a dime a dozen comapred to QBs.

#2.......If you really want McFadden, you'd better hope you have a top 2 pick in the draft.........cause there is not much of a chance he falls past 2 teams when Dallas holds Cleveland's pick AND the Raiders likely will be picking high again as well!!!

toonsterwu
09-15-2007, 10:00 PM
In general, no I don't believe Brohm is top 5 worthy. That said, for Petrino ... it might be a case of the fit is just too good. I think Brohm can be a good pro QB ... in the right system. But overall ... no I don't think, as of now, he'd be top 5 big board for me. I'm not sure I'd put him top 3 QB for me although I really haven't given that much thought to it.

Geo
09-15-2007, 11:28 PM
I've said for some time that I don't see Brohm as a Top 5 pick. Petrino's offense and the current offense props him up better than he actually is, he'll never have such wide open windows in the pros. People rip Brady Quinn for struggling against elite defenses in LSU and Southern Cal, Brohm hasn't sniffed anything close to an elite defense and practically folded against Rutgers last year.

I think he's a first round pick, don't get me wrong. But if I have a Top 5 pick, I absolutely opt to instead pick a stud lineman on either side of the ball and take a QB later on than draft Brohm. Personally, I have liked and continue to like Sam Keller, who can probably be had for an early 3rd round pick (much better value imo). Or opt to take Matt Ryan in the 2nd round.

For all the talk about the Browns' trading away their 08 1st round pick, Phil Savage was able to get Brady Quinn (a better prospect imo) at half the cost.

Ravens1991
09-15-2007, 11:40 PM
I would love if he magically fell to the Ravens.

phunnypharm
09-16-2007, 09:47 AM
For all the talk about the Browns' trading away their 08 1st round pick, Phil Savage was able to get Brady Quinn (a better prospect imo) at half the cost.

Considering that there are probably going to be at least 4 QBs that are equal to or better prospects than Quinn in this year's draft.........Cleveland COULD have traded down with their pick (with a team hoping to land McFadden) and still landed a QB later.........but ended up with a minimum of an extra 2nd round pick.

Instead..........Cleveland gave up a 1st and 2nd rounder to get Quinn!

Considering that Cleveland will be one of the worst 3 teams in the NFL barring a miracle...........they could have actually traded down a few times in 2008 and still had a top 20 pick.

Quinn............for............2007 2nd rounder, 2008 top 20 pick, 2008 2nd round pick, and AT LEAST 2008 3rd rounder.

They could have ended up with a minimum of four "day 1" picks instead of Quinn...........and still got a QB with as much NFL potential!!!

No matter which way you slice it..........they got the short end of that deal.

toonsterwu
09-16-2007, 11:36 AM
Considering that there are probably going to be at least 4 QBs that are equal to or better prospects than Quinn in this year's draft.........Cleveland COULD have traded down with their pick (with a team hoping to land McFadden) and still landed a QB later.........but ended up with a minimum of an extra 2nd round pick.

Instead..........Cleveland gave up a 1st and 2nd rounder to get Quinn!

Considering that Cleveland will be one of the worst 3 teams in the NFL barring a miracle...........they could have actually traded down a few times in 2008 and still had a top 20 pick.

Quinn............for............2007 2nd rounder, 2008 top 20 pick, 2008 2nd round pick, and AT LEAST 2008 3rd rounder.

They could have ended up with a minimum of four "day 1" picks instead of Quinn...........and still got a QB with as much NFL potential!!!

No matter which way you slice it..........they got the short end of that deal.

It's a matter of value. They get Quinn in there now and get to work with him ... instead of waiting another year. It buys hope as well for the fans.

And, at this moment in time, I would readily argue that there are "at least" 4 QB's equal or better than Quinn. I was not a huge fan of Quinn when all was said and done at the end ... and I thought Russell was far better. That said ... as of now ... 4 guys better than Quinn as a prospect? Who? I'd take Quinn over Brohm. I think Brohm has a higher floor ... but I think Quinn has a higher upside. Keller? Still think of Andrew Walter too much there. I think there's been a lot of Matt Ryan love and he is arguably in the first round area right now ... but better than Quinn? Let's wait a full season ... Booty? I'll pass on that one. The one I'm still ambivalent about is Brennan. I'll take Woodson over Quinn right now, as I think Woodson's mechanics can be fixed enough. I'm not sure who else would be in the running ... Dixon? Need a full season to judge that.

Is it possible that at the end I may feel 4 QB's are better? Perhaps ... but I find it highly unlikely.

falconsrule
09-17-2007, 07:41 AM
I'm not on the Brohm bandwaggon. What is so great about him. He doesn't have many flaws, injuries being his biggest concern and maybe a system question considering how all of Petrino's QBs perform. But what makes him a number 1 overall caliber prospect? He has no amazing attribute. Vince Young had athleticism and potential. Matt Leinart had the rings. JaMarcus Russell had amazing size and an amazing arm. David Carr and Alex Smith were mobile, uber productive, and in Alex Smith's case a weak class. We all know about Michael Vick.

Other than the Petrino connection (which I don't see as a sufficient reason), I don't know why the Falcons would take him top 5. He doesn't look elite to me, but I've only seen him play a handfull of times. With a QB class featuring Brian Brohm, Andre Woodson, Colt Brennan, Matt Ryan, Chad Henne, and Erik Ainge (some of which will likely slip to round 2) what puts him head and shoulders above the others. Whereas it's clear Darren McFadden is the top runningback prospect, DeSean Jackson is an amazing prospect for a returner/ reciever/ weapon, Jake Long/ Sam Baker are creap of the crop tackles, etc.. Don't get me wrong, we need a QB. But we need a lot of things and the difference between Brian Brohm and Chad Henne seems to be less noticable than the difference between Darren McFadden and James Davis.

I'll have to co-sign on that BamaFalcon.Brohm doesnt look elite to me either.If you put Matt Ryan or Andre Woodson in the Pass-Happy offense that Brohm used to running they would put up if not the same but better numbers than Brohm.Yes the Falcons are in need of a QB but why pass on a "Sure Pick" like McFadden or Dorsey. This is a deep QB class so somebody bound to fall in the secound or third round (Matt Ryan may fall in the 2nd).

P-L
09-17-2007, 01:03 PM
Pesonally, I think Matt Ryan is closer to Brian Brohm than Brian Brohm is to Andre Woodson. I've been telling anyone who would listen that Brohm is overrated since the beginning of last season. I'm glad some others are starting to realize it too.

San Diego Chicken
09-17-2007, 04:29 PM
Pesonally, I think Matt Ryan is closer to Brian Brohm than Brian Brohm is to Andre Woodson. I've been telling anyone who would listen that Brohm is overrated since the beginning of last season. I'm glad some others are starting to realize it too.

What is your reasoning for saying Brohm is overrated? Is it something he hasn't done on the field, or just the typical "every #1 rated senior QB is overrated" sentiment?

P-L
09-17-2007, 05:17 PM
What is your reasoning for saying Brohm is overrated? Is it something he hasn't done on the field, or just the typical "every #1 rated senior QB is overrated" sentiment?

He does everything well, but nothing great. A solid 1st Round prospect at QB, but doesn't have the upside to be the #1 overall pick, or even a top 10 pick. His arm is solid, but nothing special. His accuracy is very good, but I've seen better over the last few years. For playing in the system he does and with the talent he has around him, his numbers haven't been any more impressive than any of the other top quarterbacks. Andre Woodson and Erik Ainge have put up just as good of numbers, if not better, with less talent around them in a much tougher conference. I just never understood all the hype with Brohm. He may not have any major flaws, but he doesn't have any great tools either.

San Diego Chicken
09-17-2007, 05:24 PM
He does everything well, but nothing great. A solid 1st Round prospect at QB, but doesn't have the upside to be the #1 overall pick, or even a top 10 pick. His arm is solid, but nothing special. His accuracy is very good, but I've seen better over the last few years. For playing in the system he does and with the talent he has around him, his numbers haven't been any more impressive than any of the other top quarterbacks. Andre Woodson and Erik Ainge have put up just as good of numbers, if not better, with less talent around them in a much tougher conference. I just never understood all the hype with Brohm. He may not have any major flaws, but he doesn't have any great tools either.

I tend to agree, but there are a few points of contention - first off, it doesn't appear that any of the senior QB's right now, except for maybe Dennis Dixon of Oregon, have elite physical tools like a Russell or Palmer. Also, Todd McShay brought up a good point in regards to Brohm and the system, that this year under a new coach in a different system will be beneficial, because that alleviates some of the concerns that he is a system QB.

frisby213
09-17-2007, 10:03 PM
is it cause he's black?!?! tell the truth..

...um, yeah