PDA

View Full Version : Official SEC Discussion Thread

Don Vito
08-28-2007, 04:49 PM
All the other major confrences have a thread, so the best conference in the country should have one too. For a little bit of information to get it started, I go to Ole Miss and we learned today that it appears DT Jerrell Powe, at one point the #1 recruit in his class, will be academically ineligible yet again (3rd year in a row).

M.O.T.H.
08-28-2007, 06:11 PM
Blake Mitchell is a loser...I'm counting the days until he is gone. Hopefully, Smelley goes off against ULL so, we dont have to play Blake.

Pit Bull #53
08-28-2007, 06:14 PM
Blake Mitchell...lol. He looks like a damn mole.

Anyway, LaMarcus Coker was reinstated onto the team, but won't make the trip to Cal. He wasn't gonna start anyway, but he could have been an asset with his breakaway speed on a number of touches between the 20s. At least he'll be back for the UF game.

themaninblack
08-28-2007, 09:06 PM
im lookin forward to the CAL-UT game this weekend. Georgia-OKST is also on my list of course.

Don Vito
08-29-2007, 10:09 AM
Just got my season tix today. $50 if you are a student.

I thought Coker was off Tennessee for good, like kicked off the team

Pit Bull #53
08-29-2007, 11:32 AM
I thought Coker was off Tennessee for good, like kicked off the team

I thought they had just said suspended indefinately. During the press conference, they said he had "fulfilled his obligations to the team, and was allowed back with the team". I also believe he is meeting with counselors on a regular basis. There was alot of speculation on what he did, but all that was officially released I believe was that it was "personal reasons". I'm pretty sure he had a death in the family recently, and wasn't in class at the start of the semester. There were also rumors of drug use, but just rumors.

RyanLeaf#1
09-03-2007, 04:21 PM
With the lack of offense that V TECH brings LSU is a legit 12.5 point favorite. Is there any chance V TECH starts their freshman qb in this game?

SuperKevin
09-03-2007, 04:35 PM
With the lack of offense that V TECH brings LSU is a legit 12.5 point favorite. Is there any chance V TECH starts their freshman qb in this game?

I doubt they go into the LSU game with a freshman. If anything they'd bring ike Whitaker in first

RyanLeaf#1
09-03-2007, 04:40 PM
I doubt they go into the LSU game with a freshman. If anything they'd bring ike Whitaker in first

How bad is V Techs offense though? If ECU dont throw that interception for a touchdown. ECU has a great chance of winning that game. As far as LSU I cant see them losing this game. Mississippi States defense played good. It just seemed like LSU scored on all of heir turnovers. I wouldnt say V Techs offense is as bad as Miss State because the qb had 6 ints, but V Tech has a really poor offense. I wouldnt be shocked if this line moved up to about 16 before kickoff.

SuperKevin
09-03-2007, 04:42 PM
How bad is V Techs offense though? If ECU dont throw that interception for a touchdown. ECU has a great chance of winning that game. As far as LSU I cant see them losing this game. Mississippi States defense played good. It just seemed like LSU scored on all of heir turnovers. I wouldnt say V Techs offense is as bad as Miss State because the qb had 6 ints, but V Tech has a really poor offense. I wouldnt be shocked if this line moved up to about 16 before kickoff.

VT's offense really isn't that bad. I'm sure this past game was filled with anxiety and emotion which led them to struggle a bit. I would imagine that now that they got this tribute behind them they are going to focus a lot more on football and calm down

RyanLeaf#1
09-03-2007, 04:44 PM
VT's offense really isn't that bad. I'm sure this past game was filled with anxiety and emotion which led them to struggle a bit. I would imagine that now that they got this tribute behind them they are going to focus a lot more on football and calm down

Even if their offense isnt as bad as they played last game. 1) Their starting QB is terrible and 2) They will be going up against an alot harder defense this week.

SuperKevin
09-03-2007, 04:47 PM
Even if their offense isnt as bad as they played last game. 1) Their starting QB is terrible and 2) They will be going up against an alot harder defense this week.

I don't think Glennon is terrible. He might not be a superstar but he's efficient enough to succeed on the college level. I honestly don't think the Les Miles/Gary Crowton conservative playcalling will be able to move the ball on Tech's defense.

RyanLeaf#1
09-03-2007, 04:49 PM
I don't think Glennon is terrible. He might not be a superstar but he's efficient enough to succeed on the college level. I honestly don't think the Les Miles/Gary Crowton conservative playcalling will be able to move the ball on Tech's defense.

Are you saying that VTech is going to upset LSU?

SuperKevin
09-03-2007, 04:50 PM
Are you saying that VTech is going to upset LSU?

I'm saying it definately could happen and this game will be A LOT closer than most people expect it to be.

RyanLeaf#1
09-03-2007, 04:53 PM
I'm saying it definately could happen and this game will be A LOT closer than most people expect it to be.

I will agree with you that it would be closer then people expect if they start their freshman qb.

SuperKevin
09-03-2007, 04:54 PM
I will agree with you that it would be closer then people expect if they start their freshman qb.

You don't put a freshman QB in against a team like LSU for his first ever game. That's ********. Glennon will do just fine

RyanLeaf#1
09-03-2007, 04:57 PM
You don't put a freshman QB in against a team like LSU for his first ever game. That's ********. Glennon will do just fine

Glennon=Garbage

JeffSamardzijaIRISH
09-03-2007, 05:03 PM
Glennon=weathersuck

Practice All-Americans, Worst team All-ACC

RyanLeaf#1
09-03-2007, 05:05 PM
Glennon=weathersuck

Practice All-Americans, Worst team All-ACC

Thankyou for seeing what I see.

JeffSamardzijaIRISH
09-03-2007, 05:09 PM
Thankyou for seeing what I see.

How can you not see that? Glennon misses wide open recievers so much, and he's not mobile at all. Mobile QB's are a better fit to VT's offense, and Glennon's just a sitting duck there behind that poor OL this year. Glennon has almost no arm strength, and it shows on his deep throws, they're very poor. Same with drew weather.. weather... weather..........

RyanLeaf#1
09-03-2007, 05:12 PM
How can you not see that? Glennon misses wide open recievers so much, and he's not mobile at all. Mobile QB's are a better fit to VT's offense, and Glennon's just a sitting duck there behind that poor OL this year. Glennon has almost no arm strength, and it shows on his deep throws, they're very poor. Same with drew weather.. weather... weather..........

Did you see the first offensive play against ECU?

keylime_5
09-03-2007, 05:39 PM
Virginia Tech is certainly overrated. Their defense is worthy, but they have lost 3 games in years when they've had good to great offenses with Randall and Marcus Vick. They should be top 20, but not top 10.

SEC-wise, LSU might be the best defense in the country, but Flynn is not gonna win a national title any time soon, and the rest of their offense is not that great save Doucet. They lost Davis, Russell, Bowe, and Landry all in the first round last year, I don't see them not losing less than 1 or 2 games at least. I think Arkansas might be a surprise team in the SEC this year and have a real shot at going back to the championship game where they will play Georgia, mark it down.

JeffSamardzijaIRISH
09-03-2007, 05:59 PM
Did you see the first offensive play against ECU?

No, but I remember Glennon missing Sam Wheeler a couple times when he was WIDE OPEN. There was some other reciever he missed, can't remember the name.

RyanLeaf#1
09-03-2007, 06:01 PM
No, but I remember Glennon missing Sam Wheeler a couple times when he was WIDE OPEN. There was some other reciever he missed, can't remember the name.

First offensive play of the game Glennon threw it right to the ECU linebacker.

JeffSamardzijaIRISH
09-03-2007, 06:03 PM
First offensive play of the game Glennon threw it right to the ECU linebacker.

Damn, first offensive play a pick...

RyanLeaf#1
09-03-2007, 06:05 PM
Damn, first offensive play a pick...

I mean he threw it right in the chest I was cracking up. Hes terrible.

SuperKevin
09-03-2007, 06:10 PM
I mean he threw it right in the chest I was cracking up. Hes terrible.

I dont know. Maybe he had something else on his mind, like the tragedy that happened and their touching tribute

RyanLeaf#1
09-03-2007, 06:13 PM
I dont know. Maybe he had something else on his mind, like the tragedy that happened and their touching tribute

I think Glennon has had something else on his mind every game he ever played in.

JeffSamardzijaIRISH
09-03-2007, 07:03 PM
I think Glennon has had something else on his mind every game he ever played in.

Isn't Mike Glennon his brother? From his scouting report, he looks much better than Sean.

TitanHope
09-04-2007, 04:19 AM
First offensive play of the game Glennon threw it right to the ECU linebacker...I mean he threw it right in the chest I was cracking up. Hes terrible.

That was mostly a good play by the linebacker, rather than a bad throw from Glennon. Threw it straight at his chest? We must have seen two different plays.

And if you think that their freshman QB gives them a better chance to win than Glennon does, you're on drugs. Tyrod Taylor has a great chance of being overwhelmed by that defense, by that thundering stadium, and under all the pressure. If LSU if favored by 2 TD's with Glennon as QB, then they should be favored by 3+ with Taylor as QB.

TigerBait45
09-04-2007, 10:02 AM
SEC-wise, LSU might be the best defense in the country, but Flynn is not gonna win a national title any time soon, and the rest of their offense is not that great save Doucet. They lost Davis, Russell, Bowe, and Landry all in the first round last year, I don't see them not losing less than 1 or 2 games at least. I think Arkansas might be a surprise team in the SEC this year and have a real shot at going back to the championship game where they will play Georgia, mark it down.

Matt Mauck won a national title, why can't Flynn? LSU has weapons on offense (Brandon LaFell is a really good #2 receiver and there are 4 solid tailbacks they cycle in and out). They have a good enough defense to carry them all season and the offense will eventually gel. I don't think it'll be a juggernaut, but they're good enough on defense to score 17-21 points a game and win.

I can definitely see them dropping a game (at the most. Auburn or Alabama worry me the most right now) but I think they're easily the best team in the SEC right now.

Javzz
09-04-2007, 10:12 AM

Although we may very well be conservative, you really have no substance to back that conclusion.

We played vanilla last week, as Keiland Williams said we used maybe half the offense.

Green Bay Scat
09-04-2007, 04:00 PM
Go Vandy!!!

Titans10
09-04-2007, 05:05 PM
Go Vandy!!!

Hell yeah

Vandy-Bama this weekend, whos everybody got?

Vandy over Bama 27-20

Earl Bennett 8 catches 135 yrds and 2 TDs

SuperKevin
09-04-2007, 11:19 PM
The SEC sure did punk the Big 12 this week knocking off two of the sleeper teams in Oklahoma State and Kansas State

JT Jag
09-09-2007, 12:49 AM
Hell yeah

Vandy-Bama this weekend, whos everybody got?

Vandy over Bama 27-20

Earl Bennett 8 catches 135 yrds and 2 TDsNot. (tenchars)

Green Bay Scat
09-09-2007, 05:19 AM
Vandu Lost to Bama, but from what i heard there were some bogus calls, oh well lets put that behind us and beat Ole Miss. We need to run the tables now if we want to win the SEC. I just want a bowl game, but the Champ is my goal for them.

Also my friend was so drunk tonight, yet hes a ***** when he talks to girls, when im drunk i say stupid ****, but funny stupid ****, hes just stupid. He needs liquid confidence

themaninblack
09-09-2007, 09:25 PM
i hate spurrier.

critesy
09-09-2007, 11:43 PM
i hate brandon cox.

smittyjs
09-10-2007, 08:14 PM
Vandu Lost to Bama, but from what i heard there were some bogus calls, oh well lets put that behind us and beat Ole Miss. We need to run the tables now if we want to win the SEC. I just want a bowl game, but the Champ is my goal for them.

Also my friend was so drunk tonight, yet hes a ***** when he talks to girls, when im drunk i say stupid ****, but funny stupid ****, hes just stupid. He needs liquid confidence
First pass of the game was a bomb to EB which was called back for no reason and a PR for a TD by Alex Washington whic was BS, also Nickson was benched for the second half.

SuperKevin
09-11-2007, 01:08 PM
i expect Alabama to beat Arkansas pretty badly this weekend with Arkansas not having Marcus Monk in the lineup.

yourfavestoner
09-13-2007, 12:18 AM
Matt Mauck won a national title, why can't Flynn? LSU has weapons on offense (Brandon LaFell is a really good #2 receiver and there are 4 solid tailbacks they cycle in and out). They have a good enough defense to carry them all season and the offense will eventually gel. I don't think it'll be a juggernaut, but they're good enough on defense to score 17-21 points a game and win.

I can definitely see them dropping a game (at the most. Auburn or Alabama worry me the most right now) but I think they're easily the best team in the SEC right now.

I personally think that Flynn is a better college quarterback than Russell.

RyanLeaf#1
10-12-2007, 12:42 PM
Sad Story:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3060414

scrylla
10-22-2007, 02:25 PM
How many teams do you guys think we're going to have in the BCS games? I think it's fairly obvious Florida and LSU are locks. What do you think the chances of SCar and UK are? I read somewhere that it might help UK if they don't make the title game because they could still get in a BCS bowl game as a 2 loss team. What do you guys think?

soybean
10-22-2007, 02:30 PM
How many teams do you guys think we're going to have in the BCS games? I think it's fairly obvious Florida and LSU are locks. What do you think the chances of SCar and UK are? I read somewhere that it might help UK if they don't make the title game because they could still get in a BCS bowl game as a 2 loss team. What do you guys think?

you can't have more than 2 teams from the same conference in BCS games.

georgiafan
10-22-2007, 03:22 PM
Florida is far from a lock to get to the BCS game since they have 2 losses allready.

Thanks to Vandy and Bama for getting us back in this thing.

Komp
10-22-2007, 05:49 PM
I personally think that Flynn is a better college quarterback than Russell.

You can't be serious. Flynn averages 180 yds passing and has thrown 8 tds and 5 ints. Hardly JRock numbers....LSU's wideouts aren't as strong as last year but they are still strong.

georgiafan
10-24-2007, 08:22 AM
Georgia may have to pull the redshirt off Caleb King

Don Vito
10-24-2007, 11:10 AM
I saw that the other day and I was curious why that may happen. Didn't Lumpkin come back or is he hurt again? They already have Thomas Brown who is banged up but I thought he was good to go, Moreno has played well, Jason Johnson and a few other guys?

TigerBait45
10-24-2007, 05:36 PM
You can't be serious. Flynn averages 180 yds passing and has thrown 8 tds and 5 ints. Hardly JRock numbers....LSU's wideouts aren't as strong as last year but they are still strong.

Its really not much of a stretch, to be honest. Russell was a hell of a special talent, but he was really..dumb. He made bonehead play after bonehead play and really killed a few games for LSU.

His stats look great, but he put up huge numbers on weak teams.

Flynn is probably better suited for the college game than Russell, especially with the system hes in right now.

Don Vito
10-29-2007, 03:58 PM
Ole Miss suspends SEC sack leader Greg Dardy indefinitely. He is the one of the few bright spots on our team and now he is suspended, hopefully he is back soon.

M.O.T.H.
10-29-2007, 04:24 PM
South Carolina is going to look good sitting atop the SEC next season. Oh it's gonna happen.

Green Bay Scat
10-30-2007, 08:54 PM
South Carolina is going to look good sitting atop the SEC next season. Oh it's gonna happen.

Vandy will look good second fiddle

saintsfan912
10-30-2007, 10:12 PM
SC might be on top of the SEC... EAST. Definitely not the entire SEC cause LSU will still be awesome, maybe even better than this year.

BNad
10-30-2007, 10:15 PM
I saw that the other day and I was curious why that may happen. Didn't Lumpkin come back or is he hurt again? They already have Thomas Brown who is banged up but I thought he was good to go, Moreno has played well, Jason Johnson and a few other guys?

Lumpkin is hurt again. I looked at our depth chart and behind Moreno and Jason Johnson was some FB I've never heard of. I'm hoping we can skate by without having to waste his RS.

yourfavestoner
10-31-2007, 01:46 AM
You guys realize that Florida's entire team is gonna be back next season, plus their last two recruiting classes (best in the nation both years) will have had a year in the system.

Iamcanadian
10-31-2007, 06:53 AM
You guys realize that Florida's entire team is gonna be back next season, plus their last two recruiting classes (best in the nation both years) will have had a year in the system.

I agree, Florida will have a lot of returning starters returning next year unlike this season plus an improved Tebow. They will challenge again for the National Championship. Georgia, Alabama and possibly South Carolina will be the only schools capable of staying with Florida with theie QB's returning.

TigerBait45
10-31-2007, 01:55 PM
SC might be on top of the SEC... EAST. Definitely not the entire SEC cause LSU will still be awesome, maybe even better than this year.

Um. No.

We lose everyone on defense. Next year 3 losses is a distinct possibility.

M.O.T.H.
10-31-2007, 04:12 PM
Gamecocks basically have their entire team back as well...9 starters returning on O and 10 on the defense, including a healthy 5th year Senior, Jasper Brinkley. I'm liking our chances for next year...we just need some consistant play out of the O-Line and QB...Smelley should start the rest of the season...just to get some more experience but, w/e. Should be an interesting competition next season between Smelley and Stephen Garcia. Even if Smelley wins, I'm sure we'll still see a lot of Garcia.

yourfavestoner
10-31-2007, 04:34 PM
Um. No.

Welcome to my life.

M.O.T.H.
10-31-2007, 08:39 PM
Check out the new Munnerlyn sig...the best corner, you've never heard of.

saintsfan912
10-31-2007, 09:42 PM
Um. No.

You do understand that the entire line is back, sans Dorsey. The same line with a ton of depth and freshman that could start this year. The LBs are still gonna be there minus Highsmith. Eugene will be a beast at one corner. Chad Jones will probably be the best safety in the nation next season. There is plenty of talent, don't sell them short dude.

TigerBait45
11-01-2007, 04:27 PM
Florida has talent on defense too.

They've lost 3 games.

Look, I love LSU, but they aren't going to be any better next year. Theres just no way. The defense is going to have lots of talent, but they're all unproven guys.

I'll break it down.

DE-Kirston Pittman-Senior, Gone.
DT-Dorsey-Senior, gone.
DT-Marlon Favorite-Junior
DE-Tyson Jackson-Junior, could declare for the draft
LB-Darry Beckwith-Junior
LB-Ali Highsmith-Senior, gone.
LB-Luke Sanders-Senior, Gone
CB-Jonathon Zenon-gone
CB-Chevis Jackson-gone
S-Craig Steltz-gone
S-whoever.

We're looking at 8 players leaving from a defense. There is no way they'll improve.

srv fan
11-01-2007, 06:08 PM
"You do understand that the entire line is back, sans Dorsey. The LBs are still gonna be there minus Highsmith. The same line with a ton of depth and freshman that could start this year. "

The most dominant defensive player in college football, a guy whose passrushing and disruption are the axis around which the rest of your defense turns, is going to be gone. And your best linebacker. I mean, LSU certainly has a lot of talent stockpiled, the defense will probably be pretty good, but to posit that it will even be in the same league as this year's version is fairly homeristic. Saying the defense will be back "sans Dorsey and Highsmith", with the undertone of oh well its only two players, is like saying the Colts offense will be back... minus Manning and Harrison (hypothetical). Yeah, players are returning, just not the important ones.

M.O.T.H.
11-01-2007, 06:12 PM
pfftt... LSU's D-Line...just wait until the Gamecocks line is comprised of...
Travian Robertson, Kenrick Ellis, Ladi Ajiboye, and Clifton Geathers...now that's beastly. haha.

JT Jag
11-01-2007, 06:50 PM
Alabama will be very strong next year. I see 18 starters/players who have started at least three games coming back next year, not including both the starting kicker and punter.

saintsfan912
11-01-2007, 06:52 PM
Actually Highsmith is NOT our best LB. Darry Beckwith is the 2nd best player on that defense, he just gets no recognition. I don't see Jackson declaring with this semi-down year he is having. He will pull a Dorsey and come back for his senior season. Luke Sanders is nothing to replace, come on in Cutrera or whoever is next. The corners won't be that hard to replace. I mean, I love Chevis and Zenon but they haven't been playing the best ball the past few games. Eugene will prove why he was the best DB coming out of highschool. ****, even Chad Jones could probably play corner if we needed him to.

And where did I say this defense would be better? I'm just stating that there is TONS of great depth on the defense and its possible to be in the same league. NOWHERE did I say they would be better than this year.

neko4
11-01-2007, 06:55 PM
Didnt Woody or Skip say that 07 would be South Carolina's year, 3 years ago. I still somehow remeber that all this time later. i cant remember who said it, just it was said on either Around the Horn of COld Pizza

M.O.T.H.
11-01-2007, 07:42 PM
08 is what i've been waiting for...we'll be in better shape next season and getting Jasper back is just an added bonus.

themaninblack
11-01-2007, 11:22 PM
if nobody declares as a JR for the dawgs we return 9 starters on defense next year. On offense 3 of our olineman are freshman(or RS) with kiante tripp stepping in next year as a soph at RT. Tripp Chandler is only a soph, demiko goodman and mohammed massaqoui seem likely to return. the fury of knowshon and caleb king will be unleashed, brannan southerland may be back to pave the way for them. this team could be poised to make a run if they don't do it this year.

georgiafan
11-02-2007, 07:38 AM
I doubt any UGA players leave early for the draft

themaninblack
11-02-2007, 08:18 AM
i agree completely.

BNad
11-02-2007, 08:52 AM
Yeah I'm excited for next year. Good thing I slacked off and won't graduate until after the season so I get student tickets. :)

GO DAWGS

saintsfan912
11-02-2007, 10:51 AM
I'm actually scared of playing UGA in the SEC title game than any other East team. I watched a few games and they look really good, don't know if I just caught the few great games they played or not. Stafford looks like a beast and so does Moreno.

georgiafan
11-02-2007, 12:26 PM
I'm actually scared of playing UGA in the SEC title game than any other East team. I watched a few games and they look really good, don't know if I just caught the few great games they played or not. Stafford looks like a beast and so does Moreno.

Like just about every SEC team this year we have looked great some games and terrible at other times. Our offense is getting better every game and that is to be expected with 3 freshman OL, freshman HB and sophmore QB. The key to offense is Moreno who has over 1,000 yards while splitting carries with Thomas Brown until the last 2 games. The UF game showed how good Stafford can be with a little help from the skill players. Stafford hasn't played perfect, but he is improving every game and thats all you can ask for with a young QB. His has thrown 13 TD and 5 Int. so thats a big step in the right direction. Our defense and WR still scare me though.

themaninblack
11-02-2007, 02:12 PM
the WR worry you? i think they are pretty good, not great, but definetly serviceable. The defense has improved vastly this season and remember that many of them are underclassmen so i only expect them to get better.

georgiafan
11-02-2007, 09:47 PM
The WR's have improved catching the ball from last year. I still don't like the "WR by committe" that we are doing and Sean Bailey isn't at 100%. The biggest thing is that they get no separtion from DB. Every time Stafford makes a pass he has to be perfect since a CB is right behind the WR.

Cashmoney
11-03-2007, 12:18 AM
Lamarcus coker was dismissed from UT for failing his fourth drug test according to ESPN.com

themaninblack
11-03-2007, 01:26 AM
The WR's have improved catching the ball from last year. I still don't like the "WR by committe" that we are doing and Sean Bailey isn't at 100%. The biggest thing is that they get no separtion from DB. Every time Stafford makes a pass he has to be perfect since a CB is right behind the WR.

i agree but i think they have some promise. massaqoui could be great and demiko goodman can fly. i like what i see from tony wilson as well.

M.O.T.H.
11-29-2007, 12:23 PM
Rivals All-SEC team...

http://collegefootball.rivals.com/content.asp?SID=1144&CID=744690

My Gamecocks...had Munnerlyn, Cook, and Mckinley. Cook should have been on the first team.

georgiafan
11-29-2007, 12:38 PM
Georgia had Moreno,Geno Atkens, Mikey Henderson and Dannell Ellerbe I figured to see a OL on the list.

Don Vito
11-29-2007, 02:45 PM
I <3 Greg Hardy