nobodyinparticular
08-28-2007, 07:03 PM
Alright people. Quick explanation of this thread:

Right now we have 4 teams accounted for in the power rankings:

32. Oakland Raiders
31. Cleveland Browns
30. Atlanta Falcons
29. Kansas City Chiefs

I want to make sure I get the options in there that everyone here wants for the next couple polls.

So just give a list of the next 8 teams after these guys. Ranking doesn't really matter, I'll just take the teams that appear the most.

Ex:

I think the next worst teams are:

Miami Dolphins
Minnesota Vikings
Detroit Lions
Arizona Cardinals
New York Giants
Dallas Cowboys
Washington Redskins
Philadelphia Eagles

Have fun and I hope to get a good amount of nominations in within the next few hours so that I can put up the new poll by 9pm PDT.

*Edit* This will also help me set up the next couple polls following the #28 poll because I will use the runners up to fill in the spots left open from the poll choices taken out of the field.

Tallies:

Miami Dolphins: 10
Tampa Bay Buccaneers: 10
Tennessee Titans: 10
New York Giants: 9
Minnesota Vikings: 9
Arizona Cardinals: 7
Houston Texans: 6
Buffalo Bills: 5
Detroit Lions: 2
San Francisco 49ers: 1

neko4
08-28-2007, 07:06 PM
Miami
Detroit
New York G
Minnesota
Arizona
Houston
Tampa Bay
Tennessee

nobodyinparticular
08-28-2007, 07:10 PM
I'm keeping tallies in my first post. If someone wants to help, it would be greatly appreciated.

Brodeur
08-28-2007, 10:29 PM
Tennessee
Miami
Detroit
Arizona
Minnesota
Tampa Bay
Houston
San Francisco

Shiver
08-28-2007, 10:33 PM
Next worse teams:

Miami
Minnesota
Tampa Bay
Tennessee
New York (Giants)
Buffalo
Arizona

Jensen
08-28-2007, 10:38 PM
Miami Dolphins
New York Giants
Cleveland Browns
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Tennessee Titans
Atlanta Falcons
Minnesota Vikings
Houston Texans

princefielder28
08-28-2007, 10:48 PM
Houston Texans
new York Giants
Tennessee Titans
Tampa Bay Bucs
Miami Dolphins
Minnesota Vikings
Buffalo Bills
Arizona Cardinals

Average OT LB
08-28-2007, 10:56 PM
Houston
Buccaneers
Miami
Bils
Vikings
Titans
Arizona
Giants

nobodyinparticular
08-28-2007, 11:10 PM
Four unanimous picks so far.

TimD
08-28-2007, 11:11 PM
Buc
Texans
'Phins
Vikings
Cards
G-men
Titans
Bills

nobodyinparticular
08-28-2007, 11:15 PM
Buc
Texans
'Phins
Vikings
Cards
G-men
Titans
Bills

Added to the rankings. No change in the order.

comahan
08-29-2007, 09:55 AM
Miami
Tampa
Tennessee
Minnesota
Buffalo
NYG
Arizona

KILLERSANTA
08-29-2007, 10:24 AM
Miami Dolphins
Minnesota Vikings
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Tennessee Titans
New York Giants

diabsoule
08-29-2007, 11:52 AM
28. Miami Dolphins - They have an aging defense along with an old QB that is playing behind a line that I don't think will be able to protect Trent Green that much. They released Randy McMichael, who was a very effective TE, and replaced him with David Martin, which I consider a downgrade. They have a new head coach, and while that will at times play into the equation, I just do not see Cam Cameron having the same success with the Dolphins as he did as an offensive coordinator in San Diego.

27. Tennessee Titans - The Titans are a solid team on defense. They made some decent additions through free agency and the draft on that side of the ball which can only help. It is their offense, however, that I skeptical of. Vince Young is a playmaker and should continue to make his fair share of plays but he will have to do that without an impressive array of wide receivers and without a solid running back. Last year Travis Henry was able to take some of the load off of Young's shoulders but this year they will have to depend on perpetually injured Chris Brown, the seemingly unmotivated LenDale White, and rookie Chris Henry. Losing Drew Bennett will hurt this team as they now have to lean on veteran WR Eric Moulds, third year Brandon Jones, and more than likely rookie Paul Williams. I just do not see the Titans having the amount of success they had last year this year.

26. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - I believe this will be Jon Gruden's last year in TB and that means good news for Bucs fans, in my opinion. I really liked Tampa's draft this year but there will be growing pains with DE Gaines Adams. OG Arron Sears will only help their offensive line. Tanard Jackson, Quincy Black, and Sabby Piscitelli are all future starters for this team. However, this is about this year and not the future. Last year Tampa Bay had six rushing TD's and of those six, recently retired Mike Alstott accounted for three of them. Jeff Garcia turned 37 this year and you have to wonder when he will start breaking down. Behind him the team has Chris Simms, who kept throwing the ball at the offensive lines helmets last year, and Bruce Gradkowski. This is also counted on the seemingly ageless Joey Galloway to help their vertical game but behind him the depth is Maurice Stovall, Michael Clayton, Ike Hilliard, and David Boston. Not necessarily a group that inspires the utmost confidence. This team should be picking in the top 10 again this year when it comes back to draft time.

25. New York Giants - I know each year the same phrase is repeated but this year should be the year that Eli Manning emerges. He will have to be relied on more now that Tiki Barber is gone and I think he will become a better QB. That is where the buck stops for the G-Men. The loss of Tiki will especially hurt the running game as I do not think Brandon Jacobs is an every down back and Reuben Droughns will not be able to help balance the rushing attack. Losing left tackle Luke Petitgout though will hurt a lot and I do not think they will be able to adequately replace him which will be detrimental to this team. On defense, the Giants have a pretty good front seven but their secondary will be highly suspect again.

Sveen
08-29-2007, 02:12 PM
Minnesota Vikings
New York Giants
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Houston Texans
Washington Redskins
Miami Dolphins
Detroit Lions
Arizona Cardinals

nobodyinparticular
08-29-2007, 03:26 PM
Ok, poll is going up in the next couple minutes.

Jonny
08-29-2007, 04:56 PM
Giants shouldn't be anywhere near this list.

Dolphins
Bucs
Vikings
Cardinals
Packers
Lions
Jets
Texans