PDA

View Full Version : News & Notes...

PalmerToCJ
08-28-2007, 10:48 PM
All via Bengals.com, figured I'd make cliff notes.

Carson and Thornton have been named the captains, says a lot about Carson with Levi/Willie on offense as well. Carson's one of the youngest starters on offense and already the captain, I still remember them questioning his leadership before he was drafted.

Willie Anderson will be back at practice this week! Levi's knee was fine after the game as well, GREAT news on that front although Whitworth has looked great.

David Pollack has been placed on the PUP... NOT the IR. This seems to show there's still some hope.

The pass rush has been great, even shows in the numbers... Our 11 sacks are tied for the second and in run D we're second as well (granted our pass D is looking terrible).

PalmerToCJ
08-29-2007, 03:11 PM
Bleh... And now for some not so good news...

Antonio Chatman and Ethan Kilmer are both on the PUP.

Johnathan Joseph is back in a boot, says he'll be ready for the opener though.

Rashad Jeanty had a "procedure" and it doesn't look like he'll be ready for the opener.

Chris Perry is supposedly further along now than he was last year and had a good workout, seems like he may not be PUP bound, that would be a big boost.

Brazell, Dexter Jackson and Frostee Rucker won't dress for Friday. Geathers and Glenn Holt will play.

themaninblack
08-29-2007, 10:26 PM
is it true frostee got suspended?

PalmerToCJ
08-29-2007, 10:27 PM
Yeah, for one game but he's not healthy at this point anyway. I heard he's appealing but it would be in his best interest to just drop it IMO.

themaninblack
08-30-2007, 12:21 AM
ya im sure this is gonna be just another joke for other idiots around the NFL.

themaninblack
08-30-2007, 09:28 AM
the official bengals message board pisses me off. they are already calling ahmad brooks a bust!

PalmerToCJ
08-30-2007, 10:25 AM
There are some mental fans out there, I've already seen plenty of people saying Ahmad was a wasted pick... The guy has started 5 games, had one double digit tackle game and a sack in the other.

themaninblack
08-30-2007, 05:32 PM
ya that place pretty much sucks too.

KCJ58
09-02-2007, 07:03 PM
u guys got Ryan Fitzpatrick from the Rams for a 2008 draft choice

themaninblack
09-02-2007, 09:46 PM
we also picked up anthony schlegel.