Baltimore at Atlanta 7:30 PM
Indianapolis at Cincinnati 7:30 PM

Crazy_Chris
08-29-2007, 04:55 AM
no nationally televised games.... damn

The Unseen
08-29-2007, 05:37 AM
no nationally televised games.... damn

'Cause everyone knows the fourth game is crap.

Iamcanadian
08-29-2007, 06:05 AM
Most NFL teams use the 4th exhibition game as there veteran's game. It is usually the one exhibition game where the veterans get to play a lot. The reasons are simple. HC's hate to expose their veterans to injury and play them very little in most preseason games. They often choose the 4th game because it gives the players 2 weeks to recover from injuries before opening the season. I'll be pissed if there are no games to watch as the 4th exhibition game is the only one worth watching before the season starts.

thule
08-29-2007, 06:32 AM
I'll be in Minnesota for the Cowboys game...:)

WMD
08-29-2007, 06:36 AM
Huh.. The Third Preseason game is the one where the Starters play the most. In the fourth game, the Starters will probably only play a series or two. They got through the majority of the preseason without a major injury, so why risk it?

Vikes99ej
08-29-2007, 07:31 AM

Boy, you're sure in for a show. Brooks Bollinger vs. Brad Johnson.

skinzzfan25
08-30-2007, 05:50 PM
Great, just heard on Comcast sports net, about 6 inches of rain is predicted for the Jacksonville area, probably no Portis and little to no Campbell.

Boston
08-30-2007, 05:52 PM

I'm sorry you'll have to be in the Metrodome. But do try and enjoy the game.

princefielder28
08-30-2007, 06:12 PM
I'm sorry you'll have to be in the Metrodome. But do try and enjoy the game.

it's tough with that annoying horn

SuperMcGee
08-30-2007, 06:16 PM
4 carries for 1 yard so far. The running game amazement continues (with apologies to Fred Jackson).

Wow that was a great catch by Peerless. They ruled it incomplete but replay showed he had both feet in. JP looked good on that drive, short as it was.

Fun Fact: Detroit and Buffalo are the two poorest large cities in the country!

SuperMcGee
08-30-2007, 06:29 PM
Lynch shows life, excellent moves after a catch for 14 yards followed by a 9 yard run.

....and then back to what we've seen

remix 6
08-30-2007, 07:09 PM
Giants are proud to be up 7-0 ..BARELY (had to go on 4th down to score)

against Patriots 2nd/3rd team

comahan
08-30-2007, 07:20 PM
Jacoby Jones and Jamar Fletcher!

-__-

nobodyinparticular
08-30-2007, 07:23 PM
This Raider game will determine McCown vs. Culpepper and a couple other key battles for the Raiders.

1. Starting QB--McCown vs. Culpepper:
McCown has been solid throughout the preseason. He hasn't made mistakes and as such has felt no highs or lows from game to game. He hasn't made many great plays at all, but he is the most mobile of the 3 QBs on the Raiders' roster. That said, consistently mediocre is of no use at all.
Culpepper has had his good games and bad games. He has the better deep accuracy of the two QBs still vying for the starting spot, but he has made his share of mistakes. He continues to be plagued with bad center exchanges--the only one of the 3 QBs to do so--and head coach Lane Kiffin will not put up mistakes this year. That is doubly true for unforced errors (idiot mistakes) like fumbling or bobbling the snaps. All eyes will be on who makes the deep throws, the 1st downs and who minimizes the mistakes.

2. Backup RB--Justin Fargas vs. Adimchinobe Echemandu (Etch-a-Sketch): Fargas returns this season as the leading rusher from the Raiders' 2006 team.
Echemandu comes in as a perennial also-ran, a practice squad RB. However, Etch-a-Sketch flourished in training camp behind the newly refurbished offensive line in a new zone blocking cut back scheme. FB Justin Griffith, who has experience in the same running scheme from his days in Atlanta, said that Echemandu is the only RB he has seen immediately take to the cutback system. "He's a natural," says Griffith. Etch-a-Sketch has not been a letdown in the preason either, providing a big play on screens and runs every game so far.
Fargas, on the other hand, has had a solid preseason and is the only Raider running back with the speed to be a home run threat out of the backfield. Look for both backs to get extended time in the game as Jordan and Rhodes (who will be suspended the first 4 games of the season) will receive a couple token carries and then watch from the sidelines the rest of the year. There is question, however, if his attacking style of running suits the patient, wait for the right hole, cutback style of the Raiders.

This battle will also have a great effect on what the team chooses to do with Michael Bush in regards to the PUP and the IR. If either or both of these players struggle, the Raiders may activate Bush from the PUP in the middle of the season, but if the Raiders are comfortable with right RBs after Rhodes comes back from his suspension, you will likely see Bush placed on the injured reserve, regardless of his actual health.

3. WR #3--Mike Williams, Travis Taylor, Johnnie Lee Higgins:
Mike Williams comes to the Raiders on the heels of two seasons of underperforming for the Detroit Lions after they made him 10th overall pick in the 2005 draft. Williams, however, has the advantage of being tailor made for coach Kiffin's offensive system and would make for a great red zone threat and safety valve for whoever lines up under center. He is still a little overweight and doesn't get great separation, but he has shown that he has great concentration catching in traffic and can leap over defenders for the jump ball and fade route in the endzone.
Travis Taylor also comes into the season as a first-year Raider and a 1st round disappointment to this point in his career. With that said, he still has more career receptions than any other Raider and his skillset should fit well as a good possession/slot receiver in Kiffin's offense. The only problem is that so far his hands have proven to be suspect at best and if he continues to be plagued by the 'dropsies' he may not only see a drop down in the depth chart, but he may also be dropped from the Raiders' roster entirely. The wild card in this mix is rookie receiver
Johnnie Lee Higgins who was the final 3rd round pick of the Raiders and the final draft pick on the Day 1. Like RB Justin Fargas, Higgins brings the speed and home run ability that the rest of the Raiders' roster lacks. He has great hands and amazing game speed. While the speed of Higgins is a great draw, it's the versatility that he brings to the table that may make Kiffin drool. As shown in last week's preseason game against the Rams, Higgins can be used very effectively on WR end around plays, drag routes, slant routes and deep seam routes. The ability to stretch the defense to open up the underneath routes should not be underestimated. This battle will be determined on who doesn't make the mistakes. If Williams and Taylor continue to struggle with dropping passes, look for the rookie to get the most time in the regular season. All three wide receivers should get a long look in a game that will see starters Jerry Porter and Ronald Curry out of the game after the first offensive series.

4. Starting C--Jeremy Newberry vs. Jake Grove:
Jake Grove was the 2nd round pick of the Oakland Raiders in the 2004 draft that was supposed to bring about a new era in the Raiders offensive line that would see Robert Gallery and Jake Grove anchor the line for a decade to come. As everyone knows, that hasn't happened. As much as has been made about Gallery's lack of performance, Grove has performed just as poorly. When Grove was not being man handled by opposing tackles he was standing still while watching the MLB blitz right past him to hit the QB before he could reach the top of his drop. But that was last year with the terrible trio of Shell, Eatman and Slater, and--to his credit--Grove has looked much more comfortable in the new scheme that was set in place by the new trio of coaches--Kiffin, Knapp and Cable.
Jeremy Newberry, like many others fighting for starting spots on the offense, is a first year Raider. He comes to the Silver and Black after a great Pro Bowl career across the Bay. The only problem is that those Pro Bowl days are many seasons and many knee injuries behind him. This year, however, he has come to Oakland more healthy than he has been in years. With experience in offensive coordinator Greg Knapp's system in San Francisco and Tom Cable's system at Cal Berkley, Newberry feels right at home in Oakland. He also brings a nastiness to a Raiders' offensive line that has been lacking for years. Raider coaches will look to see who shows the best strength at the point of attack and who handles the center exchanges the best. Don't underestimate the importance of calling protection schemes for the offensive line either.

GB12
08-30-2007, 07:23 PM
Favre is on tonight. 8/10 82 yards 1 TD 0 INT. One of the incompletions was a total drop by Wynn too, hit him right in the hands.

remix 6
08-30-2007, 07:35 PM
Giants losing 10-7 to Patriots 2nd team

their 1st O scored on first driveo n 4th down inside 1 and their 1st D is terrible :\

GB12
08-30-2007, 07:37 PM
http://i.a.cnn.net/si/football/2007/draft/players/images/160x260/jones_james.jpg

BEAST

Wootylicous
08-30-2007, 07:41 PM
CJ Mosley is on fire !!!

P01ntb1ank
08-30-2007, 08:15 PM
ready for a shocking score?

Browns 19 Bears 0

nobodyinparticular
08-30-2007, 08:19 PM
ready for a shocking score?

Browns 19 Bears 0

I think the only time the results of the final game of the preseason mattered was last year's Raiders who had won 4 in a row and then got creamed by the Seahawks to end the exhibition season. Other than that, it really isn't a showing of the true team.

scottyboy
08-30-2007, 08:30 PM
Giants losing 10-7 to Patriots 2nd team

their 1st O scored on first driveo n 4th down inside 1 and their 1st D is terrible :\

alot of it is their 2nd D, at least the TD drive was...

can the Giants trade their 2nd team Oline for a Krispy Kreme restaraunt, and use that to beef up Lorenzen to play our entire backup OLine...

Pit Bull #53
08-30-2007, 08:37 PM
HAHAHA that was awesome. Justin Harrell is the man

P01ntb1ank
08-30-2007, 08:40 PM
I think the only time the results of the final game of the preseason mattered was last year's Raiders who had won 4 in a row and then got creamed by the Seahawks to end the exhibition season. Other than that, it really isn't a showing of the true team.

Well ya im not expecting anything major out of this team. Its just nice to be in the lead for once. Lets see if they can hold it through the second half because thats usually where they falter.

princefielder28
08-30-2007, 08:54 PM
Brady Quinn throws a pick!

Bem1
08-30-2007, 08:58 PM
^^^it was a tipped pass

OzTitan
08-30-2007, 09:04 PM
Titans 1sts looked GREAT!!!*

*against Packers 2nd+ teams.

Pit Bull #53
08-30-2007, 09:09 PM
Chris Davis looked alot like Pacman there*

*Only slower

Boston
08-30-2007, 09:11 PM
This is a pretty boring game to watch as a Packer fan. I don't think half of our starters even started the game...

Borat
08-30-2007, 09:23 PM
Listening to preseason announcers really makes you respect the regular season announcers. Some of these clowns should never, EVER be allowed to speak. Ever.

Windy
08-30-2007, 09:24 PM
Higgins MVP

Borat
08-30-2007, 09:31 PM
Uh oh. Vernon Davis with a first down and he just did the Shawn Merriman dance. The announcers are throwing a fit. This is pretty funny.

WMD
08-30-2007, 09:32 PM
Uh oh. Vernon Davis with a first down and he just did the Shawn Merriman dance. The announcers are throwing a fit. This is pretty funny.

Hahahaha!! I need to see that!!!!!

NIN1984
08-30-2007, 09:33 PM
Yeah the announcers sound pissed, VD is trying to have a little fun

Borat
08-30-2007, 09:33 PM
They're former teammates. I'm sure they're both laughing about it. But the media will blow it out of proportion.

WMD
08-30-2007, 09:34 PM
Dammit.. my NFL Network is blacked out, and it's supposed to be showing San Diego/San Fran. This is the worst moment of my life.

nobodyinparticular
08-30-2007, 09:51 PM
Dammit.. my NFL Network is blacked out, and it's supposed to be showing San Diego/San Fran. This is the worst moment of my life.

What about that time I forgot to tell you I have crabs so you got the worst outbreak ever imaginable since you already had... well... you know...

Bills2083
08-30-2007, 09:55 PM
Fred Jackson is a beast. I have no idea how he spent the last few years on the Practice Squad. He'll be the next Jason Peters.

nobodyinparticular
08-30-2007, 10:41 PM
Ugh, I really hope McCown doesn't start the season. He looks terrible.

WMD
08-30-2007, 10:43 PM
What about that time I forgot to tell you I have crabs so you got the worst outbreak ever imaginable since you already had... well... you know...

Nope, this is much, much worse.. it burns a lot more.

soybean
08-30-2007, 10:45 PM
Nope, this is much, much worse.. it burns a lot more.

it's not on cbs for you?

Mr. Stiller
08-30-2007, 10:55 PM
Steelers force Carolina into 5 turnovers.. very interesting game... They're going to be tough and Gritty..

I'm excited to see 4 quarters of the first team

diabsoule
08-31-2007, 12:29 AM
Pierre Thomas, an undrafted rookie out of Illinois, looks like he has played himself into a position with some team, whether it is with the Saints, the team he signed with, or not. He's got some speed on him, isn't afraid to deliver a hit, and can bruise people inside the tackles.
As of now he looks to be the better back for the Saints to keep instead of them keeping Antonio Pittman.

Auron
08-31-2007, 12:49 AM
Pierre Thomas, an undrafted rookie out of Illinois, looks like he has played himself into a position with some team, whether it is with the Saints, the team he signed with, or not. He's got some speed on him, isn't afraid to deliver a hit, and can bruise people inside the tackles.
As of now he looks to be the better back for the Saints to keep instead of them keeping Antonio Pittman.

I agree Pierre Thomas has looked impressive, the last 2 games Thomas has rushed for 171 yards, with 3 TDs, had 2 receptions for 47 yards, and on top of that added a 35 yard kick return.

He kind of reminds me of a poor man's Reggie Bush. They have a similar build, and Pierre has somewhat of a similar skill-set except to a lesser degree. He's a shifty, elusive back, who never gives up on a play.

I believe he's done enough to make the team, except I think it will be Stecker that gets cut instead of Pittman. I just don't see this coaching staff giving up on Pittman yet because they gave up draft picks to move up and acquire him.

Flyboy
08-31-2007, 12:57 AM
I'd be happy to give up Stecker to a team (like the Bengals perhaps) for a 5th rounder or so.

Geo
08-31-2007, 07:52 PM
I heart Dante Hughes.

soybean
08-31-2007, 10:10 PM
alright all you falcon fans always talking **** on bush. Your boy jerious norwood had 8 carries for 3 yards today.

i don't care if it's 1 vs. 11 you do not average .4 yards for anything.

Shiver
08-31-2007, 10:15 PM
alright all you falcon fans always talking **** on bush. Your boy jerious norwood had 8 carries for 3 yards today.

i don't care if it's 1 vs. 11 you do not average .4 yards for anything.

Are you serious? Who had eighty more yards on fifty less carries last year?

soybean
08-31-2007, 10:28 PM
Are you serious? Who had eighty more yards on fifty less carries last year?

stop living in the past.

Vikes99ej
08-31-2007, 10:41 PM
stop living in the past.

Wow, you are the Hank Aaron of comeback makers.

soybean
08-31-2007, 10:44 PM
Wow, you are the Hank Aaron of comeback makers.

it sounded funny when i said it out loud.

Shiver
09-01-2007, 12:31 AM
I think the fact that Bush is even compared to Norwood and Jones-Drew is sad. Isn't Reggie Bush getting 50+ Million from his contract, tons of hype and gaudy off the field marketing and the dollars that brings? It's pretty sad that people are so insecure about his abilities they have to slight Norwood and Jones-Drew, for pre-season games at that.

soybean
09-01-2007, 12:38 AM
I think the fact that Bush is even compared to Norwood and Jones-Drew is sad. Isn't Reggie Bush getting 50+ Million from his contract, tons of hype and gaudy off the field marketing and the dollars that brings? It's pretty sad that people are so insecure about his abilities they have to slight Norwood and Jones-Drew, for pre-season games at that.

in all fairness though, leading up to the draft and season, he more than deserved the hype he was getting. He obliterated anyone he faced in college.

Shiver
09-01-2007, 12:42 AM
True, but as an NFL player he has more to prove before he gets his bust for Canton, and he would've been lousy in Houston's situation. That's all I have ever said. If you are thinking of a Falcons fan who hates him it is Oxy... LOL I give him kudos though, he hated Bush well before he was a Saint, back when the Texans were surely going to take him.

soybean
09-01-2007, 01:02 AM
the thing im puzzled with is: where the hell did maurice drew come from? I loved him coming out of UCLA but he wasn't even THAT good. He was known for his punt returns but even the UCLA staff admitted that chris markey was the better rb.

i guess it just shows how far work ethic can get you.

Shiver
09-01-2007, 01:04 AM
The thing about Maurice Jones-Drew is I'm not sure he will ever be able to top his rookie season.

nobodyinparticular
09-01-2007, 01:55 AM
it sounded funny when i said it out loud.

As a Raider fan who hears that all the time, I find it hilarious.