PDA

View Full Version : Cal vs. Tennessee

soybean
08-29-2007, 02:48 PM
who ya got?

i was gonna do a pick em' thread but everyone else has a cupcake opponent.

i go cal. justin forsett+jahvid best+longshore+jackson= nasty.

KCJ58
08-29-2007, 02:49 PM
Craig Stevens will catch a touchdown pass mark it down

Turtlepower
08-29-2007, 02:50 PM
Cal will win. SEC home-field advantage was a huge reason for that win and Desean Jackson will smoke Tennessee.

JeffSamardzijaIRISH
08-29-2007, 02:56 PM
I got Cal. Last year Longshore was a first year starter, and you could tell in that game that he was lost. This year's gonna be real different. DeSean gonna burn these guys for 100+ recieving and a PR TD.

Im_a_Romosexual
08-29-2007, 03:12 PM
Tennessee. I think Cal is the better team, but Tennessee finds a way to win.

neko4
08-29-2007, 03:37 PM
I'll go w/ the philosophy i got with almost everygame involving an SEC team, SEC Dominance

RyanLeaf#1
08-29-2007, 03:44 PM
Have to study this one a little bit, but I always end up pullin for Ainge. But I have to look into this game a little more.

OhioState
08-29-2007, 04:58 PM
Tennesse, i just have a feeling

duckseason
08-29-2007, 05:28 PM
Given the Vol's losses both up front and at the corner positions, along with the revenge factor of which the flames will only be stoked by playing at home, I'm expecting Cal's offense to light up the scoreboard with myriad big plays. Whether or not Tennessee will be able to keep up is debatable, and I don't doubt their capability. Especially considering that Cal lost just as much from their defense of a year ago. Like most games, this will come down to who comes out with more fire and who wins the turnover battle. All things considered, this is a pretty even matchup on paper. But I've got to give the edge to Cal. We all saw how big a factor home field advantage was in this game last year. And you've got to give them the edge with the special teams.

My prediction-

Cal 34 Vols 27

doingthisinsteadofwork
08-29-2007, 07:02 PM
who ya got?

i was gonna do a pick em' thread but everyone else has a cupcake opponent.

i go cal. justin forsett+jahvid best+longshore+jackson= nasty.Montgomery is 2nd on the depth chart and Best is 3rd.
And yes I'll say Cal.

23trufant
08-29-2007, 07:07 PM
Would have gone Tennesse but Ainge broke his pinky and he hasnt been playing so im going with CAL

TouchdownUSC
08-29-2007, 07:36 PM
i think Cal will win this one by a couple of scores. too many weapons

Canadian_kid16
08-29-2007, 08:04 PM
31-21 Tenn is my prediction

etk
08-30-2007, 08:36 AM
I think Cal is overrated, gimme Tennessee. Is Eric Berry starting?

volman88
08-30-2007, 12:06 PM
I think that so much has been said about desean jackson that the tennessee secondary will make him a non factor, but I believe it will be close, but you know i gotta go with my vols winning.

24-28 vols

duckseason
08-30-2007, 12:26 PM
I think that so much has been said about desean jackson that the tennessee secondary will make him a non factor, but I believe it will be close, but you know i gotta go with my vols winning.

24-28 vols

That would be quite the accomplishment. Especially considering their lack of game experience. If they do shut him down, it'll likely be at great cost. Hefney can't do it all and the others are mostly unproven. Cal does have other legitimate weapons and Longshore is savvy enough to take what the defense gives him. And let's not forget about Justin Forsett. The loss of Turk McBride and Justin Harrell in the middle is big. I love the Vols' LB corps, but they can't do it all. I guess we'll see if some of the new guys step up, but for the first game of the season to be clear across the country against one the nations best offenses, I have my doubts. Tennessee's offense needs to be sharp in this one and I think will definitely need to win the turnover battle in order to pull out the win.

I think the biggest factor of all is the game last year and how the Cal players feel about it. If you listen to them talk about it, they are still very heated. It's all they heard about all last season and throughout the summer. They want nothing more than redemption. I expect to see a very fired up Cal team, and we'll just have to see if the Vols can match that energy.

08-30-2007, 12:38 PM
I think Cal is overrated, gimme Tennessee. Is Eric Berry starting?

cal is not overrated if anything they are underrated cuz they are not yet considered an elite football program..i got cal and desean will light em up cuz i hear the SEC likes to play a lot of man to man coverage

etk
08-30-2007, 12:45 PM
cal is not overrated if anything they are underrated cuz they are not yet considered an elite football program..i got cal and desean will light em up cuz i hear the SEC likes to play a lot of man to man coverage

You are entitled to your opinion, but I respectfully disagree. Cal lost 23 lettermen and has only 13 returning starters. They also have the toughest schedule of the big Pac 10 programs. I don't think Forsett is the answer this year and Longshore is inconsistent. Their receiving corps can't do it all, while the defense is young facing an experienced Senior QB in Ainge. I think Cal will be lucky to finish 4th in the Pac-10 and could be facing a disappointing year with all the hype they're getting.

Cashmoney
08-30-2007, 03:54 PM
gotta go with the vols on this one. they usually always win their opener plus they always do better when less is expected of them. plus we should be able to stop jackson like we stopped marshawn last year.

JeffSamardzijaIRISH
08-30-2007, 05:29 PM
You are entitled to your opinion, but I respectfully disagree. Cal lost 23 lettermen and has only 13 returning starters. They also have the toughest schedule of the big Pac 10 programs. I don't think Forsett is the answer this year and Longshore is inconsistent. Their receiving corps can't do it all, while the defense is young facing an experienced Senior QB in Ainge. I think Cal will be lucky to finish 4th in the Pac-10 and could be facing a disappointing year with all the hype they're getting.

Mr. Ainge has a broken pinky. That may be the little edge Cal needs to rip this team apart.

Michigan
08-30-2007, 06:32 PM
I'm goin 28-24 Tennessee. They're about even on paper, but the image of last year's complete domination is still lingering in my head.

doingthisinsteadofwork
08-30-2007, 06:32 PM
Except for the fact that Forsett has already proven to be a good college RB and we have other RBs that are highly talented.(Montgomery,Best,and Slocum)Not to mention our offense was never that reliant on Marshawn Lynch in the first place.If anything our offense will be better than last years due to the fact that we will be going back to the offense we ran before last year which relied soley on the play,had no consistency and relied on Desean Jackson fro the most part.With this offense we will be able to get better production both our of the Longshore and our other WRs that are not Desean Jackson.

mqtirishfan
08-30-2007, 06:37 PM
Tennessee. I think Berry starts and shows right away he'll be a top CB in the NCAA ranks.

Sniper
08-30-2007, 07:22 PM
Cal is my pick

volman88
08-30-2007, 11:43 PM
Ainge's broken pinky will not be a factor.

Sniper
08-31-2007, 02:02 AM
Ainge's broken pinky will not be a factor.

You're right...he's so vastly overrated it doesn't matter, Cal will win.

TitanHope
08-31-2007, 03:10 PM
They're pretty even, and both programs lost a bit of talent last year. And Eric Berry is listed as the 3rd CB on the depth chart.

I have Tennessee winning, homerism aside. I like Tennessee's front 7 more than California's, and I like Tennessee's offensive line a little bit more, though Cal has a stud at center. Desean Jackson will have a big play, and I don't think that's questionable. But, I like the TN RB's against the Cal defense more than the Cal RB's against the TN defense. TN just manhandled Cal with their physicality. Longshore was scrambling or dodging TN linemen for most of the game, and Lynch nor Forsett couldn't run well either. If TN gets momentum, despite being away from Knoxville, it could mean trouble for Cal. I think it will be a great game though. Having a party just for it.

24-19, Tennessee over California.

doingthisinsteadofwork
08-31-2007, 06:52 PM
They're pretty even, and both programs lost a bit of talent last year. And Eric Berry is listed as the 3rd CB on the depth chart.

I have Tennessee winning, homerism aside. I like Tennessee's front 7 more than California's, and I like Tennessee's offensive line a little bit more, though Cal has a stud at center. Desean Jackson will have a big play, and I don't think that's questionable. But, I like the TN RB's against the Cal defense more than the Cal RB's against the TN defense. TN just manhandled Cal with their physicality. Longshore was scrambling or dodging TN linemen for most of the game, and Lynch nor Forsett couldn't run well either. If TN gets momentum, despite being away from Knoxville, it could mean trouble for Cal. I think it will be a great game though. Having a party just for it.

24-19, Tennessee over California.Lynch ran well.12 carries for 74 yards and 6.2 y/c isnt bad.Forsett didnt do anything though.

P-L
08-31-2007, 06:54 PM
I like Tennessee in a close game.

energizerbunny
09-01-2007, 12:13 AM
I hope Tennessee stomps them again so i can continue to use the "pac10 is horrible and can't beat any out of conference opponents" arguement

soybean
09-01-2007, 12:18 AM
I hope Tennessee stomps them again so i can continue to use the "pac10 is horrible and can't beat any out of conference opponents" arguement

but what are you gonna do when wazzu beats wisconsin?

paladin
09-01-2007, 09:45 AM
Longshore to Jackson. Game breaker.

Sniper
09-01-2007, 10:21 AM
but what are you gonna do when wazzu beats wisconsin?

They won't, so that takes care of that. Lots of Pac-10/Big 10 matchups this year actually. Wazzu/Wisconsin, Ohio State/Washington, Michigan/Oregon, Michigan/USC in the NC game ;) Just kidding, don't flame me.

soybean
09-01-2007, 12:07 PM
They won't, so that takes care of that. Lots of Pac-10/Big 10 matchups this year actually. Wazzu/Wisconsin, Ohio State/Washington, Michigan/Oregon, Michigan/USC in the NC game ;) Just kidding, don't flame me.

just worry about app state for now... muhahaha.

Sniper
09-01-2007, 12:09 PM
just worry about app state for now... muhahaha.

Dude, I am. What the **** is going on here?

soybean
09-01-2007, 12:24 PM
just move to california, we (the pac-10) will accept you with open arms.

doingthisinsteadofwork
09-01-2007, 12:41 PM
Dude, I am. What the **** is going on here?
Michigans secondary looks like crap from what Ive seen.

TitanHope
09-01-2007, 03:28 PM
Anyway, back to the pending game.

Golden Bears drink glasses with their pinky extended...

volman88
09-01-2007, 03:44 PM
Real men don't use their pinkies

09-01-2007, 08:13 PM
can u believe this guy?
desean jackson punt return for a TD!!!!!!!!!

keylime_5
09-01-2007, 08:18 PM
The people with Toilet Paper living in the trees kill me. Only in California.

Sniper
09-01-2007, 08:20 PM
can u believe this guy?
desean jackson punt return for a TD!!!!!!!!!

That surprises you?

He's so fast.....HE'S EVEN FASTER THAN SEC SPEED! :0

NittanyLion2k7
09-01-2007, 08:20 PM
DeSean Jackson is special. Such a dynamic player, quick, fast and with terrific hands and toughness. Such a fluid and terrific talent. As of now he is easily the # 1 WR on the board. Come May if he declares he's looking at a lottery pick.

JeffSamardzijaIRISH
09-01-2007, 08:21 PM
I got Cal. Last year Longshore was a first year starter, and you could tell in that game that he was lost. This year's gonna be real different. DeSean gonna burn these guys for 100+ recieving and a PR TD.

Called that PR!

elway777
09-01-2007, 08:21 PM
No, only in Northern Cal.
I cant imagine a hippie in a tree in south central.

Paul
09-01-2007, 08:22 PM
DeSean Jackson is special. Such a dynamic player, quick, fast and with terrific hands and toughness. Such a fluid and terrific talent. As of now he is easily the # 1 WR on the board. Come May if he declares he's looking at a lottery pick.

I was unaware the NFL had a Lottery.

duckseason
09-01-2007, 08:23 PM
The people with Toilet Paper living in the trees kill me. Only in California.

I know, you'd think all that time would be much better used planting as many new trees as they wanted if that's what they really care about. The irony of doing doing all that to "protect the trees" while at the same time making sure you've got plenty of TP is classic.

NittanyLion2k7
09-01-2007, 08:24 PM
Whoops too used to the NBA Draft. Still Lottery applies. Top 10 easily. Probably closer to To 5. IF Ted Ginn can get drafted 9th overall, DeSean Jackson is easily worth Top 5.

DChess
this game has all the makings to be a classic

Sniper

He's not easily the #1. He needs to find some cheeseburgers and down those suckers before he becomes "easily" the first WR.

NittanyLion2k7
09-01-2007, 08:25 PM
I'm so glad I'm recording this. Looks like a great game. The ND and Illinois games are wasting space on my DVR...

NittanyLion2k7
09-01-2007, 08:27 PM
He's not easily the #1. He needs to find some cheeseburgers and down those suckers before he becomes "easily" the first WR.

You're kidding right? Who else is going to knock him off? Early Doucet is not on his level, I'm sorry. I watched that game and Early Doucet isn't as good of a WR as DeSean Jackson.

Jackson might be light but he's got toughness. He reminds me of Santonio Holmes but faster, quicker, more dynamic and with better hands. Now that is scary.

duckseason
09-01-2007, 08:28 PM
Marvin Harrison looks like he could use just as many cheeseburgers as Desean. He seems to be doing just fine.

elway777
09-01-2007, 08:28 PM
Duckseason dont act like you couldn't walk outside right now and see hippie feces falling from trees.

You live in Oregon. :p

duckseason
09-01-2007, 08:30 PM
Duckseason dont act like you couldn't walk outside right now and see hippie feces falling from trees.

You live in Oregon. :p

Yeah, but all our hippies are in prison for blowing up SUV's and "resisting" police during riots.

09-01-2007, 08:37 PM
That surprises you?

He's so fast.....HE'S EVEN FASTER THAN SEC SPEED! :0

nope doesnt surprise me one bit!!!

09-01-2007, 08:41 PM
WOW how bout jahvid best..looks like cal has two reggie bush clones lol

Sniper
09-01-2007, 08:43 PM
You're kidding right? Who else is going to knock him off? Early Doucet is not on his level, I'm sorry. I watched that game and Early Doucet isn't as good of a WR as DeSean Jackson.

Jackson might be light but he's got toughness. He reminds me of Santonio Holmes but faster, quicker, more dynamic and with better hands. Now that is scary.

As a receiver? You better believe Doucet, Manningham, Urrutia etc... are all about as good as Jackson. He's a slightly more polished version of Ginn. He needs work as a receiver. Terrific returner though

Paul
09-01-2007, 08:50 PM
As a receiver? You better believe Doucet, Manningham, Urrutia etc... are all about as good as Jackson. He's a slightly more polished version of Ginn. He needs work as a receiver. Terrific returner though

Jackson acutally is very good in his routes. From some of the clips I've seen he looks great. Check that stick move:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpaV2IxXQK0

NittanyLion2k7
09-01-2007, 08:50 PM

He's got better hands than Ginn easily. And he runs better r outes and can actualy take a hit. Are you even watching the game?

Sniper
09-01-2007, 08:52 PM
He's got better hands than Ginn easily. And he runs better r outes and can actualy take a hit. Are you even watching the game?

Matter of fact I am. I'm pretty sure I said he was better than Ginn, but once again, your selective reading tries to spin **** around. He runs pretty good routes and has good hands, but he still needs work.

JeffSamardzijaIRISH
09-01-2007, 08:54 PM

How can you not say he's the #1 at this point, especially with more and more people wanting speedy recievers. He's what people thought Troy Williamson was+ more. The only knock on him that I can see is that he needs toget bigger, but if he can play at that weight effectively, then why not?

NittanyLion2k7
09-01-2007, 09:04 PM
Sniper is a joke. He first says JAckson isn't as good as Ginn and then now he backtracks and says he needs work. If Jackson is better than Ginn and Ginn went 9th overall, where do you think Jackson is going? Lets see, maybe Top 5? If that doesn't make him the # 1 WR this year then I'm guessing you expect Early Doucet to start catchign 200 yards a game.

soybean
09-01-2007, 09:04 PM
Jahvid Best is an animal, he kind of runs like a girl though.

JeffSamardzijaIRISH
09-01-2007, 09:06 PM
Best kinda runs like D-Mac+Reggie Bush

NittanyLion2k7
09-01-2007, 09:10 PM
Lavell Hawkins and DeSean Jackson look like the same player. When I see Hawkins with the ball I have to look at the number on the jersey to tell if he's JAckson or Hawkins. Either way Cal has some serious speed and great talent on this team.

Sniper
09-01-2007, 09:24 PM
Sniper is a joke. He first says JAckson isn't as good as Ginn and then now he backtracks and says he needs work. If Jackson is better than Ginn and Ginn went 9th overall, where do you think Jackson is going? Lets see, maybe Top 5? If that doesn't make him the # 1 WR this year then I'm guessing you expect Early Doucet to start catchign 200 yards a game.

You really can't read can you?

"He's a slightly more polished version of Ginn. He needs work as a receiver. Terrific returner"

Please do tell where I said Jackson isn't as good as Ginn. PLEASE! I'M DYING TO KNOW!

neko4
09-01-2007, 09:26 PM
This should be a proud day for SEC teams, but Tennessee cant beat Cal

duckseason
Sniper's been saying Jackson is better than Ginn for quite awhile now. Go look up the Desean Jackson vs Ted Ginn thread.

neko4

ginn was hardly deserving of the 9th pick let alone the 29th

DChess
09-01-2007, 09:33 PM
ginn was hardly deserving of the 9th pick let alone the 29th

not at all.

Sniper
09-01-2007, 09:34 PM
Sniper's been saying Jackson is better than Ginn for quite awhile now. Go look up the Desean Jackson vs Ted Ginn thread.

Thanks buddy. Glad someone can read

ATLDirtyBirds
09-01-2007, 09:40 PM
DeSean Jackson is a beast. I've known that for a while though.

neko4
09-01-2007, 09:57 PM
what does thaat doo doo hey bebe song have to do w/ football

09-01-2007, 10:15 PM

either way sniper is still hatin on desean jackson

Sniper
09-01-2007, 10:17 PM

Yes, because I said he needs to fill out and isn't a clear cut #1 wideout after 1 game, I'm clearly hating on him. Give me a break. Go back, look at the thread of DJax and Ginn and tell me if I'm still hating. Jackson is a gamebreaker who, for his size, shows surprising guts to go over the middle. He has elite speed, good hands and displays pretty good route running skills. He needs to improve his bulk (not much, but some) and sharpen his routes. Am I still hating?

duckseason
09-01-2007, 10:17 PM

Yeah, I agree he's the #1 WR right now. No question in my mind. There's obviously some better possession-type guys out there. But the NFL covets speed over all else. Nobody has his combination of speed and overall skill level. Not that I've seen at least.

S4L
09-01-2007, 11:03 PM
The thing I find hilarious is that staying in the trees is actually hurting the ecosystem that the tree-huggers are trying to "protect," since the school is going to plant three trees for every one they cut down. That's just classic.

Windy
09-01-2007, 11:03 PM
thizzin...welcome to berkeley.

smittyjs
09-01-2007, 11:11 PM
Shouldn't say this, but it felt great to see UT lose :), and yes i would take EB anyday over Jackson as an overall WR....

doingthisinsteadofwork
09-01-2007, 11:11 PM
The thing I find hilarious is that staying in the trees is actually hurting the ecosystem that the tree-huggers are trying to "protect," since the school is going to plant three trees for every one they cut down. That's just classic.
Now thats been televised nationally the Berkeley police are pissed.

doingthisinsteadofwork
09-01-2007, 11:13 PM
Yes, because I said he needs to fill out and isn't a clear cut #1 wideout after 1 game, I'm clearly hating on him. Give me a break. Go back, look at the thread of DJax and Ginn and tell me if I'm still hating. Jackson is a gamebreaker who, for his size, shows surprising guts to go over the middle. He has elite speed, good hands and displays pretty good route running skills. He needs to improve his bulk (not much, but some) and sharpen his routes. Am I still hating?
He actually has better size than Ginn does.

Windy
09-01-2007, 11:13 PM
Shouldn't say this, but it felt great to see UT lose :), and yes i would take EB anyday over Jackson as an overall WR....

desean>eb>danman :)

smittyjs
09-01-2007, 11:14 PM
desean>eb>danman :)
EB>Desean>Danman ;)

NittanyLion2k7
09-01-2007, 11:20 PM
Desean Jackson > Rest of NCAA WR's. When EB starts returning Punts and Kickoffs for TD's let me know.

doingthisinsteadofwork
09-01-2007, 11:22 PM
Desean doesnt return kickoffs.

smittyjs
09-01-2007, 11:24 PM
Desean Jackson > Rest of NCAA WR's. When EB starts returning Punts and Kickoffs for TD's let me know.His game isn't about speed, but he still had like 100 yards on three returns, Eb makes his money with his hands and route running which are the best in the NCAA, i would rather have the guy that is gong to make the catch in triple coverage and is the sure thing when the game is on the line, than the guy with 4.2 speed....

OzTitan
09-01-2007, 11:28 PM
Desean Jackson > Rest of NCAA WR's. When EB starts returning Punts and Kickoffs for TD's let me know.

What do returns have to do with being a WR?

TitanHope
09-02-2007, 01:21 AM
WOW how bout jahvid best..looks like cal has two reggie bush clones lol

Who's their 2nd clone?

UT's secondary just couldn't keep up with Cal's skill player's speed, and then couldn't shed their blocks to boot. Add that with poor tackling, and you have a UT player riding Forsett of 4 yards. Cal got their redemption, and flat out played UT tonight. King's to them.

SuperKevin
09-02-2007, 01:22 AM
Who's their 2nd clone?

UT's secondary just couldn't keep up with Cal's skill player's speed, and then couldn't shed their blocks to boot. Add that with poor tackling, and you have a UT player riding Forsett of 4 yards. Cal got their redemption, and flat out played UT tonight. King's to them.

I think he was saying DeSean Jackson is a reggie Bush clone in addition to Jahvid best

TitanHope
09-02-2007, 01:25 AM
Too many players are compared to Bush. If someone can cut or is explosive, they're the next Reggie Bush.

I think Jackson and Bush are very different, aside from both excelling at PR. Jahvid Best, on the other hand, looks like he could have the potential to live up to that title. But, thats left to be seen and only one play of his was reminiscent of Bush.

SuperKevin
09-02-2007, 01:27 AM
Too many players are compared to Bush. If someone can cut or is explosive, they're the next Reggie Bush.

I agree. What is with everyone's obsession when trying to compare players to other players?

schmiddog
09-02-2007, 01:33 AM

This seems to be the prevailing opinion at this point, and it's hard to contest. With that said, I'm not gonna rule out Early Doucet. He's a better possession guy (if only by virtue of his bigger stature) and he's got the whole package--soft hands, good ball skills, exceptionally quick and efficient cuts, good burst and top gear, etc. He doesn't have Desean's creativity or elusiveness, but I still think it's really close.

doingthisinsteadofwork
09-02-2007, 01:37 AM
What do returns have to do with being a WR?
nothing but it sure does help when it comes around to the draft.
I mean just look at Ted Ginn.Except the sad thing is he was an average return man.

duckseason
09-02-2007, 01:40 AM

I think Jackson and Bush are very different, aside from both excelling at PR. Jahvid Best, on the other hand, looks like he could have the potential to live up to that title. But, thats left to be seen and only one play of his was reminiscent of Bush.

I think anytime you have a transcendent player such Bush, they become a sort of template for other players to model themselves after. Rather than saying, "wow, Jahvid Best really has some nice moves and is exceptionally quick." People just automatically think of Bush since he is currently at the forefront of their mind when thinking about who is the quickest player with the sickest moves. It's natural to compare players to each other. There's only so many different skills involved in this game, and many players share very similar overall sets of them. It's a convenient way to concisely illustrate your perception of a given player's skill set, as opposed to using a bunch of adjectives and being long winded like I've been with this post.

LonghornsLegend
09-02-2007, 04:39 AM
desean jackson is a beast, and he has return ability more along the lines of hester then ginn...ginn just ran past everyone, jackson showed he has exceptional agility and top end speed, if ginn was picked 9th i guess its a lock jackson is a top 10 pick being that he's a better WR and return man then ginn?

but I wouldnt rank him much higher then doucet in terms of being a WR, both in terms of speed are close and i wouldnt know whose faster, both have hands, and its almost like a pick your flavor type of thing...but what jackson does returning punts is crazy, when i watch him bush doesnt come to mind hester does...

if you watch youtube videos of both returning kicks they look eerily similiar

OzTitan
09-02-2007, 05:36 AM
nothing but it sure does help when it comes around to the draft.
I mean just look at Ted Ginn.Except the sad thing is he was an average return man.
Oh for sure, but the impression I got was actual WR abilities was the topic. I don't think anyone was arguing DeSean's dominance as an all round playmaker.

gstock05
09-02-2007, 02:46 PM
I'm an OSU fan and i'll be the first to admit that Jackson in comparison to Ginn is about 10 times more polished. Very similar playing styles also. Although he's not quite as fast on the top end, he's a very good route runner and has good hands. But he was a polished receiver in highschool, where Ginn was a quarterback. Big difference.

Sniper
09-02-2007, 02:49 PM
I'm an OSU fan and i'll be the first to admit that Jackson in comparison to Ginn is about 10 times more polished. Very similar playing styles also. Although he's not quite as fast on the top end, he's a very good route runner and has good hands. But he was a polished receiver in highschool, where Ginn was a quarterback. Big difference.

Cornerback, not quarterback.

TitanHope
09-02-2007, 03:43 PM
I think anytime you have a transcendent player such Bush, they become a sort of template for other players to model themselves after. Rather than saying, "wow, Jahvid Best really has some nice moves and is exceptionally quick." People just automatically think of Bush since he is currently at the forefront of their mind when thinking about who is the quickest player with the sickest moves. It's natural to compare players to each other. There's only so many different skills involved in this game, and many players share very similar overall sets of them. It's a convenient way to concisely illustrate your perception of a given player's skill set, as opposed to using a bunch of adjectives and being long winded like I've been with this post.

Lol, I understand that. I know WHY they'd compare them. I just think its often a mistake to. Just like in the Jackson/Bush comparison. Jahvid Best, on the otherhand, seems to have a similar skill set, though he has just one game under his belt, and he may be able to be compared to a player such as Bush.

TheMikey10
09-03-2007, 01:17 PM
I think DeSean is clearly the best WR in the country, on a third and long on cals first drive he made a semi-diving catch in double coverage that was just insane. It was a catch that just about nobody besides EB or Manningham could make, and DeSean is supposed need work as a wideout. He had just 4 catches for 45 yards, but there was a safety over the top on him literally every single play except for a couple in running situations.

Bobo
09-03-2007, 01:23 PM
Arian Foster looks better than ever....and that's all I have to say :sad: