PDA

View Full Version : The new BEAST at LSU!

saintsfan912
08-29-2007, 05:07 PM
http://media.2theadvocate.com/images/082907roscoemikeone.jpg

Say hello to the newest addition to the LSU family. Mike VI is a Bengal/Siberian mix who is 300 pounds now. In 3 years he will be up to 700! That is ******* beastly, seeing as Mike V was only 375 pounds and he was huge. Man I can't wait til tomorrow for the game, even though its away. Then comes VT Sept 8th and the official unveiling of Mike VI to the LSU faithful. Be scared college football world, be very scared.

Oh yea, he is only 2 years old now.

remix 6
08-29-2007, 05:15 PM
sweet. 700 pounds 1 day? holy

hes huge

saintsfan912
08-29-2007, 05:18 PM
Yea, 700 pounds at the age of fricking 5.

Hey PETA, shove it up your ass!

Gchu83
08-29-2007, 07:46 PM
That's a big boy!!

soybean
08-29-2007, 07:50 PM
I'd like to hear the living conditions of their live mascots. I think it's borderline animal cruelty?

Gchu83
08-29-2007, 07:52 PM
I'd like to hear the living conditions of their live mascots. I think it's borderline animal cruelty?

Are you saying or asking?

soybean
08-29-2007, 08:06 PM
asking, obviously if they keep him in a controlled environment like the zoos have then i as well as everyone else would be fine with it.

saintsfan912
08-29-2007, 08:25 PM
Are you ******* kidding me dude? LSUs mascot is the most well cared for mascot in the country. The TAF (Tiger Athletic Foundation) just build Mike a 2 million dollar natural habitat. Borderline animal cruelty? This animal is better cared for than a family pet.

Here is a link:

http://www.mikethetiger.com/index.php?display=picturegallery

WMD
08-29-2007, 08:32 PM
I thought this was gonna be a thread about Ryan Perrilloux.. I was gonna say, that beast is not new.

saintsfan912
08-29-2007, 08:35 PM
Nobody around here cares about Ryan Perriloux, not until next season anyways. Matt Flynn is the man this year that will lead us to a title.

derza222
08-29-2007, 08:48 PM
Are you ******* kidding me dude? LSUs mascot is the most well cared for mascot in the country. The TAF (Tiger Athletic Foundation) just build Mike a 2 million dollar natural habitat. Borderline animal cruelty? This animal is better cared for than a family pet.

Here is a link:

http://www.mikethetiger.com/index.php?display=picturegallery

Yeah I think they had something in ESPN about it and they mentioned the LSU Tiger among other mascots. Some of the mascots live in multi-million dollar habitats I believe...

saintsfan912
08-29-2007, 08:50 PM
They have a vet that works with Mike and Mike only. He is his personal doctor and tends to him night and day every day of the week.

Vikes99ej
08-29-2007, 09:05 PM
Nobody around here cares about Ryan Perriloux, not until next season anyways. Matt Flynn is the man this year that will lead us to a title.

I thought Perriloux transfered. I guess not?

etk
08-29-2007, 09:09 PM

He does talk a lot of smack, but I think he can back it up. You should appreciate him not transferring.

saintsfan912
08-29-2007, 09:13 PM
Nah, he didn't transfer. We still have a better QB waiting to play anyways.

thebow305
08-30-2007, 12:12 AM
One question... Who's the starting RB for LSU this year?

themaninblack
08-30-2007, 12:22 AM
i wish the bengals still had a real tiger.

familyguy555
08-30-2007, 12:54 AM
His paws are ******* huge. Beastly

saintsfan912
08-30-2007, 05:53 AM
One question... Who's the starting RB for LSU this year?

Jacob Hester... and Keiland Williams... and Charles Scott... and Richard Murphy. Miles said he doesn't have a clear cut #1 back, nor does he want to declare someone the #1.

Sniper
08-31-2007, 12:42 PM
Jacob Hester... and Keiland Williams... and Charles Scott... and Richard Murphy. Miles said he doesn't have a clear cut #1 back, nor does he want to declare someone the #1.

That Holliday midget is ******* FAST!

terribletowel39
08-31-2007, 12:47 PM
yes he is. its kinda ridiculous how fast he moves and accelerates. faster than anything i have ever seen. and yes i know i need to get a new sig.

draftguru151
08-31-2007, 01:12 PM
Kitty! Too bad his first game is gonna be a loss. :/

Sniper
08-31-2007, 01:14 PM
yes he is. its kinda ridiculous how fast he moves and accelerates. faster than anything i have ever seen. and yes i know i need to get a new sig.

He hit the corner so fast on the one play yesterday. I was stunned.

elway777
08-31-2007, 01:20 PM
Tommy and Traveler > Mikey

Sniper
08-31-2007, 01:28 PM
Tommy and Traveler > Mikey

Traveler is so sweet......That horse just seems so badass..Then again you just don't **** around with a 700 pound tiger

thebow305
08-31-2007, 01:51 PM

Ok, well who do YOU think starts most of the games at HB this year, and at FB? On Rivals.com, they have Hester listed as the starter at both positions.... it seems a little odd.

DoWnThEfiElD
08-31-2007, 01:56 PM
I kinda thought this was gonna be about Al Woods. Or Chad Jones, or that Tolliver wideout....

The Tiger is cool tho

terribletowel39
08-31-2007, 02:01 PM
against VA tech?? are you serious??

Sniper
08-31-2007, 02:39 PM
against VA tech?? are you serious??

What's wrong with Virginia Tech? One of the top defenses in the country and a man beast at RB. It's going to be close. I'll be rooting for Tech. I think LSU wins 17-14ish, but it's gonna be good.

Also wanted to add....Matt Flynn can move! Holy crap.

saintsfan912
08-31-2007, 02:39 PM

Haha that is funny dude. The first game in his tenure was a 45-0 slaughter of a SEC team on the road. His next victim will be a ass kicking of VT, sorry buddy but VT is not strong enough to come into Death Valley and beat the best defense in the nation.

terribletowel39
08-31-2007, 02:42 PM
What's wrong with Virginia Tech? One of the top defenses in the country and a man beast at RB. It's going to be close. I'll be rooting for Tech. I think LSU wins 17-14ish, but it's gonna be good.

Also wanted to add....Matt Flynn can move! Holy crap.
yes i agree they have a beast of a defense, but LSU's defense could make an argument right there with them as best in the country. and tech doesn't have near the offensive weapons that LSU has, just a RB but what good is the RB when he doesn't get anywhere because they can focus most of the attentio on stopping the run. it will definitely be a hit fest. both have amazing D's. it might be even lower scoring than that. haha even though i'm going to go ahead say that one of the teams will have two defensive touchdowns. not sure which one, i'm hoping LSU's and from the look of the DB's hands they looked good.

yes Matt Flynn can scoot.

saintsfan912
08-31-2007, 02:50 PM
Mark this down. LSU wins 24-6 at least.

The offense was flat last night. Why give up the entire playbook against a team that was clearly not on the same level? Wet, on the road with ******* cow bells everywhere. See Death Valley doesn't need artificial noise makers to screw up offenses, the AMAZING defense and the fans do enough of that.

Sniper
08-31-2007, 02:51 PM
sorry buddy but VT is not strong enough to come into Death Valley and beat the best defense in the nation.

USC plays in Death Valley now? And when did they switch VA Tech's game against LSU to vs. USC?

terribletowel39
08-31-2007, 02:55 PM
woah now, slow down turbo. USC's defense can't hold the piece of butt crust off of the jock straps of LSU's defense. USC is media central, thats the only way they are number one. anytime you are the best ranked team in the SEC regardless, you should be #1. the hardest conference there is.

TigerBait45
08-31-2007, 02:59 PM
This topic is sad.

My take is that LSU or Virginia Tech will have the best defense in the nation. USC may well be in the top 3, but I'm just more sold on LSU and VT.

As for the game next week..LSU will have all they can handle with Virginia Tech's defense. I think the first team to 10 points may well win the game. The game is at home, but VT is going to be emotional as hell. This game will not be a blowout either way.

Sniper
08-31-2007, 03:01 PM
woah now, slow down turbo. USC's defense can't hold the piece of butt crust off of the jock straps of LSU's defense. USC is media central, thats the only way they are number one. anytime you are the best ranked team in the SEC regardless, you should be #1. the hardest conference there is.

BLAH BLAH BLAH WE ******* KNOW THE SEC IS THE BEST CONFERENCE! Stop telling us, we get it. No one doubts it, so STOP ******* USING IT AS AN ARGUMENT. That doesn't mean you're automatically #1. Let's break this ***** down.

D-Line: SC Dorsey may be the best DT in the country, but Ellis is #2-3. That, plus Lawrence Jackson, Everson Griffin, Fili Moala win it for SC.

LB: No question it's USC. All 3 guys are first rounders waiting to happen. Don't try giving me that Ali Highsmith **** (he's good, really good). No way their LBs hold Cushing, Rivers, Maualuga and Galippo's jock.

Secondary: USC. Taylor Mays is gonna be a first rounder. Terrel Thomas is one of the more underrated CBs in the country, and Josh Pinkard is very good.

TigerBait45
08-31-2007, 03:10 PM
Production makes you #1. USC is talented as hell (I think you're underrating LSU's players a little to be honest, but I agree that USC has ridiculous talent), but until they play like the top ranked defense in the nation then they're not.

saintsfan912
08-31-2007, 03:14 PM
So I guess all the magazines that say LSU's Dline is better than USCs we should just forget about that and listen to you? Please quit being a homer and go back to the USC posts.

OK maybe not a homer but a LSU hater. Get a life buddy.

terribletowel39
08-31-2007, 03:16 PM
BLAH BLAH BLAH WE ******* KNOW THE SEC IS THE BEST CONFERENCE! Stop telling us, we get it. No one doubts it, so STOP ******* USING IT AS AN ARGUMENT. That doesn't mean you're automatically #1. Let's break this ***** down.

D-Line: SC Dorsey may be the best DT in the country, but Ellis is #2-3. That, plus Lawrence Jackson, Everson Griffin, Fili Moala win it for SC.

LB: No question it's USC. All 3 guys are first rounders waiting to happen. Don't try giving me that Ali Highsmith **** (he's good, really good). No way their LBs hold Cushing, Rivers, Maualuga and Galippo's jock.

Secondary: USC. Taylor Mays is gonna be a first rounder. Terrel Thomas is one of the more underrated CBs in the country, and Josh Pinkard is very good.
and the funny thing is that will all that talent, they still aren't better. guaranteed i am gonna be at the super dome watching LSU whoop up on USC. :D shall i meet ya there??

saintsfan912
08-31-2007, 03:19 PM
Haha I love that post. I'll be there too!

Clayton89
08-31-2007, 03:20 PM

Jarret Lee? guys gonna be huge for LSU played against him in high school him and that brehnam team were an offensive juggernaut

DoWnThEfiElD
08-31-2007, 03:23 PM
I think USC has more defensive talent, but as a unit I would take both Va Tech and LSU in a heartbeat.

Also if any SEC fan would like to have a logical arguement please don't being up the SEC being the top conference therefore your team is the best, it is the most ignorant cop-out arguement you can bring to the table. Nobody wants to ever here it and you will never prove yourself right so just don't even bring it up.

Sniper
08-31-2007, 03:25 PM
and the funny thing is that will all that talent, they still aren't better. guaranteed i am gonna be at the super dome watching LSU whoop up on USC. :D shall i meet ya there??

Or they're not better. Either way. I'm not even a USC fan, but I do recognize talent. I have USC #1, LSU #2 and Va Tech #3 in terms of D.

elway777
08-31-2007, 03:30 PM
I think the win over Miss.state HS has got LSU fans heads bloated. USC is number one until proven otherwise.

LSU woop over SC. Keep it coming LSU, we need the motivation.

LSU fans are so classy,just like their stoic head coach.

TigerBait45
08-31-2007, 03:33 PM
Or they're not better. Either way. I'm not even a USC fan, but I do recognize talent. I have USC #1, LSU #2 and Va Tech #3 in terms of D.

THat brings me right back to the point I already made though. If talent alone were enough then USC-LSU would've been the national title game for the last several years.

Production is what makes you #1 in anything. I recognize USC's talent (I'd be an idiot not to), but I think that LSU and VT are both better as a whole because they've produced at that level for a while now. VT was #1 in 3 major categories of defense last year and nobody left.

draftguru151
08-31-2007, 03:45 PM
LSU won't have the best defense in that game, how do they have the best defense in the country?

If MSU had any type of QB LSU probably would have been losing in the first half. LSU's amazing DL didn't do much of anything in the first half and the LBs didn't do much either. Say what you want about the playbook but I saw a lot of different stuff (Pistol offense?!?!), and I saw an OL get beat by not a very good unit. It might have just been the first game but if LSU's offense comes out like they did against MSU, VT's defense will tear them apart.

Sniper
08-31-2007, 03:47 PM
THat brings me right back to the point I already made though. If talent alone were enough then USC-LSU would've been the national title game for the last several years.

Production is what makes you #1 in anything. I recognize USC's talent (I'd be an idiot not to), but I think that LSU and VT are both better as a whole because they've produced at that level for a while now. VT was #1 in 3 major categories of defense last year and nobody left.

Point well taken. I really like SC's D not only because of the talent, but 10 of the 11 huys are back this year, and I think we will see them as the top D at the end of the year earning the crystal ball in the end. It's not like I'm saying LSU is Temple here, I said they're my #2 D.

SC almost always had dirty defense, and I think this will be their best. But I'm not hopping on the LSU wagon because they beat MSU 45-0. That QB was arguably the worst I've ever seen. He had a worse arm than Chad Pennington

elway777
08-31-2007, 03:48 PM
USCs coaching and talent is well over LSUs.

TigerBait45
08-31-2007, 03:51 PM
It's not like I'm saying LSU is Temple here, I said they're my #2 D.

Oh I know, I'm just saying. Honestly I think VT has the best defense in the nation.

Beating MSU so badly doesn't mean anything to me. Henning was just horrible. 3-4 of his INTs were just him throwing it up for grabs without even looking.

terribletowel39
08-31-2007, 03:53 PM
I think the win over Miss.state HS has got LSU fans heads bloated. USC is number one until proven otherwise.

LSU woop over SC. Keep it coming LSU, we need the motivation.

LSU fans are so classy,just like their stoic head coach.
i don't understand what you mean by the bolded.

and also don't know if you are being sarcastic, i am guessing yea. and since you probably are i'd like to ask you how we are doing anything that anybody else wouldn't do for the team that they root for?? and have been rooting for since they were old enough to know what football and LSU was?? please explain.

thebow305
08-31-2007, 11:55 PM
Last night was the most unimpressive blowout victory I have ever seen. The only things that impressed me last night were how many fans were actually at a MSU game, how good Early Doucet's hands are, and how bad MSU's QB Henig really is. I will say Craig Steltz was pretty good as well. Although Henig did throw it right to him most of the time.

I dont even wanna hear this LSU/USC argument. LSU's defense is great, and are def. top 5, but USC is number 1, hands down. As good as Highsmith is, He couldn't hold any one of USC's 3 starting linebackers' jockstraps. LSU is looking at a possible 3 first round draft picks. USC is looking at a whopping 8 possible first rounders, not even including Fred Davis who will be a first day guy for sure and Taylor Mays who will be a top ten pick in '09. Flynn would get manhandled by USC's defense, especially if he struggled against Mississippi State. I think Cushing would literally make Flynn his ***** for the day. And Flynn would accept it willingly. Dorsey wasn't impressive yesterday and Tyson Jackson was non-existant. And that was against MSU's starting O-line. What would they do against Sam Baker and All-Pac 10 guard Chilo Rachel. Not to mention the handful of times I say Highsmith take bad angles on plays and get burned by the 240 pound tailback. I'm sorry to say but this simply wouldn't be a contest. As good as Michigan was at the end of last year, they got stomped by SC, and you truly think this year's LSU team is better than Michigan's team was at the end of last year, without first overall pick JaMarcus Russell and first rounders LaRon Landry, Dwayne Bowe and Craig Davis. If you do think LSU's team is better, you are lying to yourself. Especially when all USC really lost was Dwayne Jarrett and Steve Smith, that is it! Granted, both were great players, but neither were first rounders, I believe Davis and Bowe were though. Plus USC turns out WR's like clockwork with former 5 star possible stud Patrick Turner leading the way, as well as maybe the most talented, deepest group of running backs ever in college football. Oh and they do have a Heisman-calibre QB commanding the ship also who has just as much experience as any player in college football at his position. USC will cruise to the championship and will cruise right through it. Bottom line. There truly is no argument here.

And I am a Miami fan.

Javzz
09-01-2007, 03:01 AM
LSU won't have the best defense in that game, how do they have the best defense in the country?

If MSU had any type of QB LSU probably would have been losing in the first half.LSU's amazing DL didn't do much of anything in the first half and the LBs didn't do much either. Say what you want about the playbook but I saw a lot of different stuff (Pistol offense?!?!), and I saw an OL get beat by not a very good unit. It might have just been the first game but if LSU's offense comes out like they did against MSU, VT's defense will tear them apart.

Yeah, because their WR's got SO much seperation. You keep mentioning first half first half first half as if the second half is irrelevant.

Nonetheless, please remember the fact that it was the FIRST game of the season against one of the cellar dwellers of the SEC. There's no need to overanalyze anything at this point. Let's not forget the fact that VT hasn't even played yet, and their offense is most likely more of a question mark than ours is. Sean Glennon must have made a VAST improvement over last year to be formidable. They lost their starting RT to injury. Yadda yadda yadda yadda.

Javzz
09-01-2007, 03:03 AM

Uhhh, Perrilloux, much less Jarrett Lee hasn't even gotten significant playing time yet. Hard to exactly judge who's better at this point.

LonghornsLegend
09-01-2007, 03:30 AM
I think some people are confusing what the difference is between most talented defense, and best defense....the best defense doesnt have to be the most talented...

so while USC may have every player on their defense drafted in the first rd, VT may very well have the best defense in the country still

elway777
09-01-2007, 08:19 AM
You dont say? Is coaching involved as well?

DoWnThEfiElD
09-01-2007, 09:46 AM
I think some people are confusing what the difference is between most talented defense, and best defense....the best defense doesnt have to be the most talented...

so while USC may have every player on their defense drafted in the first rd, VT may very well have the best defense in the country still

I think thats correct....

thebow305
09-01-2007, 10:12 AM
I think thats correct....

It's not correct, I think people are missing the point, they are the most talented, deepest and best defense in all of college football, USC will show that this year. Miami will be up there too because of our dline and secondary, I fear our Linebackers may be a little too inexperienced to push us over the top, but who knows, LB's has never been our problem before.

LonghornsLegend
09-01-2007, 11:09 AM
You dont say?

obviously you havent been reading some of the people's post...most people's argument is "USC has X number of blue chips, and X number of first rd draft picks, so they are the best" and thinking that argument should merit much consideration....

Thats like my saying the Longhorns had the best secondary in the nation last yr because Ross and Griffin were first rders, and Brown was a late first day pick...and anyone who watched a little bit of football knows that was far from the truth

etk
09-01-2007, 03:40 PM
It's not correct, I think people are missing the point, they are the most talented, deepest and best defense in all of college football, USC will show that this year. Miami will be up there too because of our dline and secondary, I fear our Linebackers may be a little too inexperienced to push us over the top, but who knows, LB's has never been our problem before.

Adkins looked great today and everyone else looked solid. We have depth at LB and I seriously doubt teams will be able to consistently run on us. Statistically we should be among the best this year, along with USC, VT & others. Oklahoma will be a nice defensive battle and test.

constant cough
09-01-2007, 03:49 PM
VT sure didn't look like the best defense to me today. LSU's is better.

Sniper
09-01-2007, 03:51 PM
VT sure didn't look like the best defense to me today. LSU's is better.

Yeah, because they shut down MSU :rolleyes:

TigerBait45
09-01-2007, 04:50 PM
If VT has trouble stopping the spread then they may run into a little trouble with LSU's offense. I still think VT has the best defense in the country (I don't care how much talent USC has. Production is what makes you the best), but ECU ran on them all day.

saintsfan912
09-01-2007, 09:08 PM
Yeah, because they shut down MSU :rolleyes:

MSU is a hell of alot better than ******* ECU. That was just sad.

saintsfan912
09-01-2007, 09:16 PM
All you jackasses can be unimpressed all you want but the bottom line is they looked alot better than anyone else did this weekend. Not to mention they played on the road, against an SEC team (No matter if they are the worst in the SEC or not, they are still an SEC team and better than alot of teams in the nation), in the rain. They ran a vanilla offense for a reason, I mean why give up all your playbook in a game against MSU when you have VT coming to town? Next week won't be close guys. VT looked like garbage, just straight trash. Definately not a top 10 team if they play like that all year. And that great defense was pathetic.

thebow305
09-01-2007, 11:12 PM
MSU is a hell of alot better than ******* ECU. That was just sad.

I wouldn't say a hell of a lot better, maybe a little bit.

thebow305
09-01-2007, 11:13 PM
Adkins looked great today and everyone else looked solid. We have depth at LB and I seriously doubt teams will be able to consistently run on us. Statistically we should be among the best this year, along with USC, VT & others. Oklahoma will be a nice defensive battle and test.

Agreed. I'm so pumped for that game next week, I really think we have a shot to knock them off, I actually think there's a great chance of it. If we do that automatically puts us in the National Title hunt.

TigerBait45
09-01-2007, 11:28 PM
If Mississippi State had a decent QB they could have a pretty good year. They've had a pretty solid defense for the last few years and they brought back like 10 starters on offense, including their entire offensive line.

Michael Henig is garbage though.

saintsfan912
09-16-2007, 01:28 PM
So do you all still think VT has a better defense than LSU? I'd certainly hope not. Not to mention LSU's defense has given up 7 points in 3 years. Don't say MTSU isn't any good, they put up 42 points against Louisville and MSU beat Auburn yesterday. LSU has the #1 defense in the nation and its not really close right now.

BuckNaked
09-16-2007, 01:29 PM
\Not to mention LSU's defense has given up 7 points in 3 years.

Now that would be pretty ******* remarkable.

saintsfan912
09-16-2007, 01:30 PM
Yea, i was watching the game and I guess somebody said years and it just stuck, haha. 3 games, 7 points.