PDA

View Full Version : Best LT's?

KCStud
08-29-2007, 05:47 PM
OK so Long and Baker are LT's that will do really well in the pro's. But what about after them?

I see Gosder Cherilus, Barry Richardson, Ryan Clady, and Michael Oher. I've heard that Cherilus and Richardson would be ideal RT's and Oher would be the best OG in the draft (don't know much about Ryan Clady).

Do any of these guys project to LT and if so which one do you think would be the best?

HoopsDemon12
08-29-2007, 05:57 PM
Well a lot of people think Long will end up being a right tackle before long in the NFL. I am one of those people, i just think his game translates way better to that side. Oher and Baker to me could be the best LT in the draft, Richardson has some good agility and aperantly Hills has some chance at that postition aswell.

Don Vito
08-29-2007, 09:11 PM
I don't get this whole Oher at guard thing. It seems like people see 6'4 320 and assume he is a guard prospect. If you watch him play he is an amazing athlete for his size who is great in pass-blocking and run-blocking. He is probably slightly better in the run game but he definitely looks like a LT on gamedays.

Cherilus and Clady are very underrated (as is Oher). Clady is more of a true LT whereas some see Cherilus as a RT because that is all he has played. After this season I believe both Clady and Cherilus will carry 1st round grades. They both will post some solid combine numbers seeing as they are superb athletes.

I see Richardson as a RT in the NFL. Not saying he can't pass block, but he can be a very dominating run blocker.

As far as Tony Hills Jr., this year will make or brake him. He was a TE who got hurt and moved to LT. He is about 6-5 300-310 and probably the most athletic lineman in this class. He is very agile and has great feet. If he has a solid year, stays healthy, and a great combine (which he will) his name could be called mid round 1.

etk
08-29-2007, 09:34 PM
King Dunlap could be a dominant force anchoring Auburn's young OLine. He has the ideal frame to play LT and could be a nice investment in a few years.

draftguru151
08-29-2007, 10:19 PM
I'm a big fan of Tony Hills, especially at LT. I think King Dunlap is pretty underrated as well, not sure if he projects to LT but he moves pretty well.

KaneMarko
08-30-2007, 12:37 PM
OK so Long and Baker are LT's that will do really well in the pro's. But what about after them?

I see Gosder Cherilus, Barry Richardson, Ryan Clady, and Michael Oher. I've heard that Cherilus and Richardson would be ideal RT's and Oher would be the best OG in the draft (don't know much about Ryan Clady).

Do any of these guys project to LT and if so which one do you think would be the best?

I am one who is a big fan of Barry Richardson. I think I read he has something like 32 consecutive starts. I feel he has the size and power to be a really good NFL RT. But I think hes a bit underrated as a LT prospect. Hes supposed to be pretty smart too. I believe he graduated high school in 3 years and is a very strong student athlete.

As a Chiefs fan, Im really hoping Richardson is on their radar. As well as King Dunlap, who I feel is pretty underrated. Goodness knows we need the help at O-Tackle.

KCStud
08-30-2007, 01:41 PM
I am one who is a big fan of Barry Richardson. I think I read he has something like 32 consecutive starts. I feel he has the size and power to be a really good NFL RT. But I think hes a bit underrated as a LT prospect. Hes supposed to be pretty smart too. I believe he graduated high school in 3 years and is a very strong student athlete.

As a Chiefs fan, Im really hoping Richardson is on their radar. As well as King Dunlap, who I feel is pretty underrated. Goodness knows we need the help at O-Tackle.

I too like Barry Richardson and think he would perfect for our Chiefs, but we need a LT way more. Right now I am liking Oher and have heard he has outstanding footwork and consistency which is what KC needs badly. I would like to get Oher and move McIntosh to RT. Just my 2 cents though.

kmartin575
08-30-2007, 04:55 PM
I too like Barry Richardson and think he would perfect for our Chiefs, but we need a LT way more. Right now I am liking Oher and have heard he has outstanding footwork and consistency which is what KC needs badly. I would like to get Oher and move McIntosh to RT. Just my 2 cents though.

I think Richardson can play left tackle in the pros so I would draft him in a heartbeat.

My dream, of course, is for us to have a top 5 pick and get Jake Long.