PDA

View Full Version : The bored and ready for real football draft

AkiliSmith
08-30-2007, 02:45 PM
1.) Chiefs - OT Jake Long, Michigan Sr.
Notes: The Chiefs have arguably the worst offensive line in the NFL after losing two future hall of famers. Long has tremendous size and athleticism, and will be a big boost to their o-line woes.

2.) Raiders - RB Darren McFadden, Arkansas Jr.
Notes: The Raiders snag the best player in the draft with the second pick, and he just happens to fill a big hole.

3.) Buccaneers - QB Brian Brohm, Louisville Sr.
Notes: They have a bunch of mediocre guys at quarterback. Brohm has all the tools to be elite.

4.) Redskins - DE Calais Campbell, Miami FL Jr.
Notes: The Redskins have ignored adding an elite pass rusher for long enough. Campbell has the size and freak athleticism to dominate in the NFL.

5.) Lions - S Kenny Phillips, Miami FL Jr.
Notes: They have bigger needs than a safety, but Phillips is the type of player that you have to gameplan around. He will be a big help to their horrible pass defense.

6.) Dolphins - OT Sam Baker, USC Sr.
Notes: Easy pick. They have a guard playing left tackle. Enough said.

7.) Cowboys f/ CLE - WR DeSean Jackson, California Jr.
Notes: TO and Glenn are getting old, and Crayton is a free agent after this season. Jackson is a speed demon, and will also be a boost to their return game.

8.) Vikings - DT Glenn Dorsey, LSU Sr.
Notes: Kind of a tough pick. I almost went with Woodson, but I think they give Jackson another year. Pat Williams is a free agent after this season, and Dorsey fits the cover 2 defense perfectly.

9. Falcons - QB Andre Woodson, Kentucky Sr.
Notes: Now that they have a gaping hole at quarterback, they add the new face of their franchise in Woodson.

10.) Texans - RB Jonathan Stewart, Oregon Jr.
Notes: It may seem a little high for Stewart, but I think he's going to dominate this season and put up freak numbers at the combine. He is a great runner and receiver, and gives the Texans a franchise back they desperately need.

11.) Bills - CB Justin King, Penn State Jr.
Notes: After losing both Winfield and Clements the last few seasons, the Bills restock the corner spot with King. He's the best corner in the draft and will boost an area that's sure to struggle this season.

12.) Cardinals - DE Quentin Groves, Auburn Sr.
Notes: The Cardinals haven't had a player with more than 8 sacks since 2004. Last years sacks leader, Karlos Dansby, is a free agent next season. With the eventual move to the 3-4, Groves is a good fit as both a down lineman and a linebacker.

13.) Giants - OT Ryan Clady, Boise State Jr.
Notes: The Giants haven't had a good left tackle in many years. Protecting Eli should be priority #1, since he usually folds under pressure.

14.) Titans - WR Early Doucet, LSU Sr.
Notes: The Titans lack any player that resembles a #1 receiver. Doucet has tremendous athletic ability, and will immediately contribute as a receiver and return man.

15.) Patriots f/SF - ILB Dan Connor, Penn State Sr.
Notes: With Bruschi and Vrabel free agents, the Patriots look to add some youth to what has been an aging group. Connor is physical and athletic, and would be a good fit at inside linebacker in the 3-4.

16.) Packers - CB Malcom Jenkins, Ohio State Jr.
Notes: I almost had the Packers picking Martellus Bennett, but I think Jenkins grades out higher. Jenkins has tremendous skills and will add depth to the Packers aging group of corners.

17.) Rams - ILB Rey Maualuga, USC Jr.
Notes: The Rams have a solid but unspectacular group of linebackers, and have had difficulty finding a good starter in the middle. Maualuga is as physical a player in the draft, and will immediately help stopping the run in St. Louis.

18.) Jaguars - QB Colt Brennan, Hawaii Sr.
Notes: Leftwich is a free agent, and I see no reason why they would resign him. Brennan posses two things that Leftwich does not: Mobility and accuracy. He is seen as a system player, but he has all the tools to be a very good NFL quarterback.

19.) Jets - OLB Vernon Gholston, Ohio State Jr.
Notes: A good 3-4 defense has a great pass rushing linebacker, and while the Jets have some good linebackers, none have had double digit sacks. Gholston is a freak that combines incredible strength and speed to terrorize the quarterback.

20.) Steelers - DT Sedrick Ellis, USC Sr.
Notes: I had a tough time with this pick. I was going to give them Cherilus, but I think with his character concerns they won't take him. So with their eventual move to the cover 2, they will need a pass rushing tackle, hence Ellis.

21.) Seahawks - RB Steve Slaton, West Virginia Jr.
Notes: Alexander has a lot of mileage on him, and is entering his 30s (today actually). He may have a couple years left, but with his recent injury issues, Slaton is a good insurance policy and change of pace back.

22.) Broncos - DT Frank Okam, Texas Sr.
Notes: The Broncos have struggled to find the right players to play inside for them. Okam has great size and strength, and could be the man they have been looking for in the middle.

23.) Panthers - TE Martellus Bennett, Texas A&M Jr.
Notes: They allegedly want to throw the ball more to the tight end, and Bennett is the best in the draft. He has the talent to have gone much higher, but the need for tight ends has seemed to drop a lot recently.

24.) Ravens - QB Erik Ainge, Tennessee Sr.
Notes: Boller is gone after this season, and Smith is definitely not the answer. Ainge has all the tools, and could be the guy to take the reins once McNair retires.

25.) Eagles - TE John Carlson, Notre Dame Sr.
Notes: Tight end is a key position on their offense, and LJ Smith is a free agent next season. Carlson is a great talent who is a good value pick at this point.

26.) Bengals - OLB Keith Rivers, USC Sr.
Notes: With basically the entire core of outside linebackers free agents next season, it's a huge area of need for the Bengals. Rivers could be the weakside backer that is needed badly.

27.) Bears - OT Gosder Cherilus, Boston College Sr.
Notes: I think the organization, team and fans love Sexy Rexy, and he will have a better year this year, so he will be resigned. Cherilus grades much higher than this, but the character concerns drop him down. The Bears have an aging group of tackles, and look for Cherilus to take over soon.

28.) Cowboys - CB Aqib Talib, Kansas Jr.
Notes: Other than Newman, they have a bunch of aging corners. Talib is a great talent who doesn't have the speed of the top guys, but is as good a cover guy as any player available.

29.) 49ers f/ IND - DE Chris Long, Virginia Sr.
Notes: The Niners have had d-line issues for a long time, and with Young at the end of career, they need to add some talent. Long is a good fit at end in the 3-4.

30.) Patriots - CB Antoine Cason, Arizona Sr.
Notes: Even if Samuel resigns they need to add more talent at corner. Cason fits their scheme well, and is a great player.

31.) Saints - CB Jack Ikegwuonu, Wisconsin Jr.
Notes: Ike probably would have been one of the top 2 corners taken had he not been arrested. He has pro bowl potential, and if he stays out of trouble will be a steal. The Saints really have no shut down corners, and Ike could be the man.

32.) Chargers - ILB Jasper Brinkley, South Carolina Sr.
Notes: The Chargers lost both starting inside linebackers from last season, and will no doubt look to improve the position. Brinkley has great size and athletic ability, and will help maintain SD's reputation for stuffing the run.

princefielder28
08-30-2007, 02:48 PM
I can't complain about the Packers pick

neko4
08-30-2007, 03:01 PM
I can't complain about the Packers pick

Personally I like Cason better, but w/e

princefielder28
08-30-2007, 03:02 PM
Personally I like Cason better, but w/e

I like Cason better as well, but they are both really skilled players at a position of need

Don Vito
08-30-2007, 03:14 PM
For the Pats I love the Cason pick but we would take Maualuga over Connor in a heartbeat. Maualuga has everything the Patriots look for in a LB.

bills_red
08-30-2007, 04:40 PM
11.) Bills - CB Justin King, Penn State Jr.
Notes: After losing both Winfield and Plummer the last few season, the Bills restock the corner spot with King. He's the best corner in the draft and will boost an area that's sure to struggle this season.

Plummer??????? Who the F is Plummer?

GB12
08-30-2007, 04:54 PM
31.) Saints - CB Jack Ikegwuonu, Wisconsin Jr.
Notes: Ike probably would have been one of the top 2 corners taken had he not been arrested. He has pro bowl potential, and if he stays out of trouble will be a steal. The Saints really have no shut down corners, and Ike could be the man.
I don't think that incident will have any effect on his draft status. Also he's not a trouble maker. He had that one run in and even that sounded to be more of being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

thebow305
08-30-2007, 05:05 PM
Nice phins draft, I like Woodson better than Brohm tho for top qb, but Gruden does love his senior Qb's.

AkiliSmith
08-30-2007, 05:07 PM
Clements, I mean.

BuckNaked
08-30-2007, 05:12 PM
Can't complain with Glenn Dorsey at 8.

Sniper
08-30-2007, 05:28 PM
I like the Carlson pick, but I would LOVE Rivers.

HoopsDemon12
08-30-2007, 05:31 PM
I wouldnt love king at that spot.. but i dont hate him... He has great skill sand i think he could be great

im still hoping that Youboty turns out to be a great player... but its wishfull thinking

Gridiron
08-30-2007, 08:03 PM
Excellent Jets pick.

KCJ58
08-30-2007, 08:09 PM
Love The Rams Pick :)

WMD
08-30-2007, 09:28 PM
Kenny Phillips to the Lions, I can't complain at all.

Vikes99ej
08-30-2007, 09:39 PM
Even if it's not Woodson, I still love love love the Vikings pick.

KILLERSANTA
08-30-2007, 09:51 PM
Good cowboys draft

etk
08-30-2007, 10:22 PM
After tonight, Brohm looks like the messiah. He just needs to get the ball off a little quicker and he will be ready to dominate the NFL. I'd love to have him on the Bucs.

Mr. Stiller
08-30-2007, 10:43 PM
Again.. we're not moving to the cover 2.

We need a ROLB or OT..

Give us Blake/Harvey or Gosder.. we could use a RT with a mean streak

thebow305
08-30-2007, 11:14 PM

We need a ROLB or OT..

Colon is your future at RT. He's outplaying Starks right now.

thebow305
08-30-2007, 11:20 PM

I think he meant Ahmed Plummer who played for the 49ers, where Nate Clements, your former corner resides now. He just got the teams and players mixed up that's all. Calm down buddy.

PalmerToCJ
08-30-2007, 11:33 PM
Awesome Bengals pick, you obviously know what we need lol (wonder why?)... I honestly didn't know Rivers was a WLB and that makes me really want him.

Sniper
08-31-2007, 02:07 AM
After tonight, Brohm looks like the messiah. He just needs to get the ball off a little quicker and he will be ready to dominate the NFL. I'd love to have him on the Bucs.

Yeah I forgot how beastly Murray State was :rolleyes:

etk
08-31-2007, 09:20 AM
Yeah I forgot how beastly Murray State was :rolleyes:

16/20 for 375 & 4 TDs would be impressive against my high school. Did you actually watch the game or are you just trolling ignorantly?

UCFNoleFan
08-31-2007, 10:34 AM
16/20 for 375 & 4 TDs would be impressive against my high school. Did you actually watch the game or are you just trolling ignorantly?

I can't be impressed when guys are consistantly open by 10+ yards.

thebow305
08-31-2007, 10:40 AM
I can't be impressed when guys are consistantly open by 10+ yards.

Exactly. It's not hard to hit wide open recievers when there is no pass rush. Come on now, that was just a glorified scrimmage.

Mr. Stiller
08-31-2007, 11:02 AM
Colon is your future at RT. He's outplaying Starks right now.

and Colon is a better fit for Guard. He's 6'3 328lbs. He's squat. I want him at LG or OC next season.

Trust me, I know my team. You keep trying to point little things out.

How about this.. Next offseason Essex, Starks, Simmons, Kemo and Faneca are all FA's..

I'm guessing we sign Kemo and Essex back.

meaning we still need OT depth and that doesn't changed the fact that Colon is better at G.

Sniper
08-31-2007, 11:20 AM

Come on etk, you're better than that....I did watch the game. You know, the same one where his wideouts were WIDE OPEN and he had 45 seconds to throw. Brohm is good, let's not make him out to be the second coming of Brady and Manning because he crapped on Murray State's face.

Caddy
08-31-2007, 07:57 PM
Got no issues with your Buccaneers pick. Jeff Garcia only has so many years left in him.

P-L
08-31-2007, 08:20 PM

Did you watch the game? Because I was wondering if Murray State's CB's had ever played football before. Murray State is the same team that won ONE game in D-1AA last year. I'm sorry, but NOTHING is impressive against a team that is and played as bad as Murray State did last night.

etk
08-31-2007, 08:38 PM
Did you watch the game? Because I was wondering if Murray State's CB's had ever played football before. Murray State is the same team that won ONE game in D-1AA last year. I'm sorry, but NOTHING is impressive against a team that is and played as bad as Murray State did last night.

Even if he proved "nothing" against Murray State, I can still guarantee that 95% of Div 1 QBs wouldn't have been nearly as impressive as he was. His wideouts were mostly open and much of their yardage was YAC, but he still threw perfect passes and showed improved mechanics. At the very least one has to admit that a game like that helps his cause and shows further improvement. Are you not going to watch Louisville again expecting Brohm to put on a show? I know I will.

LOL. The season has barely begun and there are already a handful of posters nitpicking and dissecting his game. Same old excuses: Poor competition, open receivers, "it's all his supporting cast". It should be a fun year of QB debate, that's for sure.

AkiliSmith
08-31-2007, 10:33 PM

We need a ROLB or OT..

Have the coaches/front office actually come out and said that they are not moving to a cover 2? Because all signs point that way. Timmons is a much better cover 2 prospect, and Woodley a better down lineman. Tomlin's career has been defined by the cover 2 defense, and it's his specialty.

I would definitely agree that o-line is priority #1, but with Cherilus's character questions coming into play, I don't think you guys would take him.

That being said, I think the move to cover 2 is inevitable with Tomlin as your head coach and Ellis would be a perfect player in that system.

Crazy_Chris
09-01-2007, 03:16 AM
Great Vikings Pick I would love to get Glenn Dorsey

23trufant
09-01-2007, 09:33 AM
Good draft overall. I like the Seahawks pick.

Yung Flippa
09-01-2007, 07:35 PM
I'd rather have the Ravens get Chris Long, Troy Smith will have a chance to prove himself.

d34ng3l021
09-02-2007, 02:39 AM
Pretty good pick with Woodson at 9. Not completely sold on him, but I do see the potential.

kmartin575
09-02-2007, 02:40 AM
The Chiefs have arguably the worst line in the NFL? That's all fine and dandy until you realize Oakland is still in the NFL and they still have a much worse line.

AkiliSmith
09-02-2007, 03:17 PM
The Chiefs have arguably the worst line in the NFL? That's all fine and dandy until you realize Oakland is still in the NFL and they still have a much worse line.

Yeah your right I forgot about Oakland. But I would rate the Chiefs #2 worst.

T-RICH49
09-03-2007, 11:15 AM
LOVE KC's pick.If we land the 1st pick Long the the guy I am hoping for

Xiomera
09-03-2007, 11:21 AM
I'm lovin' it (from a Lions perspective).

smittyjs
09-03-2007, 12:22 PM
I would rather have EB.....

AkiliSmith
09-03-2007, 05:10 PM
I would rather have EB.....

I'm drawin a blank on EB. Who is it?

Brothgar
09-04-2007, 09:10 PM
That Raiders pick is really hard to say yes McFadden is a champ but they have Michael Bush in the 3rd round a monster steal but they could go with 2 RB system. That said they need to fix that line even though it is a horrible value pick.

adschofield
09-08-2007, 10:52 AM
IF the Chiefs get the #1 pick, I doubt the Chiefs would spend it on Long, I would look for them to trade down and get Long or Baker, or maybe trade LJ and take McFadden. DeSean Jackson is a possibility as well

smittyjs
09-08-2007, 07:02 PM
I'm drawin a blank on EB. Who is it?Earl Bennett WR Vandy

RaiderNation
09-09-2007, 04:50 AM
i love the pick, not where we r in the draft