PDA

View Full Version : Cuts that you really like

remix 6
08-31-2007, 06:46 AM
couldnt think of a better title :\ but question

is there a player on your team that could be a Saturday cut that you really like and hoping that he stays?

for my Patriots, its Bam Childress. Kid is always great in preseason at WR..hes done it all. Hes fast, very quick, small though. hes lined up at WR/RB/CB and returnman but with our depth at WR..he probably wont make it. i think hes better than Washington and Caldwell and would much rather keep him and his versatility and good hands over the others.

hes an Ohio State kid who was stuck behind Jenkins and others few years ago..now hes stuck behind Randy-Stallworth-Welker-Gaffney

he should've made it last year though

Caddy
08-31-2007, 07:36 AM
You probably didn't word the title very effectively but I get what you are saying. The guy I feel could be a cut is Chas Gessner WR, AKA the guy in my sig. However with the injury to Jazzy Warren the possibility he makes the roster has genuinely increased.

skinzzfan25
08-31-2007, 07:36 AM
Todd Pinkston, nuff said.

trkaline
08-31-2007, 08:10 AM
I'd have to say Drew Olsen QB for the Ravens...it was either him or Smith and no they cant take Smith from me....

neko4
08-31-2007, 09:15 AM
I like Deshawn Wynn, but he'll probably get cut

doingthisinsteadofwork
08-31-2007, 09:21 AM
Oren O'Neil.FB.

Pit Bull #53
08-31-2007, 10:10 AM
I'm hoping this Biren Ealy kid sticks. He went undrafted, but Vince had worked out with him in the offseason in Houston and recommended him to the team. Turns out he's made several plays in training camp and caught about a 40 yard TD pass last week against the Bills. If not then I hope we can get him on the practice squad

Bills2083
08-31-2007, 10:14 AM
Fred Jackson for the Bills. Even though he's behind, Lynch, Wright, and A-Train, he deserves a spot on our roster. He can catch, run, block, everything. I really hope we don't cut him.

diabsoule
08-31-2007, 10:27 AM
RB Pierre Thomas. I hope he can stay because he looks a lot better than Antonio Pittman.

Mr. Stiller
08-31-2007, 10:59 AM
I'd have to say Drew Olsen QB for the Ravens...it was either him or Smith and no they cant take Smith from me....

I'm pretty sure they already cut Drew Olsen.

So Far..

Derrick Jones and Eric Fowler my GVSU Boys.

I'm just prayign they keep Madison, ***, Capizzi and Russell.. any other bubble guys I'm ok with.

PalmerToCJ
08-31-2007, 11:00 AM
I hope Herana Daze-Jones gets to stay, special teams monster and I like what I see in coverage... I think his spot is safe. Daniel Coats, TE, BYU... Good guy and I really like what I see in his pass catching abilities... He should also be fine.

I'm thinking Keiwan Ratliff may be cut, he's just not a fit for our defensive style but I really really think he could thrive in a cover 2.

Vikes99ej
08-31-2007, 11:43 AM
I'm going to say Greg Blue.

JETS5128
08-31-2007, 12:00 PM
Jesse Pellot-Rosa

luckyjackaubrey
08-31-2007, 12:03 PM
I too am intrigued by Bam Childress. He is a poor man's preseason Troy Brown. He has lined up at Db, tailback and all over special teams. The problem is he has had 3 years to show his stuff on a team that had issues of both quality and quantity at his position.

He is great insurance and obviously is a BB favorite. But if he was that good you would not have seen the group of FA's brought in this year. I wish him well, perhaps he ends up in tampa taking the job of the afformentiond Chad Gessner ( another former Patriot preseason / practice squader). He is 5x the player of Chad.

remix 6
08-31-2007, 12:15 PM
I too am intrigued by Bam Childress. He is a poor man's preseason Troy Brown. He has lined up at Db, tailback and all over special teams. The problem is he has had 3 years to show his stuff on a team that had issues of both quality and quantity at his position.

He is great insurance and obviously is a BB favorite. But if he was that good you would not have seen the group of FA's brought in this year. I wish him well, perhaps he ends up in tampa taking the job of the afformentiond Chad Gessner ( another former Patriot preseason / practice squader). He is 5x the player of Chad.

hes had the years to show and he has in preseason and training camp. hes done well from everything we've heard/seen but he just never gets it

more suprisingly..he cleared waivers and got on our practice squad again which was amazing

SuperMcGee
08-31-2007, 01:29 PM
Fred Jackson for the Bills. Even though he's behind, Lynch, Wright, and A-Train, he deserves a spot on our roster. He can catch, run, block, everything. I really hope we don't cut him.

Scobey has been out all summer and Jackson is superior to Shaud in pretty much every way as a running back. He's really impressed me and countless others in Bills Nation, I can pretty much guarantee we'll end up keeping Lynch, Thomas, Wright, and Jackson. Actually I can't since Shaud might actually make it as a gunner to replace Davis, and we love our ST.

One guy I want to stick around is Schouman. I know it's between him and Murphy, who I also really like. I'll have mixed feelings either way, but Schouman has really impressed me. I could be OK with him going to the PS, though, since I also like Cieslak to get a lot of time at the H-back this year. Keeping Murphy on the roster and Schouman on the PS could be a good thing this year, actually.

Also, they better not cut Stamer. I may go berserk if they try.

Smooth Criminal
08-31-2007, 02:10 PM
Only two guys I really would be upset about not making the Steelers are Gary Russell and William ***.

Philliez01
08-31-2007, 02:18 PM
For the Colts, I'd say John Standeford. Every year he showcases his hands (though he did drop a few I recall) and uses his height to its fullest extent. However, he's essentially Aaron Moorehead only less creepy looking. Also while he's still doing a good job this year, Trent Shelton has looked amazing at times this preseason as well.

Also former RU player Ramel Meekins would be nice to see make the team or at least PS.

BigDawg819
08-31-2007, 02:22 PM
I'll say Rod Gardner from the Chiefs. After watching Hard Knocks last night, he seems like a douche and still just doesn't get it.

trkaline
08-31-2007, 05:47 PM
[QUOTE=Mr. Stiller;587638]I'm pretty sure they already cut Drew Olsen.

My bad I thought it was cuts you really like as in agree with...

derza222
08-31-2007, 06:25 PM
Jesse Pellot-Rosa

Pellot-Rosa was released awhile ago.

I'd like to see Raymond Ventrone make the Jets. He's been good on ST and he's a 'Nova guy so I'm a little biased.

The Unseen
08-31-2007, 06:28 PM
I never thought I'd be putting the name Byron Leftwich in this thread.

Crazy_Chris
08-31-2007, 07:03 PM
I'm going to say Greg Blue.

I hope your wrong

Vikes99ej
08-31-2007, 07:32 PM
I hope your wrong

I hope I am, too. But I can't see us keeping 5 safeties, and I think we're going to keep Doss and Tank.

Crazy_Chris
08-31-2007, 07:43 PM
it might not be as far fetched as you think i mean Tank and Doss do both only have 1 year contracts and both are coming off injurys.

CrackerJack465
09-01-2007, 01:19 AM
Ryan Grant, RB notre dame

Impressive kid, but i dont know if we will carry 5 rbs..

wogitalia
09-01-2007, 02:07 AM
I've really liked what I've seen from Nance and Chandler Williams for the Vikes. No one else thats facing cuts has really impressed me.

I'd like to keep Fason, Pinner and Moore but it's likely we lose at least 2 of them, not sure how it happens though yet.

Otherwise, I think we need to pick up talent to replace some guys more than I'm worried about cuts...

Cuts that I'd love to see... Cook and Hicks, then at least I dont have to watch them start knowing we had a whole off season to replace them...

PACKmanN
09-01-2007, 02:36 AM
don't know if this is true but did Wali Lundi get cut?

Crazy_Chris
09-01-2007, 02:39 AM
The Texans also released second-year running back Wali Lundy, their starter a year ago

- http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7176476?CMP=OTC-K9B140813162&ATT=5

General Zod
09-01-2007, 08:22 AM
I'll say Rod Gardner from the Chiefs. After watching Hard Knocks last night, he seems like a douche and still just doesn't get it.

Thats why he cant stay on a team.

But Id better be quiet before the Vikes sign him lol

bearfan
09-01-2007, 09:19 AM
- http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7176476?CMP=OTC-K9B140813162&ATT=5

Wow, that is surprising. Lundi did well for a rookie last year, so Im sure that someone will pick him up as insurance