PDA

View Full Version : MAC Prospects

naruto613
08-31-2007, 11:00 AM
I know the MAC is arguably the weakest conference in the NCAA, but ever so often some worthwhile prospects come out of it and have successful careers in the NCAA. Any thoughts on some MAC standouts?

Here are a few that I believe stand out:

Korey Lichtensteiger - Center, Bowling Green

Kalvin McRae - Running Back, Ohio University

Mark Parson - Corner Back, Ohio University

Dan LeFevour - Quarterback, Central Michigan

princefielder28
08-31-2007, 11:06 AM
Dan LeFevour is the next big thing to come out of the MAC; I believe he has first round potential

Hi! O-HI-O for Cleveland
08-31-2007, 11:25 AM
Kalvin McRae is a beast. He'll be abother Day 2 steal at RB from the MAC.

The MAC is hardly the weakest, they'd kick the crap out of the WAC ect, but they're always too busy playing the Big 10. Of coarse they're going to be beaten up by the Big 10.

neko4
08-31-2007, 11:35 AM
MAC is no where near the weakest. The Sun Belt holds that honor. The MAC and WAC are the two best small conferences IMO
Anyway, Litchensteiger and LeFevour should be 1st day picks

naruto613
08-31-2007, 11:43 AM
wow, I totally forgot about the Sun Belt. I go to Ohio University but am in no way biased towards the players. When I see Kalvin McRae run and catch it reminds me of Reggie Bush. He has almost the same frame just a little bit stockier. Watch out for him this season.

moc182
08-31-2007, 12:23 PM
John Greco from Toledo is a day one prospect, and I also like their tailback Jalen Parmele as a day 2 guy.

bearsfan_51
08-31-2007, 12:30 PM
I know the MAC is arguably the weakest conference in the NCAA, but ever so often some worthwhile prospects come out of it and have successful careers in the NCAA.
The Sun Belt says hello.

By the way, Randy Moss, Daunte Culpepper, Byron Leftwich, Chad Pennington, Jason Taylor, Big Ben, amongst many others says hello too.

bearsfan_51
08-31-2007, 12:38 PM
In terms of other MAC Quarterbacks I'd throw out Julian Edelman of Kent State and Nate Davis of Ball State.

naruto613
08-31-2007, 01:32 PM
By the way, Randy Moss, Daunte Culpepper, Byron Leftwich, Chad Pennington, Jason Taylor, Big Ben, amongst many others says hello too.

I know, but the amount from each school isn't very widespread. In that list alone there are 3 players from Marshall. The amount of prospects isn't very diverse is what I was getting at.

And yes, the Sun Belt blows.

SuperKevin
08-31-2007, 04:51 PM
Ball State has some decent guys in TE Darius Hill and their Punter who's name escapes me

WarOnTheShore
08-31-2007, 06:49 PM
Julian Edelman isn't a pro prospect. He's only about 5'11 in his cleats. Kent cornerback Jack Williams is really good, but kind of short at 5'9. I like him better than Usama Young, actually.

Akron wide receiver Jabari Arthur is big. He could get some looks.

Greco, Parmele, McRae, Red Keith and Lichtensteiger are probably the best seniors in the MAC this year, though.

There are some good juniors and lower class guys. Someone mentioned Hill, who is really great. If he can bulk up another 10-15 pounds, he'll be considered on of the best TE's in the country. Right now he's about 6'6, 255.

Barry Church, a safety from Toledo, is also really good, but he's only a sophomore.

bearsfan_51
08-31-2007, 10:18 PM
Julian Edelman isn't a pro prospect. He's only about 5'11 in his cleats.
I'd take a late round waiver on Edelman as an athlete (ala Eric Crouch). But yeah...he has no career as a QB.

Mr. Stiller
08-31-2007, 10:53 PM
Akron:

Kris Kasperek, TE ~ Could get some late round looks.. Impressive size
Nate Robinson, DT ~ One of my favorite 3-4 DE Sleepers.
Jabari Arthur, WR ~ Great size, Needs to get down in speed and show his hands.

Bowling Green:

Kory Lichensteiger, C ~ one of the best C's in the country.
Pete Winovich, FB ~ Might make a roster as a UDFA.

Buffalo:

Jamey Richards, C ~ Should make a Mid day 2 pick as a G/C swingman
Trevor Scott, DE/OLB ~ Could fly up the boards.. former TE that was an absolute Force as a passrusher last year.. rumors of 4.5 40's.. could fly up the boards.

Central Michigan:

Curtis Cutts, SS ~ Should be a late day 1 early day 2 guy

Eastern Michigan:

Jason Jones, DE/OLB ~ Has all the intangibles just needs to put it together.

Kent State:

Jack Williams, CB ~ Undersized, but a solid CB.. Doesn't shy away.

Miami(OH):

Mike Kokal, QB ~ I think he has the talent to be a solid Pro QB, Size, Strength speed and accuracy. Now if he only had some talent around him.. Losing his RB last year didn't help.. especially with their OL.

Craig Mester, DE/OLB ~ Has the Numbers/Intangibles, just needs to tie it together.

Jerrid Gaines, CB ~ Good season and post-season and he could get drafted.

Charlie Nordin, OT ~ The late round/UDFA OT you root for. Great guy just needs to get a mean streak.

I'll think of some more later..

WarOnTheShore
09-01-2007, 01:18 PM
Nate Robinson sucks. He's on his third team and was beaten out in camp by a nobody and a freshman.

naruto613
09-10-2007, 02:31 PM
McRae is on his way up.

As of 9/10/07, McRae is the NCAA Points Leader and is tied for most rushing touchdowns. I'm sure that this week against VT will be a true test of his skill against Elite Defense.

Any thoughts on how his stock is doing?

fischbowl
09-10-2007, 06:34 PM
Akron:

Kris Kasperek, TE ~ Could get some late round looks.. Impressive size
Nate Robinson, DT ~ One of my favorite 3-4 DE Sleepers.
Jabari Arthur, WR ~ Great size, Needs to get down in speed and show his hands.

Bowling Green:

Kory Lichensteiger, C ~ one of the best C's in the country.
Pete Winovich, FB ~ Might make a roster as a UDFA.

Buffalo:

Jamey Richards, C ~ Should make a Mid day 2 pick as a G/C swingman
Trevor Scott, DE/OLB ~ Could fly up the boards.. former TE that was an absolute Force as a passrusher last year.. rumors of 4.5 40's.. could fly up the boards.

Central Michigan:

Curtis Cutts, SS ~ Should be a late day 1 early day 2 guy

Eastern Michigan:

Jason Jones, DE/OLB ~ Has all the intangibles just needs to put it together.

Kent State:

Jack Williams, CB ~ Undersized, but a solid CB.. Doesn't shy away.

Miami(OH):

Mike Kokal, QB ~ I think he has the talent to be a solid Pro QB, Size, Strength speed and accuracy. Now if he only had some talent around him.. Losing his RB last year didn't help.. especially with their OL.

Craig Mester, DE/OLB ~ Has the Numbers/Intangibles, just needs to tie it together.

Jerrid Gaines, CB ~ Good season and post-season and he could get drafted.

Charlie Nordin, OT ~ The late round/UDFA OT you root for. Great guy just needs to get a mean streak.

I'll think of some more later..

Trevor Scott is a beast.

Some more names that come to mind:

Calvin Hissong, S, CMU
Louis Delmas, S, WMU
Nick Varcadipane, DT, WMU
Travis Shelton, WR, Temple
Tim Hiller, QB, WMU
Corey Partridge, WR, Bowling Green

neko4
09-10-2007, 06:41 PM
1st Round MAC QB's
Chad Pennington
Byron Leftwich
Ben Roethlisburger
Dan LeFevour
It could happen

JETS5128
09-10-2007, 06:49 PM
Ball State has some decent guys in TE Darius Hill and their Punter who's name escapes me

Chris miller

Nate Davis is ballin too

SuperKevin
09-10-2007, 06:51 PM
I can't believe nobody has mentioned London Fryar CB from Western Michigan. Not only is he Irving Fryar's son, he's also one hell of a cover corner

CARDIAC CAT 7
09-11-2007, 11:11 AM
Jason Jones, Eastern Michigan (6'5" , 265 lbs., DT) , natural DE but he is E. Michs strongest and toughest player. had almost 20 TFL last season, hes a beast, will get drafted for sure.

phunnypharm
09-11-2007, 03:13 PM
I also like their tailback Jalen Parmele as a day 2 guy.

Parmele is 6'0" tall and 220 pounds........just about IDEAL size for a RB in the NFL. He also runs as low as 4.4 in the 40 according to their preseason articles. If he can stay healthy and run well at the combine, he could be looked at in the middle of the draft.

Oh....... he is also a GREAT kid with no character issues.

CARDIAC CAT 7
09-11-2007, 05:25 PM
Steven Friend the DT from Central Michigan , last year I saw him play Michigan he got like 8 tkls, 2 tfl , and a sack.