32. Oakland Raiders
31. Cleveland Browns
30. Atlanta Falcons
29. Kansas City Chiefs
28. Tennessee Titans
27. Miami Dolphins

Smooth Criminal
08-31-2007, 02:09 PM
Houston. I just don't think they have enough talent on their roster to do any better than this. Schaub hasn't proven anything so I don't think he will be good enough to help turn around an offense with a shabby line in front of him. Ahman Green is an injury waiting to happen. Defense has alot of holes, particularly along the D-line even after spending their first pick in the past two drafts on that area.

Shiver
08-31-2007, 02:11 PM
I know me and BBD will never vote Houston. We are both on the Texans' bandwagon, for better or for worse.

Ward
08-31-2007, 02:17 PM
How has Tampa not been chosen yet? What does that team do well anymore?

Im_a_Romosexual
08-31-2007, 02:18 PM
One of these times Minnesota has to be picked.

nobodyinparticular
08-31-2007, 02:25 PM
How has Tampa not been chosen yet? What does that team do well anymore?

I've said it before and I'll say it again, a lot of these teams are just as bad as the other. Tampa is not good. Don't get me wrong. I don't like their chances this year at all, but there are teams that I think will end up right around the same record and Tampa, Minnesota and Houston are all in that group. I just dislike Minnesota's QB situation a little more than I dislike Tampa's.

Vikes99ej
08-31-2007, 02:30 PM
I voted for the Lions.

terribletowel39
08-31-2007, 02:31 PM
i voted Tampa Bay because you can't really name a standout anywhere except Barber.

Shiver
08-31-2007, 02:35 PM
i voted Tampa Bay because you can't really name a standout anywhere except Barber.

Even Barber is not that much anymore, both he and Derrick Brooks aged like Walter Donovan when he drank from the false grail at the end of Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade last year.

comahan
08-31-2007, 02:36 PM
I know me and BBD will never vote Houston. We are both on the Texans' bandwagon, for better or for worse.

That would be because you two are smart.

:)

terribletowel39
08-31-2007, 02:38 PM
Even Barber is not that much anymore, both he and Derrick Brooks aged like Walter Donovan at the end of Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade last year.

well yea i thought about it for like 5 mins before posting if i should even include Barber. i think he is still better than alot of corners though so i gave him the thumbs up. if you are in the 20/20 club, you have to be doing something right.

yo123
08-31-2007, 04:41 PM
Call me a homer but I just dont understand why people think the Vikings will be worse than the Texans or Bucs.

Flyboy
08-31-2007, 04:47 PM
That would be because you two are smart.

:)

Or just have some big balls, heh.

terribletowel39
08-31-2007, 04:47 PM
Call me a homer but I just dont understand why people think the Vikings will be worse than the Texans or Bucs.
you are a homer.

just kidding. i don't think they will be worse than either. the vikings have too stingy of a defense.

neko4
08-31-2007, 04:58 PM

They should have a dangerous special teams unit this year with Mathis and Jacoby. But offensivily and in their secondary and they will struggle alot IMO. I feel Robinson is their only legit DB

But i voted Detroit. No OL means no time, and time is precious

Minny is pretty bad but their not HOU or DET bad

nobodyinparticular
08-31-2007, 05:27 PM
They should have a dangerous special teams unit this year with Mathis and Jacoby. But offensivily and in their secondary and they will struggle alot IMO. I feel Robinson is their only legit DB

But i voted Detroit. No OL means no time, and time is precious

Minny is pretty bad but their not HOU or DET bad

I'm not even a fan of Robinson to be honest. He gets interceptions, but he's not really a shutdown guy.

comahan
08-31-2007, 05:27 PM
Or just have some big balls, heh.

Im leaning with smart. Dammit.

P-L
08-31-2007, 05:33 PM
I voted for Minnesota, but I meant to vote for Tampa.

Shiver
08-31-2007, 09:05 PM
I meant to vote for Tampa Bay but I didn't. I wish I could change.

Vikes99ej
08-31-2007, 09:09 PM
I voted for Minnesota, but I meant to vote for Tampa.

C'mon P-L.

yodabear
08-31-2007, 09:09 PM
Minnesota shouldn't even be around now. They shoulda been long gone. I vote for them.

P-L
08-31-2007, 09:10 PM
C'mon P-L.

Don't worry, I changed my vote. If anyone wants their vote changed, let me know. I just realized I can do that now...

Vikes99ej
08-31-2007, 09:11 PM
Minnesota shouldn't even be around now. They shoulda been long gone. I vote for them.

I hope you get some posts deleted before your next one.

Shiver
08-31-2007, 09:15 PM
Don't worry, I changed my vote. If anyone wants their vote changed, let me know. I just realized I can do that now...

Change mine to Tampa Bay please.

Vikes99ej
08-31-2007, 09:20 PM
I don't even remember who I voted for.

TimD
08-31-2007, 09:20 PM

I'm surprised Minnesota is getting hated on so much... There are plenty of other teams that don't have star QBs with a lot worse supporting cast that are predicted to be good... Minnesota has 2 great running backs, an explosive receiving core, a solid line, the best run stopping line in the game, solid linebackers, and a competent secondary. Yes Jackson may not be the next Peyton, but i think he has potential... I don't see them picking anywhere before 8... but i could be wrong...

yodabear
08-31-2007, 09:21 PM
I hope you get some posts deleted before your next one.

That hurts me, but its true, USC and Louisville have better offenses than u.

Shiver
08-31-2007, 09:22 PM
I'm surprised Minnesota is getting hated on so much... There are plenty of other teams that don't have star QBs with a lot worse supporting cast that are predicted to be good... Minnesota has 2 great running backs, an explosive receiving core, a solid line, the best run stopping line in the game, solid linebackers, and a competent secondary. Yes Jackson may not be the next Peyton, but i think he has potential... I don't see them picking anywhere before 8... but i could be wrong...

Two things that I would take issue with.

P-L
08-31-2007, 09:22 PM
Shiver, who did you vote for in the first place?

Vikes99ej
08-31-2007, 09:24 PM

An explosive receiving core? Hmm-kay.

Shiver
08-31-2007, 09:25 PM
Shiver, who did you vote for in the first place?

I voted for Buffalo on impulse and instantly regretted it.

Vikes99ej
08-31-2007, 09:27 PM
Two things that I would take issue with.

What problem do you have with our secondary?

Shiver
08-31-2007, 09:33 PM
I admit the bad pass rush played a part in their struggles, but the secondary was still very porous last year.

TimD
08-31-2007, 10:42 PM
An explosive receiving core? Hmm-kay.

what i shoulda said was the potential to be an explosive receiving core...

i really like williamson and rice....

etk
08-31-2007, 10:45 PM
Even Barber is not that much anymore, both he and Derrick Brooks aged like Walter Donovan when he drank from the false grail at the end of Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade last year.

I know you probably just wanted to get a nice simile in, but Derrick Brooks hasn't shown his aging much at all. He's managed to maintain his speed and explosiveness, believe it or not, and is still among the league's best in those categories, along with his superior knowledge and instincts at his position. His statistics have decreased along with our defensive struggles in general, but his play has has remained at a high caliber. The only bad play I remember from him was missing Brian Westbrook late against the Eagles, but we still went on to win that game :)

I voted for the G Men. On paper they are much better than the Bucs (my next pick), but I just see them going through a similar collapse to what we went through last year. It's just mildly informed intuition, but it counts for something.

Crazy_Chris
08-31-2007, 11:33 PM
I admit the bad pass rush played a part in their struggles, but the secondary was still very porous last year.

Bad Pass rush had the majority to do with it, that and the yardage number is inflated because of just how many times we were passed on The Numbers that matter the most were average if not better For Comparison I added League Average, Best, Worst and #1 pass Defense(Oakland Raiders)...

Completetion Percentage
The Vikings Pass Defense allowed 59.3% of the opposing QB's passes to be completed. The League Average is 56.02% The Best being 54.8(Baltimore Ravens) Worst being 66.3(Detroit Lions). The Oakland Raiders #1 pass defense- 59.8%

Yards Per Attempt
The Minnesota Vikings Pass Defense'YPA was 6.70. The League average of YPA is 6.85. The Lowest is 5.83(chicago bears) and the highest was 7.6(Atlanta Falcons). The Oakland Raiders #1 Pass Defense - 6.42

Touchdowns
The Vikings pass defense also gave up merely 15 Td's 4th in the league The league Average was 20, the lowest is 10(Patriots) and the Highest 30(Redskins). The Oakland Raiders #1 pass defense- 17 Tds.

Interceptions
The Vikings Pass Defense had 21 interceptions 5th in the league. the league average wass 16. The most interceptions was 28(baltimore Ravens) and the lowest was 6(Washington Redskins). The Oakland Raiders #1 pass defense- 18 ints

Rating
Same Formula for QB Rating... The Vikings Pass Defense had 73.1. The League Average is 80.8. The Highest being 97.8(Washington Redskins) the lowest being 63.4 (Baltimore Ravens). The Oakland Raiders #1 Pass Defense- 74.1

All Numbers were calculated using Defensive Statistics from...

- http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/statistics?stat=teampass&pos=def&league=nfl&season=2&year=2006

bearfan
08-31-2007, 11:40 PM
I voted for Washington on accident. Buccaneers will be *and should be* #26. Look at them:
Questions at QB
Can Caddy do it?
Offensive line?
Galloway show
Aging defense

Here is what the Vikes have:
Questions at QB
good offensive line
good RBs
Williamson better?
question on defense

nobodyinparticular
09-01-2007, 01:52 AM
I voted for Washington on accident. Buccaneers will be *and should be* #26. Look at them:
Questions at QB
Can Caddy do it?
Offensive line?
Galloway show
Aging defense

Here is what the Vikes have:
Questions at QB
good offensive line
good RBs
Williamson better?
question on defense

Vikings receiving corps sucks, I like the answer at QB for the Bucs much better than the Vikings and I give a good sized edge to the Vikings at defense. I think Caddy can do pretty well this year--I'm banking on him having a bit of a bounce back year.

To expound, I don't see Jackson as a question for the Vikings, I predict (since that's what this is all about) that he is going to absolutely suck. Aaron Brooks-like suckage. I just don't feel he has the tools to do well and that when Childress passed on Quinn to take Peterson (when he had Taylor who ran for 1200/4.0 last season) he made a huge mistake. That's why I'm down on the Vikings--because I think their QB is not just mediocre, but will be downright terrible next season. As a matter of fact, Brooks and Jackson had very similar QB ratings last year. Chew on that.

On the other hand, Garcia has a track record to go off of, and a very good one at that. He is a manager (something that Jackson hasn't shown and that I don't believe he can do) and he should be able to manager the Bucs to a slightly better record than the Vikings. If you get terrible QB play, it doesn't matter how good your defense is, your team is going to suck. Just ask Raider fans. Jackson, I feel will be terrible, while Garcia can manage a QB rating between 80 and 90 and a win or two more than Minnesota.

Shiver
09-01-2007, 01:43 PM
Alright if anyone needs to vote there is a short time left.

diabsoule
09-01-2007, 01:59 PM
I voted Houston. I don't think this is their year, mostly because of their defense. I also think they need more weapons on offense especially at wide receiver and running back. I do not think Ahman Green can keep healthy for a full season and Ron Dayne is not the long term answer.