PDA

View Full Version : Appalachian State stuns Michigan in Michigan

Pages : [1] 2

diabsoule
09-01-2007, 02:45 PM
Appalachian State defeats Michigan 34-32 in Michigan.

On Appalachian State's final drive they drove 69 yards down the field in 1:11 with no timeouts relying on nothing but passing plays. They get down to the 5 yard line and kick a field goal with :40 seconds left.
On the kickoff Michigan gets to the 34 yard line. 1st play was an incomplete pass. Second play gets them 40 yards down the field to the Appalachian State 20 yard line. :5 second left.
Michigan sends in the field goal unit to kick an easy field goal with the ball being right in the middle of the field. Kicker lines up, the ball is snapped, and it is BLOCKED! An Appalachian State defensive end picks up the ball and rumbles down the field to the Michigan 5 yard line before being tackled.
Game over. Appalachian State completes one of the biggest upsets in college football.

One of the most unbelievable games I have ever watched.

SuperKevin
09-01-2007, 02:46 PM
Just goes to show you that the top teams in D1-AA are capable of hanging in D1-A

constant cough
09-01-2007, 02:47 PM
Games like this is why college football is better than the NFL.

diabsoule
09-01-2007, 02:48 PM
Appalachian State is thinking of making the move up to Div. I because they are one of the top teams in Div. I-AA. I think with this game they proved that they should be in Division I.

NittanyLion2k7
09-01-2007, 02:49 PM
I'm sorry this thread doesn't do the game justice.

Hawk
09-01-2007, 02:50 PM

kfjdkjfkfjakjdklfja

critesy
09-01-2007, 02:51 PM
ahahahah omg that was amazing. anyone watch it live on tv or in person ?

diabsoule
09-01-2007, 02:57 PM

I saw it on the Big Ten Network, which I didn't know I had until I turned it on to watch the game.

S4L
09-01-2007, 02:58 PM
Damn you, Comcast for not getting the Big Ten Network. Why don't you two girls stop fighting and make an agreement?

Windy
09-01-2007, 02:58 PM

yea i was at the game.

jballa838
09-01-2007, 03:00 PM
That was amazing.

Meanwhile mass suicides are happening in Ann Arbor due to this game

Vince Lombardi
09-01-2007, 03:00 PM
simply awesome. This certainly blows the Big Ten wide open!

diabsoule
09-01-2007, 03:01 PM
simply awesome. This certainly blows the Big Ten wide open!

Yeah, it does. If Appalachian State can beat Michigan I would expect Wisconsin to do the same.

WMD
09-01-2007, 03:01 PM
I'm not really that distraught.. I didn't get to see this happen because of the ********DBig Ten Network.

remix 6
09-01-2007, 03:02 PM
awesome. that just made App. States's season

Geo
09-01-2007, 03:02 PM
I saw it on the Big Ten Network, which I didn't know I had until I turned it on to watch the game.
Hah, same here. I didn't realize until 10 minutes left in the game (thanks DirecTV), but it was still awesome.

I did find it strange why App State kicked the GW FG, on 1st down with 30 seconds left. Run the ball once, to use the clock or Michigan's last timeout. They are lucky it didn't end up biting them in the rear, although the finish was beyond awesome.

SuperKevin
09-01-2007, 03:04 PM
Charles Godfrey of Iowa just had the most insane pick against Northern Illinois. Too bad iowa's QB sucks and is 1-7 to start the game

Vince Lombardi
09-01-2007, 03:04 PM
Yeah, it does. If Appalachian State can beat Michigan I would expect Wisconsin to do the same.

MI will rebound. I'm certainly not gonna right them off. It's always a tough game with them and Wisconsin, but this gives the other BIG 10 teams an edge for the title.

Tampa 2 4 life
09-01-2007, 03:05 PM
Haha, if the Big Ten needs a new team...

SuperKevin
09-01-2007, 03:05 PM
awesome. that just made App. States's season

I'm sure a 3rd straight D1-AA championship would be a lot sweeter for them than this win against Michigan

vatech=accdomination
09-01-2007, 03:07 PM
hahahhahahahahaahha, i was tired of hearing them being overhyped anyways.

Buckeyes
09-01-2007, 03:16 PM
michigan ******* blows...

diabsoule
09-01-2007, 03:17 PM
MI will rebound. I'm certainly not gonna right them off. It's always a tough game with them and Wisconsin, but this gives the other BIG 10 teams an edge for the title.

Yeah. Other teams will study the tape and see how they can stop Michigan, but Michigan also had plenty of opportunities to win the game. If they would've kicked extra points instead of going for two twice they wouldn't have been in the position they were in at the end of the game.

Here's a link. Front page of espn. http://espn.go.com/

TimD
09-01-2007, 03:17 PM
That was amazing.

Meanwhile mass suicides are happening in Ann Arbor due to this game

and soon to happen in jersey

*about to go purchase a gun*

princefielder28
09-01-2007, 03:19 PM

Sure hope so

diabsoule
09-01-2007, 03:19 PM
I just can't believe it. All of those senior's come back to hopefully win a national title and then lose their opener in their home stadium. That has to be one of the biggest heartbreaker's ever to experience.

diabsoule
09-01-2007, 03:20 PM
Sure hope so

I think Wisconsin is better. If they can stop Mike Hart and force Henne to beat them then I think they have the game won.

doingthisinsteadofwork
09-01-2007, 03:21 PM
Im so pissed I couldnt watch this game.

SuperKevin
09-01-2007, 03:22 PM
I just can't believe it. All of those senior's come back to hopefully win a national title and then lose their opener in their home stadium. That has to be one of the biggest heartbreaker's ever to experience.

Seriously. Think Jake Long is pretty steamed right now knowing he could be gearing up for his NFL opener with a huge rookie contract right now instead of dealing with a non conference loss to a D1-AA opponent?

Ho0k Em'
09-01-2007, 03:22 PM
I'm sure a 3rd straight D1-AA championship would be a lot sweeter for them than this win against Michigan

I would rather beat the #5 team in the country then beat a D1-AA team whether it's the championship or not.

TimD
09-01-2007, 03:23 PM
Im so pissed I couldnt watch this game.

can i become a temp fan of another team or what? i mean this college football season is ruined for me and everyone else whose a michigan fan

diabsoule
09-01-2007, 03:23 PM
Seriously. Think Jake Long is pretty steamed right now knowing he could be gearing up for his NFL opener with a huge rookie contract right now instead of dealing with a non conference loss to a D1-AA opponent?

The same thing with Mike Hart too, more than likely.

diabsoule
09-01-2007, 03:24 PM
can i become a temp fan of another team or what? i mean this college football season is ruined for me and everyone else whose a michigan fan

I'm wondering how far that is going to affect their national ranking?

SuperKevin
09-01-2007, 03:24 PM
I would rather beat the #5 team in the country then beat a D1-AA team whether it's the championship or not.

I'm sorry but a national championship at any level is huge especially when its for an unprecedented 3rd straight year

SuperKevin
09-01-2007, 03:25 PM
I'm wondering how far that is going to affect their national ranking?

Hopefully they are around the 20 mark next week

T-RICH49
09-01-2007, 03:25 PM
The same thing with Mike Hart too, more than likely.

Mike Hart from what I saw was the only Michigan guy to show up today.I think the rest thought they could roll their helmets onto the field and it be an easy win

PoopSandwich
09-01-2007, 03:27 PM
Try being in a bar in Ohio... That was some fun stuff and I'm not really even an OSU fan (I like them but I was there to watch Miami...)

Man that was awesome.

Borat
09-01-2007, 03:30 PM
I feel bad for the UM fans on this site, whom I like. I just wish Danman was here so I could bitchslap him.

dcarey20
09-01-2007, 03:32 PM
Awesome game.

TimD
09-01-2007, 03:33 PM
Awesome game.

nice sig.... real mature.... cant you let us weep without rubbing in our faces? :(

jk

diabsoule
09-01-2007, 03:34 PM
Mike Hart from what I saw was the only Michigan guy to show up today.I think the rest thought they could roll their helmets onto the field and it be an easy win

Mike Hart looked great out there today and he did most of his work after breaking the first tackle too.

srv fan
09-01-2007, 03:36 PM
All you fellow Michigan fans think that game was a nut punch to watch on TV? Try being at the game in the student section when the kick was blocked. To go from expected victory when Hart took it to the house, to expected loss when they kicked the FG, to expected victory when Manningham caught the deep ball and set up the kick, to then get it blocked... that might the definition of a game that makes you break things.

I think it was a major fluke resulting from an unprepared, unmotivated UM, an awesome game by AS, and a lot of luck, but major props to AS. They beat us, in our own house, when no one expected to.

Brodeur
09-01-2007, 03:37 PM
I knew App. State wouldn't be a cake walk but christ, I didn't expect that. Oh well, with the Tigers struggling a lot and Michigan probably out of it at this point, time to go hope for a Lions playoff berth........

someone447
09-01-2007, 03:42 PM
I knew App. State wouldn't be a cake walk but christ, I didn't expect that. Oh well, with the Tigers struggling a lot and Michigan probably out of it at this point, time to go hope for a Lions playoff berth........

I think Michigan recovering and winning the national championship is more likely than a Lions playoff berth.

constant cough
09-01-2007, 03:48 PM
Delenay was right those Big Ten academic standards have taken down another team.

Shane P. Hallam
09-01-2007, 03:48 PM
I am at tOSU's campus, and man, we were all screaming and watching it.

But honestly, this loss hurts the Big Ten A LOT.

LonghornsLegend
09-01-2007, 03:53 PM
WOW...michigan will fall out of the top 20 for sure, but just think about all the seniors on the offense....they came back to win a nat champ and thats out the door in the very first game, cant help but feel bad....Best case is they still beat tOSU and end up winning the big 12, they can still go to a BCS game

S4L
09-01-2007, 03:57 PM
What surprised me is that Appalachian State won despite having more turnovers than Michigan. Normally, upsets like this don't happen unless the team winning gets some luck from turnovers.

Buckeyes
09-01-2007, 04:20 PM
How embarrassing. What a joke of a program in the state up north. Joke.

CARDIAC CAT 7
09-01-2007, 04:28 PM
Wheres all those big Michigan homers know, lol

princefielder28
09-01-2007, 04:30 PM
WOW...michigan will fall out of the top 20 for sure, but just think about all the seniors on the offense....they came back to win a nat champ and thats out the door in the very first game, cant help but feel bad....Best case is they still beat tOSU and end up winning the big 12, they can still go to a BCS game

They play in the Big Ten

soybean
09-01-2007, 04:31 PM
imagine if someone bet money on this game. i heard on NBC that there was no line in the game because michigan was just so heavily favored.

RyanLeaf#1
09-01-2007, 04:32 PM
HAHAHAHAHAAHA this is great. All of them Michigan fans out there LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!

TimD
09-01-2007, 04:35 PM
HAHAHAHAHAAHA this is great. All of them Michigan fans out there LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!

thanks for the sympathy....

RyanLeaf#1
09-01-2007, 04:37 PM
thanks for the sympathy....

Sympathy? Are you kidding me 5th ranked Michigan cant beat a non division 1 opponent and you want sympathy?

thetedginnshow
09-01-2007, 04:38 PM
Apparently the ASU campus has been destroyed. Apparently Carr's house will also be destroyed later on tonight.

RyanLeaf#1
09-01-2007, 04:39 PM
Appalachian State is in hilbilly nation way down there in North Carolina

neko4
09-01-2007, 04:39 PM
So much for the SEC versus Big 10 debate

RyanLeaf#1
09-01-2007, 04:40 PM
So much for the SEC versus Big 10 debate

Thats a no brainer.

neko4
09-01-2007, 04:42 PM
This screwed up my pickem game...
Only 0% of College Pick'em users chose Appalachian St. to win the game.

TigerBait45
09-01-2007, 04:47 PM
Appalachain State has a pretty solid team, but I didn't think they had a chance in hell of actually winning this game.

They played LSU really hard a few years ago. LSU won 24-0, but App. State was in that game for a while. They played really hard.

Also, LOL michigan

LonghornsLegend
09-01-2007, 04:49 PM
They play in the Big Ten

ur right, excitement got the best of me and i wasnt paying attention :( lol...

BrownsTown
09-01-2007, 04:50 PM
Thanks Michigan. On one hand, this'll make it a whole lot harder to defend the Big 10. On the other hand, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Buckeyes
09-01-2007, 04:52 PM
I say instead of the Big Ten adding another team... We kick out Michigan and add two more teams that can actually contend.

They embarrass the Big Ten as well.

D-Unit
09-01-2007, 04:52 PM
Chad Henne and Mike Hart are both officially OUT of the Heisman Race.

GO COLT BRENNAN!!! :D

SuperKevin
09-01-2007, 04:53 PM
Chad Henne and Mike Hart are both officially OUT of the Heisman Race.

GO COLT BRENNAN!!! :D

I'd say Mike Hart is still in it with 186 yards rushing and 3 TDs

D-Unit
09-01-2007, 04:56 PM
OK, but Henne is OUT!!!!! YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAHH!!!!!!!

Say good bye to Round 1 of the 2008 NFL Draft, Mr. Chad Henne!

Buckeyes
09-01-2007, 05:00 PM

No its much harder to win the heisman when your team isn't winning... He probably has a 5% chance of winning right now... and if they lose again, which will happen. Then he is deffinently out.

Ewing
09-01-2007, 05:03 PM
Aw son of a ***** I was asleep and missed it. Any other upsets today?

LonghornsLegend
09-01-2007, 05:07 PM
No its much harder to win the heisman when your team isn't winning... He probably has a 5% chance of winning right now... and if they lose again, which will happen. Then he is deffinently out.

you guys act like arkansas is gonna go undefeated

P-L
09-01-2007, 05:18 PM
I am ashamed and embarrassed as a Michigan fan. Just goes to show you what happens when you look past teams and think you've won the game before it even started. I cannot say I didn't think this was a possibility. I woke up thinking "what if?" With a tough three game stretch coming up, I considered the possibility that Michigan would look past Appalachian State. I really didn't expect them to lose. There is zero excuse for giving up 34 points to a D1-AA team, regardless of if they are the best in the country. I feel horrible for the big three. They all could be gearing up for their first NFL game next Sunday, but they decided to come back to beat Ohio State and have one more shot at the National Championship. Well, one game into the season and their National Championship chances went down the drain. They can win the rest of their games, but because they lost to a D1-AA team, another one or two loss team will get to the title game before they do. I was watching the game at work, so I didn't catch much of Jake Long, but man was Mike Hart playing his ass off. Chad Henne looked decent. He should've played better than he did, but I thought he looked better than his stat line. I just wish people wouldn't write Michigan off like they are going to go 0-12 this year. It was one awful, awful loss. I guarantee they don't play this bad every game. We may not have any shot at the National Championship anymore, but I hope for Henne, Hart, and Long's sake that we can beat Ohio State.

P-L
09-01-2007, 05:18 PM

And Arkansas is going to have less than two losses?

Green Bay Scat
09-01-2007, 05:24 PM
i dont understand how people say they look past a team. Nobody does that, and if they do they shouldnt be playing. I doubt carr said who cares about App St. lets just go on to the next game. Why didnt he put in the backups then if they looked past it? why risk hurting starters if ur looking past it. Michigan was unlucky, they werent destroyed just some bad plays by Mich and good play by Appy. I dont hate Mich but i hate that they use the excuse "we" looked past them when they arent on the team, so how would u know.

MICHIGAN WAS UNLUCKY TODAY

SuperKevin
09-01-2007, 05:28 PM
I think you will see a mass exodus of talent leaving Michigan for the NFL this year. Not only will the Big 3 graduate but i think nearly every junior with pro potential will bolt now too

P-L
09-01-2007, 05:36 PM
I think you will see a mass exodus of talent leaving Michigan for the NFL this year. Not only will the Big 3 graduate but i think nearly every junior with pro potential will bolt now too

Because they lost one game? Yes, it was one of the worst losses in the school's history, but the season isn't over with yet. If they play like they are capable of playing and beat Wisconsin and/or Ohio State the season is still salvageable. Michigan could go 10-2 and win or share the Big 10 title. It's not out of the question. This Michigan team is better than they played today. A few years ago, Michigan went 7-5 and not all of the juniors jumped ship. People are making this loss out to be way more than it is. If they start losing more games, then we can act like it's the end of the world. This could be a blessing in disguise. We don't know. Michigan could be more motivated the rest of the way and play the rest of season with a chip on their shoulders. Just because they lost their chance at a National Championship doesn't mean they lost this season and next.

BX
09-01-2007, 05:37 PM
<--- App. State alumni

Goddamn, I should have stayed in town for graduate courses. I've been told they're going insane right now.

App. State is Hot Hot Hot, mutha****s!

SuperKevin
09-01-2007, 05:39 PM
Because they lost one game? Yes, it was one of the worst losses in the school's history, but the season isn't over with yet. If they play like they are capable of playing and beat Wisconsin and/or Ohio State the season is still salvageable. Michigan could go 10-2 and win or share the Big 10 title. It's not out of the question. This Michigan team is better than they played today. A few years ago, Michigan went 7-5 and not all of the juniors jumped ship. People are making this loss out to be way more than it is. If they start losing more games, then we can act like it's the end of the world. This could be a blessing in disguise. We don't know. Michigan could be more motivated the rest of the way and play the rest of season with a chip on their shoulders. Just because they lost their chance at a National Championship doesn't mean they lost this season and next.

I just think with the team already losing it's biggest stars, you'll see a lot of juniors following them to avoid something like this happening again next year

P-L
09-01-2007, 05:40 PM
Sympathy? Are you kidding me 5th ranked Michigan cant beat a non division 1 opponent and you want sympathy?
Yeah, Notre Dame fan should be laughing. Your team sure is putting on a show. Granted, you are playing a much better team, but come on. I guarantee you won't be laughing in two weeks.

SuperKevin
09-01-2007, 05:40 PM
<--- App. State alumni

Goddamn, I should have stayed in town for graduate courses. I've been told they're going insane right now.

Man Boone is already a craphole I can only imagine how badly they are tearing that place apart

duckseason
09-01-2007, 05:47 PM
People keep bashing Michigan for this loss, but really, we should be giving App St. a ton of credit. That was one of the biggest upsets in college football history. The little team from the mountains came into the big house and got it done. Michigan didn't beat themselves. Appalachian St. beat them.

BX
09-01-2007, 05:49 PM
I don't think I've ever spazzed out as hard as I did when Lynch blocked that FG. Jesus Lord... it's three hours later and I'm just now calming down enough to check out the boards reaction.

FNing. Epic.

Time to change my sig.

Ewing
09-01-2007, 06:17 PM
Yeah, Notre Dame fan should be laughing. Your team sure is putting on a show. Granted, you are playing a much better team, but come on. I guarantee you won't be laughing in two weeks.

As much as I love upsets I have to agree with PL. By the end of the year you could double Notre Dame's win total and it wouldn't equal Michigan's.

gstock05
09-01-2007, 06:24 PM
LOL at all the Michigan fans on here who called me out when I said their secondary was going to be a load of crap this year. As I said in multiple threads... English is a good coach, but the michigan secondary is not only young, but it also lacks talent minus Donovan Warren.

You think this was bad? Wait until Oregon next week.

duckseason
09-01-2007, 06:25 PM
LOL at all the Michigan fans on here who called me out when I said their secondary was going to be a load of crap this year. As I said in multiple threads... English is a good coach, but the michigan secondary is not only young, but it also lacks talent minus Donovan Warren.

You think this was bad? Wait until Oregon next week.

Yeah, but whatever they give up through the air, we'll give up twice that to Mike Hart. I'm not expecting us to walk on them at all.

Billingsley26
09-01-2007, 07:10 PM
WOW!!!!!! Has this been the year of upsets. I mean the season ended with Boise State and Oklahoma and starts off with App State beating Michigan. HOLY!!!! I taped the end of the game with my camera on the TV. Its pretty good qulaity if anyone wants to see it. Im gonna try and load it on here.

RyanLeaf#1
09-01-2007, 07:14 PM
That wasnt just the worst loss in Michigan history that was probably the worst loss in NCAA football history.

Ewing
09-01-2007, 07:29 PM
That wasnt just the worst loss in Michigan history that was probably the worst loss in NCAA football history.

Correct me if I'm wrong but hasn't Michigan won a bowl game this decade?

Yung Flippa
09-01-2007, 07:32 PM
super shocking and fun to watch.

Scotty D
09-01-2007, 07:37 PM
I had to listen to the game on the radio. But in your guys opinion did Michigan lose the game or did App St win it?

Billingsley26
09-01-2007, 07:41 PM
http://s233.photobucket.com/albums/ee206/cruk54/?action=view&current=000_0194.flv

here you go guys. straight from my camera. enjoy!!

richdg
09-01-2007, 08:05 PM
1 game that is it. Congrats to ASU, they played great. Many people were hoping for a NC this year. But I didn't expect one. I figured we would loose at least 1 game this year. Now that we have that out of the way, a few thoughts. First get of Carr's back. He is a good coach. He won the only NC that we have won since 1948! Yes 1948! It is not like we were winning the NC every year before he came here. Bo lost 75% of all the bowl games that Michigan played in. I am tired of everyone blaming the coaches. Are they the ones out there missing tackles? Not knowing were they are supposed to line up? Missing blocks? Dropping passes? No. This is not the end of the world. Michigan is not going to loose more than they win. They will finish the season with at least 10 wins.
But, again-congrats to ASU. They deserved to win, and we did not.

RyanLeaf#1
09-01-2007, 08:05 PM
I had to listen to the game on the radio. But in your guys opinion did Michigan lose the game or did App St win it?

I watched the whole game, and I would say App State won it. Michigans defense couldnt stop them.

Billingsley26
09-01-2007, 08:17 PM
1 game that is it. Congrats to ASU, they played great. Many people were hoping for a NC this year. But I didn't expect one. I figured we would loose at least 1 game this year. Now that we have that out of the way, a few thoughts. First get of Carr's back. He is a good coach. He won the only NC that we have won since 1948! Yes 1948! It is not like we were winning the NC every year before he came here. Bo lost 75% of all the bowl games that Michigan played in. I am tired of everyone blaming the coaches. Are they the ones out there missing tackles? Not knowing were they are supposed to line up? Missing blocks? Dropping passes? No. This is not the end of the world. Michigan is not going to loose more than they win. They will finish the season with at least 10 wins.
But, again-congrats to ASU. They deserved to win, and we did not.

That has to be a pretty dumb things to say. Your right it is not the coaches fault that these guys are missing tackles, missing blocks, dropping passes. But it is ASU right that they made those tackles, made those blocks and caught those passes. Its not the coaches fault, yet they have to prepare these players and put them in a position to make the tackle. The coaches should have done a better job.

DChess
09-01-2007, 08:22 PM
i wouldn't even put michigan in the top 25, its a home game, vs a d-1aa, sorry, championship division team, they have no right to be over teams that have already won, now if they win some games against teams like wisconsin and other big ten schools, then they should get back in, but as of right now, no.

RyanLeaf#1
09-01-2007, 08:25 PM
i wouldn't even put michigan in the top 25, its a home game, vs a d-1aa, sorry, championship division team, they have no right to be over teams that have already won, now if they win some games against teams like wisconsin and other big ten schools, then they should get back in, but as of right now, no.

There is no way they should be in the top 25 absolutely no way. Its not even like they lost to a San Jose State or Idaho..... This was a 1-AA team here.

RyanLeaf#1
09-01-2007, 08:30 PM

Notre Dame has a bunch of Freshman playing against an experienced and very good defense in G Tech who almost beat us last year. . Henne is a senior with experience surrounded by great players with experience ... (Manningham, Hart.. etc) Dont even try to justify that Notre Dame losing to G Tech is just as bad as Michigan losing to App State. Notre Dame is a team this year that if they have 4 wins Charlie did a great job. Michigan was ranked number 5 and was a legit NC contender. And they lost to a 1-aa team. If Michigan beats us in 2 weeks when Notre Dame is 0-2. Do you really think thatt will make Michigan look better??? No because it is possible Notre Dame will start the season 0-8.

NittanyLion2k7
09-01-2007, 08:35 PM
I don't know what game you were watching but Michigan looked like they were playing a complete surprise of a team. There coverage schemes were terrible. Huge cushions to everyone, and everytime one of the ASU receivers caught a pass they were wide open by at least 5 yards. In fact I think Edwards completed like his first 7 passes at least. Sure Michigan is partly to blame. But they were playing prevent defense vs. a spread offense. They got killed partly because of coaching and that is not a lie.

Sniper
09-01-2007, 08:37 PM
I say instead of the Big Ten adding another team... We kick out Michigan and add two more teams that can actually contend.

They embarrass the Big Ten as well.

Yeah, that makes a lot of ******* sense. Kick out the team with the most wins in college football history because of one game. Funny how you're talking about embarassing the Big 10 when you blew a huge dick on the biggest stage in college. So, if you could refrain from speaking, that would be a huge service to the rest of the board. LOLZ MICHIGAN LOST TO APP STATE LOLZ KICK THEM OUT OF THE BIG 10 HAHAHAHA OMGZ SUPER DUPER. That may be the dumbest statement I've ever read.

Rant aside, Appalachian State wanted it more. They made more plays, they played with fire etc...Michigan thought they could ride their history, the fact that they're Michigan and that they were ranked #5 and playing in the Big House and ASU said **** you. Mike Hart was the only player with a pulse and for that, I applaud Mike. Is it the worst loss in history? It's a strong possibility. Is it the end of the world? Nope. We can still win the Big 10 because last I checked, we're all 0-0 in the Big 10. So NittanyLion and Buckeyes think before you speak. Johnny Sears will be replaced by Warren next week and hopefully relegated to dime duty. The D will gel. The secondary sucks, plain and simple. But the rest of the D looked good in the second half, they made some adjustments.

On a final note, App State deserved this game, and Michigan has a lot of work to do. That being said, Michigan is not on a downward spiral or anything. One game does not break a program. We'll be back

JeffSamardzijaIRISH
09-01-2007, 08:38 PM
Michigan looked like last year's Notre Dame.

Sniper
09-01-2007, 08:38 PM
There is no way they should be in the top 25 absolutely no way. Its not even like they lost to a San Jose State or Idaho..... This was a 1-AA team here.

Guarandamntee App State could be a mediocre D-1 team. You're telling me two time D-1AA Champs wouldn't beat Duke, Stanford, Army etc....? You know damn well they would. They were fast, and pretty good.

JeffSamardzijaIRISH
09-01-2007, 08:40 PM
On a final note, App State deserved this game, and Michigan has a lot of work to do. That being said, Michigan is not on a downward spiral or anything. One game does not break a program. We'll be back

App State deserved the game??? I guess anytime a I-AA team plays you, you can say that but cmon, that's a terrible excuse. Even if Michigan has a lot of work to do, App State didn't deserve that game, Michigan should've won.

neko4
09-01-2007, 08:41 PM
What Div your in has very little to do w/ your school's talent. If it did, Hampton and App St would be I-A. It has more to do w/ stadium size and other factors

Sniper
App State deserved the game??? I guess anytime a I-AA team plays you, you can say that but cmon, that's a terrible excuse. Even if Michigan has a lot of work to do, App State didn't deserve that game, Michigan should've won.

Yes They deserved the game because they WANTED TO WIN THE GAME MORE! Plain and simple, Appalachian State wanted it bad enough, and they took it from Michigan.

RyanLeaf#1
Guarandamntee App State could be a mediocre D-1 team. You're telling me two time D-1AA Champs wouldn't beat Duke, Stanford, Army etc....? You know damn well they would. They were fast, and pretty good.

Im sorry, but Duke, Stanford have way better football recruits that go to their schools then App State.

NittanyLion2k7
09-01-2007, 08:42 PM
Michigan looked like last year's Notre Dame.

That's so true on many levels. And it's probably the death blow that will finish this team off. Consider yourselves cursed by Jeff Samardzija...

ThEvIcTR
09-01-2007, 08:43 PM
mmmMMMMmmmMMMmmm Humble pie for the third straight game in a role...

Carr needs to resign and let Michigan bring in new blood.

If Ron English becomes the head coach I'll kill someone.

duckseason
09-01-2007, 08:43 PM

What????? I find it hilarious that people feel the need to downplay how great App St. played today. THEY WENT INTO THE BIG HOUSE AND SMACKED THE #5 TEAM IN THE MOUTH. They definitely deserve all the accolades they can get right now. The earned that win, without question.

Sniper
09-01-2007, 08:44 PM
That's so true on many levels. And it's probably the death blow that will finish this team off. Consider yourselves cursed by Jeff Samardzija...

What's awesome about Michigan is that even when we suck, we beat Penn State. And since I live in PSU country, that works for me.

RyanLeaf#1
09-01-2007, 08:46 PM
What????? I find it hilarious that people feel the need to downplay how great App St. played today. THEY WENT INTO THE BIG HOUSE AND SMACKED THE #5 TEAM IN THE MOUTH. They definitely deserve all the accolades they can get right now. The earned that win, without question.

I agree with you 100%

Sniper
09-01-2007, 08:48 PM
I agree with you 100%

As do I, which is why I posted what I did.

NittanyLion2k7
09-01-2007, 08:48 PM
What's awesome about Michigan is that even when we suck, we beat Penn State. And since I live in PSU country, that works for me.

We'll see who beats who this year. As it looks now I dont know if you could beat Appalachian State... oh wait... HA HA.

As for the arguement that ASU is equivalent to a Medicore D-IA Team, they need to look at their last couple of recruiting classes. They have a total of 2 ranked players in the last 5 classes, one of them is a 3 star and the other a 2 star. Dexter JAckson is probably a walk on since he isn't even listed... and Armanti Edwards is a 0 star Athlete on Rivals.

Sniper
09-01-2007, 08:49 PM
We'll see who beats who this year. As it looks now I dont know if you could beat Appalachian State... oh wait... HA HA.

As for the arguement that ASU is equivalent to a Medicore D-IA Team, they need to look at their last couple of recruiting classes. They have a total of 2 ranked players in the last 5 classes, one of them is a 3 star and the other a 2 star. Dexter JAckson is probably a walk on since he isn't even listed... and Armanti Edwards is a 0 star Athlete on Rivals.

Talk to me when you beat us more than once every 10 years

S4L
09-01-2007, 08:51 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong but hasn't Michigan won a bowl game this decade?

What does that have to do with anything he said?

I agree with that. Like I said earlier, they had some luck on their side, but App. State actually LOST the turnover battle and still won. That deserves some major props on its own.

And how about the sophomore QB Armanti Edwards? 17-23 for 227 yards through the air and 62 on the ground VERSUS MICHIGAN in front of 100,000. I'd definitely be keeping an eye on this kid if I were an NFL scout.

duckseason
09-01-2007, 08:52 PM

All that proves is how inaccurate some of those recruiting services can be. There's a lot of extremely talented kids across the country who were nothing more than a 2 star or less. Armanti Edwards is the perfect example.

RyanLeaf#1
09-01-2007, 08:52 PM
As do I, which is why I posted what I did.

But like I said before you cant say that App State gets better recruits then Duke or Stanford because they dont.

ThEvIcTR
09-01-2007, 08:54 PM
Sincce when does recruit stars have ANYTHING to do with college football. Have you ever played football before? Once you step on that field anything can happen. It isnt about recruit stars it is about X's and O's and who wants it more.

We were out coached and out played hands down... Watching the highlights thr defensive scheme made me throw up. Who leaves the ******* middle of the field open and lets people pick us apart.....ohh ron english and lloyd carr do.

Sniper
09-01-2007, 08:54 PM
But like I said before you cant say that App State gets better recruits then Duke or Stanford because they dont.

Maybe not, but I think they would be a decent small conference team. Of course people are going to take a schollie to a D-1 school over a 1-AA.

duckseason
09-01-2007, 08:55 PM

I agree with that. But I bet they could if they were a D1 school. They're obviously doing something right down there in the boonies. Stanford is often limited with recruiting because of their high academic standards.

NittanyLion2k7
09-01-2007, 08:56 PM
Talk to me when you beat us more than once every 10 years

Talk to me when you win a BCS Bowl more than once every 20 years. Oh yeah, and the last time we beat Ohio State we went to the Orange Bowl and finished 3rd overall. When was the last time you did either one of those in a season? Oh wait I remember. You finished 3rd in the year you got romped by USC in the Rose Bowl. Welcome to your sad team history.

RyanLeaf#1
09-01-2007, 08:57 PM
I agree with that. But I bet they could if they were a D1 school. They're obviously doing something right down there in the boonies. Stanford is often limited with recruiting because of their high academic standards.

And Duke isnt? So your saying players would rather go to App State then Duke or Stanford??? You must be crazy. Look at Dukes headcoach, and look at some of the players that went to Stanford and where Stanford is located compared to Boone North Carolina.

Sniper
09-01-2007, 08:58 PM
Talk to me when you win a BCS Bowl more than once every 20 years. Oh yeah, and the last time we beat Ohio State we went to the Orange Bowl and finished 3rd overall. When was the last time you did either one of those in a season? Oh wait I remember. You finished 3rd in the year you got romped by USC in the Rose Bowl. Welcome to your sad team history.

Sad team history? I could have sworn we have more NC, Heisman, Big 10 titles, wins over you, wins over everyone....I'd use that weak excuse too if my team beat yours once every 10 years

ThEvIcTR
09-01-2007, 08:58 PM
Sad team history.......I'm not even gonna bring that argument up.

GB12
09-01-2007, 09:00 PM
Sincce when does recruit stars have ANYTHING to do with college football. Have you ever played football before? Once you step on that field anything can happen. It isnt about recruit stars it is about X's and O's and who wants it more.

So a highschool team with a great coach could beat the Colts if they want it more? I'm sorry but that's a load of bull.

duckseason
09-01-2007, 09:01 PM
And Duke isnt? So your saying players would rather go to App State then Duke or Stanford??? You must be crazy. Look at Dukes headcoach, and look at some of the players that went to Stanford and where Stanford is located compared to Boone North Carolina.

Not sure what you mean. Duke isn't what? I'm saying that academic standards tie the hands of football programs when it comes to recruiting. Most of the top athletes don't qualify for those schools. I'm saying that a school like App St would without question improve their recruiting with a switch to D1, especially in light of this huge win and the resulting national exposure. Top talent doesn't want to play D1AA.

DChess
09-01-2007, 09:02 PM
So a highschool team with a great coach could beat the Colts if they want it more? I'm sorry but that's a load of bull.

thats kinda taking his point to the extreme.

NittanyLion2k7
09-01-2007, 09:02 PM
Sad team history? I could have sworn we have more NC, Heisman, Big 10 titles, wins over you, wins over everyone....I'd use that weak excuse too if my team beat yours once every 10 years

Thats funny. We got 2 titles in the last 25 years while you have only 1. Most of your titles came back in the old days of leather helmets.

And as for Heisman's sure you got that edge I'll give it to you.

But you can't compare Big Ten titles, we've only been in the league for 16 going on 17 seasons.

And P.S. Michigan is sad.

ThEvIcTR
09-01-2007, 09:03 PM

yeah that actually just makes you look like an idiot....

RyanLeaf#1
09-01-2007, 09:04 PM
Not sure what you mean. Duke isn't what? I'm saying that academic standards tie the hands of football programs when it comes to recruiting. Most of the top athletes don't qualify for those schools. I'm saying that a school like App St would without question improve their recruiting with a switch to D1, especially in light of this huge win and the resulting national exposure. Top talent doesn't want to play D1AA.

Im saying Duke academicly is also very hard to get into. I agree but until they switch this really isnt an arguement. Because if someone gets offered to Stanford or Duke and the same kid gets offered to App State hes taking either Duke or Stanford.

ThEvIcTR
We are sad yet we have beaten you the last 10 years? yeah that makes sense

GB12
thats kinda taking his point to the extreme.
Oh definitely, but look at what he said. Saying that talent level does not mean "ANYTHING" is rediculous.

NittanyLion2k7
09-01-2007, 09:06 PM
We are sad yet we have beaten you the last 10 years? yeah that makes sense

http://assets.espn.go.com/media/ncf/2005/1228/photo/a_nunn_412.jpg

Edit how about one more for good measure.

http://www.bowlbound.com/cfnews/2006Bowls/photos/smRose_Bowl9.jpg

ThEvIcTR
09-01-2007, 09:08 PM
Anyone can beat anyone at any given time on any given day. We just dont see many upsets like this in college football because we never let teams like APP State play D-1 teams. College basketball does a very good job at letting "Lesser Talented" teams play D-1 teams and it sometimes makes for a great game.

ThEvIcTR
09-01-2007, 09:09 PM
Where are the ones of Penn State.... Oh wait... It has been 10 years since you have beat us and you can only find pictures of teams that have actually beaten us in the last 10 years.

RyanLeaf#1
09-01-2007, 09:11 PM
Anyone can beat anyone at any given time on any given day. We just dont see many upsets like this in college football because we never let teams like APP State play D-1 teams. College basketball does a very good job at letting "Lesser Talented" teams play D-1 teams and it sometimes makes for a great game.

In college football its always in the first week. Because its used as a warm-up game, but you cant really compare it to college basketball because they play 25 plus games a year. Where football only plays like 11.

duckseason
09-01-2007, 09:11 PM
Im saying Duke academicly is also very hard to get into. I agree but until they switch this really isnt an arguement. Because if someone gets offered to Stanford or Duke and the same kid gets offered to App State hes taking either Duke or Stanford.

Yeah, I didn't say Duke wasn't. Just that Stanford was. I'm not arguing anything. Just saying that App St. could certainly compete on the D1 level if they were to make the switch. Their biggest hindrance right now is the fact that they're D1AA. I think the current gap between them and Stanford as a football team is not that wide at all and could easily be closed. But yeah, it's just all supposition at this point so who really cares. I was just making a comment.

GB12
09-01-2007, 09:13 PM
Yes, upsets do happen. However there is no excuse for a BCS conference team, let alone one that's ranked in the top 5, losing to a DIaa team.

RyanLeaf#1
09-01-2007, 09:14 PM
Yeah, I didn't say Duke wasn't. Just that Stanford was. I'm not arguing anything. Just saying that App St. could certainly compete on the D1 level if they were to make the switch. Their biggest hindrance right now is the fact that they're D1AA. I think the current gap between them and Stanford as a football team is not that wide at all and could easily be closed. But yeah, it's just all supposition at this point so who really cares. I was just making a comment.

The other thing is. IF App state did go D-1 what conference would they get into? Then it comes the choice of do you want to play in the ACC for Duke the Pac 10 for Stanford or in the Sunbelt for App State.

TimD
They will finish the season with at least 10 wins.

im a michigan fan too.... but you think we're going undefeated for the rest of the year?

neko4
montana (state?) over colorado

NittanyLion2k7
09-01-2007, 09:15 PM
Where are the ones of Penn State.... Oh wait... It has been 10 years since you have beat us and you can only find pictures of teams that have actually beaten us in the last 10 years.

http://media3.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/photo/2006/01/04/PH2006010400108.jpg

Ethan Kilmer can catch better than you!

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/123/342552599_524a334631_o.jpg

Andrew Quarless says we've got 2 bowls the last 2 years, what do you have?

RyanLeaf#1
09-01-2007, 09:15 PM
montana (state?) over colorado

Montana State over Colorado wasnt even close to as bad as today. Colorado sucked last year. Plus they werent even ranked in the top 75 when the season started. Michigan was 5th in the nation. Colorado started the season like 0-8.

ThEvIcTR
09-01-2007, 09:16 PM
I'll be the first one to say they out played us, our Defense was extremely poor. This is the final chop of the axe of Bo's coaching tree.

ThEvIcTR
09-01-2007, 09:17 PM
Joe Pa and the record books say you have 10 straight losses to a "Sad Team" even when you had larry johnson.... you guys are the sad team.

Sniper
09-01-2007, 09:18 PM
http://media3.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/photo/2006/01/04/PH2006010400108.jpg

Ethan Kilmer can catch better than you!

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/123/342552599_524a334631_o.jpg

Andrew Quarless says we've got 2 bowls the last 2 years, what do you have?

http://www.mikedesimone.com/m05/pennstate/ap04.jpg

Mario Manningham says Penn State can't beat Michigan even on bad Michigan years. Bowls are ******* ******** anyway. The only bowl that matters is the NC game.

duckseason
09-01-2007, 09:20 PM
The other thing is. IF App state did go D-1 what conference would they get into? Then it comes the choice of do you want to play in the ACC for Duke the Pac 10 for Stanford or in the Sunbelt for App State.

Yeah, I'm just saying that they would definitely get better recruits than they do now if they made the switch. You're ignoring my point about academic standards though. Kids wouldn't be choosing between those 3 schools because kids that are considering going to Stanford won't be going to a school like App St, and kids considering going to App St likely won't have the academic credentials to go to a school like Stanford. So that is a mute point.

neko4
09-01-2007, 09:21 PM
im a michigan fan too.... but you think we're going undefeated for the rest of the year?

10-2, so one loss

RyanLeaf#1
09-01-2007, 09:22 PM
Yeah, I'm just saying that they would definitely get better recruits than they do now if they made the switch. You're ignoring my point about academic standards though. Kids wouldn't be choosing between those 3 schools because kids that are considering going to Stanford won't be going to a school like App St, and kids considering going to App St likely won't have the academic credentials to go to a school like Stanford. So that is a mute point.

I totally agree if they make the switch they definitely get better recruits.

DChess
09-01-2007, 09:27 PM
i love how michigan fans are talking ****, you guys lost to a D-1AA school, shut the **** up

Sniper
09-01-2007, 09:28 PM
Yeah we lost. Doesn't mean we don't own others

RyanLeaf#1
09-01-2007, 09:31 PM
i love how michigan fans are talking ****, you guys lost to a D-1AA school, shut the **** up

That is definitely the truth. If I was a Michigan fan right now I really would have nothing to say. Michigan scheduled that game to warm up for the harder competition to come, and they lost.

DChess
09-01-2007, 09:39 PM
Yeah we lost. Doesn't mean we don't own others

ohio st kicks your ass every year, you lose in bowl games every year, you lose to d1-aa schools

duckseason
09-01-2007, 09:40 PM
ohio st kicks your ass every year, you lose in bowl games every year, you lose to d1-aa schools

They also tend to lose quite often to underdog Pac10 teams.

Sniper
09-01-2007, 09:41 PM

Yeah losing by 3 is really getting your ass kicked.

robert_in_bigd
09-01-2007, 09:41 PM
Lloyd Carr has been a monumental moron since I went their in the 90s and he still is.

Hopefully, god willing, the "Wolverine Community" (Michigan WASPs) will make a serious run at a real coach. Not some low IQ monkey "Michigan Man" like Lloyd.

Try getting someone with a brain who is not brainwashed.

Sniper
09-01-2007, 09:42 PM
They also tend to lose quite often to underdog Pac10 teams.

We sure as hell do.

duckseason
09-01-2007, 09:44 PM
We sure as hell do.

Sorry bud, don't mean to kick you guys while you're down. Just thought that comment was missing form his post.

BrownsTown
09-01-2007, 09:44 PM
That is definitely the truth. If I was a Michigan fan right now I really would have nothing to say. Michigan scheduled that game to warm up for the harder competition to come, and they lost.

Exactly, they can't say they will be ANYONE on their schedule right now. Right now, I honestly expect them to lose 3 or 4 more games the rest of the year. At least. They really better come out strong next week.

Sniper
09-01-2007, 09:47 PM
Sorry bud, don't mean to kick you guys while you're down. Just thought that comment was missing form his post.

No harm done. It's true. It's just kind of dumb when fans of schools that haven't beat you since Clinton was getting blown in the Oval Office talk ****. But we lost to App, so we deserve it.

duckseason
09-01-2007, 09:51 PM
Exactly, they can't say they will be ANYONE on their schedule right now. Right now, I honestly expect them to lose 3 or 4 more games the rest of the year. At least. They really better come out strong next week.

I expect that they will. I expect them to move the ball steadily. We'll probably be more inconsistent and will need to rely on big plays. We play a spread too, so I doubt they'll make some of the same mistakes they made today. This was probably the worst scenario that could have happened from our perspective.

Borat
09-01-2007, 09:52 PM
Goddamn Sniper, I've tried to rep you like 10 times today. You've been on fire.

Borat
09-01-2007, 09:53 PM
"You must spread some more rep around before giving it to Sniper26 again."

Sniper
09-01-2007, 09:53 PM
Goddamn Sniper, I've tried to rep you like 10 times today. You've been on fire.

I'm an angry man today...I haven't seen your rep.

EDIT: Oh you repped me a couple days ago for the NCAA 08 radio show idea haha. That's why

RyanLeaf#1
09-01-2007, 09:54 PM
No harm done. It's true. It's just kind of dumb when fans of schools that haven't beat you since Clinton was getting blown in the Oval Office talk ****. But we lost to App, so we deserve it.

If Notre Dame lost to App State do you know how much $hit talking would be going on around here. The only thing is Notre Dame would never schedule App State. ND has one of the hardest SOS every year. One way to avoid stuff like that happening is not schedule them. Maybe Lloyd will think of that at the next school hes at.

TimD
09-01-2007, 09:58 PM
yes we lost to a D1 AA school.... yes it was supposed to be a tuneup game... but notice who we're talking trash too... PENN STATE fans.... now psu is my num 1 school but i mean they havent beat us in 10 years... talk when they beat us until then a laugh maybe a post or two about the App St game will do but anything else is overboard... 0-10 is ur record against us so shut the f up

Sniper
09-01-2007, 09:58 PM
If Notre Dame lost to App State do you know how much $hit talking would be going on around here. The only thing is Notre Dame would never schedule App State. ND has one of the hardest SOS every year. One way to avoid stuff like that happening is not schedule them. Maybe Lloyd will think of that at the next school hes at.

Ryan, I like you and all, but get your teams straight. It's PSU we're dealing with here. ND scheduled Duke. I'd take ASU over Duke. There's plenty of trash talking going on AS THERE SHOULD BE. Michigan deserves to forfeit the rest of our games for losing to a 1-AA squad.

RyanLeaf#1
09-01-2007, 10:00 PM
Ryan, I like you and all, but get your teams straight. It's PSU we're dealing with here. ND scheduled Duke. I'd take ASU over Duke. There's plenty of trash talking going on AS THERE SHOULD BE. Michigan deserves to forfeit the rest of our games for losing to a 1-AA squad.

Yea ND plays Duke at the backend of the schedule. Not to open the season so we can start off 1-0.

Sniper
09-01-2007, 10:01 PM
Yea ND plays Duke at the backend of the schedule. Not to open the season so we can start off 1-0.

We don't schedule ASU to go 1-0 either apparently ;) :(

RyanLeaf#1
09-01-2007, 10:03 PM
We don't schedule ASU to go 1-0 either apparently ;) :(

You'll be able to break my balls in 2 weeks when Michigan beats ND 46-3

Sniper
09-01-2007, 10:05 PM
You'll be able to break my balls in 2 weeks when Michigan beats ND 46-3

Hey I don't care that you break my balls. A) You lose to 1-AA, you deserve it. B) ND has actually beat UM this millenium. But hey, if we do have to lose to 1-AA, make it to the 2x defending champs. And there's no way ND only scores 3 on us. Not after seeing Johnny Sears

comahan
09-01-2007, 10:06 PM
Its okay. Texas almost lost to Arkansas State.

Sniper
09-01-2007, 10:07 PM
Its okay. Texas almost lost to Arkansas State.

Almost. They didn't though :( Haha that would be something. Two top 5 teams losing at home to 1-AA in the same day

RyanLeaf#1
09-01-2007, 10:10 PM
Almost. They didn't though :( Haha that would be something. Two top 5 teams losing at home to 1-AA in the same day

Arkansas State is in the SunBelt

P-L
09-01-2007, 10:11 PM

Except Arkansas State isn't 1-AA. They were actually a bowl team the last two years. For some reason everyone forgets that Arkansas State is D1-A.

Sniper
09-01-2007, 10:11 PM
Arkansas State is in the SunBelt

You are correct. My bad.

RyanLeaf#1
09-01-2007, 10:14 PM
You are correct. My bad.

Its cool if I wasnt such a degenerate gambler I would probably of thought they were 1-aa too.

CARDIAC CAT 7
09-01-2007, 10:22 PM
Lloyd Carr is on his last leg now, he needs to win ALL of his big time games to keep his job, which is going to be tough for him. This game shows that Michigan cant defend the spread offense and their are jack-squat without Mike Hart in the backfield. Props to Mike he did play banged up and tried his best to bring them back(this does not mean I think hes a NFL Caliber back, but I do believe he is a good Collegiate back). GO BADGERS, WIN THAT BIG TEN>

Sniper
09-01-2007, 10:24 PM
Lloyd Carr is on his last leg now, he needs to win ALL of his big time games to keep his job, which is going to be tough for him. This game shows that Michigan cant defend the spread offense and their are jack-squat without Mike Hart in the backfield. Props to Mike he did play banged up and tried his best to bring them back(this does not mean I think hes a NFL Caliber back, but I do believe he is a good Collegiate back). GO BADGERS, WIN THAT BIG TEN>

It's Lloyd's last year anyway, I'm thinking.

P-L
09-01-2007, 10:29 PM
Lloyd Carr is on his last leg now, he needs to win ALL of his big time games to keep his job

Unfortunately, I don't think so. If Michigan ends the season 9-3 or 10-2 he has a chance to stay IF he beats Ohio State. I think if he can get 9 wins and a W over Ohio State, he can buy himself one more year. Although, I hope that is not that case.

goodlookin
09-01-2007, 10:55 PM
I absolutely hate michigan but I feel for mike hart 23 carries for 188 and 3 Td's while being injured...anyone else think its time for a playoff system?

skarocksoi
09-01-2007, 10:57 PM
As a Penn State fan, I have to say that I am enjoying every moment of this embarrassment to Michigan. That being said, you guys do kick our butts year in and year out and I feel bad that your national championship hopes are pretty much done (I would rather have us end them). You guys are going to be just fine though, and I wouldn't be suprised to see you win the rest of your games except for maybe Ohio State.

Michigan fans might want to lock themselves in a room for the rest of the week with no TV or internet, cause this week is going to seriously suck for you guys.

ncst8fan83
09-02-2007, 12:01 AM
Man Boone is already a craphole I can only imagine how badly they are tearing that place apart

With a ******** statement like that, I'm going to assume you're a dumbass yankee that has never stepped foot in the town of Boone. And if I'm correct in pegging you as a northerner, can you tell all of the other dumb ass yanks to stay the hell out of NC? I'd appreciate it, thanks.

As for App State going to DivIA, I don't think the state of NC can support 5 D1A teams from a recruiting standpoint. Although, the other 4 teams suck anyway, so why not throw another one in the mix? Don't think it'll happen, regardless. Maybe we can trade Duke for App State? I'd take that any day of the week.

SuperKevin
09-02-2007, 12:04 AM
With a ******** statement like that, I'm going to assume you're a dumbass yankee that has never stepped foot in the town of Boone. And if I'm correct in pegging you as a northerner, can you tell all of the other dumb ass yanks to stay the hell out of NC? I'd appreciate it, thanks.

As for App State going to DivIA, I don't think the state of NC can support 5 D1A teams from a recruiting standpoint. Although, the other 4 teams suck anyway, so why not throw another one in the mix? Don't think it'll happen, regardless. Maybe we can trade Duke for App State? I'd take that any day of the week.

I've been to Boone several times. I went to college at Gardner-Webb and my roommate/best friend was from Ashe County

yodabear
09-02-2007, 12:06 AM
GO BADGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!! But does this mean if the Wolverines go onto win the bg ten, which obviously, I think the Badgers are going to anyway, but if a miracle happens, does this mean Appalacian St. could win the big ten. I am not trading teams cuz of this game, I am trading cuz I go to a UW system school, and the book says I must be a Badger fan, so I follow the rules.

GB12
09-02-2007, 12:12 AM
I'm still pissed this game wasn't on TV. It would have been such a good game to watch.

**** you Big Ten Network!

DChess
09-02-2007, 12:40 AM
I've been to Boone several times. I went to college at Gardner-Webb and my roommate/best friend was from Ashe County

ncst got shut the **** down, thats what you get for assuming, ****

Nerv
09-02-2007, 02:33 AM

He just wanted to rant about 'yankees'

soybean
09-02-2007, 02:57 AM
the pac-10 will gladly trade you mike stoops for lloyd carr.

diabsoule
09-02-2007, 04:28 AM
The story I read is that Appalachian State is contemplating the move to Div. I-A but it wouldn't be made til well after 2010.

LonghornsLegend
09-02-2007, 04:31 AM
well its not like this win doesnt put ASU on the map now, as if back 2 back 1AA champs wasnt enough, its a sought after school, no they dont have the athletes that USC does, but some of you guys are forgetting the system has alot to do with this win also, their offensive scheme was pretty good, with a good qb...

but whats the name of ASU's wr, he looked faster then anyone on michigans defense all together, and was looking like a 5 star WR

Sniper
09-02-2007, 06:14 AM
Wow I woke up praying it was all a dream...sadly it wasn't. Johnny Sears is probably dead in the streets of A Squared right now. Besides the obvious, here's what Michigan needs to do.

- Can Carr
- More consistency from Henne
- GIVE MIKE HART THE ******* ROCK
- Give Mario the rock too
- Bench Sears, start Warren who is a manimal
- Teach Crable to block
- Not **** up
- Win every game by 50

Please for the love of God beat O-State.

Michigan
09-02-2007, 07:54 AM
- Teach Crable to block

What? (10)

Sniper
09-02-2007, 08:30 AM
What? (10)

Crable is the one who blocked outside instead of inside on the GW FG attempt.

RyanLeaf#1
09-02-2007, 08:34 AM
Michigan plays Oregon next week right?

Wow I woke up praying it was all a dream...sadly it wasn't. Johnny Sears is probably dead in the streets of A Squared right now. Besides the obvious, here's what Michigan needs to do.

- Can Carr
- More consistency from Henne
- GIVE MIKE HART THE ******* ROCK
- Give Mario the rock too
- Bench Sears, start Warren who is a manimal
- Teach Crable to block
- Not **** up
- Win every game by 50

Please for the love of God beat O-State.

Sniper
09-02-2007, 08:40 AM
Michigan plays Oregon next week right?

Yes. 3:30 kickoff at the Grande Casa. We're going to really struggle with their spread, worse than I thought. I thought Sears might have learned to play football over the summer, I was wrong. Nice to see Trent get a pick though. Warren needs to start...NOW.

On the flip side, Oregon's D looked pretty crappy, so we could be looking at a 56-55 game.

RyanLeaf#1
09-02-2007, 08:45 AM
Yes. 3:30 kickoff at the Grande Casa. We're going to really struggle with their spread, worse than I thought. I thought Sears might have learned to play football over the summer, I was wrong. Nice to see Trent get a pick though. Warren needs to start...NOW.

On the flip side, Oregon's D looked pretty crappy, so we could be looking at a 56-55 game.

I cant wait to watch that game. Should be more interesting then see Penn State beat my squad 48-0

Twiddler
09-02-2007, 08:59 AM
I'm still pissed this game wasn't on TV. It would have been such a good game to watch.

**** you Big Ten Network!

I agree. I definitely hope that they may be seeing how they are cutting off a majority of the college football fans from such great games that everyone should have a right to see if they have cable. Sadly, this may drive people to get the Big Ten Network so they don't miss anymore big games. Either way, **** 'em.

RyanLeaf#1
09-02-2007, 09:05 AM

I cant wait to see what the line is on this game

Sveen
09-02-2007, 09:10 AM
Just watched to last quarter after reading the the title of this post. Unbelievable.

Sniper
09-02-2007, 10:42 AM

Oregon -15 is my guess haha

RyanLeaf#1
09-02-2007, 10:45 AM
Oregon -15 is my guess haha

Is the game at Oregon or in Michigan?

duckseason
09-02-2007, 10:47 AM

I'm thinking somewhere between 3.5 and 5.5 (Michigan being favored, obviously)

It's all about public perception. I'll say it opens at 3.5 and could possibly slide a bit.

RyanLeaf#1
09-02-2007, 10:47 AM
If Michigan is home im going to say they are -7

Sniper
09-02-2007, 10:48 AM
Is the game at Oregon or in Michigan?

Michigan. So was the App State game ;)

duckseason
09-02-2007, 10:51 AM
If Michigan is home im going to say they are -7

Yeah, they're at home. This is a tough one to predict because of what happened yesterday with App St.

If I thought the oddsmakers were trying to come up with a true spread reflecting how they thought the game would really go, I'd agree with you. But I think public perception is down on Michigan big-time right now and everybody knows we run the spread too. I can't see it being higher than 5.5
We'll see soon enough though.

Sniper
09-02-2007, 11:00 AM
http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/ncaa#

English to be the goat for this one?

Fire DeBord first, he's awful.

dabears10
09-02-2007, 11:39 AM
The story I read is that Appalachian State is contemplating the move to Div. I-A but it wouldn't be made til well after 2010.

Yeah, a lot needs to happen. I believe their stadium is only like 16,000 and it is supposed to be 30,000 or something with an average attendance of over 15,000 and then money to the NCAA to move up.

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
09-02-2007, 12:05 PM
I think the App State loss will make it a lot harder for Oregon to beat Michigan. I think that Oregon wanted to come in and shock the Wolverines. Well, they have now been shocked already, and they do NOT want to fall to 0-2, with both games at home. On the other hand, they might be so down that they let Oregon walk all over them. If I was a betting man though, I'd take Michigan here. I just don't think they'll let this happen again.

duckseason
09-02-2007, 12:13 PM
I think the App State loss will make it a lot harder for Oregon to beat Michigan. I think that Oregon wanted to come in and shock the Wolverines. Well, they have now been shocked already, and they do NOT want to fall to 0-2, with both games at home. On the other hand, they might be so down that they let Oregon walk all over them. If I was a betting man though, I'd take Michigan here. I just don't think they'll let this happen again.

I agree. As soon as I heard App State was hanging with them, I was pissed. Worst thing that could have happened for my Ducks. No way Michigan comes out and lays an egg against us, and if we do win, we won't get any respect for it. So we're screwed either way.

JoeMontainya
09-02-2007, 12:59 PM
LOL at all the arrogant Michigan fans after this one.

Whenever they get out of line all I have to say is Appalachian.

SuperKevin
09-02-2007, 05:17 PM
To make this week even better for Appalacian State, Miss Teen South Carolina has decided to go there.

someone447
09-02-2007, 05:24 PM
To make this week even better for Appalacian State, Miss Teen South Carolina has decided to go there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lj3iNxZ8Dww

I hope you were being sarcastic. I don't care how hot she is when she is this stupid.

SuperKevin
09-02-2007, 05:25 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lj3iNxZ8Dww

I hope you were being sarcastic. I don't care how hot she is when she is this stupid.

I am 100% serious when I say she's goin to App State. it was mentioned in the broadcast

KCJ58
09-02-2007, 05:46 PM
Michigan = Overrated

Canadian_kid16
09-02-2007, 05:51 PM
Michigan = Overrated

or maybe fluke loss?? Sure they are slightly overrated, but they had some odd plays that cost em like 10 points, so if they can rebound mentally, they should be fine

KCJ58
09-02-2007, 05:59 PM
or maybe fluke loss?? Sure they are slightly overrated, but they had some odd plays that cost em like 10 points, so if they can rebound mentally, they should be fine

im just kicking them while there down :)

someone447
09-02-2007, 06:34 PM
I am 100% serious when I say she's goin to App State. it was mentioned in the broadcast

I know that, I meant when you said it would make the week better for them.

SuperKevin
09-02-2007, 06:35 PM
I know that, I meant when you said it would make the week better for them.

She's super hot and obviously dumb enough to let you put it in her butt

themaninblack
09-02-2007, 06:57 PM
did anyone see what the UGA student section did in response to this? the guys that had Go Bulldogs or something written on the front of them turned around when the camera came on them and it said HA HA MICHIGAN on their backs. it was great.

Sniper
09-02-2007, 07:09 PM
Michigan = Overrated

Yes, we were. But we're not that bad. Fluke loss, but we are overrated.

T.Smith
09-02-2007, 08:17 PM
Yeah. Other teams will study the tape and see how they can stop Michigan, but Michigan also had plenty of opportunities to win the game. If they would've kicked extra points instead of going for two twice they wouldn't have been in the position they were in at the end of the game.

Here's a link. Front page of espn. http://espn.go.com/

Um I can tell you that. Run a spread/option offense and have an athletic QB.

Also if you guys actually watched the game, you would not be saying that was a fluke loss, the Boise state game was much more of a fluke then this game. App was with them step for step, and executed the spread to perfection, They were better coached, and thats all there really is to it, they could have taken it to many div1aa on that day.

Canadian_kid16
09-02-2007, 09:28 PM
Um I can tell you that. Run a spread/option offense and have an athletic QB.

Also if you guys actually watched the game, you would not be saying that was a fluke loss, the Boise state game was much more of a fluke then this game. App was with them step for step, and executed the spread to perfection, They were better coached, and thats all there really is to it, they could have taken it to many div1aa on that day.

fluke as in MIchigan had a couple unlucky plays that lost em 10 points. Two missed 2pt conversions, and two blocked field goals. IMO If it was any other week, Michigan would have at least got both field goals

Gang Green
09-02-2007, 10:42 PM
I can't believe I witnessed history, as horrible as it was, it was still a good game. How can Lloyd Carr not prepare for a scrambling QB? Anyone else go to the game? If so, where were you sitting on that historic saturday? I also have a feeling that they will run the table and win-out the rest of their games. It's like last year, when they wanted to rebound from their 7-5 season and came out running. I expect them to be 11-0 and have a Rose Bowl appearance. (Wishful thinking)

Don Vito
09-02-2007, 10:51 PM

It doesn't matter if it was a "fluke loss", they didn't play hard. And if they don't play hard having 10 or so potential first round picks doesn't matter at all.

ncst8fan83
09-02-2007, 11:04 PM

first off, i'm not a **** so chill it with the personal attacks. second, i still stand by my statement that anyone who says boone is a craphole has no clue what they're talking about. boiling springs? maybe. cleveland county as a whole is fairly crappy. saying boone is ugly in any way, shape or form is complete ignorance.

and yes, i do get really really sick of northerners who want to turn this place into boston. if that bothers you, then i'm probably talking about you in the group of people who can stay the **** out.

Don Vito
09-02-2007, 11:09 PM
first off, i'm not a **** so chill it with the personal attacks. second, i still stand by my statement that anyone who says boone is a craphole has no clue what they're talking about. boiling springs? maybe. cleveland county as a whole is fairly crappy. saying boone is ugly in any way, shape or form is complete ignorance.

and yes, i do get really really sick of northerners who want to turn this place into boston. if that bothers you, then i'm probably talking about you in the group of people who can stay the **** out.

?????

Oh, you mean where Tom O'Brien could win?

SuperKevin
09-02-2007, 11:10 PM

I'm sorry. I guess the methlabs of Watauga County are beautiful in their own way. At least when they blow up on a weekly basis it makes everyday like the 4th of July

BX
09-03-2007, 12:05 AM
Hey now, those methlabs provide good work for some good honest people. And they'll take advantage as long as they can, before they're all shipped off to Mexico.

The meth labs, I mean.

ncst8fan83
09-03-2007, 12:13 AM
I'm sorry. I guess the methlabs of Watauga County are beautiful in their own way. At least when they blow up on a weekly basis it makes everyday like the 4th of July

Methlabs? That's all you have? Seriously? You do know other towns have methlabs, right? Every town has iffy parts, but calling boone a craphole is straight up ignorant. Boone and the surrounding area is one of the most beautiful places in the entire Appalachian mountain range. There are plenty of crapholes in NC but Boone is absolutely not one of them.

SuperKevin
09-03-2007, 12:15 AM
Notice how the guy who went to App State and lived in Boone isn't agreeing with you

ncst8fan83
09-03-2007, 01:18 AM
that's super. i disagree and i'm done arguing this topic. congrats to asu. lol @ michigan. next.

bearsfan_51
09-03-2007, 01:28 AM
?????

Oh, you mean where Tom O'Brien could win?
No he means a place where people know how to read and have all their teeth. Us "northerners"...you know the Civil War is over right?

SuperKevin
09-03-2007, 01:30 AM
No he means a place where people know how to read and have all their teeth. Us "northerners"...you know the Civil War is over right?

ZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don Vito
09-03-2007, 01:57 AM

Do you mean me or him? Because if you are talking about me it clearly says in my location that I am from Boston. That is if you can read.

Count your teeth big guy...

bearsfan_51
09-03-2007, 01:57 AM
Him

Banana

Don Vito
09-03-2007, 02:00 AM
Him

Banana

I recant all my previous statements haha

That was pretty good too ****

thetedginnshow
09-03-2007, 02:13 AM
Does anyone know when this'll be on ESPN Classic? Or I'd assume that it would be, at least...

ncst8fan83
09-03-2007, 02:20 AM

not wanting dumbass twats from new york and boston to move down here has nothing to do with the civil war. it does indeed seem to be over, so you can stop your pitiful attempts at assaulting my intelligence. i have a problem with arrogant assholes from the north who seem to think they can move down here and force us to be assholes as well or else they'll look at us like we're less evolved species. hey, if you want to be an ass, fine. just stay up north with all the other assholes and have a nice asshole community.

while we're throwing out baseless generalizations, i honestly don't get your comment about north carolinians not knowing how to read. you are apparently someone who knows nothing about the raleigh/durham/chapel hill area. i'll tell ya what, if the northern assholes don't move here, i swear on my life my illiterate toothless ass won't move up north. deal?

SuperKevin
09-03-2007, 02:29 AM
I think everyone here can agree that Jacksonville, NC is a craphole regardless of our present geographical locations

RyanLeaf#1
09-03-2007, 08:15 AM
I was only a point off Michigan is giving 6 to Oregon.

Sniper
09-03-2007, 08:24 AM
I was only a point off Michigan is giving 6 to Oregon.

Where you get the lines at?

RyanLeaf#1
09-03-2007, 08:26 AM
Where you get the lines at?

http://sportsbook.com/sportsbook/betting-trends.php?bt=fbcodds

Scroll all the way down because up top is still this weeks.

Sniper
09-03-2007, 08:30 AM
http://sportsbook.com/sportsbook/betting-trends.php?bt=fbcodds

Scroll all the way down because up top is still this weeks.

Thanks. I'm at work and they block gambling stuff, so I'll check it later. I'm surprised the line isn't more for ND. They looked bad. Real bad. Then again, I'm surprised Michigan is favored. Jeez, remember when the Big House was hard to win in? Not so much anymore. The quietest 100,000 you will ever see. I've never been but on TV you can tell a difference between a UM crowd and a PSU crowd.

RyanLeaf#1
09-03-2007, 08:31 AM
Thanks. I'm at work and they block gambling stuff, so I'll check it later. I'm surprised the line isn't more for ND. They looked bad. Real bad. Then again, I'm surprised Michigan is favored. Jeez, remember when the Big House was hard to win in? Not so much anymore. The quietest 100,000 you will ever see. I've never been but on TV you can tell a difference between a UM crowd and a PSU crowd.

They do the same thing at my work block it, but why are you in work? I thought everyone had off today.

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
09-03-2007, 09:02 AM
Hooray for Labour Day!

Sniper
09-03-2007, 09:06 AM
They do the same thing at my work block it, but why are you in work? I thought everyone had off today.

Because I'm in college and need money. I work in a hospital, so there's always need.

Sniper
09-03-2007, 09:10 AM
I can't believe I witnessed history, as horrible as it was, it was still a good game. How can Lloyd Carr not prepare for a scrambling QB? Anyone else go to the game? If so, where were you sitting on that historic saturday? I also have a feeling that they will run the table and win-out the rest of their games. It's like last year, when they wanted to rebound from their 7-5 season and came out running. I expect them to be 11-0 and have a Rose Bowl appearance. (Wishful thinking)

Lloyd is atrocious vs. scrambling QBs. Troy Smith x3, Vince Young, Armanti Edwards etc...Also doesn't help that our DBs suck.

RyanLeaf#1
09-03-2007, 09:11 AM
Because I'm in college and need money. I work in a hospital, so there's always need.

I got ya. Atleast your making money. What college do you go to?

Sniper
09-03-2007, 09:14 AM
I got ya. Atleast your making money. What college do you go to?

Don't wanna get too O/T, so check your PMs. Is Appalachian State expected to win their third straight 1-AA title btw? I don't follow 1-AA too much.

RyanLeaf#1
09-03-2007, 09:17 AM
Don't wanna get too O/T, so check your PMs. Is Appalachian State expected to win their third straight 1-AA title btw? I don't follow 1-AA too much.

Not sure if they were, but after that win how couldnt the expectations not have gone up to where now they are supposed to win?

TimD
09-03-2007, 11:06 AM
Not sure if they were, but after that win how couldnt the expectations not have gone up to where now they are supposed to win?

Very true... everyone will expect them to go undefeated after being UM at home