OL - Frank Omiyale, P.J. Alexander, Bo Lacy and Kurt Quarterman

RB - Arlen Harris and Justin Vincent

LB - Travis Williams and John Leake

DB - Tony Franklin and Brent Grimes

WR - Vincent Marshall, Eric Weems, Otis Amey and Noriaki Kinoshita

TE - Daniel Fells and George Cooper

DL - Nic Clemons, Paul Carrington, Darrell Shropshire and Tommy Jackson

K - Billy Cundiff

Also Allen Rossum was traded to Pittsburgh.

ATLDirtyBirds
09-01-2007, 07:14 PM
OL - Frank Omiyale, P.J. Alexander, Bo Lacy and Kurt Quarterman

LB - Travis Williams and John Leake

DB - Tony Franklin and Brent Grimes

WR - Noriaki Kinoshita

TE - Daniel Fells and George Cooper

DL - Paul Carrington, Darrell Shropshire and Tommy Jackson

K - Billy Cundiff

Also Allen Rossum was traded to Pittsburgh.

What did we get from Pitt?

Also I'm surprised to see Cundiff go. Who comes in now?

Shiver
09-01-2007, 07:20 PM
A late round draft selection in '08. Rossum being traded, along with the team only keeping two Quarterbacks, means that Atlanta should add another QB soon.

As for the kicking situation it is going to be Matt Prater's job. He certainly has the leg strength.

iloxygenil
09-01-2007, 07:21 PM
Prater...the guy we used last night who has a monster leg...nearly cleared the net from 45. He pulled a 44, but I heard the hold was bad...dunno about that...nailed a 43 too. And was putting teams 5 yards deep into the endzone on kickoffs.

From Pitt...we get a draft pick...which at this point is undisclosed.

ATLDirtyBirds
09-01-2007, 07:37 PM
Thanks guys. I was assuming it would be a 7th rounder, just wanted to make sure.

Shiver
09-01-2007, 07:37 PM
Ed Hartwell couldn't even make the Bengals and they have lousy linebackers. LOL

iloxygenil
09-01-2007, 07:38 PM
That injury must have been a lot worse than any of us could have imagined it being for him. Sad day, I really was kinda excited when we landed him...

DraftMichaelHuff
09-01-2007, 07:42 PM
Shiver correct me if im wrong but on the falcons roster LB Travis Williams is still there. I'm probably wrong but just letting you know

ATLDirtyBirds
09-01-2007, 07:43 PM
That injury must have been a lot worse than any of us could have imagined it being for him. Sad day, I really was kinda excited when we landed him...

I was ******* pumped...

DraftMichaelHuff
09-01-2007, 07:48 PM
Guys, stop and think what its going to be like not seeing 5"7 cbs going up against 6"4 WRs and giving them a 10 yard cushion and still missing the tackle.
No more "webby" and now, no more "rossy", the KR role will hardly miss a beat with Jennings and Norwood and now we have a CB Antoine Harris who is 6"0 240 (yes thats right 240) who should be far better should we get injuries at CB.

I cant belive Monavous Staley made the team and Jackson and Shropshire didnt. Those guys were there all offseason and Stanley has been there for 2 weeks or less

Shiver
09-01-2007, 07:59 PM
Shiver correct me if im wrong but on the falcons roster LB Travis Williams is still there. I'm probably wrong but just letting you know

I just copied and pasted what I read on AJC and Rotoworld.

Guys, stop and think what its going to be like not seeing 5"7 cbs going up against 6"4 WRs and giving them a 10 yard cushion and still missing the tackle.
No more "webby" and now, no more "rossy", the KR role will hardly miss a beat with Jennings and Norwood and now we have a CB Antoine Harris who is 6"0 240 (yes thats right 240) who should be far better should we get injuries at CB.

Rossum has been long overdue for this. He isn't even that good of a RS.

DraftMichaelHuff
09-01-2007, 08:13 PM
I just copied and pasted what I read on AJC and Rotoworld.

Rossum has been long overdue for this. He isn't even that good of a RS.

lol dude you missed the whole point, we have a 240lb CB, he is heavier than Robert Mathis, DE of the Colts. If he pressed the WR at the line he will flat out push the WR over

iloxygenil
09-01-2007, 10:39 PM
He's our 5th CB...don't get me wrong I'm glad we have him over Rossy, but I hope he doesn't even see the field other than ST on which he is a beast.

BamaFalcon59
09-01-2007, 10:50 PM
I liked Fells a lot. More than Milner and probably Blakley. Carrington, Jackson, Shropshire, and Marshall I also liked.

iloxygenil
09-01-2007, 11:00 PM
Carrington and Marshall I liked a lot...

thefalconer
09-01-2007, 11:39 PM
yeah milner shouldnt have made the team. and carrington > mallard. shroppy and tj were beasts.

DraftMichaelHuff
09-02-2007, 01:35 AM
Nah i didnt like Shropshire. Id of picked TJackson instead of Montavious Stanley seeing as he has only been with us for a week, he either must of shown immense promise or Petrino must be hoping he will go back to his Loiusville days.

Milner over Fells baffles me too, if Fells has the same amount of passes his way in the preseason i gaurentee he comes up with more catches than Milner. Football politics

He's our 5th CB...don't get me wrong I'm glad we have him over Rossy, but I hope he doesn't even see the field other than ST on which he is a beast.

I agree in theory, but last year i thought "i dont care about Rossom not being able to cover, he is the #5 CB anyway, he will never see the feild" but it happened and it was heart breaking to watch mediocore QB's throwing bad passes to bad WR and looking like all stars and getting 1st down after first down simply by throwing at Rossum. This year at least we have a guy that can tackle them if they catch the ball on him

d34ng3l021
09-02-2007, 02:35 AM
I am pretty surprised with the releases of Fells, Shrop, and Tommy Jackson. Very surprising, in my opinion.

scar988
09-02-2007, 11:54 PM
actually guys our 5th CB is Jimmy or Crocker.

Shiver
09-03-2007, 12:01 AM
I am pretty surprised with the releases of Fells, Shrop, and Tommy Jackson. Very surprising, in my opinion.

I was surprised about Fells, I heard he had impressed the coaching staff. Obviously Milner had a built in advantage being a 4th round draft pick.

Shropshire and Tommy Jackson have never impressed me. They were Mora and Donatell's pet project D-Lineman. It's no surprise to me that Petrino replaced them with two new project D-Lineman in Stanley and Lewis.

d34ng3l021
09-03-2007, 12:32 AM
I was surprised about Fells, I heard he had impressed the coaching staff. Obviously Milner had a built in advantage being a 4th round draft pick.

Shropshire and Tommy Jackson have never impressed me. They were Mora and Donatell's pet project D-Lineman. It's no surprise to me that Petrino replaced them with two new project D-Lineman in Stanley and Lewis.

Very true, but Milner didnt seem to impress at all during Preseason. I was really looking forward to seeing Fells play. Oh well. Maybe Milner can learn to catch and become decent.

Wasnt Ben Patrick available when we took Milner?

georgiafan
09-03-2007, 07:28 PM
We cut Sneiling and Beck today

Patrick was drafted in the 7th round

Shiver
09-03-2007, 08:13 PM
We cut Sneiling and Beck today

Beck was an experiment that just didn't work, sadly. He had his shot last pre-season when Hartwell was hurt to step up, rather than doing so he forced the team to move Keith Brooking back over to MLB.

Snelling is surprising. What is the team's plan for short yardage? Are they planning on acquiring anyone?

georgiafan
09-03-2007, 08:25 PM
We signed Artus (?) Pinner, I read it on AJC

Shiver
09-03-2007, 08:35 PM
Oh, that guy. He had a 125 yard, 3-TD game last year. He can't be that bad for a #3.

DraftMichaelHuff
09-03-2007, 09:26 PM
he is 5"10 230 plus, he is basically an experienced Snelling. I hope they put Snelling on the PS i really liked that guy and wish he wouldnt of been cut.

I dont like the way this whole process works, it just seems so risky to train and interact with a player for months and months and then all of a sudden you cut them and replace them with a guy you have no prior experience with, who you have never trained or dealt with them, AND in the case of Montavious Stanley been terrible so far in his career.

Things will get interesting if Harrington takes a shot in the Minnesota game and then Redman gets blindsided and is out of the game too. I love this coaching staff but they have lost me a bit these last few days

georgiafan
09-04-2007, 09:44 AM
any word on if we will sign a 3rd QB ?

Shiver
09-04-2007, 01:05 PM
They are looking for a veteran. I personally think the fact that they haven't signed anyone is prove that Walter is who they want.

iloxygenil
09-04-2007, 01:43 PM
I have to agree with you Shiver, I think they really like Walter and hope he gets his walking papers.

Shiver
09-04-2007, 02:23 PM
They need Jamarcus to sign and soon.

Green Bay Scat
09-04-2007, 04:49 PM
Woot Daren Stone is on the team, all right

Shiver
09-04-2007, 04:51 PM
I have loved what I saw out of Daren Stone thus far. I think he will sit and learn under Milloy and become a real steal.

DraftMichaelHuff
09-04-2007, 07:29 PM
Hey so Walter is still on the Rrrrraiders roster is he, lol i thought he had been released and was wondering who else apart from Leftwhich and Walter we were after, when Petrino said " we are after a 3rd QB but we havent found him yet", i thought it meant they werent after Walter either.

Yeah Jamarcus needs to get his but in there. Either that or Oakland trade his rights to the falcons

Daren Stone has been great so far, but then again, i thought Snelling had been great too so Stone might be on the bubble. I hope not, he has a great upside and maybe he can be our Adrian Wilson