PDA

View Full Version : Cuts announced

09-01-2007, 07:48 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d80200cb5&template=without-video&confirm=true

The Patriots released RB Larry Anam, LB Chad Brown, WR Bam Childress, WR Chris Dunlap, G/C Mike Elgin, T Corey Hilliard, TE Brian Jones, WR C.J. Jones, WR Kelvin Kight, LB Corey Mays, TE Garrett Mills, DL Rashad Moore, G/C Gene Mruczkowski, T Clint Oldenburg, TE Marcellus Rivers, LB Justin Rogers, RB Quinton Smith, QB Vinny Testaverde, DL Santonio Thomas, CB Dante Wesley and DL Zach West.

alca1992
09-01-2007, 08:58 PM
damn mills, cam childress, and mike elgin were some ofmy favorites

09-01-2007, 09:45 PM
Mills was a suprise to me, considering he was a fairly high draft pick, and a very versatile player. But, he never reached the field. Mays was also suprising to me, but I am kind of glad to see him leave. He had the creepiest face I have ever seen.

http://images.sportsline.com/images/football/nfl/players/60x80/1109442.jpg

KILLERSANTA
09-01-2007, 09:48 PM
How can you cut vinny.......

09-01-2007, 10:52 PM
How can you cut vinny.......

We didn't cut him, he died of hear failure.

Don Vito
09-02-2007, 10:55 PM
The Patriots released RB Larry Anam, LB Chad Brown, WR Bam Childress, WR Chris Dunlap, G/C Mike Elgin, T Corey Hilliard, TE Brian Jones, WR C.J. Jones, WR Kelvin Kight, LB Corey Mays, TE Garrett Mills, DL Rashad Moore, G/C Gene Mruczkowski, T Clint Oldenburg, TE Marcellus Rivers, LB Justin Rogers, RB Quinton Smith, QB Vinny Testaverde, DL Santonio Thomas, CB Dante Wesley and DL Zach West.

I don't like cutting Hilliard, Kight, Mays, Mills, Thomas, and especially Justin Rodgers. He played pretty strongly this pre-season.

luckyjackaubrey
09-04-2007, 12:41 PM
Who have we ever cut that has amounted to anything anywhere else ? Seems to me BB and SP have a pretty good handle on who has what it takes .
Remember everyone was saying Justin Who ? when we drafted him. A few sacks in garbage time in the preseason mean nothing.

I am intrigued by the Vinny move. He won't play for anyone else. I like the idea of him being a phone call away in an emergency. But BB must really like the Gutierrez kid an awful lot . THis is a superbowl contender and a smart coach like Bill doesn't take a flyer on a "potential" 3rd stringer if he loses his only veteran insurance policy in the process. Something tells me next year Mr Cassel will be fighting for his Patriot life.