PDA

View Full Version : felix jones vs jamaal charles

foozball
09-01-2007, 09:16 PM
Anyone think they're pretty similar? Similar size, both have 4.4 speed (or better), and they have pretty similar running styles. Both will likely stay for their senior years (Jones will get to be the primary RB and Charles goes to UT where everyone stays cept for Vince). Who is the better prospect?

09-01-2007, 09:22 PM
jamaal charles is the better prospect. i wouldnt count against a texas RB plus hes already the primary back

Dawg4L21
09-01-2007, 09:30 PM
Charles is legit 4.3 speed I think he may be one of the fastest players in college football

SuperKevin
09-01-2007, 10:50 PM
I seriously am having doubts that Felix Jones stays in school. Arkansas has peaked right now and he'd be wise to get out while on top. He and McFadden can be in a similar situation that Cadillac and Ronnie Brown were in with them both being potential 1st round talents

schmiddog
09-02-2007, 01:27 AM
I seriously am having doubts that Felix Jones stays in school. Arkansas has peaked right now and he'd be wise to get out while on top. He and McFadden can be in a similar situation that Cadillac and Ronnie Brown were in with them both being potential 1st round talents

It's difficult to accurately assess Felix as a prospect. He puts up some staggering numbers, particularly for a backup, but a decent portion of that can be attributed to the system he plays in and the opportunities it affords him (taking a handoff from McFadden in the "wild hog" formation is not a realistic situation to assess his potential for RB duty in the NFL). At the same time, he is quite fast and has great vision. At the very least, he profiles as a great return man at the next level. First round prospect, though? I'm not so sold. He runs a bit too upright for me at this point, and I'm not sure his running style really caters to full time duty in the NFL. It will certainly be interesting to see what he does after this season.

Paranoidmoonduck
09-02-2007, 04:23 AM
Felix is a very slippery runner who displays some pretty damn impressive vision and a nice feel for the position. Charles is the more physically impressive from what I can tell, but as of right now I think that Jones is the better runner.

JeffSamardzijaIRISH
09-02-2007, 08:28 AM
Jones is more instinctive as a runner. He's not as fast as Charles, but is more agile, and is quicker. Right now, Jamaal Charles looks like a track star playing football.

keylime_5
09-02-2007, 09:05 AM
Felix is gone after the year. He can make it in the NFL with his skill set and just gets by on size. I agree that Charles looks more like a speedster who plays RB but doesn't have all the skills down yet. Needs to learn a few things to improve into a great RB. He needs more coaching to become a great RB at the next level, or at least needs to let in more coaching from what I've seen up to this point.

SuperKevin
09-02-2007, 02:03 PM
Felix needs to get drafted by The Lions, Panthers, Bengals, or Jaguars so he can have the obvious nickname of "Felix the Cat"

HEISMANHERSCHEL
09-05-2007, 10:17 PM
As a Texas fan, I would MUCH rather have Felix!!!!

bernbabybern820
09-05-2007, 10:25 PM
Charles is legit 4.3 speed I think he may be one of the fastest players in college football

Trindon Holliday>Jamaal Charles (speed wise)

Cashmoney
09-06-2007, 12:06 AM
felix jones will not go in the first round if he comes out this year. the best case scenario i see for him is late second.

nobodyinparticular
09-06-2007, 01:20 AM
Trindon Holliday>Jamaal Charles (speed wise)

Smurfs don't count.

GREENSMACKS
09-06-2007, 03:19 AM
I'd take Felix. Less wear and if you are going to draft either, you'd most likely get better value on Felix just because of questions about him carrying the load...

Xiomera
09-06-2007, 07:22 AM
Anyone think they're pretty similar? Similar size, both have 4.4 speed (or better), and they have pretty similar running styles. Both will likely stay for their senior years (Jones will get to be the primary RB and Charles goes to UT where everyone stays cept for Vince). Who is the better prospect?

Now that you mention it . . . has anyone ever seen these two in the same room together?

Hmm . . . I DO have my suspicions now . . . http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/forum/images/icons/icon6.gif

foozball
09-06-2007, 01:11 PM
I'd take Felix. Less wear and if you are going to draft either, you'd most likely get better value on Felix just because of questions about him carrying the load...

charles only has like 30 more career carries...he's been selvin young's backup, so this will be his 1st year as the primary back.

charles had 156 carries last year compared to jones at 154. i think the wear and tear difference is pretty negligible

constant cough
09-06-2007, 02:25 PM
Charles is better at track than Felix and Felix is better than Charles at football.

jbsg02
09-06-2007, 04:09 PM
We're all waiting for Charles to show us more of what he did as a freshman

Green Bay Scat
09-07-2007, 12:11 AM
We're all waiting for Charles to show us more of what he did as a freshman

there isnt as much talent on offense like there was his Freshman year

Brent
09-07-2007, 12:50 AM
Felix is better than Charles

schmiddog
09-07-2007, 01:32 AM
Felix is better than Charles

That may be true, but when evaluating Jones, you've always got to keep in mind that his success is greatly facilitated by the system he plays in. He rarely is expected to gain tough yards and he's got more space than is normal when he gets the ball.