PDA

View Full Version : NFL Fantasy Season

neko4
09-01-2007, 10:48 PM
NFL Fantasy Offseason seems so popular in the Offseason and this idea has been eating at me since Man of steel started the National Fantasy League.
Basically the game will start inbetween the last preseason game and first game of the season. So you'll need to make sure your roster has 53 men, plus a practice squad of 7, and post any players your putting on IR.
Then throughout the course of the season there will be voting to decide games, and as the GM you will have to sign FA's and make trades, plus you will have to deal with injuries, retirments and suspensions.
Every week, I'll need GM's to send my the depth chart.
There will be somewhat of a cap. Every team will start off w/ 15 mil room. If we can make it to an offseason it will be extended so resignings can be done and for now all trades will have no impact on the cap. In order to make an offer to a player a PM will need to be sent to me.

BTW, all GM's must be available on most nights Mon-Thurs from 7pm est. to 10pm est. And on Sundays for most of the day If you have any doubts do not sign up.

Anyway, this is a very experimental idea and Im hoping i can make it through a week, but I'll just have to see what happens. Also im open to ideas

1. Oakland
2. Detroit
3. Cleveland
4. Tampa Bay
5. Arizona
6. Washington
7. Minnesota
8. Houston
9. Miami
10. Atlanta
11. San Francisco
12. Buffalo
13. St. Louis
14. Carolina
15. Pittsburgh
16. Green Bay
17. Jacksonville
18. Cincinnati
19. Tennessee
20. N.Y. Giants
21. Denver
22. Dallas
23. Kansas City
24. Seattle
25. N.Y. Jets-Mangini for Pres
26. Philadelphia
27. New Orleans
28. New England
29. Baltimore
30. San Diego
31. Chicago
32. Indianapolis

TimD
09-01-2007, 10:51 PM
can i be the Jets co-GM? i have hockey 2 tues nd thurs at night so i dont want to solo it and not be available but i want to be in this... so if someone would like to be the Jets co-GM with me thatd be great

neko4
09-01-2007, 10:53 PM
can i be the Jets co-GM? i have hockey 2 tues nd thurs at night so i dont want to solo it and not be available but i want to be in this... so if someone would like to be the Jets co-GM with me thatd be great

Missing two of the 5 days isnt bad so well see
Thats about the maximum

Man_Of_Steel
09-01-2007, 10:53 PM
Intresting but Im gonna have to pass right now, just way too much of a time commitment.

neko4
09-01-2007, 10:54 PM
Intresting but Im gonna have to pass right now, just way too much of a time commitment.

thats fine, im really just testing the waters with this thing right now

TimD
09-01-2007, 11:03 PM
32 people is going to be hard.... plus that means theres more of a chance for someone to "forget" about it and pretty much ruin the idea... but it is a good idea so lets hope for the best and see what happens

neko4
09-01-2007, 11:12 PM
32 people is going to be hard.... plus that means theres more of a chance for someone to "forget" about it and pretty much ruin the idea... but it is a good idea so lets hope for the best and see what happens

NFL Fantasy Offseason games have worked before, though all of them just barely made it

Man_Of_Steel
09-01-2007, 11:14 PM
They work best when done before the draft.

neko4
09-01-2007, 11:24 PM
They work best when done before the draft.

yeah, thats when theres the most people