PDA

View Full Version : DeJuan Tribble

SuperKevin
09-02-2007, 01:33 AM
Anyone else think that even despite his small size, DeJuan Tribble will be the 1st senior CB taken in the draft? The guy has good speed and excellent coverage skills. Throw in his contributions to special teams and I think he's a 1st rounder in 2008. What do you all think?

megansett56BC
09-02-2007, 10:41 AM
i think these charges on him might hurt him (even though they are complete BS... and i'm not just saying that because i go to BC. i know BC haters who think its preposterous) but either way wake didn't throw much his way, and what they did got picked off and he also looked extremely fluid in his dropbacks and turns.

i don't think he'll be able to beat cason out even if he has a better season though because i like cason a little more as a pro prospect even if his 40 time is less than spectacular. i also think tribble won't be able to sneak in the top 25 if some of the juniors like jenkins and king declare as well.

HoopsDemon12
09-02-2007, 12:06 PM
Unless he can have an amazing season and Cason completly bombs that 40 i dont know if i can see it. I mean there is a whole platoon of talented junior corners coming out, most of which better than cason. So if cason beats him out and gets drafted first i dont really see him going first round, second round more likely

High Roller
09-02-2007, 12:43 PM
he'll need a real outstanding season so it is possible. I dnt think he will but he had a ridiculous day yesterday.

soxscout
09-02-2007, 07:55 PM
I think his NFL projection resides right down the road from BC in Asante Samuel....

Both about the same size, both will not eliminate one side of the field, both will allow catches on them, both will limit the big play against. Both are not a force in the running game, but they will make tackles when need be. Both can pick their spots when to gamble and pull it off fairly often when they do... their breaks on throws are really, really fast.

megansett56BC
09-02-2007, 09:23 PM
tribble plays well against the run... he generally starts 8-10 yds off the receiver so if the run goes outside, he has more ground to cover before he can make a tackle. its more of a scheme thing than a weakness. he's actually a consistent tackler in the open field.

etk
09-02-2007, 09:55 PM
He reminds me a lot of Ty Law/Ronde Barber. Corners that really take over the game at times with big plays. He's faster than Barber from what I've seen and I'd love to have him on the Bucs.

Don Vito
09-02-2007, 10:31 PM
Tribble is relatively small but he has great coverage skills and game speed. If anyone saw the BC/Wake game you know that he can hit and stop the run very well for a little guy.

SuperKevin
09-02-2007, 10:45 PM
Anyone who wants to knock this guy on his height needs to be reminded that Tye hill was drafted in the top 20 2 years ago and he's not even close to his listed height of 5'10"

Don Vito
09-02-2007, 10:48 PM
Not knocking his height at all, just pointing out a visible fact that he is pretty small (probably 5-9 180), plus he won't run like Hill at the combine. However, Tribble plays like he's 6-0 200 running a 4.4 and I do believe Tribble is the better CB between him and Hill and has a good shot at being the #2 corner taken behind Cason. It's still early though.

SuperKevin
09-02-2007, 10:49 PM
Not knocking his height at all, just pointing out a visible fact that he is pretty small (probably 5-9 180), plus he won't run like Hill at the combine. However, Tribble plays like he's 6-0 200 running a 4.4 and I do believe Tribble is the better CB between him and Hill and has a good shot at being the #2 corner taken behind Cason. It's still early though.

I know you didn't knock his height. I'm just putting that out there before people start saying how short he is

High Roller
09-03-2007, 12:05 PM
A bit like Tye Hill who was the first CB selected in 06 at #15. He's an inch shorter but is 5 pound heavier. Definately possible.

Stufazz
09-03-2007, 01:16 PM
he is a strong tackler and the teams best coverman. he has the quickness when the ball is in the air. despite his size he can dish out some big hits & one of their leading tacklers. his size has also not affected him to to win pretty much win two games with INT returns last season. career before this season was 14 pass break ups, 11 INT and 2 forced fumbles

Don Vito
09-03-2007, 02:29 PM
I really wouldn't compare him to Tye Hill. They do have similar size but Hill relies on his speed more whereas Tribble has a refined game and looks to be a better college CB, not athlete. DeJuan will probably run in the low 4.5 range as well, he is not a 4.3 guy. He has great game speed, coverage skills, he is amazing for his size in run-support, and he makes up for his height with his leaping ability. It's hard to find a comparison for him, the closest thing I can find is a stronger, more athletic Asante Samuel.