PDA

View Full Version : Practice Squad/Waiver Wire Thread

SubNoize
09-02-2007, 02:16 PM
3 Raider cuts have landed elsewhere already.

QUENTIN MOSES TO CARDINALS

You wouldn't think cast-offs from the worst team in the league would be hot commodities, but three players who were waived by the Raiders yesterday were quickly snatched up today, headlined by third-round pick Quentin Moses.

Adam Schefter of NFL Network reports that Moses, who as the first pick of the third round was the highest-drafted player to be released yesterday, has been claimed off waivers by the Arizona Cardinals. That gives the Cardinals another team's high third-round pick after they got rid of their own high third-round pick, linebacker Buster Davis.

Schefter also reports that guard Kevin Boothe, who started 14 games for the Raiders as a rookie last season but was waived yesterday, has been claimed by the Giants. And safety Eric Frampton, the Raiders' fifth-round pick out of Washington State, has been claimed by the Lions.

Staubach12
09-02-2007, 02:21 PM
Where's Buster Davis?

BuckNaked
09-02-2007, 02:33 PM
Tyler Thigpen is gone. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Life is not worth living anymore.

slightlyaraiderfan
09-02-2007, 02:37 PM
What a waste of a 3rd..

SuperKevin
09-02-2007, 02:38 PM
Tyler Thigpen is gone. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Life is not worth living anymore.

And to think he was the first rookie to sign an endorsement deal with Reebok this year

GB12
09-02-2007, 02:40 PM
David Clowney
Chris Francies
Clark Harris
Spencer Havner
Orrin Thompson
Paul Thompson
Corey White

Have all signed Practice Squad contracts with the Packers, we have one spot left.

Also Noah Herron was placed on IR today meaning our top 3 RBs are hurt with the status of Jackson and Morency still unkown for the opener.

Damix
09-02-2007, 02:40 PM
David Clowney
Chris Francies
Clark Harris
Spencer Havner
Orrin Thompson
Paul Thompson
Corey White

Have all signed Practice Squad contracts with the Packers, we have one spot left.

Also Noah Herron was placed on IR today meaning our top 3 RBs are hurt with the status of Jackson and Morency still unkown for the opener.

Ryan Grant for starter!

skinzzfan25
09-02-2007, 02:53 PM
Redskins:

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/

DE Alex Buzbee (Georgetown kid showed well)
CR Byron Westbrook (local kid was an immediate hit but has a ways to go)
LB Anthony Trucks (he worked his butt off in camp and glad to see him rewarded)
LB Matt Sinclair (he and Chris Wilson often last two guys off the field adn out of the building on defense)
CB John Eubanks (went neck and neck with torrence for 5th CB spot)

3 left, probably going to Bell, Palmer and Lefotu

neko4
09-02-2007, 03:10 PM
David Clowney
Chris Francies
Clark Harris
Spencer Havner
Orrin Thompson
Paul Thompson
Corey White

holy crap we've been hit by tons of injuries, DD, Morency, herron, Jackson, hodge

TimD
09-02-2007, 04:45 PM
think moses can play the 3-4 OLB position and come in on passing downs to get the QB?

SuperKevin
09-02-2007, 04:47 PM
Redskins:

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/

DE Alex Buzbee (Georgetown kid showed well)
CR Byron Westbrook (local kid was an immediate hit but has a ways to go)
LB Anthony Trucks (he worked his butt off in camp and glad to see him rewarded)
LB Matt Sinclair (he and Chris Wilson often last two guys off the field adn out of the building on defense)
CB John Eubanks (went neck and neck with torrence for 5th CB spot)

3 left, probably going to Bell, Palmer and Lefotu

Palmer was left off the PS in a surprising decision

Also the Skins claimed WR Shaun Bodiford and TE Cory Boyd off waivers

Sveen
09-02-2007, 04:53 PM
New Orleans signed OG Tim Duckworth, FB Kevin Dudley, DE Willie Evans, LB Marvin Mitchell, QB Tyler Palko, CB Anwar Phillips and S Chris Reis to the practice squad.

http://www.neworleanssaints.com/Articles/2007/9/Saints%20Sign%20Seven%20to%20Practice%20Squad.aspx

SuperKevin
09-02-2007, 04:54 PM
New Orleans signed OG Tim Duckworth, FB Kevin Dudley, DE Willie Evans, LB Marvin Mitchell, QB Tyler Palko, CB Anwar Phillips and S Chris Reis to the practice squad.

http://www.neworleanssaints.com/Articles/2007/9/Saints%20Sign%20Seven%20to%20Practice%20Squad.aspx

Anwar Phillips is from my hometown and played for our rival high school, Northwest(also the home of Virginia tech backup QB Ike Whitaker)

doingthisinsteadofwork
09-02-2007, 05:05 PM
A local radio is saying that there was some misscomunnication and thats why Moses was cut.

WMD
09-02-2007, 05:12 PM
A local radio is saying that there was some misscomunnication and thats why Moses was cut.

Haha.. That'd be great if it's true..

SubNoize
09-02-2007, 05:16 PM

yeah b/c i'm sure nobody would have noticed that they were releasing someone they really wanted, it happens all the time... god the media is ridiculous in trying to spin a story. I guess a player not holding up and getting outplayed isn't interesting.

Windy
09-02-2007, 05:19 PM
i'd take jay richardson every day of the week over quentin moses. i thought last year was the last year of the al davis scholarship for brayton. guess not.

doingthisinsteadofwork
09-02-2007, 05:21 PM
Well it doesnt make sense to cut him either.Could of put him on the IR could have PUPd Eukejbia should have taken him over Johson.

SubNoize
09-02-2007, 05:21 PM
i'd take jay richardson every day of the week over quentin moses. i thought last year was the last year of the al davis scholarship for brayton. guess not.

I think either Brayton or Chris Johnson are gone as soon as Rhodes has to be activated of the suspension list, although I'm leaning towards Johnson.

Canadian_kid16
09-02-2007, 05:41 PM
Alan Zemaitis was released :( I was hoping he could eventually replace Barber or Kelly. Julian Jenkins was released as well :(

SuperMcGee
09-02-2007, 05:46 PM
Derek Schouman (future star), Jon Corto, Christian Gaddis, Scott Mayle, Justin Jenkins, Daniel Watts, Nevin McCaskill, Corey Mace all signed to the practice squad for the Bills.

One spot left as Watts comes over from NFLE

HawkeyeFan
09-02-2007, 05:58 PM
The Rams claimed RB Antonio Pittman off of the Waivers.

PACKmanN
09-02-2007, 06:25 PM
does anyone know why Will Demps was let go?

Damix
09-02-2007, 06:32 PM
does anyone know why Will Demps was let go?

Injured/outplayed by James Butler

Bills2083
09-02-2007, 06:38 PM
Alan Zemaitis was released :( I was hoping he could eventually replace Barber or Kelly. Julian Jenkins was released as well :(

Why was he released? He seemed perfect for the cover-2

diabsoule
09-02-2007, 06:54 PM
The Rams claimed RB Antonio Pittman off of the Waivers.

Good luck. He couldn't beat out an undrafted free agent in Pierre Thomas in camp.

Crazy_Chris
09-02-2007, 06:55 PM
The Vikings Claim TE Garrett Mills off of Waivers

BrownsTown
09-02-2007, 06:56 PM
Good luck. He couldn't beat out an undrafted free agent in Pierre Thomas in camp.

Can someone confirm this? I was really hoping he'd land with the Browns.

SuperKevin
09-02-2007, 07:05 PM
The Miami Dolphins have claimed WR Greg Camarillo (Chargers), OL Cory Lekkerkerker (Chargers) and OL Gene Murczkowksi (Patriots) off waivers.

Surprise Surprise Cam Cameron takes two offensive players from the Chargers

The Cincinnati Bengals have claimed LB Anthony Schlegel (Jets), RB Clifton Dawson (Colts) and CB David Jones (New Orleans) off waivers

The Green Bay Packers have claimed RB John Kuhn (Steelers) off waivers.

The Philadelphia Eagles have claimed S J.R. Reed (Giants) and LB Pago Togafau (Cardinals) off waivers.....The Philadelphia Eagles have signed DT Kimo von Oelhoffen (Jets).

I guess Philly wanted to see if Reed could come back healthy before signing him back

remix 6
09-02-2007, 07:06 PM
Injured/outplayed by James Butler

he didnt get released. he got put on IR by the Giants.

LTgiants
09-02-2007, 07:31 PM

they are gonna be working on a injury settlement buy out thing

XxXdragonXxX
09-02-2007, 10:59 PM
Seahawks

Practice Squad: WRs Logan Payne and Jordan Kent, LB Cameron Jensen, DE Nu'u Tafisi, TE Joe Newton, FB David Kirtman, OL Steve Vallos, CB Kevin Hobbs

And former Buc DT Ellis Wyms was signed. No word on who is released to make room for him.

SuperKevin
09-02-2007, 11:00 PM
I think other than bullpen catcher for a major league team, being on the practice squad for an NFL team is the sweetest gig there is.

Don Vito
09-02-2007, 11:07 PM
I like Minnesota picking up Mills, I liked him for the Pats. The Vikes like those FB/TE tweeners I guess.

What a terrible year to be Quentin Moses.

Caddy
09-03-2007, 12:40 AM
The Buccaneers acquired WR Taye Biddle and CB Anthony Madison off waivers from Carolina and Pittsburgh.

7 players have been added to the practice squad and include:

RB Kenneth Darby
TE Keith Heinrich
OT Dennis Roland
CB Marcus Hamilton
WR Chad Lucas
OG/C Enoka Lucas
FB Byron Storer

Flyboy
09-03-2007, 02:10 AM
Can someone confirm this? I was really hoping he'd land with the Browns.

It's confirmed.

OzTitan
09-03-2007, 05:23 AM

I heard some stuff about this. Just a little bit of football knowledge will dispel it though. If the Raiders did make a mistake, wouldn't they have picked him up on the waiver wire? They have first dibs on the wire since they drafted 1st. Unless they're suggesting the Raiders both accidentally released him and also forgot to claim him back.

Geo
09-03-2007, 09:44 AM
I think that's more a credit to Thomas and how he played for the Saints such that they couldn't let him go.

Jughead10
09-03-2007, 10:02 AM

He will get waived when they work on an injury settlement. He was easily the worst player on our defense last year and he was outplayed by former UDFA James Butler. There are also rumors that he was terribly selfish and a horrible locker room guy. Giants are just cutting ties with what they admitted was a bad signing.

diabsoule
09-03-2007, 10:58 AM
I think that's more a credit to Thomas and how he played for the Saints such that they couldn't let him go.

It is a credit to how Thomas played but it is also a knock on Pittman and how he basically just didn't show up in camp. Thomas was able to break tackles, find holes, and block better than Pittman. Pittman was usually taken down by the first tackler, couldn't pass protect , and had trouble finding the holes more so than Thomas did.
All in all Pierre Thomas picked up the system quicker and displayed more talent sooner and more often than Antonio Pittman.

Flyboy
09-03-2007, 01:48 PM
It is a credit to how Thomas played but it is also a knock on Pittman and how he basically just didn't show up in camp. Thomas was able to break tackles, find holes, and block better than Pittman. Pittman was usually taken down by the first tackler, couldn't pass protect , and had trouble finding the holes more so than Thomas did.
All in all Pierre Thomas picked up the system quicker and displayed more talent sooner and more often than Antonio Pittman.

Not to mention that Pittman showed a bit of an attitude problem, butting heads with Sean Payton which is a BIG no-no.

T-RICH49
09-05-2007, 08:24 PM
KC claimed Johnny Baldwin off waivers from Detroit

Notredameleo
09-05-2007, 09:10 PM
Lions claim Buster Davis off of waivers from the cardinals. Nice signing. He fits the Tampa 2 nicely.