PDA

View Full Version : Erik Ainge

bearfan
09-02-2007, 02:28 PM
Alright, I saw him play the last few quarters last night and was very impressed w/ him. Where is he projected to go, and what are his strengths and weaknesses

SuperKevin
09-02-2007, 02:34 PM
Probably around the 2nd or 3rd round. He reminds me a lot of Charlie Whitehurst coming out of college. he has all the talent and tools to be an excellent pro QB but arrogance leads him to make poor decisions on the field sometimes

volman88
09-02-2007, 02:42 PM
He is very good, but last nights game was not a good source to base on him. It seemed like every pass thrown was 3 yards out,(lack of experience at reciever im guessing) but I think he will be a 2nd rounder. Elite size, decision making has been iffy, but has steadily improved(except for sophomore season. Very smart, experienced in college footballs toughest confrence. Has been injured every year I believe, but not major injuries, just out like 1-2 games at a time, so not too much of a concern.

AkiliSmith
09-02-2007, 03:02 PM
I think he'll be the 3rd or 4th QB taken, with a good chance of going in round 1 since there seems to be a bunch of teams that could use an upgrade at QB: Bucs, Falcons, Ravens, Jaguars, Vikings, Bears, Panthers.

Last night was the first time I have seen him play, and I was impressed. He has great size, is pretty mobile, has great accuracy and arm strength, and ran the no huddle very well.

bearfan
09-03-2007, 09:55 AM
So his only real knock is decision making at times?

RyanLeaf#1
09-03-2007, 10:02 AM
I personally love his game and think he will have an above average NFL career.

energizerbunny
09-03-2007, 10:04 AM
He looked really good, right now he looks like a 2nd or 3rd but I wouldn't surprised at all if he elevated himself to a mid-late 1st rounder.

TitanHope
09-03-2007, 11:52 AM
Ainge's only faults are that he's injury prone and needs to work on his decision making skills, which he's already doing. In the Cal game, he worked the no huddle offense to near perfection, which will impress and attract pro scouts. From a physical stand point, he has all the tools necessary for a 1st rounder. But, I don't think he's gonna have a 35 TD/10 INT year or will rack up a ton of yards, though his completion percentage will be excellent.

I see him and Brennan fighting for the #3 QB ranking, so I think its safe to say Ainge is a likely 2nd rounder. Best case scenario is last 1st round.

Bobo
09-03-2007, 12:24 PM
Sometimes you'd see him force passes in the past (yet what QB doesn't?). The other night he through some short passes on 3rd and long, even at the end of the game when they needed to come back. I think you go to try and make something happen downfield there. But then again, there's no Meachem, Swain or Smith to throw to.

I know he's got the arm to be good, but I don't think he's all that mobile. He's not Drew Beldsoe, but his feet aren't all that quick.

I'll be surprised if he finds a deep threat guy like he's had in the past. Having a SR year with below avg WR's could hurt a lot, but he's the type that can make his WR's better. I guess I'm basically saying it's hard to say where he'll end up, but I think he has the undoubtedly has the tools to be a very good pocket passer.

Paranoidmoonduck
09-03-2007, 01:05 PM
It was pretty obvious that Tennessee kept the passing game short because they don't completely trust their new wideouts, because Cal's secondary isn't anything to write home about.

However, Ainge did look good and if he continues to play well he may be able to sneak into the 1st. He does seem like the sort of quarterback who would test well at events like the Senior Bowl, but for now I think that even with a strong year he's probably a 2nd rounder.

JoeMontainya
09-03-2007, 02:24 PM
"just out like 1-2 games at a time, so not too much of a concern."

Pretty sure that IS a concern.

volman88
09-03-2007, 03:45 PM
"just out like 1-2 games at a time, so not too much of a concern."

Pretty sure that IS a concern.

Not really, the injuries he has had are like the pinky injury, and a tweaked ankle. Injuries that are causes for concern are acl, and injuries that are likely to reoccur. His injuries are NOT a big concern.

regoob2
09-03-2007, 05:03 PM
Not really, the injuries he has had are like the pinky injury, and a tweaked ankle. Injuries that are causes for concern are acl, and injuries that are likely to reoccur. His injuries are NOT a big concern.

sounds like hes soft. you need to play through that if you wanna be elite

JeffSamardzijaIRISH
09-03-2007, 05:04 PM

And he does...

volman88
09-03-2007, 06:42 PM

I'm pretty sure he just played a game with a broken pinky, and last year with the ankle the coaches made him come out. So he is the opposite of soft.

Grave Digger
09-03-2007, 09:28 PM
He'll be the 3rd QB taken because Henne is going to have a bad year IMO and Ainge resembled Peyton Manning too much running that no huddle. Arm strength is good, accuracy is very good, very smart, good leader, etc. Cutcliffe has a proven track record with QBs and Ainge is no exception.

etk
09-03-2007, 09:37 PM
I think he could be a game managed type in the pros. He looked very good throwing that short passing game and will be a solid backup at least.

phunnypharm
09-11-2007, 03:36 PM
He'll be the 3rd QB taken because Henne is going to have a bad year IMO and Ainge resembled Peyton Manning too much running that no huddle. Arm strength is good, accuracy is very good, very smart, good leader, etc. Cutcliffe has a proven track record with QBs and Ainge is no exception.

I'll mention this again........since I have mentioned it elsewhere before......that Ainge completed 67% of his passes in his first year with Cutcliffe as his O.C. He is not the fastest guy, but he does seem to have pretty good pocket presence and his release is quick.

I think this guy could be special. I can't wait to see what he can do against the pressure Florida will bring this Saturady. Hopefully, UT's inexperienced WRs won't hold them back.

JeffSamardzijaIRISH
09-11-2007, 03:43 PM
Erik Ainge might be the most Pro-Ready QB in next year's draft, especially learning from David Cutcliffe. His super-accuracy is probably tops over Brohm and Brennan, but he needs to take more shots down field. Too much in the short passing game, and it looks like he's kind of scared to make the downfield throw, which wasn't the case in his first 2 years.

d34ng3l021
09-11-2007, 05:01 PM
Erik 'Hey look at me I can throw 5 yard completions' Ainge

Bobo
09-12-2007, 11:29 PM
Erik 'Hey look at me I can throw 5 yard completions' Ainge

Have you only seen him play one game? That last game was not indicative of how he's thrown the ball before. He has a NFL arm.

SuperKevin
09-12-2007, 11:31 PM
The fact that he's learning under David Cutcliffe should get him at least a 3rd round spot alone. David Cutcliffe is the real QB guru. Sure Jeff Tedford has sent more guys to the NFL but they are all busts