PDA

View Full Version : Week 1 college football review

gstock05
09-02-2007, 03:03 PM
1. Well... not to beat a dead horse, but Michigan has a bad defense. I questioned since last season why people were ranking michigan so highly to start. I guess they forgot you need to do more than just offense to win a game, and although UM has the offensive firepower to win, Carr is too conservative to always let that firepower loose.

2. Wisconsin is a machine. Few teams are able to stop their rushing attack, and they have a very underrated defense. They are very well rounded and it looks like they wont have lost much at all from losing quarterback John Stocko. They are not only a legitimate National Title contender, but they have the ability to go toe to toe with ANY team in the nation including USC.

3. Illinois will pull off a few big upsets this year and make a bowl game. Nuff said. They gave a much higher ranked Mizzou all they could handle.

4. Desean Jackson will be in New York for heisman voting at the end of the year.

5. SEC teams are shivering at the thought that Tim Tebow quickened his release, mechanics, reads, and accuracy. He looked like a passer before a runner yesterday, and if thats the case, not a single SEC defense will be able to slow down the Gators.

6. The best looking SEC team yesterday was potentially Georgia. Their defense is young, but they played a fairly talented OSU team, Knowshon Moreno is a beast, and Matt Stafford looks like the closest thing to John Elway since... John Elway.

7. Penn State vs. OSU could determine the big 10 title if Wisconsin loses to OSU. This will be an EXTREMELY tough game for OSU.

8. Notre Dame is young, and lacks talent. I hate Charlie Weis, but no amount of genius coaching could make that lack of talent into something good. Give ND 1-2 more years and they'll be a powerhouse again.

9. Not really a whole lot to say about the ACC except Matt Ryan looks like a legit 1st round NFL quarterback, and BC could very well be the best ACC team after beating former ACC champ Wake Forest.

10. Oklahoma will run the table in the big 12.

Green Bay Scat
09-02-2007, 03:06 PM
dont forget juice play 1 quater in that Illin game

SuperKevin
09-02-2007, 03:08 PM
3. Illinois will pull off a few big upsets this year and make a bowl game. Nuff said. They gave a much higher ranked Mizzou all they could handle.

Missouri has a very poor defense, much more so than most Big 10 teams

4. Desean Jackson will be in New York for heisman voting at the end of the year.

Way to go out on a limb

I have issues with these two

doingthisinsteadofwork
09-02-2007, 03:11 PM
i already said Desean would win the Heisman almost a year ago.

gstock05
09-02-2007, 03:15 PM
I never said I was going out on a limb. Just reviewing what my eyes saw.

Want me to go out on a limb? Matt Stafford will also be in New York. Although thats not exactly a ground breaking prediction.

Green Bay Scat
09-02-2007, 03:15 PM
going out on a limb would be that Vandy will be a better team(win wise) than Alabama

elway777
09-02-2007, 03:31 PM
You forgot Pac 10 > Big 10

LonghornsLegend
09-02-2007, 03:57 PM
Oklahoma is gonna run the table because they ran North Texas off the field? Not that they have much competition in the Big 12 aside from us, but I hope them beating up on UNT wasnt the reason you based your decision, UNT's talent level is so far behind OU and UT that its not even funny, and they looked intimidated the whole game

HoopsDemon12
09-02-2007, 03:58 PM
I know they didnt play the best team in the world... but Morelli looked really good agaisnt FIU yesterday...

GB12
09-02-2007, 04:05 PM
2. Wisconsin is a machine. Few teams are able to stop their rushing attack, and they have a very underrated defense. They are very well rounded and it looks like they wont have lost much at all from losing quarterback John Stocko. They are not only a legitimate National Title contender, but they have the ability to go toe to toe with ANY team in the nation including USC.
All the times people were hating on Wisconsin they would bring up the QB situation, and we'd tell them that losing Stocco wasn't a big deal and that Donovan is probably even an upgrade. I hate to say I told you so, well not really, we did.

Sniper
09-02-2007, 04:07 PM
All the times people were hating on Wisconsin they would bring up the QB situation, and we'd tell them that losing Stocco wasn't a big deal and that Donovan is probably even an upgrade. I hate to say I told you so, well not really, we did.

Good to see we put so much emphasis on one game.

GB12
09-02-2007, 04:10 PM
Good to see we put so much emphasis on one game.

He also started 2 games last year that he played very well in too. I just don't see why everyone was acting like Stocco was unreplaceable and Donovan was nothing.

MaxV
09-02-2007, 04:13 PM
I like what I saw from PSU's D yesterday, as well as Morelli.

My biggest concern with them is the O-Line. That may be the difference between a good season and a great season.

gstock05
09-02-2007, 08:14 PM
Oklahoma is gonna run the table because they ran North Texas off the field? Not that they have much competition in the Big 12 aside from us, but I hope them beating up on UNT wasnt the reason you based your decision, UNT's talent level is so far behind OU and UT that its not even funny, and they looked intimidated the whole game

I'm not basing my thoughts on the fact that a certain team either won or lost a specific game. But rather the fact that Oklahoma lacks glaring weak points, looked very polished, have an upcoming star in Murray and potentially Bradford, and have a great line on both sides of the ball.