PDA

View Full Version : Official Game Day Thread

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

CJSchneider
12-06-2009, 03:58 PM
I can't handle too many more games like that. Sweet Jesus, I am amazed we pulled that out. Someone put Shaun Suisham on the payroll.

Auron
12-06-2009, 04:10 PM
Still trying to figure out between this win, and the Miami game which was more of an epic comeback... I would prefer them not to play games like this but all things considered it's great to actually Clinch the Division with a win this season.

I have a lot of thoughts on this game but I'll write it up later.. In short though the Defensive Injuries finally caught up with us in a game.. it was only a matter of time before some team exploited our Secondary with our top 3 Cornerbacks out. Jenkins although he had 2 very solid games in Tampa, and vs New England.. he showed today that he's still a rookie and has a lot of learning left to do... While McKenzie, and McAlister still have to get back up to the speed of the game.

My only really big concern going forward... is that for the first time this year I felt we truly could not establish the Run at all.. we tried to run the ball... but we just couldn't period. I'm not sure how much of that was Haynesworth, and the Redskins Front 7 dominating.... and how much was our O-line coming up short.. probably a mix but we had to rely on Brees' arm far more then necessary in a game where the conditions outside favored us to run. Thankfully that #9 guy is pretty darn good... but this must be fixed for the playoffs.

SeanTaylorRIP
12-06-2009, 04:11 PM
Congrats on the win, we fcking suck and refuse to win. Still though I had to laugh watching your defense today because it was giving me flashbacks of Greg Williams as our DC.

Saints-Tigers
12-06-2009, 11:59 PM
You'd think in a week where we are struggling, Thomas+Bush would have more than 7 total carries, less than half of what Mike Bell got.

I know he likes to keep the ball moving around, but when Bell is being so thoroughly stymied, mix it up a little more.... you're not doing yourself any favors by benching possibly your two most dangerous weapons.

Flyboy
12-07-2009, 03:04 AM
Congrats on the win, we fcking suck and refuse to win. Still though I had to laugh watching your defense today because it was giving me flashbacks of Greg Williams as our DC.

With fairness to Gregg Williams', we were down three of our top CBs and our starting OLB. It was only a matter of time before those injuries finally took their toll on our defense.

CJSchneider
12-07-2009, 05:53 AM
With fairness to Gregg Williams', we were down three of our top CBs and our starting OLB. It was only a matter of time before those injuries finally took their toll on our defense.

I agree. Couple that with the low that follows such an emotiona high (beating NE) this was going to be a tough week.

21ST
12-07-2009, 10:30 AM
Congrats on the win u guys rock we suck

wicket
12-07-2009, 03:58 PM
Congrats on the win u guys rock we suck

yet you guys outplayed us

Auron
12-07-2009, 09:31 PM
I think there are numerous factors you can attribute to our Poor Defensive performance. First and foremost the players just were not used to playing in the Cold weather, with those field conditions. Lets face it we're just not a Cold weather team, we play most of our games in a Dome... So you have to expect some kind of adjustment especially playing with such poor field conditions. There was heavy precipitation the night before the game, and the field was slick, torn up, and contributed to some poor footing.

I thought they picked on Jenkins, which was expected as a Rookie.. and also Mike McKenzie... he played a great game vs. New England.. maybe above his head, but he came back down to earth this week and struggled big time. He missed some tackle opportunities, and just in general looked like a guy who had not played football in a while... he was even benched at one point in the game. (Prioleau took snaps from him in Nickel towards the end) In general our Tackling was poor, the Redskins used a lot of crossing routes, and quick passes out to the flats in the Redzone, and our guys were slow getting to the ball, and had poor tackling attempts. You can attribute part of it to field conditions, part of it to missing guys with Injury but the bottom line is you can't give up gimme points like that.

Scott Fujita's absence was also very notable. He's a very smart, veteran Linebacker and it shows when he's out... Dunbar, and Evans just aren't at his level.... a lot of those short underneath routes, and Tight End receptions would be better contested with Fujita in. Not too mention he does a lot better job of staying at Home, and covering the backside of run plays....

Despite the great job Greg Williams has done scheming this year, there was going to be a game where our injuries would be exploited... we just didn't expect it to happen against a Washington team who's Offense struggled all season.. but eh they've been playing hard, and who else would better understand how Greg Williams would attack then Jason Campbell and the guys who played on the other side of Williams while he was in Washington.

NOLAFan
12-08-2009, 06:06 PM
Idk what to think about this game. I just watched it today. It was very sloppy defensively for the Saints. I understand that this was a short week and that the monday night game was most likely emotionally draining but i'm starting to get the feeling that we play down to those weaker opponents and only really show up against the "elite" teams.

Flyboy
12-10-2009, 04:37 PM
Key injuries that the Falcons are dealing with, but our secondary and defense is banged up as well. McKenzie & Jenkins will probably get the nod again...

We win this one, we have a first round bye in the playoffs and knock the Falcons out of the playoff hunt. Here's hoping we can pull it off.

Auron
12-11-2009, 01:44 PM
Saints need to get out of the habit of giving the opponent an early lead. Down 7-0 vs. Tampa, 7-3 to New England, and 10-0 to Washington. The quicker our opponents get up the more hope it gives them of staying in the game. Saints just need to take care of business, and finish the year out strong.

Either we take control of this game early, or let Atlanta hang around... at that point our Defensive injuries are bound to be exploited at some point.

diabsoule
12-13-2009, 03:19 PM
Our defense is looking like they did last year. We can't get Greer and Porter back quick enough. I also think teams are starting to figure out our defensive scheme.

I'm real nervous about the Dallas game.

Auron
12-13-2009, 03:37 PM
Our defense is looking like they did last year. We can't get Greer and Porter back quick enough. I also think teams are starting to figure out our defensive scheme.

I'm real nervous about the Dallas game.

I think it's more so that without Greer, and Porter.. Greg Williams just doesn't have the flexibility to be creative, and bring the kind of pressure he needs to truly run his style of Defense. As a result we're being more passive and dropping people off soft, and teams have just been taking the easy completions...

as of now we just don't have the cover guys do really bring a lot of pressure... and you saw that with the Double corner blitz today and what happened as a result of it.

CJSchneider
12-13-2009, 04:32 PM
and you saw that with the Double corner blitz today and what happened as a result of it.

They need to tear the page that has the "Chucky Blitz" on it, out of the play book and wipe their *** with it.

diabsoule
12-13-2009, 04:33 PM
They need to tear the page that has the "Chucky Blitz" on it, out of the play book and wipe their *** with it.

Just like with the Super Dome special?

wicket
12-13-2009, 06:44 PM
worrying defensive showing tbh, cant have many of those games or its gonna bite someone in the ass

NOLAFan
12-13-2009, 09:02 PM
I know we have alot of key defensive guys out but come on. Its was freaking Chris Redman. With Ryan and Turner out we should have had their O controlled.

I thought this game would have been completely lopsided with us passing all over ATL

CJSchneider
12-13-2009, 09:39 PM
As I had company coming in, I was only able to watch a small part of the game, but I'm wondering if at this point we aren't showing some abnormal stuff so no one can really pin us down with our patterns when it really counts?

Saints-Tigers
12-13-2009, 10:26 PM
How many teams can cover without their top two CBs?

NOLAFan
12-13-2009, 10:33 PM
How many teams can cover without their top two CBs?

Did it against the Patriots, who had Brady...

Saints-Tigers
12-13-2009, 11:16 PM
You can't really expect sustained success with guys off the streets, especially when teams start to have time to pick it apart.

Thing is, it's a trickle down effect, we can't leave these guys on an island all day like we did with Porter/Greer, so now the safeties can't freelance and break up plays or make picks, and they can't be as aggressive in the run game.

NOLAFan
12-14-2009, 12:32 PM
I can't and i understand what your saying. Injuries are hurting us but we are making mediocre teams look great against us ands i know we have the talent(the ones that are healthy) to shut them down.

I think i was spoiled by the defensive play from earlier this season and now anything less is not acceptable

Flyboy
12-15-2009, 01:11 PM
The Cowboys are looking to end their December woes with a huge win in the Dome... if we win and the Vikings lose, we'll have home field throughout the playoffs. I seriously doubt DeMarcus Ware will be playing in the game. Our thin secondary will seriously be tested with Roy Williams, Miles Austin & Patrick Crayton... should be a good one.

Sadly, this will be the first game of the season I won't be able to watch due to work (f'n SATURDAY night game!) :(. I hope I don't kill our mojo. :(

wicket
12-15-2009, 04:52 PM
want to win and want to win hard, I want to destroy the boys and make them girls

CJSchneider
12-15-2009, 05:19 PM
want to win and want to win hard, I want to destroy the boys and make them girls

Amen to that, there are so many Cowgirl fans I want to shut up.

Flyboy
12-15-2009, 05:48 PM
Well, being originally from Texas there isn't a team I love beating the most than the Dallas Cowboys. Hopefully it'll be a replay of our 2006 game against them.

diabsoule
12-15-2009, 06:32 PM
Well, being originally from Texas there isn't a team I love beating the most than the Dallas Cowboys. Hopefully it'll be a replay of our 2006 game against them.

That's my hope too, brotha.

Auron
12-15-2009, 07:03 PM
A lot of people are saying this should be an 'easy' game for the Saints, but even though we have had Dallas' number in the past I don't think this one will be an easy victory... I'm sure they are tired of hearing about their December woes, and want to end the streak of losing in December, and losing to the Saints... so I personally feel they will bring their A game.

If Ware isn't playing for them, that's a blow and just makes Drew Brees' life easier... I'd like to hope we can get Fujita, Lance Moore, and Mike Bell back for this one...

NOLAFan
12-15-2009, 08:55 PM
I think the Saints wipe the floor with "America's Team". The reason i say this is because it's consider a big game and the Saints only play complete games in big games. Games the Saints should be dominating are close games and games that could go either way the Saints dominate. Thats my theory anyways.

Saints-Tigers
12-15-2009, 09:04 PM
Sean Payton and Drew Brees(texas guy) want this win more than any other. Team is going to be focused and come out hard IMO.

I just hope some Cowboys talk smack and give us some bulletin board material, I want to see them get demolished.

dpl85
12-15-2009, 09:05 PM

What made you become a Saints fan if you're from Texas?

D-Unit
12-16-2009, 06:46 PM
How can you be upset at the name "America's Team"??

How self righteous is it to call yourselves "Saints"?

Ours is a nickname, yours IS your name! Lol

CJSchneider
12-16-2009, 08:57 PM
http://www.giantstalk.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/cowboys-suck.jpg

NOLAFan
12-16-2009, 10:43 PM
How can you be upset at the name "America's Team"??

How self righteous is it to call yourselves "Saints"?

Ours is a nickname, yours IS your name! Lol

Isn't it a little self righteous to claim yourself America's Team?

dpl85
12-16-2009, 10:59 PM
You obviously never heard the story of how that term originated. It was someone at NFL Films who was doing the year in review in the 70's after we had lost to Pittsburgh in the super bowl who wanted to put a positive spin on a season that came just a little short of being super. He noticed that the Cowboys always had a strong fan following in opposing teams stadiums and dubbed them America's Team. We didn't give ourselves the name but we certainly weren't going to shy away from it either as it's quite flattering to be thought of in that light. Admittedly it's much harder to call yourself that when you haven't even won a playoff game since '96.

NOLAFan
12-17-2009, 12:15 AM
You obviously never heard the story of how that term originated. It was someone at NFL Films who was doing the year in review in the 70's after we had lost to Pittsburgh in the super bowl who wanted to put a positive spin on a season that came just a little short of being super. He noticed that the Cowboys always had a strong fan following in opposing teams stadiums and dubbed them America's Team. We didn't give ourselves the name but we certainly weren't going to shy away from it either as it's quite flattering to be thought of in that light. Admittedly it's much harder to call yourself that when you haven't even won a playoff game since '96.

thats mostly why i don't like that name and hate when people use it. The Cowboys have had great talent this last couple of years and have failed to do anything with that talent.

Btw never heard that story before.

diesel
12-17-2009, 11:19 AM
America's Team
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
The Dallas Cowboys are commonly referred to as America's Team

The term America's Team is a popular nickname in American sports that most often refers to the Dallas Cowboys of the National Football League.[1] The nickname originated with the team's 1978 highlight film, where the narrator opens with the following introduction:

They appear on television so often that their faces are as familiar to the public as presidents and movie stars. They are the Dallas Cowboys, "America's Team."[2]

The term is recognized and often used by media outlets, including ESPN,[3] Yahoo!,[4] HBO Sports,[5] and Sports Illustrated.[6]

On their Top 10 show, the NFL Network named the Dallas Cowboys' "America's Team" as the #1 nickname in NFL history.

That is from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/America%27s_Team

The fact that people are still talking about it and are upset about it just makes it more true. And if you read that how does it not still hold true today? They took a poll of NFL players of teams they'd want to play for and Cowboys won convincingly with 11% followed by San Diego at 6% and the Steelers at around 5% I believe. You can argue all you want but we are easily the most recognized team in the NFL as well as sports. That is what makes us America's Team.

D-Unit
12-17-2009, 03:55 PM
Funniest thing about it is that people hate Dallas fans over it. The fans had nothing to do with it. Media hyped it up.

Doesn't matter that Dallas hasn't done anything since 96. Once you get a nickname it sticks forever. Besides, we had the most SB rings for a nice period there. America likes to refer themselves as winners. Go figure.

NOLAFan
12-17-2009, 08:47 PM
Funniest thing about it is that people hate Dallas fans over it. The fans had nothing to do with it. Media hyped it up.

Doesn't matter that Dallas hasn't done anything since 96. Once you get a nickname it sticks forever. Besides, we had the most SB rings for a nice period there. America likes to refer themselves as winners. Go figure.

Its nothing against the fans, as you striked it right on the head, its the media who i have grown irriated with.

Quick question: How is America, Texas? We aren't talking about America. Last i checked Cowboys don't represent America as a whole.

Saints-Tigers
12-19-2009, 08:52 AM
I don't care about the America's team thing, they WERE America's team for a while, they had iconic players and faces, the cheerleaders were popular, and they were big winners with a big fan following, etc.

I just know a lot of Cowboy fans that irritate the **** out of me.

CJSchneider
12-19-2009, 10:36 PM
http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2008/01/funny-pictures-sad-cat-blackandwhite.jpg

NOLAFan
12-19-2009, 10:38 PM
That was pathetic. It really was. The D could not tackle a thing. There were times that things would get good then the Cowboys would just truck us.

The offensive line really hurt us tonight. Brees can't always be perfect....God damn Henderson in the endzone shouldn't have dropped that mess.

Hopefully the upside of this lose is that we set ourselves right and dominate into the playoffs

wicket
12-19-2009, 10:38 PM
http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2008/01/funny-pictures-sad-cat-blackandwhite.jpg

i was going to find the same but with a dog

CJSchneider
12-19-2009, 10:40 PM
God damn Henderson in the endzone shouldn't have dropped that mess.

That play is going to give me nightmares.

CJSchneider
12-19-2009, 10:42 PM
i was going to find the same but with a dog

http://images.icanhascheezburger.com/completestore/2009/1/16/128766349672957973.jpg

FreshBoy!
12-19-2009, 10:42 PM
Great game guys...had me scared for a minute!

wicket
12-19-2009, 10:48 PM
ow yeah and one more thing. I hope this game has killed any illusions we had that jenkins is a corner, the guy is a safety and it showed

Auron
12-19-2009, 10:49 PM
Well I had a feeling they would lose at some point in the season, I'm going to look on the bright side and say thankfully we got this out of the way before the playoffs.... but these slow starts were bound to bite us in the rear eventually.. you can't keep handing teams Two score leads and expect to battle back every single time.

I'm glad they showed some passion towards the end and made it a competitive game.. but the Saints have got to start playing like that from the opening kick off.

CJSchneider
12-19-2009, 11:16 PM
ow yeah and one more thing. I hope this game has killed any illusions we had that jenkins is a corner, the guy is a safety and it showed

Yeah that pass he let Austin score on had me so ticked off, I threw the remote against the wall.

LonghornsLegend
12-19-2009, 11:22 PM
Great game guys, I know alot of you hate the Cowboys but you guys showed alot of heart making it a game, honestly it's only so much you could do with Bushrod vs Ware, that wasn't even fair and it was a blatant mis match.

Hope to see you in the 2nd round of the playoffs, your still the best in the NFC and nothing wrong with losing 1 game at this point. Jenkins did struggle some, I always felt he would make a great safety or cover 2 corner, but it's still early. People can make that change like Antrell Rolle once you know it's not working.

Flyboy
12-20-2009, 01:14 AM
Thanks for the kind words, LL.

I hope I didn't jinx our team guys by missing watching our first game thus far this season. :( I'm sad... but, Miami is still our overall goal.

Saints-Tigers
12-20-2009, 05:41 AM
Everyone said Jenkins wouldn't make it as a corner because he wasn't fast enough.

He didn't get beat because of lack of speed, he bit on a strong move, and was overaggressive on routes.

LL, we like you, k.

Flyboy
12-20-2009, 12:32 PM
I miss you Jabari Greer. Get well soon. kkthx

diabsoule
12-20-2009, 12:36 PM
I miss you Jabari Greer. Get well soon. kkthx

I think what's going to speed up his recovery is some flowers and a singing gift card. I'm probably going to send both.

D-Unit
12-20-2009, 01:14 PM
Do you guys have some voodoo magic over opposing kickers? hah. That was a close game yesterday, even if the Cowboys seemingly dominated the game, it was amazing how you were still able to be in it till the last second. Brees is a dangerous dangerous man. I was really worried about our secondary versus your air attack. ...and to be honest, they weren't that great... outside of Jenkins. Thankfully, Mike Jenkins > Malcolm Jenkins. ;)

Auron
12-20-2009, 03:45 PM
I didn't really start to feel the loss until the Day after. Right after the game I was kind of numb but indifferent, then for the first time all season I woke up with a sick feeling.... reminded of what losing tastes like.

Our pass protection in that game was terrible. Jermon Bushrod has had his ups and downs this season, and Saturday Night was definitely a Down night for him... I don't think I've seen Brees under pressure like that since early 2007 when the O-line was terrible. It wasn't just Bushrod, everyone had their mistakes... especially our Backs, and Tight Ends.

Malcolm Jenkins got picked on all night long... it was nice to have Porter back, and he made a difference, but we really need Jabari Greer back. Reggie Bush getting hurt definitely did not help matters either, he looked primed for a big game before he tweaked his hammy.

Overall Dallas looked like a team that came in more hungry, and overall it seemed like they wanted this game more.. and it showed.

Flyboy
12-20-2009, 06:29 PM
I followed most of the game on my iPhone and noticed that Anthony Spencer was causing havoc all night long. Was he beating Stinchcomb badly or what?

Auron
12-20-2009, 06:33 PM
Some of the time he was getting around Stinchcomb, other times it was Bushrod... but the biggest plays came when he came unblocked and blew Brees up... because of a Back, O-line blowing a Protection pick up.

NOLAFan
12-20-2009, 10:26 PM
Brees himself has come out and said that he failed to recognize Ware at the line and make the adjustments to that.

You know i don't feel bad about losing,as a Saints fan i'm use to it, but the awful play of the offense and defense makes me feel unsatisfied...like we didn't leave it all out on the field.

In the long run i think a loss can help us but we shall see.

Saints-Tigers
12-21-2009, 01:15 PM
Oddly enough, Bush not being there hurt us in pass protection a lot, Pierre Thomas whiffed more times and let a guy come in free than Bush has all year.

Strange even saying it, haha.

Flyboy
12-22-2009, 02:37 AM
Not strange at all... Bush has become an excellent blocker when it comes to pass protection. For all the hate he gets, that's one thing he EXCELS at that largely goes unnoticed by the casual fan.

Saints-Tigers
12-22-2009, 08:53 AM
Only thing I can get mad about this year is his injuries. He's had limited carries, but he leads all of our backs in touchdowns, yards per carry, and yards per touch. Hard to argue with that, but he can't stay off the god damn piece of **** asshole ******* twatsickle injured list.

Flyboy
12-25-2009, 10:56 AM
Coming off a tough loss against Dallas, we still can lock up HFA with a win over the Bucs. I hope we come out and completely dominant them.

CJSchneider
12-25-2009, 12:15 PM
I'm wondering if, depending on the situation/score, we won't see Payton pulling players out.

Flyboy
12-25-2009, 01:06 PM
You know, I would expect him to. I fully expect him to treat the last game against Carolina much like a preseason game.

Auron
12-26-2009, 05:13 AM
I think one of the true gut checks for the Saints this season. It will be the first time this season we see how they handle a game after a loss.

If they come out and Dominate this game from the start I think all will be fine and that shows they will have re-focused... if however they continue to start slowly and let the Bucs hang around in this game.. it's time to seriously worry heading into the playoffs.

CJSchneider
12-27-2009, 03:08 PM
Mother god damn ******

Flyboy
12-27-2009, 03:10 PM
Son of a f'n *****. Just... ugh, ugh, ugh.

NOLAFan
12-27-2009, 03:16 PM
Playoffs?!?!? This team is gonna get ******* destroyed in the playoffs. What the hell happened to the team that decimated the Patriots?

Where the hell is Carney? i have more faith in the old man than this new guy

CJSchneider
12-27-2009, 03:21 PM
Playoffs?!?!? This team is gonna get ******* destroyed in the playoffs. What the hell happened to the team that decimated the Patriots?

Where the hell is Carney? i have more faith in the old man than this new guy

Some good it did hiring him as a consultant.

Carney: Between the up rights kid.
Dead man: Sure thing sir.
Carney: WTF was that?
Dead man: Was that bad?

wicket
12-27-2009, 03:23 PM
well that sucked

CJSchneider
12-27-2009, 03:24 PM
We all just became Bears fans.

NOLAFan
12-27-2009, 03:35 PM

Not even Jesus could help the Bears

Flyboy
12-27-2009, 06:01 PM

Not necessarily. I believe even if the Vikings win on MNF, if we beat Carolina next weekend we'll have HFA.

CJSchneider
12-27-2009, 06:03 PM
Not necessarily. I believe even if the Vikings win on MNF, if we beat Carolina next weekend we'll have HFA.

True, but I'd rather get it locked down ASAP. Why wait until the last week to have to win when it can be out of the way with a Vikings loss Monday.

Auron
12-28-2009, 11:58 AM
Well now it's time to panic... the Dallas loss wasn't an anomaly and that was quite an embarrassment losing to a team that was 2-12 before this game.

We managed to fix the slow start issue jumping out to a 17-0 lead, but utterly failed the rest of the game. It seemed like the team lost all intensity, and emotion at that point.

Now because of this we still have to go full throttle against a Carolina team that's on a roll.... if we lose next week then this ship will have sunken.

CJSchneider
12-29-2009, 05:55 PM

Not even Jesus could help the Bears

http://images6.cafepress.com/product/95746746v4_480x480_Front_Color-White.jpg

NOLAFan
12-29-2009, 06:52 PM
http://images6.cafepress.com/product/95746746v4_480x480_Front_Color-White.jpg

Touche Jesus

Flyboy
01-03-2010, 12:02 PM
Umm... go Chase Daniel!

CJSchneider
01-03-2010, 12:08 PM
In all seriousness, I want to see him get out there and do well. We are paying Brunell 4.75 mil as a back up. That could be cap money better spent elsewhere if Daniel is up to the task.

Flyboy
01-03-2010, 03:05 PM
Mark Brunell is absolutely horrid.

CJSchneider
01-03-2010, 04:45 PM
I'm not gonna quote myself, but I think his performance proved my point.

diabsoule
01-05-2010, 12:56 AM
Brunell better not be with the team next year.

Flyboy
01-11-2010, 02:07 AM
Nice and early, guys.

Well, the playoffs are here and we face the Cardinals. Should be a good game... protecting Drew Brees will be essential and our defense MUST be able to pressure Warner and disrupt his timing in the pocket. It'll be good to have the combo of Porter/Greer on the outside again and essentially a pretty healthy team. Hopefully we'll go out there with the NFCCG to follow.

CJSchneider
01-11-2010, 05:52 AM
I am so amped up for this game.

I really hope that AZ blew their load on the game with GB.

Saints-Tigers
01-11-2010, 08:48 AM
Antrel Rolle says he'd rather face Drew Brees a million times than face Aaron Rodgers again.

Bulletin board plz.

diabsoule
01-11-2010, 10:52 AM
Antrel Rolle says he'd rather face Drew Brees a million times than face Aaron Rodgers again.

Bulletin board plz.

We'll see. Aaron Rodgers was playing out of his mind the last half of the season. Brees, on the other hand, has looked mortal the last half of the season. Hopefully our offense comes out firing on all cylinders like it was the first half of the year when we were blowing people up for points.

CJSchneider
01-11-2010, 11:06 AM
We'll see. Aaron Rodgers was playing out of his mind the last half of the season. Brees, on the other hand, has looked mortal the last half of the season. Hopefully our offense comes out firing on all cylinders like it was the first half of the year when we were blowing people up for points.

Yeah, I want to see how AZ responds when we start dropping a 40-burger on them and they realize they have to jump up again to get over a high scoring performance.

NOLAFan
01-11-2010, 05:07 PM
I really hope that AZ blew their load on the game with GB.

Blew their load...HA!. Sorry felt like being a little kid again.

I hope the O Line plays good because Brees being overly pressured is never good

Flyboy
01-11-2010, 07:05 PM
And, Arizona has the defensive line to do so.. Darnell Dockett is a manbeast for them. Nicks & Evans better bring their A-games.

wicket
01-12-2010, 09:53 AM
And, Arizona has the defensive line to do so.. Darnell Dockett is a manbeast for them. Nicks & Evans better bring their A-games.

DTackles dont worry me that much, DEnds do. Nicks and Evans have never had trouble manning up man2man.

fenikz
01-12-2010, 10:03 AM
we run a 3-4, Dockett is a DE and god it will be great to have Campbell back this week

diabsoule
01-12-2010, 02:28 PM
we run a 3-4, Dockett is a DE and god it will be great to have Campbell back this week

Definitely. He's really come on this season. Our OL is going to have our hands full this game, that's for sure.

Another thing that worries me is that 3-4 defenses usually give us fits. The good news is that neither Chike Okeafor, Bertrand Berry, and Clark Haggans aren't in DeMarcus Ware's league so Bushrod won't have to worry about a speed rusher off the edge. Instead he'll have to tango with Darnell Dockett.

The problem with Zona is that it doesn't matter if we drop a 40 burger on them. They have the offense to drop a 50 burger on us. Look at last week. Green Bay put up tons of points but it didn't matter. Arizona just put up more than the Pack.

Our crowd is going to have to play a huge factor in this game. It can't show up with another weak ass performance like the Dallas game. If we start the game with a couple of three and outs like we did against Dallas then it'll be over for us.

Flyboy
01-12-2010, 03:29 PM
People are overlooking the fact that our pass defense is actually pretty decent. It's our run defense that has been horrid as of late.

CJSchneider
01-12-2010, 07:07 PM
The problem with Zona is that it doesn't matter if we drop a 40 burger on them. They have the offense to drop a 50 burger on us. Look at last week. Green Bay put up tons of points but it didn't matter. Arizona just put up more than the Pack.

Yeah but AZ averaged 23.4 points in the reg season, we had 31.9. If we had to we could jump just as easy, and I doubt AZ drops 50 twice in a row.

NOLAFan
01-13-2010, 08:09 PM
I'm so siked for this game. Its crazy. Anticipation is killing me.

I have a feeling this game rest on whether or not the Saints can stop the run. If they can do that this game will turn into a who can score the most.

I keep reading on here that the Saints are gonna drop 40. I think it really depends on what team shows up. Right now i don't see them dropping 40. If they decide to be the team from the beginning of this season then i want to see them butt rape Antrel Rolle.

Auron
01-15-2010, 10:29 PM
I feel this game will come down to what kind of protection Drew Brees will be afforded against a pretty disruptive Cardinals front 7. I think our Offense needs to return to the level they were playing at earlier in the season for us to win this, because no doubt Arizona will be putting up some points.. we just have to put up more.

Flyboy
01-16-2010, 12:17 PM
Glad to see you back, Auron. Now let's go out and take this.

Stranger
01-16-2010, 06:26 PM
Congrats Saints, completely outplayed us today. I have always had a soft spot for the Saints and will be rooting for you.

wicket
01-16-2010, 06:32 PM
Congrats Saints, completely outplayed us today. I have always had a soft spot for the Saints and will be rooting for you.

cheers dude, also nice to hear that the bandwagon is filling up again ;)

CJSchneider
01-16-2010, 06:42 PM
Good game AZ.

We definitely have that swag back going into the Conference Championship game now.

CJSchneider
01-16-2010, 06:44 PM
http://www.doobybrain.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/10/big-burger.jpg

fellow Saints fans, you know what this is.

wicket
01-16-2010, 06:55 PM
http://www.doobybrain.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/10/big-burger.jpg

fellow Saints fans, you know what this is.

a five dollar foot-tall?

CJSchneider
01-16-2010, 07:27 PM
40 Burger!!!

Saints-Tigers
01-16-2010, 08:35 PM
Well that sure ruined everyone's dream of piling onto the Saints and/or certain players.

NOLAFan
01-17-2010, 12:38 AM
Wheres Antrel Rolle? I want that fool to eat that 40 burger...NOW!!

Flyboy
01-17-2010, 01:35 AM
C'mon down, guys. We still got two games left. Let's not get too overexcited now.

Saints-Tigers
01-17-2010, 02:43 AM
C'mon down, guys. We still got two games left. Let's not get too overexcited now.

I'm not, I really haven't even celebrated, because at this point, I'd be disappointed with anything less than a Lombardi trophy.

Flyboy
01-17-2010, 02:55 PM
Well, guys - we're almost there. Almost on that road to Miami but we have to beat a tough Vikings opponent to get there.

I'm still bitter about them beating us last season on Monday Night Football - I think it'll be a good game next week and not like the blowout we witnessed of the Cardinals.

Sean Payton must, must find ways to protect Jermon Bushrod facing Jared Allen. He fared well against Bertrand Berry but Allen is an entirely different animal. Stinchcomb will get tested against Ray Edwards too. Hopefully our interior will show their worth against the Williams'. That's the strength of the Vikings - if we're able to protect Drew Brees and give him time, I think we'll do well against the Vikings' secondary.

As far as our offense, must stop Adrian Peterson. He hasn't had those big runs as of late but he's still a threat and one of the best backs in the league. We must find a way to put pressure on Brett Favre - Jabari Greer will have a tough assignment going against Sidney Rice yet he's been one of the best corners in the league this season when healthy. The Vikings have a lot of weapons for us to contain and hopefully Gregg Williams will be up to the task.

Let's go out there and take this one guys and stamp our ticket to Miami.

Auron
01-18-2010, 08:40 PM
I might write something up for this game later on in the week... but in short for now I'll just say I was positively surprised with the way the Saints beat the Cardinals... it was impressive but I'm still worried about this game against Minnesota. I think they match up with us really well, and even though it's at home I'm still worried....

zachsaints52
01-18-2010, 09:02 PM
Last year we held AP to his lowest rushing total I htink ever? haha i dont wanna look it up. But I expect Thomas and/or Shockey to help chip and Evans to pull out like those fake counters to help Bushrod. Exploit their MLB (Brinkley) and look for matchups for Bush again on LBs and Safeties. Use the screen to counter balance Allen and company on the dline. Defensively I see us blitzingtheir right side of their line because itll be easier to get in then their left (Mckennie and hutch). Look for Sharper to watch the Harvin middle routes and Harper to play shorter for Shanicoe. I see Farve trying to pull it off yet again but 2+ picks. 35-17 Saints.

NOLAFan
01-18-2010, 09:33 PM
i'm really worried about how our offensive line will hold up, and whether or not Porter,Greer,Sharper, and Old Man Harper can play at their peak.

Honestly i have submitted to the fact that AP hasn't had a big game for in awhile and historically every player in the NFL has a great day against the Saints when that player is in a slump...might even break a record. It always happens against the Saints.

nofalcons10
01-19-2010, 08:43 AM
the vikings defense is alot like the giants defense. strong front seven against the run and very good power rushers but very, very poor back seven.

I'm thinking that brees is going to spread them out just like last year in 3-4wr sets like we did against the giants and pass for about 3-4 touchdowns.

i dont see the vikings having an answer for meachem, henderson, bush, shockey and tomas. let alone our running game.

saints 35, vikings 20

zachsaints52
01-19-2010, 09:58 AM
i'm really worried about how our offensive line will hold up, and whether or not Porter,Greer,Sharper, and Old Man Harper can play at their peak.

You mean old man Sharper? haha. But I see this as the best DT combo vs. the best OG combo itll be an exciting matchup.

the vikings defense is alot like the giants defense. strong front seven against the run and very good power rushers but very, very poor back seven

So the lbers are sucky against the pass but good against the run? Im trying to understand this sentence.

nofalcons10
01-19-2010, 10:57 AM
So the lbers are sucky against the pass but good against the run? Im trying to understand this sentence.

exactly.

quick on the uptake there....

they couldn't cover mark cambell, reggie bush and billy miller last year, why would they be able to now?

nofalcons10
01-19-2010, 11:02 AM
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d80b70409/WK-5-Drew-Brees-highlights

Auron
01-19-2010, 04:02 PM
Well you have a point I think this is a game we're going to have to win by Passing the ball, we have this Dome-field advantage might as well utilize it to our best ability.

Just because we managed to contain Peterson pretty well in our game last year doesn't mean we will be able to again this year... our biggest weakness this season has been stopping the run and Peterson is always a fearsome back to match up against.

The Vikings have an incredibly disruptive Defensive line as we saw against Dallas, where Romo was under constant pressure. Our O-line has to be up to a big task, my biggest concern is Jared Allen vs. the Left side of our line... Bushrod surely is bound to struggle if he's left one on one with him. So it'll be interesting to see how we compensate, and Ray Edwards is coming off a monster game he might give us some troubles as well.

NOLAFan
01-19-2010, 05:10 PM
[QUOTE=zachsaints52;1978935]You mean old man Sharper? QUOTE]

you would think thats who i would be talking about but Harper was on the NFL Network after the game and the man had gray hair and looked to be about 50 years old. it was crazy.

zachsaints52
01-19-2010, 09:54 PM
Haha yeah its all good. But I see THomas chipping on Allen and max protecting. Id put our 3 WRs vs their Seconday any day, as long as Brees has the time.

Flyboy
01-19-2010, 10:32 PM
The Vikings have an incredibly disruptive Defensive line as we saw against Dallas, where Romo was under constant pressure.

While this is true, Dallas was able to do some things against the Vikings defense in the first half before it got out of hand.

Saints-Tigers
01-19-2010, 11:52 PM
I really think our spread offense will give them trouble. They are really huge and physical, but the back 7 can't cover for squat, if we can hold up at all up front, Brees should pick them apart. We have a lot of speed on offense, and they have a lot of power on defense.

Our defense has played well every time we have been healthy, I have no reason to believe they won't again, I think we can take this!

I'm worried about Peterson as well, I'm just hoping that the team doesn't sleep on him.

CJSchneider
01-20-2010, 05:55 AM
This is going to be the "real" superbowl. I think these are the two best teams out there.

If Indy wins the SB will be legit (and I will have accurately predicted the SB teams, look it up). I am in some ways hoping that "Gang Green" can pull an upset win out of their ass and we face an inferior Jets team in the SB however.

Mr.Regular
01-20-2010, 08:55 AM
I'm rooting for you guys like crazy. Usually, once my team is out I am a happy observer, but if you guys knock out Brett and the Queens, you will forever have a place in my heart!
GO SAINTS GO!

Saints-Tigers
01-20-2010, 12:02 PM
Keeping Favre out of the Superbowl and leaving everyone's sanity intact is on the line here. If they get in and we have to hear about Favre's heroics for two weeks, there may be mass suicide from NFL fans.

It's all on us.

Flyboy
01-21-2010, 02:08 AM
I'm rooting for you guys like crazy. Usually, once my team is out I am a happy observer, but if you guys knock out Brett and the Queens, you will forever have a place in my heart!
GO SAINTS GO!

Hey, bro - we're going to try our damn best.

P.S. Vikings, PLEASE PUNT TO REGGIE BUSH.

kkthxbi

vikes_28
01-21-2010, 02:14 AM
Hey, bro - we're going to try our damn best.

P.S. Vikings, PLEASE PUNT TO REGGIE BUSH.

kkthxbi

Keep in mind that our special teams has upgraded significantly from last year. I don't care how "hot" Reggie Bush is. He will get stopped on punt returns.

the_legend_killer
01-21-2010, 07:41 AM
Eh, Vikes, I still wouldn't risk it.

TitleTown088
01-21-2010, 12:10 PM
Keep in mind that our special teams has upgraded significantly from last year. I don't care how "hot" Reggie Bush is. He will get stopped on punt returns.

Because you got Heath back? That old SOB can't catch Reggie.

Saints are gonna destroy.... I hope! I'm a huge Saints fan for this week ( well probably the rest of the year). Geaux saints!

Saints-Tigers
01-21-2010, 12:10 PM

That's the mentality that got them in trouble last year. Well, he can't run another one back right? :D

Darksider
01-21-2010, 12:31 PM
Saints-38
Vikes-17

We held AP to under 40 yards last year WITH A GARY GIBBS DEFENSE.

Granted they didn't have Favre, but I have no fear of the WR's. We'll play them much like Zona.

Greer=Rice (Lockdown)
Porter=Berrian (Lockdown)
***/Sharper=Harvin (meh)

we'll keep everything in front of us. i'm actually scaring myself how much this game doesn't scare me.

Darksider
01-21-2010, 01:23 PM
and just to throw this out there...

Pierre Thomas
avg per rush 5.4

Adrian Peterson
avg per rush 4.9

Reggie Bush
avg per rush 5.6

Chester Taylor
avg per Rush 3.6

Team Attempts Yards Average

New Orleans 468 2106 4.5

Minnesota 467 1918 4.1

NOLAFan
01-21-2010, 05:15 PM
Don't be talking any smack because i definitely don't wanna hear it later on if we lose. I definitely just want a good close game this weekend.

Superstitious as it maybe keep your pregame routine the same.

wogitalia
01-21-2010, 06:59 PM
Defensively I see us blitzingtheir right side of their line because itll be easier to get in then their left (Mckennie and hutch)

I don't think that is your best plan. Loadholt is every bit the pass protector that McKinnie is, probably better over the last month and due to being a rookie he very commonly gets help from Kleinsasser(who is probably a better pass blocker than either of the tackles. I think you will have more success going after McKinnie who is often left on an island out there. That's if you blitz at all, the teams that have done best against us were those who didn't blitz often at all and just relied on their front four to get the pressure.

Should be a hell of a matchup. My biggest worry is if you guys spread us out and test our CBs, I have serious doubts whether we can hold up against that. Hopefully Allen and Edwards will force your mob to keep in at least 1 TE and hopefully a back as well.

All that said, I still think this is one of the ultimate turnover battle games. Both teams have done really well controlling them in the regular season, the games the Vikes have lost have basically been the games that Favre has thrown picks in, the games that the Saints have lost have been the games where Brees has fumbled and Sharper and co have not got any turnovers. Both teams are very traditional and predictable from a turnover side of things, win the battle, win the game.

TitleTown088
01-22-2010, 12:33 AM
Viking fans better hope the game goes better for them than the song prince wrote for the game.

http://www.myfoxtwincities.com/dpp/sports/prince-reveals-song-for-vikings-saints-game

CJSchneider
01-22-2010, 06:17 AM
YLCy46NWO4s

Now that's a rally song.

Darksider
01-22-2010, 04:48 PM
With most of the Minnesota hand-wringing focusing on the availability of Vikings receiver Percy Harvin, a whopping 75 percent of the team's starting defensive line is questionable for Sunday's game.

Defensive tackle Pat Williams now has a foot injury, which caused him to miss practice on Friday.

Defensive tackle Kevin Williams and defensive end Ray Edwards practiced on a limited basis on Friday, after missing practice completely on Wednesday and Thursday.

All three officially are 50-50 to play on Sunday.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/01/22/75-percent-of-vikings-starting-defensive-line-is-questionable/

Saints-Tigers
01-22-2010, 06:30 PM
I just assume these are all lies until gameday. Tricks I say.

nofalcons10
01-22-2010, 09:26 PM
http://www.fftoolbox.com/football/nfl_news.cfm?news_id=1173

shockey questionable.

like i said, shockey and bush you can always count on to be banged up or dinged in some way or another. it sure would be nice to have someone else that could provide what he brings to the passing and running game.

Darksider
01-23-2010, 12:22 PM
http://media.nola.com/saints_impact/images/c012410BreesFavre.jpg

TitleTown088
01-23-2010, 10:11 PM
Good luck tomorrow Fellas. As I've mentioned before I'll definitely be rooting for the Saints.

Flyboy
01-24-2010, 12:07 PM
Geaux Saints!!

CJSchneider
01-24-2010, 09:26 PM
wyLjbMBpGDA

MaxV
01-24-2010, 09:37 PM
Congratulations guys.

This Super Bowl should be an awesome game.

wicket
01-24-2010, 09:39 PM
dammit this were at least 3 years of my life

The Dynasty
01-24-2010, 09:49 PM
Congratulations Saints Fans. Good luck in the Superbowl.

Auron
01-24-2010, 09:57 PM
Thanks and good game. Never in my life did I think I would be able to see the Saints in the Super Bowl just 5 years ago after the 3-13 season.

JFLO
01-24-2010, 09:59 PM
Good game guys, I hope Brett Favre buys everyone of you tickets too, haha!

yo123
01-24-2010, 10:00 PM
**** ************ ass **** ****** ***** ****.

That said, good game and I'll be rooting for you in the Super Bowl.

Flyboy
01-24-2010, 10:10 PM
Thanks for the well wishes, Viking fans. We appreciate it as fans.

CJSchneider
01-24-2010, 10:17 PM
I'm not going to be able to sleep tonight.

Good game Vikings, that one was a true nail-biter.

CJSchneider
01-24-2010, 10:46 PM
xdypWeO5MRA

skinzzfan25
01-24-2010, 10:50 PM
^Haha

Epic game to watch, rep the NFC saints!

the_legend_killer
01-25-2010, 12:00 PM
From a Vikings fan to a lots of Saints fans, good game. Represent the NFC well and congrats!

marshallb
01-25-2010, 12:42 PM
Congratulations to the Saints, I wish you luck in the SB.

Flyboy
01-29-2010, 02:52 AM
... I still can't believe I just typed that. We have weeks to go over analysis and matchups, but with THIS initial post I just want to say...

GEAUX SAINTS! WHO DAT!

wicket
01-29-2010, 04:35 AM
GEAUX SAINTS! WHO DAT!

pretty lame, I have to type something in white whilst I just wanted to quote

CJSchneider
01-29-2010, 07:30 PM
WHO DAT!

whatcha gonna do 'bout it NFL?

zachsaints52
01-30-2010, 03:18 PM
Im so happy. Im stilla newbie when it comes to fan allegiance (2002) but man its exciting :)

YAYareaRB
02-01-2010, 02:17 PM
Let's go Saints!

killxswitch
02-01-2010, 02:25 PM
Good luck to you guys. With Freeney out I still feel good about the Colts chances but not as good. Should be quite a game. There's nothing like watching your team play in the Super Bowl for the first time.

YAYareaRB
02-01-2010, 02:37 PM
I was wondering if I could rep the saints this week.

wicket
02-01-2010, 02:38 PM
Good luck to you guys. With Freeney out I still feel good about the Colts chances but not as good. Should be quite a game. There's nothing like watching your team play in the Super Bowl for the first time.

this for real, didnt know it was a sure thing yet. that would greatly improve the saints chances. the matchup between him and bushrod was one of the things that worried me the most

killxswitch
02-01-2010, 02:41 PM
It isn't for sure, but at the very best he'll be limited. They'll likely move Mathis to the right side, but without Freeney to command extra blockers Mathis never does as well.

Flyboy
02-02-2010, 12:56 AM

Hell yeah, you can. We'll take any and all temporary Who Dat's we can to pull it out on Sunday!

zachsaints52
02-02-2010, 01:08 AM
Hell yeah, you can. We'll take any and all temporary Who Dat's we can to pull it out on Sunday!

+1
tenchar

CJSchneider
02-02-2010, 06:28 AM

Welcome to WHODATville.

CJSchneider
02-02-2010, 06:32 AM
My last post got me thinking.

This is an image of Whoville (you know, like from Dr. Suess' "The Grinch who stole Christmas"

http://agent44.com/blog2/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/whovillecolor.jpg

This is WHODATville. Actually it's New Orleans, but you get the point

http://www.aerialarchives.com/stock/img/AHLB2315.jpg

zachsaints52
02-02-2010, 10:00 AM
Anyone actually live in New Orleans? I wanna take a road trip down there so bad. Do they do tours of the Superdome?

Saints-Tigers
02-04-2010, 11:17 AM
I live in New Orleans. I dunno if they do tours of the dome, I've never heard anyone ask taht before.

Anyway, Skip Bayless said we force Reggie Bush the ball too much, and it hurts our offense because he has poor hands.

diabsoule
02-04-2010, 03:34 PM
I really can't wait until Sunday. I wish it would hurry up and get here.

CJSchneider
02-06-2010, 09:00 AM
This ***** can't carry a tune in a bucket, but I like the lyrics for the most part

tnkLfYk_ff8

Flyboy
02-06-2010, 09:26 AM
LMAO. Oh man. I completely LOVED that one. Haha, so awesome.

Steelersfan4life
02-07-2010, 12:59 PM
I'll be pulling for you guys, best of luck!

diabsoule
02-07-2010, 01:01 PM
Thank you!

This all feels so surreal. As a fan for 20+ years and having put up with the mediocrity, horrible coaching hires, terrible drafts, and erratic play on the field I finally get to watch my favorite team in the Super Bowl. Oh man, this feels so good.

zachsaints52
02-07-2010, 01:10 PM
Im so excited!!!!!!!!!

zachsaints52
02-07-2010, 01:16 PM
This ***** can't carry a tune in a bucket, but I like the lyrics for the most part

tnkLfYk_ff8

I got goosebumps and I just almost cried

NOLAFan
02-07-2010, 02:10 PM
Its Today!!! Woooo!!!

Geaux Saints!!!

CJSchneider
02-07-2010, 07:16 PM
Have I mentioned I am a wreck already - I'm a wreck, down by 4, ****. That's OK, we still have time.

CJSchneider
02-07-2010, 08:51 PM
4CYDFoEz8rg

I ******* love you guys!!!

MidwayMonster31
02-07-2010, 08:52 PM
Congrats guys. You made a lot of ballsy decisions and got the big plays when you needed to. Enjoy it.

TitleTown088
02-07-2010, 08:53 PM
Congrats guys. Enjoy it.

zachsaints52
02-07-2010, 08:56 PM
:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

NOLAFan
02-07-2010, 09:29 PM
I'm sick with excitement.

My dad who is going on 50 cried...very touching.

WHO FREAKIN DAT!!!

Sniper
02-07-2010, 09:33 PM
Congratulations, gentlemen. I'm really happy for you guys.

Flyboy
02-07-2010, 09:53 PM
Thanks for all the kind words, fellas. I'm still in absolute shock... like it all feels like a dream. I went over to my fiance' and pinched her to make sure she was real. This is officially go down as the best season I have ever witnessed and nothing will ever top it. I'm completely speechless still.

Sniper
02-07-2010, 09:55 PM
Thanks for all the kind words, fellas. I'm still in absolute shock... like it all feels like a dream. I went over to my fiance' and pinched her to make sure she was real. This is officially go down as the best season I have ever witnessed and nothing will ever top it. I'm completely speechless still.

Did she offer you fellatio on the spot?

Flyboy
02-07-2010, 10:01 PM
I got that yesterday. Since I've been with her, the Saints went on to have the best season ever. So, technically she's a keeper.

chad72
02-07-2010, 10:07 PM
Man, I was in my neighbor's SB party and from a distance, I shouted when the Saints were going to kick off after halftime (knowing Sean Payton's risk taking abilities) "watch out for the on side kick". Funny how the Colts could not see that.

The momentum changed with that. If the Colts recover that and Peyton scores a TD on a short field, the hole may have been deeper for the Saints but it was not meant to be. The Colts got outcoached and Brees' had all day after that 1st quarter to throw, that was the difference.

Congratulations, enjoy it!!! I do feel Brees will have more chances to be back in the NFC than Manning in the AFC, to be objective:( . He does not have to deal with Ds like the Steelers and Ravens that travel well on the road and are knocking on the door with a chance to cause an upset every year in the AFC playoffs.

BuffaloBillsFan
02-07-2010, 10:17 PM
I never expected the Saints to win this one, never, I'd be lying if I said otherwise.

D-Unit
02-07-2010, 10:33 PM
Congratulations to you guys! Your city deserves it. I hope this really helps to continue to revive the lives and the spirit of your city.

wicket
02-08-2010, 05:07 AM
thanks to y'all for the congrats

wicket
02-08-2010, 05:42 AM
another thing I want to talk about. Can they now finally mention brees one 1 line with manning. Over the last 4 years he has had better stats, as many superbowls, a better play off record and yes, less wins but thats got to be blamed to the saints defense that until this season was terrible on a good day.

Ow yeah and GW, please stick around for a couple more years. Imagine what that dude can do when the saints add another DT, DEnd and an OLB that are decent players.

chad72
02-08-2010, 07:05 AM
Over the last 4 years he has had better stats, as many superbowls, a better play off record and yes, less wins but thats got to be blamed to the saints defense that until this season was terrible on a good day.

Just check Manning's D for the primary part of his career and get back to me before using the Saints D for Brees' lack of wins. Manning had several regular season wins despite his D, very much like Brees but has done it a tad better over many more years. I am just saying it goes both ways.

The difference is, Greg Williams does not just tinker with the Cover 2, he does way more than that, 3-down linemen, 4-2-5 formations etc. The Colts, to my chagrin as a Colts fan, will probably never learn that serious tweaks to that Cover 2 / Cover 3 formation needs to be made, either from a system point of view or personnel point of view. When Freeney or Mathis or Brackett gets injured the last 3 seasons heading into the playoffs, one has to question if the undersized personnel drafted for Dungy's system originally can ever sustain a 16 game season without key injuries. Plus, NO has gotten bigger on the O-line and D-line thus giving itself a chance to succeed playing outside in the harsh elements if needed, and the Colts, I still have my doubts. I never look forward to playing the Steelers, Ravens, or Patriots on the road in the playoffs for that very reason. The Saints should hope that teams like the Giants, Packers and Bears do not become powerhouses right away because it will not be fun playing on the road in January against them when those teams are good.

Congratulations and enjoy it!!! On a side note, Manning was 1-0 prior to making his 2nd SB too, just like Brees!!! Now, Brees is hunted and you will have the bullseye on your QB's back, just like Manning has had all these years and you will soon find out that you will need thick skin to defend your QB for his failures since unfortunately in this team game, the QB gets all the blame and credit too.:(

So, enjoy it as long as it lasts, the better team won on Sunday, the Saints!!!

Sveen
02-08-2010, 07:26 AM
Amazing game, amazing season. Unbelievable :D

Canadian_kid16
02-08-2010, 07:55 AM
Congrats guys, great game and great season. I can't believe the Bucs beat the Super Bowl champs during the regular season :D

Seriously though, this is an amazing win for you guys, well deserved

wicket
02-08-2010, 10:26 AM
Just check Manning's D for the primary part of his career and get back to me before using the Saints D for Brees' lack of wins.

----------Total Defense
----------Saints Colts
2009------25th---18th
2008------23rd---11th
2007------26th---3rd
2006------11th---21st

yeah brees had worse defense during this period. Both times the D wasnt awful (2006 & this year due to turnovers) he has made at least the NFCCG.

Oddly enough though Peytons superbowls have been with the worst defenses during this periods.

Besides that you do realise I actually was making a point that also favours Manning. QB's are just on the field half of the time so you cant blame them entirely for losses.

chad72
02-08-2010, 11:48 AM
----------Total Defense
----------Saints Colts
2009------25th---18th
2008------23rd---11th
2007------26th---3rd
2006------11th---21st

yeah brees had worse defense during this period. Both times the D wasnt awful (2006 & this year due to turnovers) he has made at least the NFCCG.

Oddly enough though Peytons superbowls have been with the worst defenses during this periods.

Besides that you do realise I actually was making a point that also favours Manning. QB's are just on the field half of the time so you cant blame them entirely for losses.

Playoff wins are about matchups and a bit of luck too. In the Colts' path to the SB two times, only once did they beat one of the 3 other AFC powerhouses - Patriots, Steelers, and Chargers, in that 2006 run (Pats in the 2006 AFCCG). The matchups have been a little favorable. Only time will tell how the Saints do with preserving their core talent in this era of free agency and how they do as favorites moving forward in their conference. They won their division in 2006, and could not handle a division leader schedule the next year in 2007. Hopefully, in 2010, they do better. Winning gets mighty difficult when you have to play a division winner schedule year after year. The Colts and the Patriots have dealt with it the best in the NFL so far this decade. Only time will tell how the Saints fare, this year may be OK for you all since you play the NFC Worst (NFC West) where Kurt Warner is gone from that division. That should be good for at least a division title and a home playoff game.:)

killxswitch
02-08-2010, 02:47 PM
Congrats to the Saints and their fans. They were the better team. That onside kick was genius and our team never recovered.

Auron
02-08-2010, 05:24 PM
Haven't been around for a while so I'm late to the party... just wanted to say wow what an incredible season. I never would have dreamed this would be possible just 5 seasons ago this team was in shambles and it looked like New Orleans might not even have a team anymore. What a transformation, Sean Payton, Mickey Loomis, and Drew Brees turned this team from being bottom feeders to World Champions... and with mainly undrafted, and outcast players who's former teams didn't want them anymore...

Marques Colston was a 7th round draft pick from Hofstra, Jahri Evans came from Bloomsburg Pierre Thomas and Lance Moore were Undrafted, the Jets didn't want Jonathan Vilma anymore, and the Giants wanted to unload Shockey after winning a Super Bowl with him mostly on the sidelines. Saints fans won't be wearing bags over their faces anymore.

diabsoule
02-08-2010, 05:40 PM
Thanks everyone for the kind words. As for myself, the excitement is still there and I am just letting the feeling sink in that the Saints, the New Orleans Saints, just won the Super Bowl. I never thought I would see that in my lifetime. Over 20+ years of being a fan and the one team I pull for most out of any sport just reached the pinnacle. Wow. Just..... wow.

TitleTown088
02-09-2010, 11:14 AM
Like I said before, I'm real glad for the Saints. but... Enjoy it while you got it, because the Lombardi trophy is coming home next season. :D

Flyboy
09-25-2010, 11:31 AM
Been away for awhile, peeps. Life has been, well, life.

Anyhow, we're 2-0 yet still haven't really hit on all cylinders yet. Tons of people are picking Atlanta to win the NFC South and dethrone us. First test is in the Dome... here's hoping we take it to 'em.

NOLAFan
09-25-2010, 11:35 AM
Unless we can awaken our sleeping giant i don't see us pulling this one off,

CJSchneider
09-25-2010, 11:39 AM
Unless we can awaken our sleeping giant i don't see us pulling this one off,

Brees had a QB rating of over 100 and we all feel he was somehow off. I get what you are saying though, and I think despite not having Reggie in the backfield, we get it together this week and drop a 40 burger on the Falcons this week.

NOLAFan
09-25-2010, 01:01 PM
Brees had a QB rating of over 100 and we all feel he was somehow off. I get what you are saying though, and I think despite not having Reggie in the backfield, we get it together this week and drop a 40 burger on the Falcons this week.

I think we've been spoiled by our offense and expect 40 points and 500 yards of offense every week but i hope you are right and we can finally start firing on all cylinders.

d34ng3l021
09-25-2010, 08:55 PM
falcons are gonna stomp on the saints. who is up for a sig bet?

Bosanac01
09-26-2010, 12:59 PM
falcons are gonna stomp on the saints. who is up for a sig bet?

**** it I'll sig bet you.

Auron
09-26-2010, 03:33 PM
Disappointing loss, I still don't know why Payton at least didn't try to go for the TD down that far in their territory, we had first down.. and I still don't have as much faith in Hartley in game winning situations.

Henderson and Meachem have been no shows this season thus far... dropped passes, not noticing them much at all on the field. O-line had a fairly disappointing day.. although they improved 4th quarter, and in Overtime. It was only a matter of time we dropped one after a SB win... just can't let this linger... move on to the next week. We'll see these guys later in the season although it will be a lot tougher in their House.

Flyboy
09-06-2011, 07:43 PM
Opening night against the champs is coming up in two days... I'm pumped. Will hope to put some thoughts about the game before game day.

Auron
09-06-2011, 09:00 PM
Yes it's about time this off-season seemed longer than usual even.

Really rough draw that we got what is in my mind our toughest game on the Schedule to start the season. We know that the Home team comes out pumped in these opening games, and it's going to be tough to get to Rodgers without our best Defensive Linemen, Will Smith. I think our DBs really need to be on their game because I foresee Greg Williams dialing up a bunch of pressures through out the game.

One match up that I think concerns me is Jermichael Finley against our Linebackers in Pass Coverage, I have a feeling Rodgers will be looking for him often. If we do win this game I think it will because we Ran the ball great, and Ingram had a coming out party. We have experience playing in these games. (once on the road at Indy, and last year as Defending champs) So maybe that will help us cope with the opening emotions some.

diabsoule
09-07-2011, 04:13 PM
Lance Moore has been ruled for tomorrow's game.

Auron
09-07-2011, 04:46 PM
Lance Moore has been ruled for tomorrow's game.
I don't like this one bit, that's Brees security blanket.. and probably between him and Colston the receiver he trusts the most. He had a huge play in GB in '08 where he burned them on a Corner blitz for a TD.

Oh well we'll need other guys to step up but I still don't like this.

Auron
09-09-2011, 11:59 PM
Well I finally got the stomach to finally sign back onto a Football board again. I know it's only 1 game and I was expecting a loss but that game made me sick to my stomach after. It really stings, and leaves a bad taste in the mouth especially after the way last season ended.

I try to stay away from basing thoughts too heavily on One game, but I already don't like how this season has started. The Defensive Line doesn't look any better at all, even with adding Rogers, Franklin you would think we would be able to keep our Linebackers clean at the 2nd level of Run Defense and that wasn't the case and they weren't even close to getting pressure on Rodgers when we did not blitz.

The Defense as a whole looked.. well bad. There's no way to sugar coat it. I know we won't be playing Rodgers, and this Receiving corps. every week but if we don't improve in our coverage schemes. It's going to be a long season.

Where else? Colston is already hurt... Meachem was hot & cold. Made some great plays, but also seemed to slip a lot randomly. Hopefully Lance can come back quickly. Sproles was a major bright spot, Impressed with how much of an impact he has made already in his first game coming off a shortened offseason.

Really this season can go 2 ways IMO.. we go through some rocky adjustments early on.. but catch a hot streak later on as the new additions on the D-line gel together; and the Secondary adjusts and gets back into the groove and timing of Greg Williams' scheme.

Or we go through a repeat of '08 where we sea saw back and forth relying entirely too much on Brees to carry us.. as we hope to outscore everyone in firefights.

I hope it will not be the latter, maybe I'm overreacting but right now I'm definitely down.

Flyboy
09-18-2011, 11:06 AM
Sorry for the lateness - we really need this one!

Porter is out - Moore is in.

Roy Williams, Barber & Harris is out for the Bears...

Hopefully we can stop our skid to Chicago.

CJSchneider
09-18-2011, 06:41 PM
Great game with a great outcome. Even if the Sproles TD were to be called back, it would still be a W. Brees is off to a great start.

Auron
09-19-2011, 07:39 PM
Thank goodness we finally beat the Bears, I'm sure that's a monkey that both Payton and Brees wanted to get off their backs as well.

Defense played much better, and it's definitely an improvement when Casillas is out there. However I don't know if we really know how good or bad this Defense is... I think yesterday's outcome was more of a result of how poor Chicago is Offensively right now. Their top 2 receiving targets were out for most of the game, and that Offensive line is just terrible. Houston will be the real test for our Defense.

gpngc
09-19-2011, 07:44 PM
I just looked at your schedule. 3 first games are EASILY the toughest games on the slate. Wow.

Weeks 4-9 should be 5-1 at WORST.

@ ATL is tough but not impossible at all.

Then Giants and Lions at home, a couple of cupcakes on the road, and Atlanta and Carolina at home.

12-4 is a conservative estimate. I know you'll lay a couple of eggs but I wanted to look at the sked because playing GB and CHI to start seemed particularly tough.

Auron
09-19-2011, 07:48 PM
I just looked at your schedule. 3 first games are EASILY the toughest games on the slate. Wow.

Weeks 4-9 should be 5-1 at WORST.

@ ATL is tough but not impossible at all.

Then Giants and Lions at home, a couple of cupcakes on the road, and Atlanta and Carolina at home.

12-4 is a conservative estimate. I know you'll lay a couple of eggs but I wanted to look at the sked because playing GB and CHI to start seemed particularly tough.
Eh I don't want to get too ahead of ourselves just yet. I thought last year we had a really easy schedule, but then we came out and laid eggs against Cleveland at Home, and an Arizona team that started Max Hall at QB...

I'll wait and see what this Defense is really all about before projecting anything further, they got torched early Opening Night, but bounced back in a way yesterday. I want to see if we can consistently get pressure on QBs, and if we'll be able to stop good running teams. Chicago really never tried to establish much of a run game.

Flyboy
09-25-2011, 11:01 AM
Big game... a potent offense will test our defense.. and let's see if our offense can continue to perform well. It's not a division / conference game, but it'll be nice to go 2-1.

CJSchneider
09-25-2011, 02:30 PM
2 Picks by Brees thus far have not been helpful.

CJSchneider
09-25-2011, 03:20 PM
2-1, feels good.

Auron
09-25-2011, 08:43 PM
What a roller coaster of a game, 5 lead changes. Defensively we gave up huge chunks of yards for most of the game, which concerns me. Thankfully we were able to hold Houston to 4 Field Goals when they got inside our 20 yard line, which was the difference in this game.Definitely missed Porter, and Vilma more than I thought we would. Although overall Dunbar did a very solid job of filling in.

Brees continues to come up big, when the game is on the line. He looked unstoppable in the 4th quarter and continued to show outstanding leadership by continuing to go to Jimmy Graham even after he had a miscue on a wrong route that resulted in an Interception earlier. Lance Moore also came alive in that 4th quarter.

These first three games to start the season have been brutal even though two of them were at Home. I think we came out ok. Now I just wonder what the extent of the Zach Strief injury is.. the Injury looked pretty bad but hopefully it just looked worse than what it is.

jjmt2500
09-25-2011, 11:32 PM
Congrats on the win. Good luck the rest of the way.

Auron
09-26-2011, 09:43 AM
Congrats on the win. Good luck the rest of the way.

Good luck to the Texans as well. You have a good team, I'm expecting them to be in the Playoffs for the first time in their history this season.

diabsoule
09-26-2011, 04:47 PM
Damn good game by Houston. They're going to win the AFC South.

I'm also glad to see the resolve that the Saints showed in being able to take all of Houston's blows and still come out with a W.

wicket
09-27-2011, 05:56 PM
felt really good to win this one, btw, dayum the texans are trying to injure everyone in sight

Flyboy
10-01-2011, 10:21 AM
Big challenge in stopping MJD tomorrow..one of the best RBs in the league and our run defense has been very suspect at times. Also, covering Mercedes Lewis will be a challenge.. elite TEs just destroy us and Roman Harper (who will probably cover him) needs to be ready.

We get some keep players back this week such as Tracy Porter, Tom Johnson but will miss Strief & Kreutz. I think if our offense will need to feature a steady run game to set up the game.. Jacksonville haven't really given up the big plays this year.

diabsoule
10-02-2011, 11:13 AM
Saints are 12-4 under Sean Payton in black jerseys-gold pants.

Saints Inactives for Today: C Kreutz, LB Herring, OT Strief, TE Thomas, WR Arrington, LB Wilson, DE Charleston

Auron
10-02-2011, 03:25 PM
Always good to get a Road Win. Not exactly a smooth ride, but our Defense really toughened up after playing a little loose in the 1st half. In the 2nd half they really made things tough on Gabbert, and got after him. Good to see Patrick Robinson making some progress. His Interception was the turning point of the game IMO.

Jacksonville made us be really patient Offensively, but I still thought we could have been more efficient Offensively. Due to miscues from the Offensive line on 3rd down we had to settle for FG's in Jacksonville territory. I also am a little bit nervous about the Offensive Line they gave up too many pressures, and hits on Drew Brees for my liking. Hopefully we can get this cleaned up.

Unbiased
10-02-2011, 07:54 PM
Congrats on the win guys. Love your defense.

Auron
10-02-2011, 08:07 PM
Congrats on the win guys. Love your defense.

Yeah good game, and thanks. Kind of surprised they showed so much trust in Gabbert in only his 2nd start. He looked really good early on, but kind of got shaky as the game went on. Really shocked the Jags didn't try to establish MJD more than they did.

Unbiased
10-02-2011, 08:09 PM
Yeah good game, and thanks. Kind of surprised they showed so much trust in Gabbert in only his 2nd start. He looked really good early on, but kind of got shaky as the game went on. Really shocked the Jags didn't try to establish MJD more than they did.

Yeah our playcalling is just a complete mess right now.

Flyboy
10-14-2011, 10:13 PM
The final leg of our three game road trip - Tampa Bay is looking hurt and just got destroyed by SF in the previous week. Winning this will win definitely help us out in the division, but we surely can't take Tampa lightly.

This is the healthiest I've seen our team in awhile.. we jump out to an early lead against them and hopefully can pull off the win.

Auron
10-15-2011, 12:22 AM
I'd love to see us jump out to a lead and just put them away. Like we've done the past 2 years in Tampa.

This year I don't think it will be that easy however. While they are missing Blount, Earnest Graham has played and played well against us before. I'd love for us to get it going in the Red Zone and start converting more drives into Touchdowns..

diabsoule
10-16-2011, 09:31 PM
We played like crap. Defense struggled to tackle... again. Sean Payton got injured. Brees played very poorly. Man, we just looked BAD.

CJSchneider
10-17-2011, 03:29 PM
Our games with TB will make or brake us this year; mark my words.

Auron
10-17-2011, 05:54 PM
Yeah not a good showing. I think losing Sean Payton impacted this Offense more than we may know... Again too much pressure on Brees to just be superman and win games with his arm... he can't do it every week. The run blocking for most of this season, and especially yesterday has been awful.

wicket
10-18-2011, 06:01 PM
Yeah not a good showing. I think losing Sean Payton impacted this Offense more than we may know... Again too much pressure on Brees to just be superman and win games with his arm... he can't do it every week. The run blocking for most of this season, and especially yesterday has been awful.

as bad as the run blocking has been the running itself has also been awful outside of sproles

Flyboy
10-30-2011, 11:35 AM
It should walk away with this one, but we can't be overconfident about it... stopping Steven Jackson will be our key on defense today.

Auron
10-30-2011, 11:42 AM
I'm not feeling it will be a walk in the park for one reason, and that is because Steven Jackson is still playing. He always gives us trouble, and our Run Defense hasn't exactly been stout this season. If he gets going game could be a lot closer, hopefully we can carry over some of the momentum from last week.

NOLAFan
10-30-2011, 03:14 PM
so much for walkin away with this one. Our offense of line is ****, not gonna lie. I like the Ingram pick but im gonna miss the mid-first round pick that we would have undoubtly had, especially after this atrocity

CJSchneider
10-30-2011, 11:22 PM
I'm still sick to my stomach thinking about today's game.

diabsoule
10-31-2011, 03:52 AM
Whelp, it's official. Our OL is crap, we don't have much of a running game, and our D can't stop the run... I'm gonna go vomit now.

Auron
10-31-2011, 12:35 PM
That was a disgusting performance, hands down the worst Offensive Line performance of the Entire Payton era. Brees was either sacked, hit, pressured on almost every passing play, but also needs to share some blame with 2 really poor throws on the Interceptions that put the game out of reach.

We know the Defense lacks elite talent, and the Offense didn't help them out much.. but they just got gashed by the Rams running game which has been a theme this year. We really need some fresh blood at Linebacker, I like Casillas... but I don't know if it's the Injury but Vilma looks like a shell of his former self. Also our DBs keep dropping Interceptions that hit their hands, Greer, and Robinson dropped 1 each yesterday.

I seriously question this teams desire as of right now I say they aren't even a Playoff team, both Tampa and Atlanta are more complete in the sense they can both run the ball, and have stronger Defensive units.

diabsoule
10-31-2011, 09:11 PM
Linebacker absolutely must be addressed. Martez Wilson has all of the athletic ability in the world and if he can piece together the mental aspect of the game then he can be something special but I think he's 1-2 years away from making a true impact. As far as WLB is concerned, well, we need one. I like Casillas but he's a liability against the run and Vilma looks to have lost a step.

Our DL is doing a solid job but they get absolutely zero help from the LBs. Our secondary is fine but they need to make more plays especially when it comes to turnovers. They must catch those errant passes.

Our offensive line still looks to be getting into form. I'm glad Strief is back but he looked rusty in his first start back from injury. Bushrod got molested by Robert Quinn during the game and I also expect better play from the interior - Nicks, BDLP, and Evans.

Also, where the **** is our running game? As much as I want to believe in Ingram it's starting to look more and more like a mistake that we traded away this year's first for a RB especially when we use a RBBC that has made a UDFA (P. Thomas) successful.

wicket
11-05-2011, 06:12 AM
Linebacker absolutely must be addressed. Martez Wilson has all of the athletic ability in the world and if he can piece together the mental aspect of the game then he can be something special but I think he's 1-2 years away from making a true impact. As far as WLB is concerned, well, we need one. I like Casillas but he's a liability against the run and Vilma looks to have lost a step.

Our DL is doing a solid job but they get absolutely zero help from the LBs. Our secondary is fine but they need to make more plays especially when it comes to turnovers. They must catch those errant passes.

Our offensive line still looks to be getting into form. I'm glad Strief is back but he looked rusty in his first start back from injury. Bushrod got molested by Robert Quinn during the game and I also expect better play from the interior - Nicks, BDLP, and Evans.

Also, where the **** is our running game? As much as I want to believe in Ingram it's starting to look more and more like a mistake that we traded away this year's first for a RB especially when we use a RBBC that has made a UDFA (P. Thomas) successful.

as much as i hate the ingram pick (as I dont think hell help us win games at all. we might win games we were going to win anyway more comfortable but ingram only goes as far as the OLine allows him to go and if the OLine has a game so good it allows ingram to look really good our offense would put on 40 regardless) i think a lot is to blame on OLine, the blocking has been even more crappy than usually.

On the flipside our defense is consistently awful. were starting to reach the point where our linebackers are more in the way of other defenders than they actually add to the defense

Flyboy
11-12-2011, 11:19 AM
Kinda mirrored my thoughts in this huge matchup in the Saints Discussion thread - we have to be able to carry momentum in our run defense against Tampa Bay and come out trying to establish the run.

CJSchneider
11-15-2011, 09:24 AM
I loved the outcome of this weeks' game but a few things that concern me:

41 total yards rushing with 2.6 ypc.

Defense allowed Harry Douglas way to much (our secondary didn't look great being my point).

Only one sack against an Atlanta O-line that we should have taken advantage of.

Flyboy
11-15-2011, 06:17 PM
I loved the outcome of this weeks' game but a few things that concern me:

41 total yards rushing with 2.6 ypc.

Defense allowed Harry Douglas way to much (our secondary didn't look great being my point).

Only one sack against an Atlanta O-line that we should have taken advantage of.

1. The game plan in this game wasn't to run the ball - that was evident early on. It's hard to really measure our running game when that isn't the focus; it could partially blame to Sean Payton but Atlanta's run defense is pretty good and there wasn't a lot of running room except for a few good Pierre Thomas runs.

2. Our secondary played fantastic. Greer & Porter had stellar, stellar games. The issue with Harry Douglas falls squarely on Leigh Torrance. Almost all the catches Douglas made was against Torrance. And that has to do with Patrick Robinson not playing... when Robinson is healthy, it's usually Robinson / Greer with Porter playing the nickel. Patrick Robinson is starting to play a vital role in our defense.

3. We didn't get but 1 sack, but there was good pressure all game long that made Ryan get rid of the ball earlier and not accurate as he initially wanted.