PDA

View Full Version : What are your most surprising and dissapointing performances of the week?

SuperKevin
09-02-2007, 10:41 PM
For me the most pleasantly surprising performance of the week had to come from Sam Bradford QB of Oklahoma. There had been a ton of talk all offseason about how Oklahoma was going to have to run the ball 50 times a game because none of their QBs had any experience. Bradford then silenced the critics with a 21-23 363 yard and 3 TD performance. Sooner fans will be glad that this team finally has some balance on offense

Now my most disappointing performance has to go to Jarrett Dillard WR of Rice. Last years All-American WR opened the year with only 5 catches for 41 yards and not TDs in a loss to D1-AA Nichols State. Dillard needs to step it up if he wants to build upon the NFL attention he recieved last year.

V. Young
09-04-2007, 01:02 AM
Yeah but hes also played against North texas. But thats massive numbers. Dont know if he can do the same agianst OK st. or Texas.

Sniper
09-04-2007, 08:35 AM
Surprising: Wisconsin. Donovan is good, real good. Much better than I thought.

Disappointing: Obviously Michigan, especially for me.

OhioState
09-04-2007, 12:01 PM
my most disapointing was beanie wells, he only had 2.9 ypc against Youngstown

slightlyaraiderfan
09-04-2007, 12:24 PM
The SC offense only putting up 38 is very disappointing.

scottyboy
09-04-2007, 12:36 PM
Surprising is Tiquan Underwood's 10 catches and NCAA leading 248 yards...

bearsfan_51
09-04-2007, 01:18 PM
My dissapointing was Minnesota losing to Bowling Green. Not that I expect Minnesota to do great things this year, but come on, Bowling Green isn't even a good MAC team. They showed their dominance in the second half but couldn't hold on.

Thankfully Michigan lost to App State to make me feel not so bad.

RyanLeaf#1
09-04-2007, 01:58 PM
Disappointing: Tyrell Sutton only running for 108 yards and 1 touchdown vs Northeastern.

Surprising: Louis Rankin of Washington running for 147 yards and 3 touchdowns vs Syracuse. With Rankin and Locker Washington could be a surprise team. They are supposed to finish dead last in the Pac 10. I think they pull the upset and beat Boise State this weekend.

iowatreat54
09-04-2007, 05:38 PM
disappointing: obviously Michigan's loss hurts the Big 10 argument, but honestly I expected VT to do a lot better than they did...even their D was as "shut down" as I thought they would be, but they still were good

Surprising: Albert Young and Damien Sims running for 154 and 110 yards, respectively, behind a young OL with 4 new starters, granted it was against NIU but still :D

also, idk about the rest of the game, but the beginning of the ND-GTech game, NDs defense shut them down inside the redzone, holding them to only field goals...they looked good inside the redzone for that part of the game, but obviously got blown out the rest of the time

JeffSamardzijaIRISH
09-04-2007, 08:36 PM
Surprise: drew weathersuck, wow can't believe he didn't throw a pick, nor can I believe the 3.8 ypc average he had...

Dissapointmant: FSU's offense, even with Jimbo, they played like Jeff was calling the plays, maybe Jimbo's not this great coordinator after all, and was just about as good as Jeff.

UCFNoleFan
09-05-2007, 11:11 AM
Surprise: drew weathersuck, wow can't believe he didn't throw a pick, nor can I believe the 3.8 ypc average he had...

Dissapointmant: FSU's offense, even with Jimbo, they played like Jeff was calling the plays, maybe Jimbo's not this great coordinator after all, and was just about as good as Jeff.

Hit the nail on the head, where was the commitment to running the ball, where was the smash mouth offense we were told to expect, what I saw was a terrible spread offense with guys who don't belong in the spread.

Philliez01
09-05-2007, 11:54 AM
Just to say others that weren't mentioned.

Surprise: Pinkney, the QB from ECU, looks like a player. I know Kass will be taking snaps fairly soon but if Clay doesn't throw that pick; there could have been another potential upset we'd be talking about. Pinkney's elusiveness was definitely on display as he wiggled out of the pocket collapsing but he's still a bit green.

Disappointment: Tyrell Sutton against Northeastern I guess.

RyanLeaf#1
09-05-2007, 12:45 PM
Just to say others that weren't mentioned.

Surprise: Pinkney, the QB from ECU, looks like a player. I know Kass will be taking snaps fairly soon but if Clay doesn't throw that pick; there could have been another potential upset we'd be talking about. Pinkney's elusiveness was definitely on display as he wiggled out of the pocket collapsing but he's still a bit green.

Disappointment: Tyrell Sutton against Northeastern I guess.

Me and you know that was a big disappointment... I expect big things out of Sutton

Philliez01
09-05-2007, 05:21 PM
Me and you know that was a big disappointment... I expect big things out of Sutton

Yup most definitely. Sutton may have had just a bad game or they overlooked 'Eastern but still, you expect at least Ray Rice numbers against Buffalo.

BigJohn98
09-05-2007, 05:33 PM

I think you need to lay off of Drew.

I was dissapointed in the performance of Florida State's offensive line.