PDA

View Full Version : CB Evan Oglesby

thule
09-02-2007, 11:47 PM
As a Cowboys fan I'd like to know more about him.

I know he was drafted in 05 and has played in something like 16 games.

What are pro's and con's of his game. What is his ceiling?

Yung Flippa
09-03-2007, 01:19 AM
You guys picked him up?
Well to me, he's suited for a dimeback spot.

ccB
09-03-2007, 01:22 AM
He's below average, we are weak at CB and he couldnt make our team. That should tell you what you need to know.

Yung Flippa
09-03-2007, 01:37 AM
I wouldn't say that we're weak at corner. We have young backs like David Pittman, Derrick Martin and Ronnie Prude.

D-Unit
09-03-2007, 01:49 AM
He must be pretty crappy if CCB says so.

Ravens1991
09-03-2007, 09:51 AM
A good depth guy at best, probably a nickelback.

EdReedUnstoppable
09-03-2007, 10:12 AM
Very bad in one on one coverage, was burnt to a crisp by Joe Jurevicious last year against the Browns, he is just a pathetic CB.

ChefMike
09-03-2007, 10:26 AM
Oglesby proved one thing for the Ravens... That we are loyal to players we draft period... we gave him every chance to prove he is worthy of a spot on the Team and in this league. He Failed end of discussion.

As far as the Ravens being weak or strong at Corner ? I wouldn't say we are the strongest in the league but we are in the Top half of the league for sure. Just having C-Mac there makes us stronger then most teams, Rolle is still better then most and Pittman is a strong back up. Not sure if he will ever turn into a starter worthy of being a starter on the Ravens but he is a great back up.

ccB
09-03-2007, 11:38 AM
I wouldn't say that we're weak at corner. We have young backs like David Pittman, Derrick Martin and Ronnie Prude.

Pittman, Martin, and Prude. Martin and Pittman (pittman especially) have proven nothing, yet both made the team over Ogelsby. Ogelsby is not good and if he was he could have easily made the team over some of the guys we have. On a defense where we are pretty much stacked all over the place our secondary is weak from a depth standpoint and if Ogelsby was even serviceable he could have made the team. But that doesnt seem to be the case.

BigDawg819
09-03-2007, 01:27 PM
Oglesby will wow you in practice and disappoint you in game situations. Decent special teams player but just can't play corner in this league.

dcarey20
09-03-2007, 02:36 PM
Yeah he looked terrible during game action, has some potential but deserved to be cut.