PDA

View Full Version : NFC Championship Game: Saints vs Bears

Pages : [1] 2 3

sweetness34
01-14-2007, 04:37 PM
Let's get this topic started.

Well this was the matchup that most wanted to see, so hopefully it'll live up to the hype.

The way I saw it this weekend was the Saints and Bears are very close to each other. Both have offenses that can put up points, both have very questionable pass defenses, and both teams didn't show up against the run very well.

And both have game breaking PR's in Bush and Hester. Kicking game for both teams are good as well.

I'm going to take the Bears for obvious reasons but I can't wait for this game. The NFC playoffs have been very good so far so hopefully it lives up to the hype this Sunday. Good luck to both teams (my classy side).....And screw the Saints (my Bears side). :lol:

dcrls
01-14-2007, 04:43 PM
bears in like a really really close one

Dave
01-14-2007, 04:44 PM
After seeing Shaun Alexander get some stupid good runs off on that defense, I think the combo of Reggie Bush/Deuce McAllister might be too much for them to handle. I give the WR edge to NO, and I honestly think they might be a good match for that secondary. I think the game will come down to how consistent Grossman is. If he plays like he did against the Seahawks, and that line steps it up a little, I see the Bears winning. However, I don't see that happening, giving the V to NO.

The Fat Kid
01-14-2007, 04:44 PM
i think the saints offense is too good for the bears. i see the saints winning this one 28 17

sweetness34
01-14-2007, 04:45 PM
After seeing Shaun Alexander get some stupid good runs off on that defense, I think the combo of Reggie Bush/Deuce McAllister might be too much for them to handle. I give the WR edge to NO, and I honestly think they might be a good match for that secondary. I think the game will come down to how consistent Grossman is. If he plays like he did against the Seahawks, and that line steps it up a little, I see the Bears winning. However, I don't see that happening, giving the V to NO.

With how Westbrook ran over the Saints on Saturday, I think we can do some damage as well. Man it's a close matchup. :shock:

ny10804
01-14-2007, 04:49 PM
The Saints' offense is excellent, the Bears' defense is very good.

The Saints' defense is alright, the Bears' offense is decent.

I'll go with the Saints, although I wouldn't be so sure if the Bears still had Thomas Harris.

Jughead10
01-14-2007, 04:51 PM
I really like the Saints here. I was one of the few who thought Seattle would win this game today, and they were close. I also said before that I thought the winner of Philly/New Orleans would make the Super Bowl so I'm sticking to that.

New Orleans vs. Pats in the Super Bowl.

sweetness34
01-14-2007, 04:51 PM
The Saints' offense is excellent, the Bears' defense is very good.

The Saints' defense is alright, the Bears' offense is decent.

I'll go with the Saints, although I wouldn't be so sure if the Bears still had Thomas Harris.

Eh, you gotta play with the guys you have. I'd be much more comfortable with the likes of Harris and Brown on defense, but you gotta play with the hand your dealt.

We won games without both of them, so you just gotta play.

JCshutEmDown
01-14-2007, 04:57 PM
Early weather report for Sunday is high of 34, low of 26, no precip.

sweetness34
01-14-2007, 04:58 PM
Early weather report for Sunday is high of 34, low of 26, no precip.

Good football weather! :D

ninerfan
01-14-2007, 05:07 PM
Saints - something bout Brees you gotta love

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
01-14-2007, 06:33 PM
Bears. Saints don't really impress me at all. If the Saints make the SB, IMO they'll get spanked. They lost to two on playoff AFC teams, and the only AFC team they beat was Cleveland. I question hw tough they are, since they haven't really pounded the ball on a good run D, and can't stop the run well themselves.

yo123
01-14-2007, 06:35 PM
My pre-playoffs pick was Saints Chargers and im not one to flip flop. But I had the Hawks beating the Bears and I liked the Hawks matchup with the Saints much more than the Bears. If The Bears can slow down the running game and stop the big play I think they'll win. Unfortunately for Chicago, I dont see this happening.

Saints- 23
Bears- 14

sweetness34
01-14-2007, 06:40 PM
Wow, I thought the voting would be much closer than it is right now.

Shiver
01-14-2007, 06:41 PM
"the Saints don't get respect"

:roll:

yo123
01-14-2007, 06:42 PM
"the Saints don't get respect"

:roll:

That is the reason i wanted the hawks to lose today.

yodabear
01-14-2007, 07:35 PM
I got the Saints.

Saints67
01-14-2007, 07:38 PM
Saints....i know that might be a homer pick...

but if i wasn't a saints fan, i'd still probaly pick the Saints.

BallinJets51
01-14-2007, 07:52 PM
After watching the Saints vs Eagles game, even though they won that game, they are not the Super Bowl Champs, or the Division Champs, and will lose since they are heading up to Chicago. Watch out for KR/PR Hester to take one back for 6.

yodabear
01-14-2007, 07:53 PM
New Orleans Saints @ Chicago Bears
IDK about the Bears. Rex Grossman has been a question mark all year. You don't know what Grossman you are going to get. Then, earlier this year, the Bears defense was tremendous, but now in the last 5 games, it hasn't been great. Saints, on the other hand, have been consistent for the most part. You know which Saints team is showing up. Something I know about the Bears, they are 12-1 against the NFC and that 1 was the worthless week 17 game against the Packers. I picked the Siants at the beginning of the playoffs and I'm not pussing out now.
Prediction:Saints 28, Bears 24

01-14-2007, 07:55 PM
IDK about the Bears. Rex Grossman has been a question mark all year. You don't know what Grossman you are going to get. Then, earlier this year, the Bears defense was tremendous, but now in the last 5 games, it hasn't been great. Saints, on the other hand, have been consistent for the most part. You know which Saints team is showing up. Something I know about the Bears, they are 12-1 against the NFC and that 1 was the worthless week 17 game against the Packers. I picked the Siants at the beginning of the playoffs and I'm not pussing out now.

Except against the AFC, the Redskins, and the Panthers. K.

bearsfan_51
01-14-2007, 07:57 PM
I think it'll be close, and in close games I always go with the home team, especially in the playoffs.

Namy
01-14-2007, 07:58 PM
I wonder if the Saints are tough enough to play the Bears. I bet you that the Bears are going to be SICK and TIRED of hearing that their defense is becoming porous these past few games and will absolutely stop the Saints running game. However, with that said, I WANT the Saints to win and will be rooting for them to win. The main reason: I don't want to see Rex Grossman in the Superbowl. Sorry Bears fans.

yodabear
01-14-2007, 08:00 PM

Thats there 6 loses. And they've looked better than the Bears.

sweetness34
01-14-2007, 08:01 PM
I wonder if the Saints are tough enough to play the Bears. I bet you that the Bears are going to be SICK and TIRED of hearing that their defense is becoming porous these past few games and will absolutely stop the Saints running game. However, with that said, I WANT the Saints to win and will be rooting for them to win. The main reason: I don't want to see Rex Grossman in the Superbowl. Sorry Bears fans.

I do. :D

I think the team that runs the ball and stops the run the best will win this game IMO.

bearsfan_51
01-14-2007, 08:02 PM
Grossman looked puurty good today. But it could have been a mirage.

01-14-2007, 08:09 PM

Thats there 6 loses.

I'll only count the first game against the Panthers because they had 2nd place wrapped up and couldnt change it. They're too finesse IMO. I see the Bears knocking them around in this one.

yodabear
01-14-2007, 08:13 PM

Thats there 6 loses.

I'll only count the first game against the Panthers because they had 2nd place wrapped up and couldnt change it. They're too finesse IMO. I see the Bears knocking them around in this one.

I wouldn't mind either team in it. The Saints for obvious reasons. Da Bears have Lovie Smith and they brought pain to the Seahawks......so either team, I don't mind at all.

Hurricane Ditka
01-14-2007, 08:40 PM
Feed the beast, the Bears know people are doubting him. The feel-good story ends in Chi-Town.

Ewing
01-14-2007, 09:13 PM
Let me clear something up. If you are rooting against the Saints you don't have a soul. It's that simple.

Anyway, my heart says the Saints and my brain says the Bears. Screw it, I'm going New Orleans.

SFbear
01-14-2007, 09:21 PM
Let me clear something up. If you are rooting against the Saints you don't have a soul. It's that simple.

Anyway, my heart says the Saints and my brain says the Bears. Screw it, I'm going New Orleans. :roll:

Jughead10
01-14-2007, 09:23 PM
I think it'll be close, and in close games I always go with the home team, especially in the playoffs.

It's actually about even this year for the home and away teams. We saw the Pats and Colts this week as decent underdogs upset close games on the road.

sweetness34
01-14-2007, 09:26 PM

Anyway, my heart says the Saints and my brain says the Bears. Screw it, I'm going New Orleans. :roll:

Yea I'm about sick of it right now too. Yes, what the Saints have done this year has been remarkable, but enough is enough.

bearsfan_51
01-14-2007, 09:30 PM

Yea I'm about sick of it right now too. Yes, what the Saints have done this year has been remarkable, but enough is enough.
Not to mention they have very little to do with the actual Hurricane relief efforts and most of them are multi-millionaries. Including their owner who last year couldn't have given a **** less about New Orleans.

ks_perfection
01-14-2007, 09:31 PM
The thing about those AFC games is that both homefields were similar to the road teams home field. Colts play in a dome so did the Ravens. The Pats play on ground that is often in rough shape and so was San Deigo home field.

With the Saints/Bears is completely different, Saints are in a dome that favors there fast great offense and the Bears play on in rough conditions that favors strong defense.

Shiver
01-14-2007, 09:32 PM

Not to mention they have very little to do with the actual Hurricane relief efforts and most of them are multi-millionaries. Including their owner who last year couldn't have given a *********** less about New Orleans.

QFT

sweetness34
01-14-2007, 09:34 PM
The thing about those AFC games is that both homefields were similar to the road teams home field. Colts play in a dome so did the Ravens. The Pats play on ground that is often in rough shape and so was San Deigo home field.

With the Saints/Bears is completely different, Saints are in a dome that favors there fast great offense and the Bears play on in rough conditions that favors strong defense.

Huh?

The Ravens play outside dude, so do the Eagles. Don't really get where you're trying to go here. Baltimore's field is nothing like a dome field, because well, it's not a dome.

toonsterwu
01-15-2007, 03:42 AM
I'd like to pick the Bears, I really would. It hurts me to do this, but I started off the playoffs thinking Saints/Patriots, and I'll stick with those picks.

The Saints offense is too good. I don't think any team can "stop" it, but can only hope to limit it. The Bears don't match up too well against that offense. We've got to find a way to generate pressure against a fairly solid OL. If the Bears can get pressure, it'll be a different game. If not, then Brees will shred us to bits and pieces. Then, you mix in their ability to run the ball. Deuce doesn't get enough credit, and he's the key to whether or not they win. The cover 2 can always be run against if you scheme right, and Sean Payton's done a great job at scheming. For the BEars to "win" this side of the ball, I would rather see us drop into 3 deep looks and force the Saints to slowly work their way down the field and committing a RB up.

The Bears have a good matchup against that defense ... if the good Rex shows up. THeir LB core can be attacked, so I'd look for a lot of work in the middle, with crossing patterns and mixing in more of Desmond Clark, Thomas Jones, Jason McKie, and Cedric Benson in the passing game. They can be run against as well. Our OL has always been susceptible to a good pass rush, as the tackles aren't the most nimble, so for the Bears to "win" this side of the ball, they have to committ to the run early again and score early as well to change the dynamic of the game. If we can get good protection, their corners can be beat, though. All this, though, is dependent on the good Rex showing up. I hate how we use our RB's now, as they dont get enough consistent touches to establish anything. If we are going to use Benson, then send him in there enough times in the first half to get a feel in the 2nd half. I still think the coaching staff is right to start Jones, but to take him basically out of the gameplan in the 2nd half is pure lunacy, as it doesn't give him the chance to establish anything. The ideal gameplan is having one back run it, say, 20-25 times, and the other run it, say, 10-15 times, but spread consistently throughout.

If it comes to special teams, I like Gould better than I like Carney, due to the home fied advantage.

At the end of the day, I so want to pick the Bears, but I can't do that and honestly feel like I'm making the right decision. As noted repeatedly in the papers, there were some odd coaching decisions throughout for Lovie Smith's staff. Any mistakes, and Payton will exploit that. I'll go Saints 30, Chicago 24, and setting up, my prediction, a Patriots/Saints Super Bowl that could be a great chess match.

Here's hoping I'm dead wrong and Chicago wins.

diabsoule
01-15-2007, 03:58 AM
Saints over Bears in a too close for comfort game. I can't in good conscious pick over the Saints in this game but I'm giving credit where credit is due and think the game will be decided by 3.

This is the match-up I've wanted all season and now it's here. The Seahawks did a good job of setting up and using the run against Chicago and I think Sean Payton is going to try and duplicate that success. The key to a Bears win is which Rex Grossman shows up. I know everyone has said it but it is true.

My prediction: Saints 31 - Bears 28

I just have a gut feeling that this game is going to be very, very close. I hope the Saints win but here's hoping to a good clean game of football.

toonsterwu
01-15-2007, 04:29 AM
I'm actually not sold that we need good Rex to win. We can't have bad Rex, that's for sure. But I think the key for us to win is in the trenches, and in particular, the edges of the trenches. FOr the Bears to win, they must hurry Brees, and Tait/Miller will have to, along with the TE's and RB's, slow down Will Smith/Charles Grant.

I do think that a real good running effort (120+ yards), plus a decent, but mistake free, Rex could lead us to victory. SHould be interesting.

RockJock07
01-15-2007, 11:48 AM
If the Bears had Tommie Harris I'd consider picking them, but his absence leaves no protection for Urlacher, who was swallowed up on a number of plays yesterday, Tank Johnson and Ian Scott aren't getting enough push and are getting steamed rolled. Reggie and Deuce will run wild on this group.

Secondly, the Seahawks picked on Charles Tillman all day, I expect the saints to do the same. Colston will probably be matched up on Vasher, who has been very good this year, but if Horn is in the Line-up, forget it, Brees throws for 350.

Special teams go's to the Bears. Hester, Gould and Maynard are as solid as they come.

Saints 34
Bears 21

jkpigskin
01-15-2007, 12:26 PM
this is the year, that defense wins championship becomes history

bearsfan_51
01-15-2007, 12:30 PM
I really am suprised by the high # given to the Saints. It's interesting that the national media is critical of "only" beating the Seahawks 27-24 but the exact same total versus the Eagles is a-ok in their eyes. If you want a good example, check out Gene Wojo's article on ESPN.com.

Obviously I'm biased, but I think there's been an unfair double standard for the Bears all year long. People are always trying to figure out what is wrong with us and why we're going to fail. Now that we're actually a game away from the Superbowl I figured that would stop. I guess not.

As for the game, I agree it should be close, I really don't know what the result will be. I think it may just come down to the weather.

packer_pat_4
01-15-2007, 12:45 PM
I agree with you bearsfan.... it does seem no matter what Chicago does someone out there is digging for an excuse as to why they squeaked out a win or why they will soon fail.

That being said I still think the Saints will win this. I like their offense against a banged up Bears D. But I think this game may come down to special teams, making Devin Hester a huge Wild Card. I'm going with the Saints but it should be a close, exciting game.

Star Wideout
01-15-2007, 02:01 PM

Wtf? people can root for whoever they want it's a football game.

Look I am one of the biggest Bears haters out there, and I am stunned at how many people are picking the Saints. The Bears are a 14-3 team, and people act like they are some 7-9 team that managed to stumble into the playoffs.

I would be shocked if the Bears lost this game; homefield, the Saints Defense was ranked 31st giving up big plays over 20 yards, and that is not pretty with such deep threats such as Bernard Berrian and Rashied Davis, lining up over Fred Thomas. Rex Grossman has another good day.

Bears 27 - Saints 17

Flyboy
01-15-2007, 02:36 PM

With how Westbrook ran over the Saints on Saturday, I think we can do some damage as well. Man it's a close matchup. :shock:

Westbrook had an awesome 62 yard touchdown.

And, that's about it.

diabsoule
01-15-2007, 02:44 PM
I'm actually not sold that we need good Rex to win. We can't have bad Rex, that's for sure. But I think the key for us to win is in the trenches, and in particular, the edges of the trenches. FOr the Bears to win, they must hurry Brees, and Tait/Miller will have to, along with the TE's and RB's, slow down Will Smith/Charles Grant.

I do think that a real good running effort (120+ yards), plus a decent, but mistake free, Rex could lead us to victory. SHould be interesting.

I completely agree that the key to victory lies in the trenches. That's going to be the most interesting matchup during the game.

When the Saints have the ball it's going to be:
Strong Side Jammal Brown vs. Alex Brown/Mark Anderson and Weak Side Jon Stinchcomb vs. Adewale Ogunleye.
When the Bears have the ball it's going to be:
Strong Side Jeff Tait vs. Will Smith and Weak Side Fred MIller vs. Charles Grant.

If the Bears offensive line can give Grossman time to make his reads and to allow for the receivers to get separation then I feel he can tear the Saints secondary apart. Our secondary is very suseptible to the big play. Mushin Mohammed vs. Fred Thomas is going to be very interesting. I would think that Moose or Berrian, whoever lines up against Thomas is going to have a big game because he's our worst corner, and is someone who I consider to be one of the worst starting CB's in the league.

On the opposite side of the coin, when the Saints have the ball and if they allow Brees time to throw then I believe Brees can definately hit the big play, especially deep. I think a key component to a Saints win is if Joe Horn plays. I don't know what his status is for the game, if he's going to tough it out or not, but I'd much rather have a Horn/Colston WR set than a Colston/Henderson set. But if it's how it was last game with Colston/Henderson then a key matchup is going to be Colston vs. Tillman. Both are big, Colston 6'4" and Tillman 6'1", and both are very good.

These teams are very evenly matched and it's a hard game to call. I have to go with my Saints but I have a feeling that I'm going to be screaming at the television for 60 minutes.

bearfan
01-15-2007, 03:16 PM
As a Bears fan, I wanna say Bears. I am a pessimist sometimes though, and think that the Saints have to much fire power for the recent Bears defense to handle. Duece and Bush> SA. Brees>>>Hasselback. Colston Horn>>Djack Branch. Offensivly we will need to just down right own the Saints.

bearsfan_51
01-15-2007, 04:10 PM

Wtf? people can root for whoever they want it's a football game.

Look I am one of the biggest Bears haters out there, and I am stunned at how many people are picking the Saints. The Bears are a 14-3 team, and people act like they are some 7-9 team that managed to stumble into the playoffs.
Blame the media. They slober over the Quarterback position way too much.

Hurricane Ditka
01-15-2007, 04:23 PM
Go to hell man. What did the Saints do for the city of New Orleans? They got the hell outta there, and half of them wanted to move to San Antonio. Are Reggie Bush and Sean Payton so mentally and physically impressive that they can rebuild a hurricane ravaged city by themselves? What are the Saints doing for the tons of people who still don't have homes? Payton stole coach of the year from Mangini, but their luck runs out on Sunday.

sweetness34
01-15-2007, 04:32 PM
Go to hell man. What did the Saints do for the city of New Orleans? They got the hell outta there, and half of them wanted to move to San Antonio. Are Reggie Bush and Sean Payton so mentally and physically impressive that they can rebuild a hurricane ravaged city by themselves? What are the Saints doing for the tons of people who still don't have homes? Payton stole coach of the year from Mangini, but their luck runs out on Sunday.

Exactly, again I'm sick and tired of hearing about Katrina and "America's Team."

I heard Jim Grey say, "Everyone not a Bear fan should be pulling for the Saints on Sunday."

Why? Because their city had a catastrophe in which our own governement didn't help out when it happened? Please, you know Chicago is playing for a city as well, the city of Chicago. They're playing for fans as well. People are acting like this team and these players are the saviors of New Orleans.

I'm just fed up with the destiny crap. It's a heartwarming story, it really is, but enough is enough. And as a Bear fan who has to listen to it every goddamn day, it really frustrates me.

Shiver
01-15-2007, 04:34 PM

Exactly, again I'm sick and tired of hearing about Katrina and "America's Team."

I heard Jim Grey say, "Everyone not a Bear fan should be pulling for the Saints on Sunday."

Why? Because their city had a catastrophe in which our own governement didn't help out when it happened? Please, you know Chicago is playing for a city as well, the city of Chicago. They're playing for fans as well. People are acting like this team and these players are the saviors of New Orleans.

I'm just fed up with the destiny crap. It's a heartwarming story, it really is, but enough is enough. And as a Bear fan who has to listen to it every goddamn day, it really frustrates me.

I hope you will be able to beat the Saints. I don't want to hear this crap during the gap between the Championship games and the Super Bowl.

Jensen
01-15-2007, 04:37 PM
Bears D will come back and slow the Saints offense. Grossman has a pretty good game.

Bears 23
Saints 13

Shiver
01-15-2007, 04:41 PM
The Saints have a very young team, that could hurt them.

sweetness34
01-15-2007, 04:42 PM

I hope you will be able to beat the Saints. I don't want to hear this crap during the gap between the Championship games and the Super Bowl.

I really support and admire the Saints organization. They've been through tough times this past decade on the field and it's great to see two bottom dwellers of the 1990's in the NFC Championship Game. And I also support their fans a lot. Especially on this board. Guys like Geo, diabsoule, flyboy, and Saints#1 fan are the epitamy of class, and as much as our fans deserve to go to the SB, they deserve the exact same thing.

But please, keep this about football. Chicago is playing as much for their fans as New Orleans is. The Bears want to lead their fans back to the SB for the first time in 20 years. So dont' tell me New Orleans is the only team playing for something.

Hurricane Ditka
01-15-2007, 04:43 PM

I hope you will be able to beat the Saints. I don't want to hear this crap during the gap between the Championship games and the Super Bowl.If you though last year with Jerome Bettis and Detroit was bad? This year all you'll hear is Hurricane Katrina, Coach of the Year, Reggie Bush, Hurricane Katrina, Reggie Bush, HURRICANE KATRINA, REGGIE BUSH!

Shiver
01-15-2007, 04:44 PM
:lol:

sweetness34
01-15-2007, 04:44 PM

I hope you will be able to beat the Saints. I don't want to hear this crap during the gap between the Championship games and the Super Bowl.If you though last year with Jerome Bettis and Detroit was bad? This year all you'll hear is Hurricane Katrina, Coach of the Year, Reggie Bush, Hurricane Katrina, Reggie Bush, HURRICANE KATRINA, REGGIE BUSH!

You forgot about Drew Brees HD. :lol:

Shiver
01-15-2007, 04:47 PM
I hope Chicago is as icy, cold and hostile as possible. The thought of listening to that is horrible.

sweetness34
I hope Chicago is as icy, cold and hostile as possible. The thought of listening to that is horrible.

No ice, snow, or sleet is predicted for this Sunday, just very cold whether. I think they predicted mid 20's to low 30's.

bearsfan_51
I can see the future!!!

http://www.dabearsblog.com/images/110605/robbie_gould.jpg

Robbie Gould is the hero again. Bears-27 Saints-24

By the way, they should just rename it Hurricane Reggie to save energy.

Hurricane Ditka
01-15-2007, 04:49 PM
I can see the future!!!

http://www.dabearsblog.com/images/110605/robbie_gould.jpg

Robbie Gould is the hero again. Bears-27 Saints-24

By the way, they should just rename it Hurricane Reggie to save energy.I like the way I said it better, see sig quote.

01-15-2007, 05:45 PM
This poll is a joke. 40-16? Are people forgetting the Bears lost one totally meaningless game in the NFC? The Saints are totally beatable. If the Bears can get up early (which they can) the Saints will totally abandon the run, which they do against a lot of good teams. And when you become one dimensional, you're not going to win a lot of games.

sweetness34
01-15-2007, 05:49 PM
This poll is a joke. 40-16? Are people forgetting the Bears lost one totally meaningless game in the NFC? The Saints are totally beatable. If the Bears can get up early (which they can) the Saints will totally abandon the run, which they do against a lot of good teams. And when you become one dimensional, you're not going to win a lot of games.

Eh whatever, I too thought this poll would be a lot closer than it is right now. Oh well, we'll see on Sunday.

dRaFtDoRk
01-15-2007, 06:07 PM
As much as I want the Saints to win and go to the Superbowl after Hurricane Katrina, I have the Bears. There at home and the Saints will fall by a couple points.

Bears 24 Saints 21

Robbie Gould does it again.

Saints67
01-15-2007, 10:34 PM
oh it's going to be sweet when we beat the bears. 8)

it really irks me, to what i am seeing in this thread about my team.

Number 10
01-15-2007, 10:47 PM
I'm picking the Saints, their defense is playing good enough and the Bears D got pushed around all day against the an offensive line that is a notch below the Saints.

sweetness34
01-15-2007, 11:07 PM

Why? If you were in our shoes you'd be tired of it too. I'm sorry but this "team of destiny" crap has to stop, it really does.

It really irks me to hear the media talking about the Saints but not the Bears. It irks me to think that we don't even matter in this game. It irks me to hear the media acting like the Saints are the only ones playing for their fans and for their city.

I feel sorry for the city of New Orleans and the victims of Katrina, but but the players have not rebuilt any houses, they have not given anyone free tickets to the game, etc...

Take a look at the poll dude, if anyone should be mad it should be Bear fans, but we could really care less. We know we can win this game and we think we will win this game.

Shiver
01-15-2007, 11:09 PM

Why? If you were in our shoes you'd be tired of it too. I'm sorry but this "team of destiny" crap has to stop, it really does.

It really irks me to hear the media talking about the Saints but not the Bears. It irks me to think that we don't even matter in this game. It irks me to hear the media acting like the Saints are the only ones playing for their fans and for their city.

I feel sorry for the city of New Orleans and the victims of Katrina, but but the players have not rebuilt any houses, they have not given anyone free tickets to the game, etc...

Take a look at the poll dude, if anyone should be mad it should be Bear fans, but we could really care less. We know we can win this game and we think we will win this game.

Reggie Bush and Drew Brees are heralded, yet their contracts amount to 110$ Million. Which shows the gross inequality in the economy. Could you imagine what could be done with even half of that money to "rebuild" New Orleans? :roll:

01-15-2007, 11:11 PM
I'm taking the Bears. I think Rex will look like he did at the start of the season against this defense.

AZ9er
01-15-2007, 11:12 PM
id like for saints to win

but they wont

23-19

sweetness34
01-15-2007, 11:21 PM

Reggie Bush and Drew Brees are heralded, yet their contracts amount to 110$ Million. Which shows the gross inequality in the economy. Could you imagine what could be done with even half of that money to "rebuild" New Orleans? :roll:

But the Saints players will be looked at as saviors. I'm sure they're all nice guys but they are getting waaay too much praise IMO. Whatever though, I hope we prove everyone wrong on Sunday because no matter what the line is in Vegas, we're the underdogs in this game.

Saints67
01-15-2007, 11:27 PM

well deal with it with the saints and media coverage about it..it is what it is.

and no if i was another fan of a team, i would still pull for the saints..after what the team had to go through and the city...no-brainer.

and yes they have rebuilded houses, stadiums, and so on...you have to follow the local coverage though. they are also rebuilding the people, city's spirit...which for some local natives is more important. and they have given free tickets to victims...Scott Fujita (our LB) gave tickets away for the Giants game.

the people have their own opinion on who will win...whats wrong with the saints winning and not 'da bears'?? obviously they see who might be the better team. and obviously you guys care if you won' stop talking about the saints.

PS- your sick of the saints?? I live in Wisconsin...and i'm sick of how alot of radio guys here and fans think 'da bears' are the cream and crop of the NFC.

01-15-2007, 11:28 PM
You can't say if you were a Bears fan you would be pulling for the Saints. That's complete bull.

sweetness34
01-15-2007, 11:31 PM

well deal with it with the saints and media coverage about it..it is what it is.

and no if i was another fan of a team, i would still pull for the saints..after what the team had to go through and the city...no-brainer.

and yes they have rebuilded houses, stadiums, and so on...you have to follow the local coverage though. they are also rebuilding the people, city's spirit...which for some local natives is more important. and they have given free tickets to victims...Scott Fujita (our LB) gave tickets away for the Giants game.

the people have their own opinion on who will win...whats wrong with the saints winning and not 'da bears'?? obviously they see who might be the better team. and obviously you guys care if you won' stop talking about the saints.

PS- your sick of the saints?? I live in Wisconsin...and i'm sick of how alot of radio guys here and fans think 'da bears' are the cream and crop of the NFC.

We've been the cream of the crop of the NFC all season long dude, we went undefeated against the NFC this season (I don't count the Green Bay loss).

You are cocky IMO about this game. You think you're just going to roll over us without a problem? If you think that, you're sorely mistaken my friend. Shows me that you don't respect us as an opponent.

I'm not guaranteeing anything, but the Bears and the Saints are very closely matched up.

Saints67
01-15-2007, 11:39 PM

We've been the cream of the crop of the NFC all season long dude, we went undefeated against the NFC this season (I don't count the Green Bay loss).

You are cocky IMO about this game. You think you're just going to roll over us without a problem? If you think that, you're sorely mistaken my friend. Shows me that you don't respect us as an opponent.

I'm not guaranteeing anything, but the Bears and the Saints are very closely matched up.

you think you were the cream of the crop, look at your sec for the NFC along with playing each North teams 2 times. and you know alot of people think the bears had it easy.

and where does it say that im cocky and were going roll over?? no-where...oh you must be thinking when i said 'oh its going to be sweet when we beat them'...thats cause i was ticked off at what i was reading...you would be too.

sweetness34
01-15-2007, 11:56 PM

you think you were the cream of the crop, look at your sec for the NFC along with playing each North teams 2 times. and you know alot of people think the bears had it easy.

and where does it say that im cocky and were going roll over?? no-where. ..oh you must be thinking the peoples opinion?? thats their opinion.

though i'd love for my team or any team to put a spanking on you guys. 8)

It just sounds like you're cocky, which is fine.

We won the games we had to win, going 12-2 this season, and in our 2 losses, Rex Grossman was down right awful. That and we spanked two NFC playoff teams in the Giants and the Seahawks, both of whom were playing well at the time. But for the most part, we were the most consistent NFC team all year long, blowing out 8 opponents in 12 wins.

What happened after your big win against the Cowboys? You lost to the Redskins at home. So as much as you say we had an easy schedule, you guys had your share of troubles this season as well.

And like I said earlier, I saw almost the exact same two teams this weekend when they played. Hell we both had the exact same scores in our games.

01-15-2007, 11:58 PM
This poll makes zero sense to me. The Bears are like AD, people forget just how good they are.

RockJock07
01-16-2007, 12:51 AM
The media in Chicago has hyped up this team from day one, and the comparisons to 85 are insane, and that's the fan's fault. I too listen to the same radio that Saints67 listens too and it's sickening because they don't see that this team isn't as great as everyone says.

The Bears may, in time, get the respect they deserve, but if they win this game, they can earn it by beating an AFC foe that matters. If they make it the SB, congrads, but they won't be favored by ANYONE to win.

However, I don't think the Saints are great, but they'll handle the Bears and beat them by at least 10 points

sweetness34
01-16-2007, 01:05 AM
The media in Chicago has hyped up this team from day one, and the comparisons to 85 are insane, and that's the fan's fault. I too listen to the same radio that Saints67 listens too and it's sickening because they don't see that this team isn't as great as everyone says.

The Bears may, in time, get the respect they deserve, but if they win this game, they can earn it by beating an AFC foe that matters. If they make it the SB, congrads, but they won't be favored by ANYONE to win.

However, I don't think the Saints are great, but they'll handle the Bears and beat them by at least 10 points

I too thought the 85 Bears comparison was bad, and most, if not all of the Bear fans on this board will agree with me on that. And I'll also agree that we aren't a "great" team, but we are a good team. Hell, none of the teams left are great teams.

Btw, the Saints aren't as great as some people are claiming them to be either. They are just as easily beatable as we are. I'm still very nervous about this game though because New Orleans is a darn talented offensive team, and that worries me with the way our D has been playing as of late.

Whoever executes in this game will win (stop the run, run the ball, and limit turnovers). It's that simple IMO.

Still shocking to see the vote count disparity though.

NYmoney
01-16-2007, 12:21 PM

No way on earth the Bears lose this game by 10. They are the more mature, strong, and intelligent team. They are built for this exact game: January, Soldier Field, Playoffs, and Run Football. That's what the Bears are. I expect to see Cedric Benson have a very productive day on Sunday.

Additionally, I have faith in this simple idea: it is inconceivable for a team to be awarded the second pick in the draft the year before they play for it all. That's incredibly unlikely. Bear Down Chicago Bears

Rads3388
01-16-2007, 06:29 PM
I think that the most overlooked concept of this game will be the 2 underrated sides of the ball, the Saints' defense vs. the Bears' offense. Also, don't count out the Bears' special teams; they have one of the best units in the NFL. Devin Hester, whenever he holds onto the football, is the most dangersous retrun man in the NFL. I see that, and the HFA being a large factor in the Bears squeaking by and making it to the Super Bowl. Whatever the outcome, excellent seasons for both teams!

jackalope
01-16-2007, 08:58 PM
the saints will win, because at the end of the day they're still da bears

Star Wideout
01-16-2007, 09:01 PM
they're still da bears
You mean the team that won every meaningful conference game this season? :lol:

sweetness34
01-16-2007, 09:03 PM
I think that the most overlooked concept of this game will be the 2 underrated sides of the ball, the Saints' defense vs. the Bears' offense. Also, don't count out the Bears' special teams; they have one of the best units in the NFL. Devin Hester, whenever he holds onto the football, is the most dangersous retrun man in the NFL. I see that, and the HFA being a large factor in the Bears squeaking by and making it to the Super Bowl. Whatever the outcome, excellent seasons for both teams!

Our Special Teams was IMO one of the reasons why the game on Sunday was so damn close.

A) That block in the back penalty on Hester's PR took away a TD

B) Maynard didn't do too hot in the Punting game

C) We had multiple penalties on Special Teams

D) Our KR defense was terrible

Our ST's will need to play a lot better (apart from Gould) against the Saints.

Star Wideout
01-16-2007, 09:05 PM

Our Special Teams was IMO one of the reasons why the game on Sunday was so damn close.

A) That block in the back penalty on Hester's PR took away a TD

B) Maynard didn't do too hot in the Punting game

C) We had multiple penalties on Special Teams

D) Our KR defense was terrible

Our ST's will need to play a lot better (apart from Gould) against the Saints.
Maybe a bit rust coming off the bye? both teams should play more crisp after shaking off the rust of the bye.

SuperMcGee
01-16-2007, 09:08 PM
The Bears will win

bearsfan_51
01-16-2007, 11:38 PM
they're still da bears
No I think he means the team that has an all-time winning record over the Packrs.

sweetness34
01-17-2007, 08:15 AM
they're still da bears
No I think he means the team that has an all-time winning record over the Packrs.

Ouch. :lol:

NYmoney
01-17-2007, 08:36 AM
they're still da bears

Bearsfan_51: 1
jackalope: 0

Packman1957
01-17-2007, 09:22 AM
I think this game goes to the Saints, there offense is just too much for the Bears defense, especially since the Bears D has not played like it did at the beggining of the season, of course not having Tommie Harris and Mike Brown has a lot to do with this. And lets be honest history goes against the Bears, if you look at teams in the superbowl you will notice almost every single team has a good QB (except for Trent Dilfer and the Ravens in 2000). At this stage of the playoffs the QB position is what seperates the good teams from the great one's. The Bears defense is not the Ravens defense of 2000, and not the defense who shut out the Pack in there home opener, they gave up 24 points to the Seahawks when during the regular season they gave up only 6 points, this just shows how much the loss of Harris and Brown hurt this team, and what should make anyone think that the Bears offense can come to the rescue like they did last week. I just don't see it happening. I think the Bears get ripped apart, the Saints Offense is just to explosive, final:

Saints 31
Bears 13

sweetness34
01-17-2007, 10:26 AM
I think this game goes to the Saints, there offense is just too much for the Bears defense, especially since the Bears D has not played like it did at the beggining of the season, of course not having Tommie Harris and Mike Brown has a lot to do with this. And lets be honest history goes against the Bears, if you look at teams in the superbowl you will notice almost every single team has a good QB (except for Trent Dilfer and the Ravens in 2000). At this stage of the playoffs the QB position is what seperates the good teams from the great one's. The Bears defense is not the Ravens defense of 2000, and not the defense who shut out the Pack in there home opener, they gave up 24 points to the Seahawks when during the regular season they gave up only 6 points, this just shows how much the loss of Harris and Brown hurt this team, and what should make anyone think that the Bears offense can come to the rescue like they did last week. I just don't see it happening. I think the Bears get ripped apart, the Saints Offense is just to explosive, final:

Saints 31
Bears 13

We aren't the Ravens of 2000, but we have a better offense and better special teams than the Ravens.

Our offense will be able to put points up on the board, and I wouldn't put it past our D and ST's to possibly get a TD as well.

Brad Johnson won a Superbowl, as did Big Ben last year. Both were solid QB's but nothing spectacular. :? But we need Rex to not be a Trent Dilfer type QB or we will lose. We need him to put up some numbers, especially with how the D has been playing as of late.

I won't knock your prediction, it's your opinion, but what difference did you see in the Saints and the Bears this weekend to come up with a score like that?

NYmoney
01-17-2007, 10:27 AM

Saints 31
Bears 13

Very interesting analysis. Here's something to ponder: Rex Grossman. He has the ability to show up huge one week and then disappear the next. Last weekend, his rating was 78; thus it seems that he will either be Tom Brady or Peyton Manning in this weekend's playoff game.

We shall see.

I still contend that it is very difficult for a team to go from the #2 overall pick to the superbowl. There are just too many holes to be filled, and I expect the Bears to exploit those same deficiencies.

sweetness34
01-17-2007, 10:33 AM

Saints 31
Bears 13

Very interesting analysis. Here's something to ponder: Rex Grossman. He has the ability to show up huge one week and then disappear the next. Last weekend, his rating was 78; thus it seems that he will either be Tom Brady or Peyton Manning in this weekend's playoff game.

We shall see.

I still contend that it is very difficult for a team to go from the #2 overall pick to the superbowl. There are just too many holes to be filled, and I expect the Bears to exploit those same deficiencies.

It is very difficult, but it's also certainly possible. I think Saints fans can honestly say that they didn't expect to get this far. Not saying they are where they are because of playing on emotions, but I do think playing for a city has something to do with it.

Don't get me wrong, the Saints are a damn good ballclub, certainly capable of winning the SB, and I'm not knocking them whatsoever for what they have accomplished this season.

Adding Brees, Colston, and Bush to the offense were very good moves and I think that had a lot more to do with their success than anything.

Star Wideout
01-17-2007, 11:23 AM
I believe Rex Grossman will have a great day. His strength is the deep ball and New Orlean's weakness is in the secondary. Bernard Berrian alone will have atleast 2, TD passes over over 30 yards lining up over Fred Thomas who gets burned every game for huge gains.

Rex handled the playoff pressure very well so far I see no reason why it won't continue.

Shiver
01-17-2007, 06:22 PM
The Bears practiced out outside, in the cold. Meanwhile the Saints practiced in their shorts, indoors. That is a big mistake, that is, not preparing your team for the elements.

Hurricane Ditka
01-17-2007, 06:24 PM
This poll is a disaster. Haters.

jetsfan3
01-17-2007, 06:34 PM
I am rooting for the Bears because I use them in Madden and I want them to get better.

Tubby
01-17-2007, 06:43 PM
Only Josh Brown knows the outcome of this game

SuperMcGee
01-17-2007, 06:58 PM
This poll is a disaster. Haters.

That really is nuts. No way this should be that one sided

Fogartynyy2789
01-17-2007, 07:15 PM
I am rooting for the Bears because I use them in Madden and I want them to get better.

WOW.

NO really just wow.

I want the Saints to win this game for three reasons.
1. It would be the greatest Cinderella Story in NFL history.
2. Marques Colston went to Hofstra
3. What will happen when Tank Johnson hits South Beach if the Bears win.

Zim3031
01-17-2007, 07:23 PM
I just looked at the weather forecast and it looks like low 30's and high 20' with a chance of snow.

I'll take the Bears by a field goal.

Hurricane Ditka
01-17-2007, 07:41 PM

WOW.

NO really just wow.

I want the Saints to win this game for three reasons.
2. Marques Colston went to Hofstra
3. What will happen when Tank Johnson hits South Beach if the Bears win.Blah, Blah, Blah.

Saints Dome Patrol
01-17-2007, 08:15 PM
I'm waiting to before the game before I make my score prediction. But of course, I'm going to be cheering for the Saints. :D

Fogartynyy2789
01-17-2007, 08:16 PM
Yea I immediately regret writing that. I just hope it's a good game. They both beat the Giants so as long as the NFC team wins the Super Bowl, I'll be happy.

BTW in all seriousness, is Tank Johnson allowed to leave the state of Illinois??

Hurricane Ditka
01-17-2007, 08:33 PM
Yea I immediately regret writing that. I just hope it's a good game. They both beat the Giants so as long as the NFC team wins the Super Bowl, I'll be happy.

BTW in all seriousness, is Tank Johnson allowed to leave the state of Illinois??For job related reasons I'm pretty sure he can.

bearsfan_51
01-17-2007, 09:00 PM

BTW in all seriousness, is Tank Johnson allowed to leave the state of Illinois??For job related reasons I'm pretty sure he can.
Yeah, his parole allows it. And for shooting bitches.

Star Wideout
01-17-2007, 09:03 PM
BTW in all seriousness, is Tank Johnson allowed to leave the state of Illinois??
When the Bears go to the SB, he'll be on that flight to Miami. :lol:

FlutiesDropKick
01-17-2007, 09:18 PM

Yeah, his parole allows it. And for shooting bitches.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

that made me laugh out loud, and i'm not afraid to admit it

sweetness34
01-17-2007, 10:50 PM
The Bears practiced out outside, in the cold. Meanwhile the Saints practiced in their shorts, indoors. That is a big mistake, that is, not preparing your team for the elements.

It's reverse psychology Shiver, duh. :roll: :lol:

If I were Payton, I'd seriously consider going up north somewhere and practicing all week long. Because it's supposed to be damn cold on Sunday.

DollarBill3181
01-18-2007, 04:05 PM
This one will be liek 3 of the 4 NFL Divisional Round games (3of4 3pt wins).
This will be a battle between two very good teams down to the wire.

diabsoule
01-18-2007, 05:09 PM

If I were Payton, I'd seriously consider going up north somewhere and practicing all week long. Because it's supposed to be damn cold on Sunday.

It's been cold and raining in Louisiana all week. Not as cold as Chicago, though. Our temperature is hovering around 40-47 degrees, with wind and rain.

nyjetsguy27
01-18-2007, 07:19 PM
the bears defense has really tailed off lately, and rex grossman isnt a good QB at all. the saints can pass, run, and have a decent defense. i think the weather will help the bears a little, but i still think saints

bearsfan_51
01-18-2007, 09:06 PM
the bears defense has really tailed off lately, and rex grossman isnt a good QB at all. the saints can pass, run, and have a decent defense. i think the weather will help the bears a little, but i still think saints
Grossman is a very streaky Quarterback, when he's bad he's very bad, but when he's good, he's really good. I don't like the guy and I'll admit that.

Star Wideout
01-18-2007, 09:08 PM
and rex grossman isnt a good QB at all.
Why do people keep saying this? Rex hasn't cost the Bears a game since the Patriots game, and even then the Bears only lost by 4 points.

Grossman actually was a big reason the Bears beat Seattle, he delivered clutch throws one 68 yard bomb to Berrian to put the Bears ahead in the 2nd quarter, and his biggest throw a 30 yard seam pass to Davis in Overtime which drove them into FG position to win the game.

I have a strange feeling that Grossman will actually out play Drew Brees on Sunday, might sound crazy now but I can definitely see it.

people are going to slam him for not preparing enough on New Years eve, but it's time to give him props he certainly was focused in his playoff start and he handled the pressure well.

bearsfan_51
01-18-2007, 09:43 PM
and rex grossman isnt a good QB at all.
people are going to slam him for not preparing enough on New Years eve, but it's time to give him props he certainly was focused in his playoff start and he handled the pressure well.
Everyone has mental lapses at times, it's impossible to focus 100% of the time, and anyone that has played sports knows that. The only stupid part was that Grossman actually said it. Then again, he only said he failed to prepare, Randy Moss actually said that sometimes he doesn't try very hard during games, and it still finds gainful employment.

As for his performance in the playoffs you're absolutely correct. In comparison to other more lauded QB's like Brady, Manning, Rivers, and Hasselback, Grossman was solid to say the least.

Hurricane Ditka
01-18-2007, 10:00 PM
This poll just shows a flagrant lack of respect for the Bears, who lost one meaningless game in the conference. The Bears have been playing the us against the world card since Lovie Smith got here, and it holds true now. This team is playing with a chip on their shoulders, everyone has something to prove, more so than New Orleans. Grossman needs to silence the critics, Thomas Jones wants to keep his job, Cedric Benson wants to prove he was worth the #4 overall pick, Mohammad has been trying to prove his career isn't on the decline. The defense need to prove their worth, they need to show people that they can overcome the loss of Harris and Brown. Urlacher's said several times the bad taste of 2001 and 2005 are still in his mouth, the press has been calling him overrated since 2004. The Saints proved something by just getting here.

These are just a few reasons I'm picking the Bears to win 31-24.

RCAChainGang
01-18-2007, 10:34 PM
Lets go SAINTS!!!

My dad comes from Alexandria Louisiana so i hold LSU and Saints close :wink:

Packman1957
01-18-2007, 10:52 PM

Saints 31
Bears 13

We aren't the Ravens of 2000, but we have a better offense and better special teams than the Ravens.

Our offense will be able to put points up on the board, and I wouldn't put it past our D and ST's to possibly get a TD as well.

Brad Johnson won a Superbowl, as did Big Ben last year. Both were solid QB's but nothing spectacular. :? But we need Rex to not be a Trent Dilfer type QB or we will lose. We need him to put up some numbers, especially with how the D has been playing as of late.

I won't knock your prediction, it's your opinion, but what difference did you see in the Saints and the Bears this weekend to come up with a score like that?

Yeah i figured I was forgetting one QB, Brad Johnson was pretty average as well. But Big Ben played pretty well last year (especially in the playoffs) so I don't think you can compare him to Grossman.

And yeah you guys certainly have a better special teams than the Saints. But yet I really think you guys aren't the same team without Tommie Harris and Mike Brown. Granted Tank Johnson is a pretty good DT, I will admit that, but being able to have both Harris and Johnson in there would make a huge difference.

Also Rex Grossman will have to play his best football to beat the Saints, and I think some people really underrate the Saints defense, they really are not that bad. Maybe my prediction may have been a bit harsh but we'll see, I could be wrong.

Shiver
01-18-2007, 11:15 PM

It's been cold and raining in Louisiana all week. Not as cold as Chicago, though. Our temperature is hovering around 40-47 degrees, with wind and rain.

Thanks for the info, but New Orleans hasn't even been practicing outdoors in Louisiana. They have been inside, in their shorts.

Flyboy
01-18-2007, 11:20 PM

Thanks for the info, but New Orleans hasn't even been practicing outdoors in Louisiana. They have been inside, in their shorts.

People are really making the weather out to be a bigger deal than what it actually is.

sweetness34
01-18-2007, 11:37 PM

Saints 31
Bears 13

Yeah i figured I was forgetting one QB, Brad Johnson was pretty average as well. But Big Ben played pretty well last year (especially in the playoffs) so I don't think you can compare him to Grossman.

And yeah you guys certainly have a better special teams than the Saints. But yet I really think you guys aren't the same team without Tommie Harris and Mike Brown. Granted Tank Johnson is a pretty good DT, I will admit that, but being able to have both Harris and Johnson in there would make a huge difference.

Also Rex Grossman will have to play his best football to beat the Saints, and I think some people really underrate the Saints defense, they really are not that bad. Maybe my prediction may have been a bit harsh but we'll see, I could be wrong.

You guys realize the Saints lost to Washington, AT HOME, after they beat up on Dallas right?

So I wouldn't really say they were playing their best football of the season heading into the playoffs either.

So it breaks down like this right....

Bears Offense < Saints Offense

Bears Defense > Saints Defense

Bears ST's> Saints ST's

Say what you want about how underrated the Saints D is, but on paper we are the better D, even with out Tommie and Mike.

Idk, the 37 vote differential b/w the two teams is just astounding to see.

Saints Dome Patrol
01-19-2007, 01:27 AM
You guys realize the Saints lost to Washington, AT HOME, after they beat up on Dallas right?

So I wouldn't really say they were playing their best football of the season heading into the playoffs either.

Okay, first and foremost, let me say that the Saints had more than enough opportunities to win against Washington, but unfortunately, they couldn't capitalize on certain Redskins miscues and lost after a huge and very emotional victory over Dallas on the road the week before. And lest you forget, you're the same Bears team that lost 31-13 at home against the Dolphins after manhandling the 49ers the week before. So, we've both lost embarassing games at home after decisive victories. :?

So it breaks down like this right....

Bears Offense < Saints Offense

Bears Defense > Saints Defense

Bears ST's> Saints ST's

Say what you want about how underrated the Saints D is, but on paper we are the better D, even with out Tommie and Mike.

Idk, the 37 vote differential b/w the two teams is just astounding to see.

I will agree with one thing that you mentioned, the vote difference is a lot bigger than I would have thought as well. I really think that the fact is that people that are not fans of either team might be just voting for New Orleans because of the whole Cinderella story or to upset all you Chicago fans. I really can't say, since I'm a Saints fan, I voted for the Saints, like all you Bears fans probably voted for Chicago.

Personally, I think that you have to look at some key matchups to pick the winner of Sunday's game.

One interesting matchup when the Bears have the ball is offensive tackles Fred Miller and John St. Clair against the Saints defensive ends Charles Grant and Will Smith. I think that if the Bears give Rex Grossman enough time to throw, he'll be able to pick apart the weak Saints secondary. I know that Bernard Berrian will probably burn Fred Thomas at least once. It just depends how many times the Saints give up the big play.

Another matchup to look at will be Bears defensive tackles Ian Scott and Alfonso Boone against Saints running back Deuce McAllister. We all know that McAllister was able to shred the Eagles front for 143 yards on the ground. If he's able to put up similar numbers against the Bears defense, watch out, this game could get out of hand in a hurry.

The other matchup that a lot of people aren't looking at is the Bears return man Devin Hester against the Saints kicker Billy Cundiff and punter Steve Weatherford. I know that Hester is a threat to return a kick anytime he touches the ball -- if he fields the ball cleanly that is. I've seen Hester muff the ball at least three times when the kicker or punter puts the ball on the ground and Hester has to run up and field the ball on the bounce. I think that if the Saints kicking team is smart, they'll either kick away from him or put the ball on the ground, not allowing the speedy Hester to beat them.

Again, I'll give my score prediction soon and very soon, but for now, I'll steal your idea and break down the units like you did.

Saints offense vs. Bears defense
winner: Saints

Bears offense vs. Saints defense
winner: Bears

Bears special teams vs. Saints special teams
winner: even

Bears coaching vs. Saints coaching
winner: Saints (close)

Bears intangibles vs. Saints intangibles
winner: Saints (close again)

Overall, I think that this is going to be a great game. And I can't wait for Sunday! :D

bearsfan_51
01-19-2007, 09:59 AM
We have the best special teams in the league. That's laughable.

bearsfan_51
01-19-2007, 10:00 AM

People are really making the weather out to be a bigger deal than what it actually is.
Maybe. But I believe the Rams are the only dome team to ever win a Superbowl (and that year they had HFA throughout the playoffs). Makes you wonder why.

Star Wideout
01-19-2007, 11:48 AM
Lmao all the dimwits at ESPN picked the Saints except Accuscore. :shock:

guess the forgot the facts:
*No dome team has ever won a conference championship game outdoors.
*No 3-13 team has ever made the Super Bowl the following season.
*The Saints have never gone to the Super Bowl.

all those facts will remain true after Sunday.

Hurricane Ditka
01-19-2007, 11:58 AM

I call shenanigans on all three of those. Devin Hester broke records, and until last week our coverage teams have been pretty good. Sean Payton hasn't proven he's a better coach than Lovie Smith. Lovie got 11 wins out of this team with primarily Kyle Orton at quarterback, Payton got 10 with Drew Brees. They both won coach of the year, (although you can argue that Mangini deserved it more, but Payton had the whole coaching in New Orleans thing going for him). And the Saints don't have intangible edge on the Bears. Most of the Bears team has been in the play-offs before, and they'll be at home, behind their fans, in their weather.

bearsfan_51
01-19-2007, 12:03 PM

I call shenanigans on all three of those. Devin Hester broke records, and until last week our coverage teams have been pretty good. Sean Payton hasn't proven he's a better coach than Lovie Smith. Lovie got 11 wins out of this team with primarily Kyle Orton at quarterback, Payton got 10 with Drew Brees. They both won coach of the year, (although you can argue that Mangini deserved it more, but Payton had the whole coaching in New Orleans thing going for him). And the Saints don't have intangible edge on the Bears. Most of the Bears team has been in the play-offs before, and they'll be at home, behind their fans, in their weather.
I agree. I think the last two are debatable (especially cause I don't know what intangibles is supposed to mean) but the special teams one is absurd.

Billy Cundiff or Robbie Gould. Hmm....

IBleedNavyandOrange
01-19-2007, 01:13 PM

That's as good a reason as any for people who aren't committed fans of one team or the other. And I like that logic a whole lot better than "the Saints are a 'feel-good' story." Puh-leeze. The Saints are winning because of what happened with the hurricane, and anyone who is supporting the football team because they wish the city of New Orleans well should frickin' donate time and/or money to relief/rebuilding efforts, instead of salivating over a worst-to-first sports story.

It's a total joke to say anyone who isn't a Bears fan should root for the Saints. The Saints aren't holy or blessed or "America's team"; they've been close for years now to ditching NO for LA or SA or anywhere but the market and stadium the owners despise. If anything, people should root against the Saints for being such a terrible organization for years, and riding this "team of destiny" crap once they turn it around and get a good QB to go with a good RB and good coach.

Why do people like Cinderella stories? What is wrong with an organization having tradition and a history of improvement, and being strong long-term? Why are people so obsessed with a team that was utter crap one year, and good the next (especially in an era of last-place scheduling, etc.)? In my opinion, it's an indicator that something might be wrong with a league when a team can pull off such a huge swing in one year (and conversely, good teams go in the dumper in the same time period). Fan loyalty gets crapped on in this system, and you get all sorts of bandwagoning. It's flavor-of-the-month.

And that shows in this poll and in the ridiculous statements people are making about this game. The Bears' defense is struggling up the middle lately, but the edges are still strong and match up very well against the Saints' strengths on offense. Which to me, means Brees gets a lot of time to throw, but he's not going to find much to throw to. That doesn't matter, because it'll be McCallister running up the gut (want to see Bush get lit up again? Try sweeping him around the DE). Yes, the Saints have a potent offense, and the Bears won't be able to stop them. But the Bears have improved in one critical category this year from last--big plays. The defense makes them, and doesn't give them up. In the end, the Saints score 21-28 points.

The Bears' offense? Look for Benson to have a monster game as the Bears do the same thing as the Saints look to do. Rex won't have a lights-out game, but Turner called a very good game in the first half last week, and look for the Bears to do the exact same thing this week. Rex will play within the plan, taking sacks and checkdowns instead of heaving risky Farve-like gunslings. That said, if BB breaks loose downfield, Rex has the arm to get the ball to him. In the end, the Bears score 21-28 points.

This game might very well come down to Devin Hester--does he fumble the ball away, or does he break another long one? Do the Saints try a risky long-range field goal, knowing the Bears have returned TWO missed field goals for touchdowns in recent history? Or maybe Robbie Gould is the hero again. Personally, my gut is telling me that Gould won't be rock-solid this weekend, because kicking is a streaky thing, and it just might be time for Gould to go through a mini-slump.

That said, I see Hester breaking a long 4th-quarter punt return and getting tripped up before the goal line. Benson up the middle 3x in a row... and if he breaks through, end score Bears: 27, Saints 24. If he doesn't, the Bears settle for a FG and end up losing 23-24... or just maybe, the Bears then onside kick and recover, throw Hester in on offense for a play and he runs a reverse to score the game-winning TD, in which case Bears 30, Saints 24.

dcrls
01-19-2007, 01:22 PM
well lets whatifsports debate this:

http://whatifsports.com/nfl/boxscore.asp?GameID=2442767&ad=1

sweetness34
01-19-2007, 01:54 PM
Ok SDP, I love you as a poster, but come on now....

Our ST's are the best in the league, period. We have 3 PRO BOWLERS on our ST's in Gould, Hester, and Ayenbadejo; I don't think any other NFL team can say that.

We have one of the best special teams players in the league in Ayenbadejo. We have the most accurate field goal kicker this year in the league in Gould. And we have the most electrifying and the best returner in Hester this season. Our ST's are better than yours on paper, and I don't even think it's debatable. Maybe you have us in Kickoff and Punt coverage but come on now SDP.

Coaching? Payton has had one good year. Lovie has improved every season he's been a coach and has brought a 5-11 team 2 years ago to first round byes in the playoffs two straight years. And even though I don't like Ron Turner at times, the combo of Rivera and Turner makes for one of the better duos in the NFC. I'm not saying Payton won't be a better coach in the future, but he's not right now.

And intangibles? I have to agree with HD here and I'll just cosign him on that.

Just my thoughts.

Saints67
01-19-2007, 03:11 PM

using history to back you up is pretty low.....just saying.

and wow the saints have lost already?? no way...

Saints Dome Patrol
01-19-2007, 04:42 PM

Our ST's are the best in the league, period. We have 3 PRO BOWLERS on our ST's in Gould, Hester, and Ayenbadejo; I don't think any other NFL team can say that.

We have one of the best special teams players in the league in Ayenbadejo. We have the most accurate field goal kicker this year in the league in Gould. And we have the most electrifying and the best returner in Hester this season. Our ST's are better than yours on paper, and I don't even think it's debatable. Maybe you have us in Kickoff and Punt coverage but come on now SDP.

I think the only reason that you like me as a poster is because of my avatar. Be honest. :razz:

I'll admit that you do have three Pro Bowl players but I'm not so sure that Robbie Gould is the best field goal kicker in the league. Like I said, if the Saints can kick around Hester, it takes away your special team advantage.

Coaching? Payton has had one good year. Lovie has improved every season he's been a coach and has brought a 5-11 team 2 years ago to first round byes in the playoffs two straight years. And even though I don't like Ron Turner at times, the combo of Rivera and Turner makes for one of the better duos in the NFC. I'm not saying Payton won't be a better coach in the future, but he's not right now.

As you said, Sean Payton has only had one good year. That's because he's only had one year to coach. And it that one year, he's turned around a 3-13 team to a team that's one win away from the Super Bowl. And if you're going to throw in assistant coaches, I do agree that Ron Rivera is a great assistant, but I still stand by my opinion. You've got yours, and I've got mine.

And c'mon, even with home-field advantage, the Saints have got the edge with all the hurricane/Cinderella story going for them. The Saints have most of the rest of the country cheering for them. I know you didn't want to hear it, but it's the truth.

Just my thoughts.

And I appreciate that we can disagree in a civil manner. Unlike some of the other fans on this forum, we can be adults about this.

I think you'll agree, whatever happens on Sunday, it will be a very close game.

bearsfan_51
01-19-2007, 05:45 PM
The fact that the country is cheering for the Saints means nothing. There will be 60 some thousand fans in the stadium and almost all of them will be Bears fans. That's the only noise that is going to count.

And I don't think the "Cinderella" story means a whole lot. The Saints have been winning because they are a good team. Intangibles have to do with things that are actually game related, and that's not.

Hurricane Ditka
01-19-2007, 06:52 PM

And c'mon, even with home-field advantage, the Saints have got the edge with all the hurricane/Cinderella story going for them. The Saints have most of the rest of the country cheering for them. I know you didn't want to hear it, but it's the truth.
Shenanigans once again. Opening kickoff Sunday and that won't matter one bit. Their will be 60,000+ people in that stadium on Sunday, and "the rest of the country" won't be in Solider Field to cheer them on. The hurricane was a year and a half ago, and the Saints wanted to get the hell out there after it happened. They wanted to stay in San Antonio, or move to LA. This 10-6 team isn't the same team that went 3-13, you've got Drew Brees, Reggie Bush, a healthy Duece McCallister, along with a few new defensive players. Lovie's rise from 5-11 to 11-5 is just as impressive as Sean Payton's, although Lovie's core group of players didn't change as much the Saints did. Lovie's got 2 years more experience, and it's on his turf, not Payton's. In Chicago's weather not the climate-controlled dome of New Orleans. In front of 60,000 Bears fans. Add all of those things together, and who the country is rooting for doesn't make a difference. This isn't an election it's a football game, and the Saints aren't America's team, their New Orleans' team.

sweetness34
01-19-2007, 08:47 PM

I think the only reason that you like me as a poster is because of my avatar. Be honest. :razz:

I'll admit that you do have three Pro Bowl players but I'm not so sure that Robbie Gould is the best field goal kicker in the league. Like I said, if the Saints can kick around Hester, it takes away your special team advantage.

As you said, Sean Payton has only had one good year. That's because he's only had one year to coach. And it that one year, he's turned around a 3-13 team to a team that's one win away from the Super Bowl. And if you're going to throw in assistant coaches, I do agree that Ron Rivera is a great assistant, but I still stand by my opinion. You've got yours, and I've got mine.

Just my thoughts.

And I appreciate that we can disagree in a civil manner. Unlike some of the other fans on this forum, we can be adults about this.

I think you'll agree, whatever happens on Sunday, it will be a very close game.

I believe Jim Mora Jr. led the Falcons to the NFC Championship in his first season, could be mistaken, but he was crowned as one of the best young coaches in the league. Flash forward 3 years and he's out of a job.

Let's wait until Payton proves himself as a coach for 2-3 years before you say he's better than a guy who has also led a losing franchise during the 1990's and 2000's (minus a couple years) to the playoffs two straight seasons, both being first round byes. Our OC's and HC have been seasoned in the NFL for 2-3 years, which is why I am saying that they are the better coaching staff.

And please stop with the Hurricane Katrina stuff, I realize that the city of New Orleans went through hell during that period of time, but that was about a year and a half ago, and HD has already said the things I was going to say about the situation anyway. Seriously though, not trying to be an ass here, but enough is enough about it. That's all I've heard ESPN talk about this week, Katrina this and Katrina that, America's team this America's team that, team of destiny and emotions this and team of destiny and emotions that; everyone's pulling for the Saints to win. We've taken a back seat in the coverage of this game and it's very frustrating to see. It's almost like we don't even matter in this game, which is sad to see because we have been the most consistent team in the NFC all eyar long.

And also realize that you aren't the only team playing on high emotions this Sunday. The Saints may be playing for their city, but the Bears are also playing for a city that hasn't seen this game for about 20 years. And they'll also be playing for a fired up home crowd.

And about Special Teams; we're talking on paper correct? If so, Gould is a better kicker than Carney, who did kick indoors for about 10 games this season mind you, and yet Gould who played in one of the windiest cities in the United States had the highest field goal accuracy percentage of any other kicker in the NFL. Hester ON PAPER is the best return man in the league, no debate about it. Our ST tackling wasn't too good last week but all season that's an area where we excelled. Punting; Maynard is one of the most underrated punters in the league. Not knocking Weatherford here but Brad is usually very consistent each week in tagging great punts and helping us win the field position battle. And add one of the best ST players in Ayenbadejo into the mix and I have to say we have the edge in this area, not a knock on the Saints' ST's, but just saying how good our ST's are when they show up.

Titansfan #53
01-19-2007, 10:52 PM
Saints win! period

Hurricane Ditka
01-19-2007, 10:54 PM
Saints win! periodLots of insight and reasoning right there. Surprised I hadn't thought of it like that before. One of the few American geniuses of our time.

sweetness34
01-19-2007, 11:16 PM
sports.espn.go.com/nfl/features/talent

Well, looks like this board isn't the only lopsided prediction. :lol:

Hurricane Ditka
01-19-2007, 11:27 PM
It'd be asinine to think things like this won't go unnoticed inside the Bears locker-room. The Bears play best when they have something to prove, and this manlove for the Saints everywhere is ridicolous, add fuel to the fire. The Bears need to come out and make a statement on Sunday. The George Halas trophy comes home on Sunday, and it stays there.

sweetness34
01-19-2007, 11:43 PM
It'd be asinine to think things like this won't go unnoticed inside the Bears locker-room. The Bears play best when they have something to prove, and this manlove for the Saints everywhere is ridicolous, add fuel to the fire. The Bears need to come out and make a statement on Sunday. The George Halas trophy comes home on Sunday, and it stays there.

Oh I agree. Here's your shot to win the George Halas trophy IN SOLDIER FIELD, now go out and just lay the wood for 60 minutes. Just battle and battle and battle, and don't let up. Let them know that this is our house, and the SB comes through Chicago.

Hell, if they took a poll across the US, I can guarantee the Saints would get about 65-70% of the vote. Which is fine, I could really care less right now but it is pretty shocking to see.

Saints Dome Patrol
01-20-2007, 02:42 AM

Oh I agree. Here's your shot to win the George Halas trophy IN SOLDIER FIELD, now go out and just lay the wood for 60 minutes. Just battle and battle and battle, and don't let up. Let them know that this is our house, and the SB comes through Chicago.

Hell, if they took a poll across the US, I can guarantee the Saints would get about 65-70% of the vote. Which is fine, I could really care less right now but it is pretty shocking to see.

Funny, I heard that the George Stanley Halas trophy is going to visit New Orleans... at least, that's what I heard. :razz: :D

Hurricane Ditka
01-20-2007, 08:43 AM

Hell, if they took a poll across the US, I can guarantee the Saints would get about 65-70% of the vote. Which is fine, I could really care less right now but it is pretty shocking to see.That'd be quite difficult considering he's been dead for 24 years.

Funny, I heard that the George Stanley Halas trophy is going to visit New Orleans... at least, that's what I heard. :razz: :D

01-20-2007, 10:36 PM
Even though I am a huge Gator fan I say Grossman will be horrible and the Saints will pull it out.

Shiver
01-20-2007, 10:59 PM
No indoor team has ever won an outdoor Championship Game. With 2 inches of snow, in the twenties, I am going with the Bears.

slaym
01-20-2007, 11:22 PM

There is always a first time for everything.

Saints 38
Bears 24

Star Wideout
01-20-2007, 11:34 PM
Weather forecast is calling for 1-2 inches of snow before the game, flurries during it, and a wind chill of 8-10 degrees.

sweetness34
01-21-2007, 12:07 AM
Weather forecast is calling for 1-2 inches of snow before the game, flurries during it, and a wind chill of 8-10 degrees.

Eh, the team who executes and comes to play will win this game.

bearsfan_51
01-21-2007, 12:09 AM

There is always a first time for everything.

Saints 38
Bears 24
The Saints offense is really good..but 38 points is a hell of a lot of points.

Saints67
01-21-2007, 12:26 AM
No indoor team has ever won an outdoor Championship Game. With 2 inches of snow, in the twenties, I am going with the Bears.

hmmm..

the top O vs top D in the champ game is 7-3...favoring the O.

bearsfan_51
01-21-2007, 12:30 AM

hmmm..

What?

diabsoule
01-21-2007, 12:37 AM
Game today. Good luck

Saints67
01-21-2007, 12:47 AM

hmmm..

What?

you know what.

Saints67
01-21-2007, 01:03 AM
Game today. Good luck

game is here... 8)

and good luck for both teams.

Saints Dome Patrol
01-21-2007, 07:28 AM
Saints67 beat me to it... game in less than 8 hours... :mrgreen:

Here's hoping for a great game!

Sveen
01-21-2007, 07:48 AM
Go Saints :D

Flyboy
01-21-2007, 08:39 AM
I'm literally shaking... Jesus.

sweetness34
01-21-2007, 08:57 AM
I'm literally shaking... Jesus.

Ha, I've been shaking since Monday, and that's no joke. :lol:

bearsfan_51
01-21-2007, 10:02 AM
You guys are funny. I haven't worried about this game at all. If we lose, we lose. I have a quiet confidence about this game anyway. I absolutely love the fact that EVERYONE is picking the Saints to win. It really takes the pressure off.

IBleedNavyandOrange
01-21-2007, 10:09 AM
Let's hope the weather doesn't scare off any fair-weather fans... what was it last week? 5,000 no-shows? (or was that the Green Bay game?) Come on!

We need 65,000 screaming fans and Reggie Bush shivering in the snow after being knocked silly by Chris Harris (PLEASE wrap up this week, Chris).

And Tank? You know all that pent-up rage and crazy? This is the game to let it all out.

bearsfan_51
01-21-2007, 10:11 AM
I agree.

Tank, if you're listening, find Drew Brees before the game and put a cap in his ass. I promise I'll pay your bail.

sweetness34
01-21-2007, 11:33 AM
I agree.

Tank, if you're listening, find Drew Brees before the game and put a cap in his ass. I promise I'll pay your bail.

:lol:

Btw 51, I get nervous about every game. So this is no new thing for me, although this was the first time where I've had butterflies this week.

But yea, I mean according to this board and according to the media, we're supposed to lose this game, and even though we are the home team, I feel like we're the underdog, which is fine by me.

GB12
01-21-2007, 01:52 PM
I'm seriously not watching ESPN for 2 weeks after this game.

bearsfan_51
01-21-2007, 01:58 PM
It would appear the snow has stopped.

dcrls
01-21-2007, 02:00 PM
I'm seriously not watching ESPN for 2 weeks after this game.

why?

Brodeur
01-21-2007, 02:01 PM
Bears by 17, just to shut up ESPN.

Basileus777
01-21-2007, 02:03 PM
This is our country count: 1

Oh, and go Chicago!

Damix
01-21-2007, 02:08 PM
Damn, looks cold

Basileus777
01-21-2007, 02:08 PM
What a catch.

The Unseen
01-21-2007, 02:09 PM
Whenever I see the New Orleans O-line, I hafta say "I AM MISSES NESBIT!!!"

bearsfan_51
01-21-2007, 02:12 PM
Nice first defensive stand. Just one really nice catch by Devery. Pass rush looks solid too and I like the matchup of Ricky Manning on Reggie Bush, that should be fun to watch.

The Unseen
01-21-2007, 02:14 PM
Grossman's got great skillz

bearsfan_51
01-21-2007, 02:15 PM
Bad positioning there by Thomas Jones. At least Rexy didn't turn it over.

Bush is denied.

The Unseen
01-21-2007, 02:16 PM
Adrian Peterson, brother of Mike Peterson. Represent.

The Unseen
01-21-2007, 02:20 PM
Saints got luuuuuuuuuuuuuucky

Brodeur
How do you not grasp that.

Basileus777
How do you not recover that Chicago?

bearsfan_51
01-21-2007, 02:21 PM
STOP

DOUBTING

MARK

ANDERSON!!

And fall on the ball O-Gun. Cripes.

bearsfan_51
01-21-2007, 02:24 PM
Stop throwing off your freaking back foot Grossman. You're an NFL Quarterback.

SFbear
01-21-2007, 02:28 PM
Briggs came to play.

Damix
01-21-2007, 02:31 PM
Great catch by Bush

The Unseen
01-21-2007, 02:31 PM
bobbled and caught

The Unseen
01-21-2007, 02:32 PM
Saw that one coming

Brodeur
So they can actually pick up a fumble. Interesting.

bearsfan_51
Meet the Bears defense.

rchrd
God I hate the fact the Bears D is so good. Why do people even bother trying to get yards after the catch? you'll lose the ball!

bearsfan_51
01-21-2007, 02:34 PM
Great playcall. They weren't ready for that at all.

The Unseen
Cedric Benson is just slayin kids

Basileus777
Nice playcall on the end-around.

SFbear
01-21-2007, 02:35 PM
Benson is a beast 8)

bearsfan_51
01-21-2007, 02:36 PM
They should go for it.

The Unseen
"This is the power-O that you call, Joe"

Nice rhyme.

The Unseen
They should go for it.

dangit, was gonna catch you in the past tense.

bearsfan_51
01-21-2007, 02:38 PM
They should go for it.

dangit, was gonna catch you in the past tense.
I heard the fans booing so I thought they were going to kick it.

Brodeur
01-21-2007, 02:39 PM
Rex Webman?

The Unseen
what happened?

bearsfan_51
Holy **** Grossman.

*Shakes head*

You are an idiot.

Basileus777
Grossman can't hit a wide open guy within 5 yards. :lol:

JCshutEmDown
01-21-2007, 02:40 PM
Calling back to back to timeouts isn't a penalty. The refs just wont acknowledge it, like just happend.

The Unseen
Nice defensive stand by Rex Grossman.

bearsfan_51
Jesus H. Christ.

The Unseen
01-21-2007, 02:41 PM

bearsfan_51
01-21-2007, 02:42 PM
It really wasn't that funny the first time you said it.

Basileus777
They have should run behind Tait

just kidding

The Unseen
It really wasn't that funny the first time you said it.

crap

bearsfan_51
01-21-2007, 02:43 PM
Haha...what a turd.

bearsfan_51

just kidding
You wish you still had Tait.

JCshutEmDown
Ball was coming out. Play will stand.

Basileus777
01-21-2007, 02:44 PM

just kidding
You wish you still had Tait.

Absolutely. Then again, who wouldn't be an upgrade over Jordan Black?

The Unseen
01-21-2007, 02:45 PM
N'awlens has fumbilitis.

Saints67
01-21-2007, 02:46 PM
looks like the refs want the bears to win.

The Unseen

Yeah. Sure.

Brodeur

Are you a closet Seahawk fan?

Jay
He was definitely down.

Saints67
01-21-2007, 02:47 PM
He was definitely down.

exactly.

bearsfan_51
01-21-2007, 02:48 PM
I don't think Grossman even knows where he is. How can you not know that there is 2 seconds left in the quarter and then get under snap and start calling a cadence? Seriously? Really?

bearsfan_51
01-21-2007, 02:49 PM
He was definitely down.

exactly.
He lost the ball before he was down, that is without question. Whether or not he regained control before his knee rehit the ground is questionable. That being said, don't fumble in the first place and it wouldn't be an issue.

bearsfan_51
01-21-2007, 02:51 PM
Damn. He had a big hole too. ****.

Saints67
01-21-2007, 02:51 PM
football gods get their revenge.

The Unseen
01-21-2007, 02:54 PM
Joe Buck is a Jedi Master.

Basileus777
01-21-2007, 02:54 PM
How long until the Saints fumble again?

Philliez01
01-21-2007, 02:55 PM
The Bears are simply the better team right now, if they start capitalizing, this game could be theirs soon.

bearsfan_51
01-21-2007, 02:57 PM
The Bears are simply the better team right now, if they start capitalizing, this game could be theirs soon.
So long as our QB is Grossman, that will not happen.

Our defense has the speed to contain Bush. I knew that would happen.

SFbear
01-21-2007, 02:57 PM

Dont underestimate Rex Grossman's desire to ruin my life.

Saints67
01-21-2007, 02:58 PM
that is the biggest BS call, ive ever seen on that PI.

The Unseen
01-21-2007, 02:59 PM

Oh, it's a huge conspiracy.

Philliez01
So long as our QB is a nice guy, that will not happen.

Our defense has the speed to contain Bush. I knew that would happen.

That is true, but the Bears are doing so good on the defensive side of the ball. They are ballhawking, making their tackles, playing tight coverage and aren't slipping all over the place. The Saints aren't doing any of that.

Basileus777
This is our country count: 2

yodabear

DON'T EVER PUT JEDI AND JOE BUCK IN THE SAME SENTENCE!!!!!!

bearsfan_51
01-21-2007, 03:00 PM
Uh oh.......

Philliez01
01-21-2007, 03:02 PM
Cedric Benson = Beast.

Saints67
01-21-2007, 03:02 PM

it is..thanks for pointing out the truth. 8)

Basileus777
01-21-2007, 03:03 PM

Yeah, cause the NFL would really suffer if the Saints won instead of the Bears. That would make for a much more compelling Superbowl....right? :roll:

Brodeur
01-21-2007, 03:03 PM

Well, you haven't seen most of the Star Wars films so...

bearsfan_51
01-21-2007, 03:04 PM
ARRGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!

Tubby
Grossman is terrible

Jay
I can't believe the Bears only have three field goals to show for all this...

SFbear

Yeah, cause the NFL would really suffer if the Saints won instead of the Bears. That would make for a much more compelling Superbowl....right? :roll:

I thought God was pulling for the Saints?

bearsfan_51
01-21-2007, 03:05 PM
God I wonder what it would be like to have a real Quarterback. I bet it's nice.

Philliez01
01-21-2007, 03:06 PM

On the bright side, Jonathon Quinn isn't around anymore

JCshutEmDown
01-21-2007, 03:06 PM
The score would be 21-0 if the Bears gave the ball to Thomas Jones. I don't undertsand this. They rode him all this year to the NFC title game and now they decide to just stop giving him the ball?

The Unseen
01-21-2007, 03:07 PM

On the bright side, Jonathon Quinn isn't around anymore

beast

Donno
Man I hate the Saints thank god for Da Bears.

SFbear
The score would be 21-0 if the Bears gave the ball to Thomas Jones. I don't undertsand this. They rode him all this year to the NFC title game and now they decide to just stop giving him the ball?

Benson has done well. Its Grossman who has cost us.

bearsfan_51
I wonder if Dome Patrol still thinks our special teams are equal.

The Unseen

Worst. Logic. Ever.

Basileus777
01-21-2007, 03:08 PM
This is our country count: 3

yodabear

Well, you haven't seen most of the Star Wars films so...

Yeah, and your point is?

The Unseen
Bush>McAllister

JCshutEmDown

Worst. Logic. Ever.

You know nothing.