PDA

View Full Version : Texas Tech Qbs (harrell and potts)

SplitOTE
09-03-2007, 06:49 PM
i know recent qbs such has symmons, hodges, cumbie and kingsbury have been products of the system, but what are some of your opinons on graham harrel?

also, i think his backup taylor potts will be a star when he has a shot, guy has a big frame, with a bigtime arm with good accuracy (if his play at the end of smu shows anything

JeffSamardzijaIRISH
09-03-2007, 07:06 PM
Harrell has good arm strength and decent accuracy, but there's those system QB questions. I think he's Day1-Day2 fringe right now.

neko4
09-03-2007, 07:11 PM
Is he a senior?
And the potts guy sounds to have alot of potential

energizerbunny
09-03-2007, 09:01 PM
future CFLers/Arena Leaguers at best.

HoopsDemon12
09-03-2007, 09:09 PM
future CFLers/Arena Leaguers at best.

you say it like CFl is a bad thing

etk
09-03-2007, 09:40 PM
He's only a Junior, but he has more potential than any of those other TT QBs. Many of those other guys you mentioned were products of the system that grew
in the program. Harrell was highly recruited out of HS and has his own skillset for success. He needs to add a little bit of weight for his Senior year like Brennan did.

energizerbunny
09-04-2007, 07:02 PM
you say it like CFl is a bad thing

It isn't, there are many great QB NCAA stars that couldn' translate to the CFL.
But these gimmicky spread offences are very similar to what is run in the CFL with 4 + 5 wide. Kingsbury and Chang are both in the cfl right now.

HoopsDemon12
09-04-2007, 08:00 PM
It isn't, there are many great QB NCAA stars that couldn' translate to the CFL.
But these gimmicky spread offences are very similar to what is run in the CFL with 4 + 5 wide. Kingsbury and Chang are both in the cfl right now.

Drew Tate is the Riders 3rd string aswell... there have been many good players who just dont cut it up here aswell... some players who have been stars down south cant cut it becasue they are two different games..