PDA

View Full Version : Corey Lynch

TheMikey10
09-03-2007, 07:23 PM
Not to get caught up in the Appy State hype, but he was amazing even aside from the block on saturday, he looked like enough of a ballhawk to be worth a day 1 pick to me, what does everyone think?

etk
09-03-2007, 09:42 PM
Doesn't have the speed to play safety in the Pros. Solid college player but not athletic enough for the NFL.

Don Vito
09-03-2007, 09:45 PM
Ha yea Michigans kicker caught up to him, but he did look very good on Saturday. He was a playmaker and a ballhawk, but as was already said he doesn't look like an NFL athlete his best shot at the NFL is probably on special teams.

Sniper
09-06-2007, 08:47 AM
Ha yea Michigans kicker caught up to him, but he did look very good on Saturday. He was a playmaker and a ballhawk, but as was already said he doesn't look like an NFL athlete his best shot at the NFL is probably on special teams.

They also mentioned that he played pretty much every single play, so that takes a toll on your legs. You should never let a kicker tackle you, but still. And his takeaway #s are pretty good. Maybe a 6-7 guy.

TitanHope
09-06-2007, 07:50 PM
Also, since we're talking about App State. There is/was a DB on the team with the last name Lynch who was all over the place on defense. A complete ball hawk in that game. Is he by chance related to John Lynch?

I liked him before he was cool... ;)

But yeah, as someone said, likely a special teams guy. I've seen him play in person, and he greatly impressed me. He's faster than the last play of the Michigan game gives him credit for; He had been playing all day in what turned out to be the biggest game of his career. He was dog tired and had already secured the game. Anyway, he'll be a second day pick, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if he made a team somewhere. A Strong Safety or possibly be converted to LB in a Cover-2, ala Brian Urlacher and Cato June.

ChiFan24
09-06-2007, 11:41 PM
I was more impressed with Pierre Banks, though he's on the small side...

BX
09-07-2007, 12:08 AM
Not to be a homer, but Corey Lynch has been THE playmaker for App. State's defense the last two years. I think he's more then capable of making the 53-man roster for some team.

Green Bay Scat
09-07-2007, 12:10 AM
Wasnt he hurt most of last year? i thought they cept saying during the National Title(D-1aa) that he was playing with one arm and he still had like 12 tackles, he has great instincts. I thought he looked a lot bigger since that game.