PDA

View Full Version : Brian Cushing

nvot9
09-03-2007, 11:46 PM
He's the LB for USC, I believe he was the 2nd ranked LB in the nation, he's just a junior but he was injured this year. What are your guys' takes on him? How do you think he projects? I'm just curious because he's from around where I live, in fact, my football team played his team and him when he was in high school.

And I mistakingly spelled his name wrong, it's Brian.

Don Vito
09-04-2007, 12:08 AM
He's a talent but hes probably the 3rd best LB on his team as of now imo. Cushing is a great prospect physically, but how he performs this season will determine where he is drafted. He should tear up the combine which will bost his draft status, but with a great year he could be a top 10 LB. But it will be hard to put up such great numbers on such a loaded defense, I predict Cushing will be a late first rounder.

thebow305
09-04-2007, 12:14 AM
I love him, probably my favorite player, that's not from the U. Will be a top 15 pick next April if he comes out... Mark it down!

Iamcanadian
09-04-2007, 12:11 PM
He'll be a day one pick but he'll be drafted after USC's top 2 guys probably in round 2 or 3.

Mr. Stiller
09-04-2007, 12:17 PM
He's a better fit for a 4-3 SLB, but the fact he can play ILB/OLB In any scheme will entice a higher pick.

energizerbunny
09-04-2007, 07:00 PM
He is only a junior so things could change alot by his draft year, I don't see him comming out this year. He has to prove alot of things in the next 2 years. Prove he can be healthy and prove he can be a all-around linebacker.

Training with DeFranco he is going to put up some great combine numbers whenever he gets there. Which will probally lead to him being drafted a little higher than he should be.

JeffSamardzijaIRISH
09-04-2007, 08:28 PM
http://njmg.typepad.com/varsityaces/images/cushingnow_2.jpg

Nice man tits.

soybean
09-04-2007, 09:31 PM
http://njmg.typepad.com/varsityaces/images/cushingnow_2.jpg

Nice man tits.

someone answered this a while back.

he hurt his shoulder, had to rehab, wasn't able to work out, and that's what happened. Don't be fooled, he's jacked now.

HoopsDemon12
09-04-2007, 09:39 PM
someone answered this a while back.

he hurt his shoulder, had to rehab, wasn't able to work out, and that's what happened. Don't be fooled, he's jacked now.

ya... that was the first thread i ever read on this site... i remember that whole convo basically...

DChess
09-04-2007, 09:47 PM
personally i think he's overrated, dont feel like typing though, ill give reasoning later

keylime_5
09-04-2007, 10:12 PM
Would be great at strongside ILB for a 3-4 or SLB in a 4-3. Hard to find a great impact SLB, would be a mismatch for offenses if they had a sam LB as good as him to go with a stud MLB and WLB, where the stud LBs usually play in a 4-3.

elway777
09-04-2007, 10:44 PM
Projects best in a 3-4 because of his lack of agility. I see him as a 2 /3 round pick if he comes out this year.

keylime_5
09-05-2007, 11:30 AM
He could play OLB in a 3-4, heck he DID last year. But I don't think a team will draft him to play OLB longterm in a 3-4, I think he'll move to ILB in a 3-4 if a team like PIttsburgh, Cleveland, Dallas, etc. drafts him. In the NFL teams want their OLBs in 34s to be great pass rushers, ala Wimbley, Merriman, Ware, Vrabel, McGinest, Suggs, S.Philips, Spencer, etc., etc. Cushing can rush the passer, but I think Bobby Carpenter was a better pass rusher in college than Brian Cushing, yet Carpenter doesn't seem like his pass rushing skills are gonna make it in the NFL at 34 OLB, which is why he's been moved inside. Cushing could be a beast in the middle of a 34 though, that system is perfect for big 6-4/240 guys who can run.