PDA

View Full Version : Demetrius Williams

Shere Khan
09-04-2007, 11:21 AM
I come in peace, Ravens fans.

Anyway, what are your thoughts about Demetrius Williams?

Does he have a chance to break out this year?

Or does Steve McNair hinder his progress?

What is your honest assessment of the guy, because I drafted him late in my draft thinking he could be a nice sleeper.

trkaline
09-04-2007, 11:54 AM
I come in peace, Ravens fans.

Anyway, what are your thoughts about Demetrius Williams?

Does he have a chance to break out this year?

Or does Steve McNair hinder his progress?

What is your honest assessment of the guy, because I drafted him late in my draft thinking he could be a nice sleeper.

It is quite possible we have 3 talented recievers and of the 3 I believe he'll be the one defenses will neglect the most.

ccB
09-04-2007, 12:16 PM
Demetrius Williams will be our number 2 option sooner or later. I think as a last round pick up he could be a good sleeper candidate. Is it just me or does anyone else see Randy Moss like skill in this kid?

trkaline
09-04-2007, 12:18 PM
Demetrius Williams will be our number 2 option sooner or later. I think as a last round pick up he could be a good sleeper candidate. Is it just me or does anyone else see Randy Moss like skill in this kid?

If your talking old Randy Moss then..yes...

ccB
09-04-2007, 12:19 PM

Hey this is off topic but I started that job today and I am able to bring up what other people are looking at on my computer. Spying is the tits!

trkaline
09-04-2007, 12:20 PM
Hey this is off topic but I started that job today and I am able to bring up what other people are looking at on my computer. Spying is the tits!

Yes yes it is im startin a career in that it'll be a blasty blast...

ChefMike
09-04-2007, 12:41 PM
D-Will is a Stud #2... I think of him like Alvin Harper was to Dallas in the Early to mid 90's. I don't think he will be as good as Clayton is but those 2 together are very dangerous !

Ravens1991
09-04-2007, 01:41 PM
He has pro bowl potential IMO.

trkaline
09-04-2007, 02:27 PM
He has pro bowl potential IMO.

I'll see your potential and raise you a probable...

Mr. Stiller
09-04-2007, 02:44 PM
I think he has great WR potential.. But with McNairs arm he won't be able to use his best assets.

Ravens1991
09-04-2007, 03:00 PM
he will still get the ball a good amount of times.

Shere Khan
09-04-2007, 04:34 PM

Uhm......LETS NOT GO THAT FAR.

Chris Henry is the closest the league has to a Moss.

I'm sorry, the hyperbole is a little crazy round here.

Let Demetrius score a few more TD's and actually MOVE UP on the depth chart before you start proclaiming him the next Moss.

LonghornsLegend
09-04-2007, 04:35 PM
wont he be playing outside with clayton, and mason in the slot? at least thats what i read...

but i like williams, alot...so much talent, and he hasnt shown his best yet

trkaline
09-04-2007, 04:37 PM

Let Demetrius score a few more TD's and actually MOVE UP on the depth chart before you start proclaiming him the next Moss.

Yea I know I just wanted to be a little homerish I was getting bored of making sense....

Ravens1991
09-04-2007, 07:27 PM
wont he be playing outside with clayton, and mason in the slot? at least thats what i read...

but i like williams, alot...so much talent, and he hasnt shown his best yet

I heard we may move him to slot or he gets time as a slot WR on 3 WR sets.

ccB
09-04-2007, 07:30 PM

No one said hes the next Moss, I said he is comparable to Randy Moss, skill set/body type/ they way he plays etc Obviously he isnt as good as Randy Moss.

Yung Flippa
09-04-2007, 08:00 PM
D-Will is going to a Future Stud and Pro-Bowler. And our combination of Clayton-Williams-Mason has to be in the top half of the league.

ChefMike
09-05-2007, 12:00 AM
D-Will is going to a Future Stud and Pro-Bowler. And our combination of Clayton-Williams-Mason has to be in the top half of the league.

Lets see that production on the field... Too often great players on paper given too many chances... Clearance Moore anyone ? Not saying D-Will won't be good but I would not go as far as saying future Pro-Bowler nor is our combo of our Top 3 any better right now then average. Mason is on the downside and Clayton is legit.. D-Will needs to prove he can be more then just a deep threat to give him that identity that WR's get when a D-Co has to base his game plan around a Teams Passing game. Still most teams are more worried about our defense scoring then our offense !

Shere Khan
09-05-2007, 01:12 AM
No one said hes the next Moss, I said he is comparable to Randy Moss, skill set/body type/ they way he plays etc Obviously he isnt as good as Randy Moss.

you might as well....since youre comparing him to Moss and everything.

skill set, body type, the way he plays.....I mean, what else is there?

Except the PT, starter status and TD ratio.

you all are also annoiting him as a pro bowl player....I mean...thats kinda laughable. Thats like me claiming Ahmad Brooks is comparable to Brian Urlacher and saying hell be in the pro bowl in 2 seasons.
I know we're all excited about the potential of our players, but we should take a wait and see approach.

you guys are to defense what we are to offense.

Don't get caught up on semantics....it sounds like youre backtracking to me.

ccB
09-05-2007, 08:22 AM
Why is that stupid? Do we not compare prospects to NFL players all the time? Scott Wright compares Colt Brennan to Phillip Rivers, that doesnt mean Brennan is going to come in and perform right away, it just means his game resembles Rivers. Jamarcus Russell has been compared to John Elway does that mean he will no doubt be a HOF-er one day? No it doesnt it just means his game resembles Russells. Does that mean we should compare young players to ****** players since they havent had a chance to show what they have yet?

Shere Khan
09-05-2007, 10:14 AM
Why is that stupid? Do we not compare prospects to NFL players all the time? Scott Wright compares Colt Brennan to Phillip Rivers, that doesnt mean Brennan is going to come in and perform right away, it just means his game resembles Rivers. Jamarcus Russell has been compared to John Elway does that mean he will no doubt be a HOF-er one day? No it doesnt it just means his game resembles Russells. Does that mean we should compare young players to ****** players since they havent had a chance to show what they have yet?

I didn't call it stupid......just so we're clear.

Like I said, I come in peace (until MNF).

You're right, people do compare prospects to NFL players all the time.
I have no problem with that.

I dunno, it seemed at the time that to compare him to the Randy Moss of old seemed a little overboard, I'm just saying....
Moss was BY FAR the best WR during that stretch--and to say your player is on the level of one of the best WR's of all time was a tad bit hasty, yao-ming?

I mean, from the little I've seen of D. Williams, he seems to hibernate most of the game, then explode for a couple long balls. Then again, I haven't seen that much of him.