PDA

View Full Version : I come in Peace !

ChefMike
09-04-2007, 12:49 PM
Ok I want to get a take on what the Steeler Nation is thinking of your new Coach ? Is he managing the Team well ? Is he making good personnel moves on the field ? How is taking to the Fans ?

I am a huge Ravens Fan but I respect the other Teams in our division and always root for them when they are not playing The Ravens ! Anyone that can beat the Colts, Pats, Chargers, Redskins, Eagles are ok in my book, even if your from Pittsburgh !

Man_Of_Steel
09-04-2007, 12:55 PM
Personally I love Tomlin. I think the change was needed and we by far got the best availiable coach. Kiffen is destroying Oakland throwing away all the vets, Cameron and Phillips just dont impress me and so on. Back to Tomlin, he is preaching physicality which is always great. Roethlisberger gets along well with him, with his newly found confidence and simplized playbook Roethlisberger looks to be in for a great season. He is shaking things up quite abit but he looks to have already gained the respect of his players.

Mr. Stiller
09-04-2007, 01:37 PM
Personally I love Tomlin. I think the change was needed and we by far got the best availiable coach. Kiffen is destroying Oakland throwing away all the vets, Cameron and Phillips just dont impress me and so on. Back to Tomlin, he is preaching physicality which is always great. Roethlisberger gets along well with him, with his newly found confidence and simplized playbook Roethlisberger looks to be in for a great season. He is shaking things up quite abit but he looks to have already gained the respect of his players.

Agreed..

With what he said..

Tomlin is preaching Physicality and Versatility. Our offense looks like It might actually utilize its weapons this year (Parker/Davenport/Russell, Holmes/Ward/Wilson/Washington, Miller/Spaeth)

On the defensive side of the ball.. LaMarr Woodley is going to be a stud. He's making Timmons his personal project and they're finally getting time to work him in at ILB. His natural position in our defense. With him and LeBeau cutting loose.. We have Keisel, Timmons and Polamalu who are going to cause a lot of trouble over the next couple of years. I noticed in the Green Bay game. We caused 8 straight 3 and outs. Our defense, especially our secondary is looking to step up and it's about time.

ChefMike
09-05-2007, 12:12 AM
Well I am not going to worry about the Steelers, because I know the Ravens will win the games against them this year easily, but I might be concerned about your young talent on Offense past Holmes and Big Ben. Need to spend some time on that side of the ball in the off season and put some pieces around Big Ben if you want to take advantage of his big arm, gamer mentality and winning pedigree. I am just not sold on Parker as an everydown back with a long life span. It would be nice to see them draft as well on Offense the next few off seasons and give the Ravens a run for their money. Our Division is going to get REALLY competitive over the next few years with Cleveland improving its Talent and Cincy having the Talent they already have, and Baltimore always drafts well.. so Pittsburgh needs to step its game up in the draft overall ! Lets see how the NEW ball coach does with that !

EdReedUnstoppable
09-05-2007, 12:22 AM
Well I am not going to worry about the Steelers, because I know the Ravens will win the games against them this year easily, but I might be concerned about your young talent on Offense past Holmes and Big Ben. Need to spend some time on that side of the ball in the off season and put some pieces around Big Ben if you want to take advantage of his big arm, gamer mentality and winning pedigree. I am just not sold on Parker as an everydown back with a long life span. It would be nice to see them draft as well on Offense the next few off seasons and give the Ravens a run for their money. Our Division is going to get REALLY competitive over the next few years with Cleveland improving its Talent and Cincy having the Talent they already have, and Baltimore always drafts well.. so Pittsburgh needs to step its game up in the draft overall ! Lets see how the NEW ball coach does with that !

Hahaha, wow not too homerish at all. It aint gonna be like last year we aint gonna just roll over the Steelers, its gonna be hard fought games and we'll prolly split the season series.

Shere Khan
09-05-2007, 12:38 PM
Nobody knows what to expect from the Steelers this year.

Tomlin seems like a cool guy though.
I'll say THAT much.....

mikehop05
09-05-2007, 01:06 PM
Hahaha, wow not too homerish at all. It aint gonna be like last year we aint gonna just roll over the Steelers, its gonna be hard fought games and we'll prolly split the season series.

yeah i dont think itll be like last year...

usually the ravens - steelers game are my favorite games to watch every year, the physicality, the hard hits, these games are usually just on a whole new level

last year sucked, i dont think you all will slaughter us again, however, barring injury, i see you all taking both games from us in the regular season

skarocksoi
09-05-2007, 02:02 PM
I could easily see us splitting the series between us. And I agree, the Steelers-Ravens games are the best to watch every year. The game in Pittsburgh last year was basically a Ravens highlight reel with some of the hits you guys were laying out.