Boston
01-14-2007, 07:25 PM
Go Colts.

ninerfan
01-14-2007, 07:26 PM
Pats know Peyton too well so I reckon its the Pats by 10

Paul
01-14-2007, 07:27 PM
I felt bad for LT, I wanted to see him win it all for the perfect season.

But I'll take the Pats on this one, just for the mere fact I like the Pats.

The Unseen
01-14-2007, 07:28 PM
My very inner being despises Indianapolis.

4pAc
Colts because they are in IND and they have Vinateri

4pAc
My very inner being despises Indianapolis.you know you despise Belichick's face more

Namy
01-14-2007, 07:31 PM
It depends. If the Colts D can show up again, they will win. Also, in the RCA Dome, the Colts are a completely different team offensively. I believe the Colts have won twice in a row now against the Pats, so altho they haven't beaten Bellichik in the post season yet, at least it won't be as daunting of a task as it would've been a couple years ago.

Jonathan_VIlma
01-14-2007, 07:33 PM
Two teams I despise. Go Colts.

I think I hate Belichick and Brady more then Manning.

yodabear
01-14-2007, 07:33 PM
I had Colts-Chargers as the ship, since I actually had them, I'll take the Colts.

Paul
01-14-2007, 07:36 PM
So how many times do you think will we hear about Peyton Manning Vs. 3-4 defense this week.

at0micfly
01-14-2007, 07:36 PM
Isn't everyone sick of the terms playoffs and patriots.......

Anyway, im going for the colts because Peyton has to win one eventually (or indeed, get in one eventually), Brady and co have already got plenty

If the colts win (the superbowl), it will be a big celebration in that locker room.

If the pats win, it will just be like 'put them with the rest'

stop hogging the glory patriots!!!

sweetness34
01-14-2007, 07:38 PM
Why does everyone think that the winner of the AFC is just going to trounce over the winner of the NFC? I beg to differ on that. We played with the Pats, on the road, after 2 straight road games out East and who knows what Colts defense is going to show up week in and week out.

Btw, I'm going to say the Colts. I hate em but we need some new blood in the SB this year, plus I like Manning a lot.

Paul
01-14-2007, 07:39 PM
If the colts win (the superbowl), it will be a big celebration in that locker room.

Hmm...really?

eazyb81
01-14-2007, 07:40 PM
Colts will win on Vinatieri's game winning FG.

BuffaloDraftGeek
It sickens me to see this **** year in and year out. The patriots played a horrible game. They were by far the inferior team. They won off of questionable personal fouls, balls falling into the patriots laps, fumbled punts, and fumbled interceptions. No way in hell the patriots deserve to be there. And the worst thing of all, they're gonna win again. I swear they have god himself on their side.

ny10804
I have, to an extent, violated a Man Law.

Assuming the game was over at halftime, I went downstairs to study for my Physics exam. When I was done, I went to my computer, went to this forum, saw this thread, and thought -- I hope it wasn't a thriller.

Was it?

eazyb81
01-14-2007, 07:43 PM

Assuming the game was over at halftime, I went downstairs to study for my Physics exam. When I was done, I went to my computer, went to this forum, saw this thread, and thought -- I hope it wasn't a thriller.

Was it?

Right there with ya; I missed all but the last 6 minutes because I was working on an essay for school.

Boston
01-14-2007, 07:43 PM

Was it?

One could say that.

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
01-14-2007, 07:44 PM
Why does everyone think that the winner of the AFC is just going to trounce over the winner of the NFC? I beg to differ on that. We played with the Pats, on the road, after 2 straight road games out East and who knows what Colts defense is going to show up week in and week out.

Btw, I'm going to say the Colts. I hate em but we need some new blood in the SB this year, plus I like Manning a lot.

I actually think now the NFC has a shot. I thought they'd get out physicaled (especially the Saints), but that was when I thought it would be by the Ravens or Chargers. If the Colts make it, they'll just have to out-finesse the Saints, if the Saints make it. If the Bears make it against the Colts, then obviously alot will depend on both defenses. Patriots-Bears? Good old tough, manly football. Would be a goooood game.

NIN1984
01-14-2007, 07:44 PM
Colts are going to the Super Bowl

sweetness34
01-14-2007, 07:45 PM
It sickens me to see this *********** year in and year out. The patriots played a horrible game. They were by far the inferior team. They won off of questionable personal fouls, balls falling into the patriots laps, fumbled punts, and fumbled interceptions. No way in hell the patriots deserve to be there. And the worst thing of all, they're gonna win again. I swear they have god himself on their side.

This game has a funny way of deciding games sometimes. Sure San Diego should have won but they didn't.

Hell, we shouldn't have won the game down in Arizona on MNF, but we did. Teams just have to make plays to win the game, and San Diego didn't do that in the end.

01-14-2007, 07:45 PM
It sickens me to see this *********** year in and year out. The patriots played a horrible game. They were by far the inferior team. They won off of questionable personal fouls, balls falling into the patriots laps, fumbled punts, and fumbled interceptions. No way in hell the patriots deserve to be there. And the worst thing of all, they're gonna win again. I swear they have god himself on their side.

It's why they play the game. SD made more mistakes at bad times, plain and simple.

Ace
01-14-2007, 07:47 PM
Colts has held there own against the Pats for the past 2 or so games against them. So I would say the Colts win this one. Manning might not be the next Marino afterall.

Dam8610
01-14-2007, 07:48 PM
C'mon people, where are the doubters? Please doubt the Colts. Please.

01-14-2007, 07:52 PM
Colts has held there own against the Pats for the past 2 or so games against them. So I would say the Colts win this one. Manning might not be the next Marino afterall.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmnYtt2ziYs

KCJ58
01-14-2007, 07:56 PM
I hope they destroy the patriots and run up the scoreboard final score 87-24

yodabear
01-14-2007, 07:57 PM
New England Patriots @ Indianapolis Colts
I think this is the year for Peyton Manning. The pressure has not been on him. The Colts were not the favorite. The Colts didn't have that attitude of super bowl or bust. Now this year being the #3 seed, it wasn't Colts:if you lose, this year is a disappointment. The Colts defense has really stept up this playoffs, and I am suprised. We all know about the struggles against the Patriots he has had in the past, but he has beat them the last couple of times, the last one being in Foxborough earlier this year. This year, its at Peyton's house, and I think he has it. In fact, I think this is Peyton's year. Just like how it was the Cardinals year in baseball. Being so close over the years, but then losing it, but the Colts, are the team I got.
Prediction:Colts 31, Patriots 21

Ace
01-14-2007, 08:10 PM

That look that Marino gave him after he said all of that was priceless. :lol:

Damn shame that he didn't get a ring though. One of many professional sport players who deserves a ring.

Zim3031
01-14-2007, 08:28 PM
What a wonderful, refreshing matchup between two new and exciting teams that nobody has seen a whole lot of. :|

Jay
01-14-2007, 08:35 PM

Thanks!! Allows me to see:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alqBBSlDwKw&NR

01-14-2007, 08:44 PM
So because he said bolsomed over blossomed he threw a tantrum

Sounds like something a Manning would do

MaxV
01-14-2007, 09:25 PM
New England Patriots @ Indianapolis Colts
I think this is the year for Peyton Manning. The pressure has not been on him. The Colts were not the favorite. The Colts didn't have that attitude of super bowl or bust. Now this year being the #3 seed, it wasn't Colts:if you lose, this year is a disappointment. The Colts defense has really stept up this playoffs, and I am suprised. We all know about the struggles against the Patriots he has had in the past, but he has beat them the last couple of times, the last one being in Foxborough earlier this year. This year, its at Peyton's house, and I think he has it. In fact, I think this is Peyton's year. Just like how it was the Cardinals year in baseball. Being so close over the years, but then losing it, but the Colts, are the team I got.
Prediction:Colts 31, Patriots 21

I hope this will be yet another of Yoda's prediction that will come true.

I will be absolutely on the edge of my seat for that game. I hope the Colts get it done.

Shiver
01-14-2007, 09:28 PM
This is the last game I wanted. This is just playing into the media's hands. What would be even worse is a Peyton Manning/Colts versus the Saints.

BallinJets51
01-14-2007, 09:34 PM
Looking at the Colts defense lately, they have been producing the best defensive threat. But the Patriots offensive unit have been productive as well. The way P.Manning has been playing it's pretty obvious that it's going to be another chess match.

Ho0k Em'
01-14-2007, 09:37 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijPvOmBSg8s&mode=related&search=

I saw this on the side and though it was funny so I thought I'd post it

Jimmy
01-14-2007, 09:42 PM
there is no question that the pats will win. THEY ARE THE FREAKIN PATS. This sport will have lost all suspsense and interst if the pats win again though. im sorry. Im a bad sport. **** me sideways. Its a damn broken record of marylin mason featuring william hung and jimmy buffett.... and wow, congrats golden boy, you won another, why dont we just build a dam shrine of you and coach saving a freakin dog from a burning car

oh also, teddy bruschi, he has to make atleast 30 tackles a game and announce he is playing with alzheimers and a broken spine.

bernbabybern820
01-14-2007, 09:45 PM
read sig

SuperMcGee
01-14-2007, 10:40 PM
I will snap if New England wins

Shiver
01-14-2007, 10:48 PM
New England has it. Is it even a question? You have one side which has probably 2nd all-time in terms of clutch coach/QB combo, versus a coach/QB combo that are best known for under achievement.

Komp
01-14-2007, 10:56 PM
I think Indy's defense has been playing over its head and reality will set in a week. Baltimore let Indy off the hook by only rushing Jamal Lewis 13 times, and I think Indy will see almost that many carries from both Maroney and Dillon on Sunday. Asante Samuel ressurects visions of Ty Law and the Pats win 24-13.

PalmerToCJ
01-14-2007, 11:40 PM
Hard to believe that Manning-Brady face off after being so lackluster the past few weeks. Granted Brady took them to the W but you'd think they would be carrying their teams to this point and that's not the case.

You can say the Colts D has been playing over their head but Peyton hasn't been playing good either so they could switch roles and still get the W.

Peyton needs to step it up though, I love this matchup.

SuperMcGee
01-14-2007, 11:42 PM
This is the last game I wanted. This is just playing into the media's hands. What would be even worse is a Peyton Manning/Colts versus the Saints.

I'd take a Manning storyline over a Patriots dynasty storyline every single time

01-14-2007, 11:47 PM
I honestly believe that NE has the only chance to stop Indy

But if theyre defense starts playing "normal" again well then everyone but Oakland could beat them

smittyjs
01-14-2007, 11:48 PM
I could care less, hate both of these teams.

a-dub83
01-14-2007, 11:50 PM
How ironic would it be if Adam V kicked the winning field goal? I really don't hope it comes to that. Hopefully P Manning and co get going early and get a good lead. Our defense has finally showed up when it matters and I expect them to step up big time especially for the Pats.

01-14-2007, 11:51 PM
Great sig man

dre1614
01-15-2007, 12:04 AM
How ironic would it be if Adam V kicked the winning field goal? I really don't hope it comes to that. Hopefully P Manning and co get going early and get a good lead. Our defense has finally showed up when it matters and I expect them to step up big time especially for the Pats.

true, but you could also look at it the other way, how ironic would it be if he missed it?

man Belichick would look like an even bigger genius for getting rid of him and replacing him with a rookie.

Or how about Gostkowski making the winning field goal?

lol

01-15-2007, 12:06 AM
or how about vinatieri kicking the ball out of boundsafter the colts just scored with 1:00 on the clock

steelersfan43
01-15-2007, 12:07 AM
Colts win 27-21.

P-L
01-15-2007, 01:50 AM
What would really be ironic is if Vinatieri missed a game winning FG as time expired. But obviously, I don't expect that to happen. I really like how the Colts have played this post season. But I really like how Brady has played every post season. Tough call.

Shiver
01-15-2007, 01:58 AM
As I said prior to the Chargers' game. I will never bet against the Patriots, especially in this match-up, the odds suck. Although I will mention one thing pro-Colts; 1994 NFCCG, Steve Young got "the monkey [Dallas] off his back."

toonsterwu
01-15-2007, 03:32 AM
I very much think I should pick the Colts. Their defense is playing well.

But I started the playoffs thinking Patriots/Saints for the Super Bowl, and I'll stick with both of my picks. For all the talk that I've seen about the Patriots potentially running more against the Colts, I expect them to spread it out a lot. The offense has been playing, overall, fairly well down the stretch of the year, with guys getting fit into roles. I think spreading it out allows them to limit the speed of the Colts D. There will be a healthy amount of DIllon/Maroney/Faulk mixed in, but I'd look for this game to be put in Brady's capable hands.

It'll be a tough matchup for the Patriots D, though. This D lacks speed, and if the Colts OL can protect, Peyton should be able to exploit. Addai/Rhodes is a solid combo, but the Patriots DL is playing fairly well, and it's protecting a suspect LB crew. I wouldn't be surprised to see Belichick drop into coverages to protect his back 7, if the DL starts off the game well enough in it's ability to hold the line.

At the end of the day, Dungy's a good coach, but Belichick is better, and that might be the edge the Patriots needs. Of course, the difference may be Vinatieri. THis is a different game from earlier in the year, as the teams have changed. I like a close contest, perhaps something like 24-21.

ElectricEye
01-15-2007, 03:38 AM
I have to pick the Patriots, even though I am completely and totally biased on this issue.
But I will say this. There is something about the Tom Brady/Manning thing that goes beyond what numbers and statistical anylisis are capable of explaining. I don't beleive in any form of predetermined destiny, or fatalism, and really anything of that nature..but I'm just not sure Peyton Manning is supposed to win a Superbowl.

01-15-2007, 07:53 AM
I honestly believe that NE has the only chance to stop Indy

But if theyre defense starts playing "normal" again well then everyone but Oakland could beat them

Really? Is that why they went 12-4? :roll:

indyfan1985
01-15-2007, 09:23 PM
Pats know Peyton too well so I reckon its the Pats by 10

You could say the same thing for the Colts and that they know Brady too well so anything can happen. This is definately a GREAT rivalry game. I CAN'T WAIT!!!

AZ9er
01-15-2007, 11:13 PM
36-31 COLTS.

01-15-2007, 11:19 PM
I don't like the fact the Colts are winning this poll.

Dam8610
01-15-2007, 11:26 PM
I don't like the fact the Colts are winning this poll.

Agreed. It's unsettling.

njx9
01-15-2007, 11:28 PM
colts. i've stuck with them this far in the face of the million and one "baltimroe will kill them lolz" people who last week thought that baltimore had an offense and through the first week when people actually thought kansas city had a team. either way, go peyton. get a ring.

Shiver
01-15-2007, 11:31 PM
Man, 60%? Are you kidding me? I think if money were on the line, few would vote for Indianapolis. :lol: Indianapolis very well may win, but history says otherwise.

Dam8610
01-15-2007, 11:38 PM
Man, 60%? Are you kidding me? I think if money were on the line, few would vote for Indianapolis. :lol: Indianapolis very well may win, but history says otherwise.

History would have said that the Pats would beat Denver last year, and that KC would beat Indy 2 weeks ago.

Shiver
01-15-2007, 11:43 PM

History would have said that the Pats would beat Denver last year, and that KC would beat Indy 2 weeks ago.

How so?

Dam8610
01-15-2007, 11:53 PM

How so?

Well, prior to last year, the Patriots had never lost in the playoffs with Tom Brady starting at QB, and prior to 2 weeks ago, the Colts had never won a game in which Peyton Manning threw 3 INTs.

njx9
01-16-2007, 12:43 AM
^^^ and denver hadn't won in the playoffs without elway.

johbur
01-16-2007, 02:27 AM
Home game for Colts=Victory.

The Unseen
01-16-2007, 06:14 AM

How so?

Well, prior to last year, the Patriots had never lost in the playoffs with Tom Brady starting at QB, and prior to 2 weeks ago, the Colts had never won a game in which Peyton Manning threw 3 INTs.

There's a difference. We didn't know that Manning would throw 3 INTs before the game. Of course, we all knew about their run defense, so that's probably a better example.

RCAChainGang
01-16-2007, 09:21 PM
Well I think the Colts will win. Has anyone noticed that every year Peyton "chokes" he has no D to back him up? Brady has had the best D in the league and everyone gives him so much praise. Yeah, he won the superbowl he did very well, but Peyton is not the reason the colts lost to them. I love the Manning vs. Brady matchup. Has anyone noticed we have played in Gillette the last like 5 meetings? Now it's in the RCA dome. For the record the Colts are undefeated at home this year. We beat the Patriots the last two meetings IN GILLETTE! That's hard to do, but in the RCA dome I think it will be a 10 point game for the colts. I think the colts will win because Brady and Manning's defenses are actually in the same league this year, and the fact that it's in the RCA dome overwhelmingly puts this game in Mannings favor.

Through all the years Mannings D has been insufficient. The two defenses are in the same league because the Patriots D has gotten significantly worse, as well as the colts D. This will make the game much more balanced and put more pressure on the offensive side of the ball which is perfect for the Colts.

The past years the Colts have lost to the Pats in Gillette which is understandable. The fact that the Colts have the homefield advantage puts pressure on Brady for once. Manning plays much better at home and it is understandable, because all QBs do. This gives the Colts a great advantage.

I hate the Pats because of Tom Brady and Bill Belichick. Tom Brady always tries to act like the underdog. He always says something like, "no one expected much of us this week" Everyone expected great from you this week!!! You won the superbowl 3 times!

Bill Belichick is the worst sore loser ever. He says nothing he just mumbles to the media after the games he loses.

This shows why I beleive the Colts will win and it shows why I hate the Pats so much.

This doesnt mean Brady isnt a good QB and same with Bill Belichick, but I hate the way they act.

tylaw24
01-17-2007, 07:00 AM
Well I think the Colts will win. Has anyone noticed that every year Peyton "chokes" he has no D to back him up? Brady has had the best D in the league and everyone gives him so much praise. Yeah, he won the superbowl he did very well, but Peyton is not the reason the colts lost to them. I love the Manning vs. Brady matchup. Has anyone noticed we have played in Gillette the last like 5 meetings? Now it's in the RCA dome. For the record the Colts are undefeated at home this year. We beat the Patriots the last two meetings IN GILLETTE! That's hard to do, but in the RCA dome I think it will be a 10 point game for the colts. I think the colts will win because Brady and Manning's defenses are actually in the same league this year, and the fact that it's in the RCA dome overwhelmingly puts this game in Mannings favor.

Through all the years Mannings D has been insufficient. The two defenses are in the same league because the Patriots D has gotten significantly worse, as well as the colts D. This will make the game much more balanced and put more pressure on the offensive side of the ball which is perfect for the Colts.

The past years the Colts have lost to the Pats in Gillette which is understandable. The fact that the Colts have the homefield advantage puts pressure on Brady for once. Manning plays much better at home and it is understandable, because all QBs do. This gives the Colts a great advantage.

I hate the Pats because of Tom Brady and Bill Belichick. Tom Brady always tries to act like the underdog. He always says something like, "no one expected much of us this week" Everyone expected great from you this week!!! You won the superbowl 3 times!

Bill Belichick is the worst sore loser ever. He says nothing he just mumbles to the media after the games he loses.

This shows why I beleive the Colts will win and it shows why I hate the Pats so much.

This doesnt mean Brady isnt a good QB and same with Bill Belichick, but I hate the way they act.

A few players decide to dance on the field after the game is won and suddenly Bill Belichick is the most classless person to ever coach in the NFL. There is a reason he says nothing to the media. . He HATES them.

And the two defences aren't "on the same level"! The Patriots have given up the fewest points in franchise history this season. The Colts run defence is a joke.

njx9
01-17-2007, 08:36 AM
A few players decide to dance on the field after the game is won and suddenly Bill Belichick is the most classless person to ever coach in the NFL. There is a reason he says nothing to the media. . He HATES them.

do you think this is the only time people have thought belichick was classless?

And the two defences aren't "on the same level"! The Patriots have given up the fewest points in franchise history this season. The Colts run defence is a joke.

franchise history isn't necessarily a meaningful debate. and the colts "joke" of a run defense has allowed 23 less points thus far in the postseason, including holding a team with one of the better running attacks in the NFL to 8 points. so yeah, wonderful points all around.

tylaw24
01-17-2007, 10:12 AM
Are you freakin serious njx?? The guy said that the Patriots and the Colts have evened up in defence. I think the fact that the Pats have allowed the fewest points scored against them during their existence in the NFL is a perfectly good point/indicator of the red zone D they have developed.

No I don't think this is only time Belichick has been considered classless. I take offense when people suggest that Bill 'ordered' the players to go dance in the middle as the FG sailed through the air. People are only saying these things because LT went off about it.

I've seen plenty of Colts fans on this board complain about the Run D all season long. They have played 2 outstanding game thus far, but a whole season of Colt's defence was compared to the Patriot's and I thought that I'd speak up.

DeathbyStat
01-17-2007, 02:40 PM
I really want the Colts win but I got to go with the Pats.

Manning has been awfull in the playoffs so far he practically tried his hardest to give playoff victories to the chiefs and ravens.

Plus I still don't trust the Colts defense.

With that being said GO COLTS!

jetsfan3
01-17-2007, 05:57 PM

I know, but that's Tom Brady. He lives the dream. At the beginning of the game, there was a pass that got tipped and went right the the S hands. Any other QB would have that be picked, but not Brady. When you throw a pick on fourth down, only Tom Brady gets that fumble and another chance. It sucks.

01-17-2007, 06:34 PM
Are you freakin serious njx?? The guy said that the Patriots and the Colts have evened up in defence. I think the fact that the Pats have allowed the fewest points scored against them during their existence in the NFL is a perfectly good point/indicator of the red zone D they have developed.

I thought the playoffs were the only thing that mattered? That's the arguement the Patriots fans always seem to use when talking about the Colts or Manning.

Tubby
01-17-2007, 06:43 PM
Only Josh Brown knows the outcome of this game

ndctu1138
01-18-2007, 02:53 PM
The Patriots will lose to the Colts on a last second Adam Vinatieri field goal. Count on it.

nyjetsguy27
01-18-2007, 07:20 PM
brady will play better, the defense will play good as usual. pats in a close one

RCAChainGang
01-18-2007, 10:28 PM

No I don't think this is only time Belichick has been considered classless. I take offense when people suggest that Bill 'ordered' the players to go dance in the middle as the FG sailed through the air. People are only saying these things because LT went off about it.

I've seen plenty of Colts fans on this board complain about the Run D all season long. They have played 2 outstanding game thus far, but a whole season of Colt's defence was compared to the Patriot's and I thought that I'd speak up.

First of all. I have always hated Bill Belichick! The reference I was making was in the playoffs when the Patriots lost to the Broncos last year Bill Belichick was the worst sport ever. I hate his attitude. That makes him classless.

On the other hand Tony Dungy loses on a last second field goal that was misses and he came out with a smile hugged Bill Cohwer and congradulated him. He told the media that he was lookming forward to next season. THAT IS CLASS! Not oh well we lose Im gonna just put my head down and mumble.

The colts and pats D is not similar at all. The colts D is terrible, but the Pats D IMO isnt what they were a few years ago. What im saying is I think Manning can exploit this D. Maybe not the one of a few years ago, but this one he can. Now Brady is always going to exploit our D. The D's arnt close in skill but the Pats D is more vonurable than they used to be.

Im not just all the sudden saying this because of the Chargers game Ive thought this for years. I never once made a reference to the Chargers game. When I saw that I just smiled because I already knew thats what they were.

njx9
01-18-2007, 10:37 PM
has anyone else predicted a total shootout yet (if so, we'll pretend i qft'ed you)? i'm thinking like, 42-38 indy.

RCAChainGang
01-18-2007, 10:44 PM
has anyone else predicted a total shootout yet (if so, we'll pretend i qft'ed you)? i'm thinking like, 42-38 indy.

See thats what I say somethin high.... mybe not that high but high.

Peyton won't be shut down by this D. Neither will Brady by our D.

tylaw24
01-19-2007, 12:25 AM

First of all. I have always hated Bill Belichick! The reference I was making was in the playoffs when the Patriots lost to the Broncos last year Bill Belichick was the worst sport ever. I hate his attitude. That makes him classless.

On the other hand Tony Dungy loses on a last second field goal that was misses and he came out with a smile hugged Bill Cohwer and congradulated him. He told the media that he was lookming forward to next season. THAT IS CLASS! Not oh well we lose Im gonna just put my head down and mumble.

The colts and pats D is not similar at all. The colts D is terrible, but the Pats D IMO isnt what they were a few years ago. What im saying is I think Manning can exploit this D. Maybe not the one of a few years ago, but this one he can. Now Brady is always going to exploit our D. The D's arnt close in skill but the Pats D is more vonurable than they used to be.

Im not just all the sudden saying this because of the Chargers game Ive thought this for years. I never once made a reference to the Chargers game. When I saw that I just smiled because I already knew thats what they were.

I understand were you are coming from on the post-game comments after the Broncos playoffs game. Belichick did seem like a classless person in his press conference. You have to understand though that Dungy and Belichick are two different people with different views. Belichick works hard the minute the game is over to prepare for the next game. Thats why you hear all his players, and himself saying "our focus is on (insert team here)" and we are taking it one game a a time.

He wants the W so bad that when the media gets up in his face he is bitter and angry. Add to the fact that he hates the media (like I said before), plus the heat of the moment makes him say things that he wouldn't normally say. The same thing happened to LT when he was carried away with all the "disrespect" he was feeling. The only difference is that LT was saying the same s*** the next day.

Dungy accepted defeat in a close game against the Steelers and went out and congratulated Cowher. Belichick didn't go out into the middle of the field and spit in the face of Shanahan. He shook his hand and walked away.

I know that I can't change your opinion on the Pats, but you can at least try and understand that Bill has had bad experiences with the media and his actions during press conferences are majorly influenced by his history with them.

dcrls
01-19-2007, 01:20 PM
wll im sure y'all heard of whatifsports, and so i simulate NE/IND

http://whatifsports.com/nfl/boxscore.asp?GameID=2442771&ad=1

tylaw24
01-20-2007, 07:34 AM

Nah i've never heard of this site. When i simulated it, the score was preety damn close, like 40-38 in favor of the Pats.

01-20-2007, 08:34 AM

I also just simmed a game where the Cardinals beat the Colts. Take that for what its worth.

tylaw24
01-20-2007, 10:00 AM

I also just simmed a game where the Cardinals beat the Colts. Take that for what its worth.

Lol I tried Cards vs Colts too and got a win for Arizona. Craziness.

Iamcanadian
01-20-2007, 01:02 PM
NE in an easy win. Dungy and Payton simply cannot beat Indy in the playoffs and nothing will be different this year. The winner of this game should win the Super Bowl in a walk. NO has a shot but are too inexperienced, Chicago is fried rice unless by a miricle, Indy wins, then they have a shot.

bearsfan_51
01-20-2007, 01:04 PM
NE in an easy win. Dungy and Payton simply cannot beat Indy in the playoffs and nothing will be different this year. The winner of this game should win the Super Bowl in a walk. NO has a shot but are too inexperienced, Chicago is fried rice unless by a miricle, Indy wins, then they have a shot.
The Patriots beat us by 3 points, in New England, after we spent three straight weeks on the road with Grossman having a pretty awful game.

I would much much MUCH rather face the Patriots than the Colts.

Honestly I don't think either AFC team is much better than the NFC teams. San Diego and Baltimore are were the two dominant teams, and they both pissed down their legs.

Iamcanadian
01-20-2007, 02:05 PM
The Patriots beat us by 3 points, in New England, after we spent three straight weeks on the road with Grossman having a pretty awful game.

Honestly I don't think either AFC team is much better than the NFC teams. San Diego and Baltimore are were the two dominant teams, and they both pissed down their legs.

Check the records, it wasn't even close. However, I cannot blame a Bear's fan from hoping for the best. I'd think the same way if I was a Bear's fan but the reality is a different thing.

indyfan1985
01-20-2007, 04:09 PM
I cannot wait any longer for this game!! Only about 24 hours till kickoff, and the suspense is killing me! I am thinking that it will be a close game, which the Colts have had many during this season so it should help them out. I am hoping our secondary plays an outstanding game along with our run defense forcing Brady to throw passes under pressure and into tight coverage. My prediction for the score: Colts-27 Pats- 21

bearsfan_51
01-20-2007, 10:33 PM

Check the records, it wasn't even close. However, I cannot blame a Bear's fan from hoping for the best. I'd think the same way if I was a Bear's fan but the reality is a different thing.
I watched the whole game, it was close, losing by 3 points is close, no matter how you slice it.

01-20-2007, 10:34 PM
I hate them both but I will have to go with my gut which says NE. Brady will find a way to pull it out.

P-L
01-20-2007, 10:47 PM
Someone brought up a point on ESPN, what are the odds that Manning and Brady have three mediocre games in a row?

tylaw24
01-20-2007, 11:16 PM

I watched the whole game, it was close, losing by 3 points is close, no matter how you slice it.

Sorry to tell ya mate, but the Chicago - New England game ended with a 17-13 scoreline. That's a 4 point difference. Yes it was close, but a FG wouldn't have tied the game.

bearsfan_51
01-21-2007, 09:57 AM

Sorry to tell ya mate, but the Chicago - New England game ended with a 17-13 scoreline. That's a 4 point difference. Yes it was close, but a FG wouldn't have tied the game.
Whoops..you're correct. For whatever reason I was thinking 17-14. My point is that the Pats would be favorites, and they should be, but there's no reason to think the Bears-Saints can't beat the Colts-Pats. I think any matchup of the four would be a great game.

sweetness34
01-21-2007, 11:51 AM

Whoops..you're correct. For whatever reason I was thinking 17-14. My point is that the Pats would be favorites, and they should be, but there's no reason to think the Bears-Saints can't beat the Colts-Pats. I think any matchup of the four would be a great game.

And we had a shot at the end of the game to win it. It was a close game my friend. And it'd be interesting to face you guys in the SB for a 2nd time this season.

Btw, I don't want the Pats to win, but I just have a feeling that the magic is going to continue.

Pats - 27
Colts - 20

I know I know, but I've gotta pick who I think is going to win this game, and that is the Pats, unfortunately.

Philliez01
01-21-2007, 03:01 PM
Seriously, I have not felt good this whole three weeks of playoffs action and this week was the most slow and painful week I have ever endured. The Colts just do this to me every year since I can remember. I have faint memories of Jim Harbaugh getting sacked and the Hail Mary in '95.

Damix
01-21-2007, 05:21 PM
Bigger thread: This one or NFC Champ thread?

tylaw24
01-21-2007, 05:24 PM

Well done! You can count! A+ for you

Damix
01-21-2007, 05:27 PM

Well done! You can count! A+ for you

Wow, I meant outcome, any idiot can tell that.

Brodeur
01-21-2007, 05:31 PM
Pats by 6 so I can be right on my Pats/Bears Superbowl pick at the beginning of the playoffs.

Basileus777
01-21-2007, 05:33 PM
I'm going with the Colts. Manning will have a good game today.

Canadian_kid16
01-21-2007, 05:36 PM
Go Colts, I hate the Patriots so much...

jetsfan3
01-21-2007, 05:40 PM
/\

Xonraider
01-21-2007, 05:42 PM
It is hard to pcik against the Patriots.. but I want the Colts to win because I want the Raiders HC over with now.

toonsterwu
01-21-2007, 05:44 PM
Should be an extremely interesting game. On the surface, it would seem that the Colts have the advantage, but I still have a hard time picking against the Patriots in such a scenario, as the team has, overall, been playing more consistent offense down the stretch. Will be interesting.

bernbabybern820
01-21-2007, 05:45 PM
brady misses his first throw

Brodeur
01-21-2007, 05:46 PM
Well, that was a nice call in hindsight.

jetsfan3
01-21-2007, 05:47 PM
Bill Bellichek and his ******* play calling and blocking schemes. It's gonna be an agonizing game.

GO COLTS

D UP

bernbabybern820
01-21-2007, 05:48 PM
why do i sense a semi blowout?

tylaw24
01-21-2007, 05:49 PM

Is there such a thing?

tylaw24
01-21-2007, 05:50 PM
Come on Intercept one Asante!!!!

bernbabybern820
01-21-2007, 05:50 PM

Is there such a thing?

umm probably not

edit: yay for being a veteran!

tylaw24
01-21-2007, 05:52 PM

Is there such a thing?

umm probably not

well done

Brodeur
What the hell was Bruschi doing covering Addai.

Basileus777
Colts fans showing their class again......

bernbabybern820
01-21-2007, 05:55 PM

Is there such a thing?

umm probably not

well done

much thanks

Canadian_kid16
01-21-2007, 05:58 PM
fudge, why are all the Colts getting hurt??

tylaw24
01-21-2007, 05:58 PM
Its obvious they are running at Brackett, look out for the deep ball here.

bernbabybern820
01-21-2007, 06:02 PM
playcalling is great for the pats right now

Basileus777
01-21-2007, 06:03 PM
Look at that improved Colts run D!

Its amazing how their defense reverts once they face a competent offense.

tylaw24
Go old man Dillon!

tylaw24
Look at that improved Colts run D!

Its amazing how their defense reverts once they face a competent offense.

well said

jetsfan3
01-21-2007, 06:05 PM
OMG
OMG
OGM IDIOTS

fubmle

bernbabybern820
OOOHHHH MMMMMYYYYYY :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

bearsfan_51
Wow.

That is a HUGE kick in the nuts.

jetsfan3
the colts will never win

Basileus777
Logan Mankins for 6! :lol:

Canadian_kid16
01-21-2007, 06:06 PM
WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWW
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWW

********** PATRIOTS!

tylaw24
MANKINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pokeys
HAHAHA! How about that play.

Smooth Criminal
Those are the kinds of plays that make me hate the Patriots. How can one team get so lucky.

Basileus777
That TD play was executed well.

bernbabybern820
01-21-2007, 06:07 PM
That TD play was executed well.

thats a well coached team.

Jay
01-21-2007, 06:07 PM
You can't stop Logan Mankins, you can only hope to contain him. :lol:

Canadian_kid16
01-21-2007, 06:08 PM
Those are the kinds of plays that make me hate the Patriots. How can one team get so lucky.

exactly my reason too, I want to see Peyton get a quick 6 here...

Zim3031
I don't understand how one team can be so unbelievablely lucky.

Basileus777

http://daddytypes.com/archive/lucky_charms_pillow.jpg

49ersfan_87
No luck. The ball was right there and three colts couldnt get it.

How can those defenders be so unbelievably stupid? Execute the damn play, idiots.

Basileus777
01-21-2007, 06:09 PM
If the Colts had just put in new sod that bounce would've gone the other way.....

Damix
01-21-2007, 06:12 PM
Samuel is a stud

tylaw24
You can't stop Logan Mankins, you can only hope to contain him. :lol:

Lol he's a beast!

Woody56
Samuel is nasty

jetsfan3
01-21-2007, 06:13 PM
If the Colts had just put in new sod that bounce would've gone the other way.....

It shouldn't have even come to that, there were 6 colts on top of the ball.

bernbabybern820
01-21-2007, 06:13 PM
how can peyton manning be so almost-always-perfect? :lol: :lol: :lol:

tylaw24
01-21-2007, 06:15 PM
how can peyton manning be so almost-always-perfect? :lol: :lol: :lol:

how can you think up so many ill combinations of words??

jetsfan3
01-21-2007, 06:16 PM
we need six right now

Xonraider
01-21-2007, 06:16 PM
1st down!

jetsfan3
01-21-2007, 06:17 PM
Holding - The penalty that the Patriots never commit.

Brodeur
01-21-2007, 06:18 PM
Hell of a play by Hobbs.

smittyjs
01-21-2007, 06:18 PM
Nice play :shock:

jetsfan3
01-21-2007, 06:19 PM
How come every single player on there team makes the big play? Every single player.

Zim3031
That was a poor throw by Manning, Wayne had enough separation to get the touchdown. Still a nice play though.

bernbabybern820
the colts o-linemen arent picking up the blitzers very well

Basileus777
01-21-2007, 06:20 PM
Samuel and Hobbes have been amazing so far.

tylaw24
01-21-2007, 06:21 PM
Nice quick 3 by the colts

tylaw24
01-21-2007, 06:23 PM
If Dillon can hold the ball this drive, he will kill so much clock it's not funny.

jetsfan3
01-21-2007, 06:23 PM
We need a stop.

remix 6
01-21-2007, 06:27 PM
We need a stop.

jets arent playing... :)

couldnt resist

tylaw24
01-21-2007, 06:27 PM
I sense a some crazy playcall like a WR end around.

jetsfan3
01-21-2007, 06:30 PM
We need a stop.

jets arent playing... :)

couldnt resist

It's ok I understand. When the opportunity comes you have to take it, I understand.

49ersfan_87
01-21-2007, 06:31 PM
Pats DB's have been playing great today.

I so want asante or ellis hobbs. I hope they both become FA's.

Basileus777
01-21-2007, 06:36 PM
Amazing what a few passes mixed in will do to that "improved" run defense.

jetsfan3
01-21-2007, 06:36 PM
Did I say I hate the Patriots?

tylaw24
01-21-2007, 06:37 PM
Pats DB's have been playing great today.

I so want asante or ellis hobbs. I hope they both become FA's.

You'll have your chance at Asante, unless we cough up some extra cash.

Zim3031
01-21-2007, 06:37 PM
Colts DB's are getting juked out by Corey Dillion.

they're screwed.

bernbabybern820
01-21-2007, 06:38 PM
Colts DB's are getting juked out by Corey Dillion.

they're screwed.

lol qft

bearsfan_51
That's a real good point. It's not hard to stop the run when Steve McNair is the opposing QB.

Xonraider
I just cant see the Pats losing this one

bernbabybern820
01-21-2007, 06:39 PM
que the peyton manning commercials

Basileus777
01-21-2007, 06:39 PM
That's a real good point. It's not hard to stop the run when Steve McNair is the opposing QB.

Or this year's version of Trent Green for that matter...

Watching this makes me want to put a bullet in Herm Edwards' head.

jetsfan3
01-21-2007, 06:42 PM
I WANT HIM ON THE JETS.

Brodeur
HAHAHAHA. YES!

bernbabybern820
uuhhhh ohh

Basileus777
LASER ROCKET ARM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

49ersfan_87
Theres the peyton we all know and love.

Woody56
Samuel makes more money with every play

Damix
Wow Asante Samuel

tylaw24
OMG ASANTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Xonraider
Wow...

Pit Bull #53
01-21-2007, 06:43 PM
I love it

Basileus777
Manning shouldn't even bother throwing to Harrison, he never shows up for playoff games anyways.

Harrison is worthless in the playoffs. He makes Manning look like Montana by comparison.

49ersfan_87
i really, REALLY, want asante samuel.

sdpads24
Patriots vs. Bears

bernbabybern820
01-21-2007, 06:44 PM
cue an asante samuel thread

jetsfan3
LASER ROCKET ARM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6'5 230 though. Don't forget about that. :lol:

ninerfan
Damn - Asante's stock continues to rise and its gonna cost the 9ers big $$$ to grab him now :x

man I love watchin the colts get bent over

Pokeys
No way the Pats let Samuel walk... That would be way to ********!

bernbabybern820
01-21-2007, 06:45 PM
this game is far from over

bearsfan_51
01-21-2007, 06:45 PM
Poor Peyton Manning.

Who has the rights to the Superbowl this year?

They're going to be pissed. No Hurricane Katrina story and no Peyton Manning story.

Well at least Tom Brady is pretty and Lovie Smith is black. :lol:

tylaw24
01-21-2007, 06:46 PM
Hear that? Thats the sound of Manning in the corner crying.

jetsfan3
01-21-2007, 06:46 PM
No way the Pats let Samuel walk... That would be way to dumb!

Why? They will get a guy just as good for a lot less money.

jkpigskin
01-21-2007, 06:47 PM
hear that?

i hear samuels bank ringing with money!

Basileus777
01-21-2007, 06:47 PM
Jesus, this is becoming an avalanche.

tylaw24
01-21-2007, 06:48 PM
hear that?

i hear samuels bank ringing with money!

Hes in the zone! has been for a while now

CM4
nice DANCE COLVIN...hmmm wait oh thats SHAUN PHILLIPS DANCE...

jetsfan3
MARVIN OMG YOURE SO BAD

bernbabybern820
01-21-2007, 06:49 PM
Manning shouldn't even bother throwing to Harrison, he never shows up for playoff games anyways.

Harrison is worthless in the playoffs. He makes Manning look like Montana by comparison.

you got that right

Zim3031
01-21-2007, 06:49 PM
say what you want about manning, but his team is not helping him at all today. Harrison has dissapeared.

Pokeys
01-21-2007, 06:50 PM

Like who?

remix 6
Harrison made a little contact with Samuel..and Samuel tipped it a little

jetsfan3
say what you want about manning, but his team is not helping him at all today. Harrison has dissapeared.

It's not Peyton, nor any of the other players. We all know who it is. TONY DUNGY. FIRE HIM ALREADY. WE'VE SEEN ENOUGH.

bernbabybern820

Like who?

its the patriots bud. they can do anything they want.

jetsfan3
01-21-2007, 06:51 PM

Like who?

I don't know, some guy they draft in the 5th round, Bellichek will turn him into a superstar, like they do with everyone.

Jay
Time to put them in a choke hold...

ninerfan
Teams just know how to play the colts now - ok sure they'll beat crap teams, ok teams and maybe a good team every so often but they cant beat great teams.

bernbabybern820
Harrison made a little contact with Samuel..and Samuel tipped it a little

there was no tip but harrison did get distracted my Samuel's arm in his face

CM4
01-21-2007, 06:52 PM
SD still bst team in NFL, this is making me sick watching this game.

bernbabybern820
01-21-2007, 06:53 PM

just stop

49ersfan_87
01-21-2007, 06:53 PM

They sure are. Thats why they are watching the game at home, right?

They arent the best. If they were, they would be playing today.

Vikes99ej
01-21-2007, 06:55 PM
Hey?!! Where are all the Colts fans?!!

CM4
01-21-2007, 06:55 PM
not true. A COUPLE FLUKE PLAYS. best team. Pats Bears boring superbowl, i think im just gojnna watch the senior bowl over and over 2 sundays from now instead of the upcoming superbowl

Brodeur
01-21-2007, 06:56 PM
not true. A COUPLE FLUKE PLAYS. best team. Pats Bears boring superbowl, i think im just gojnna watch the senior bowl over and over 2 sundays from now instead of the upcoming superbowl

Your loss.

Zim3031

Crying in the corner and burning their Tony Dungy effigies.

jetsfan3
The colts can't keep relying on penalties.

bernbabybern820

i like the colts

Xonraider
01-21-2007, 06:57 PM

The best team in the NFL wins the super bowl.

bernbabybern820
01-21-2007, 06:58 PM
Colts need to score. Now.

bearsfan_51
01-21-2007, 06:58 PM

Your loss.
I'm starting to see why nobody likes Chargers fans. I've never personally dealt with them so I didn't understand.

AlexDown
01-21-2007, 06:59 PM

Really?

bernbabybern820
01-21-2007, 06:59 PM
lol vinny t commercial

Jay
01-21-2007, 07:00 PM

Not always, but they are the champs. :lol:

Xonraider
01-21-2007, 07:01 PM

Really?

http://www.orlyowl.com/upload/files/YA-RLY.jpg

CM4
01-21-2007, 07:02 PM
bearsfan, i dindt know you can judge a fanbase of hundreds of thousands by the peopel you meet on this board. There is other people in the world, just get off your computer sometimes and go outside. Its okay.

Zim3031
01-21-2007, 07:02 PM
I don't understand why the colts are throwing the ball downfield every down, they have lots of time, why not dink and dunk a little?

CM4
01-21-2007, 07:03 PM
fan base of millions, my bad

Basileus777
Heh, those dumbass Indy fans think they still have a chance.

CM4
Manning needs to stop doing commercials and start winning playoff games.

bearsfan_51
01-21-2007, 07:04 PM
bearsfan, i dindt know you can judge a fanbase of hundreds of thousands by the peopel you meet on this board. There is other people in the world, just get off your computer sometimes and go outside. Its okay.
Clearly I meant Chargers fans on this board. But good one I guess.

Zim3031

i've seen bigger comebacks than an 18 point defecit

bernbabybern820

are

jetsfan3
01-21-2007, 07:05 PM
cmonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn colts

Basileus777
bearsfan, i dindt know you can judge a fanbase of hundreds by the peopel you meet on this board. There is other people in the world, just get off your computer sometimes and go outside. Its okay.

FYP

Zim3031
Marvin Harrison sighting.

bernbabybern820
01-21-2007, 07:06 PM

i've seen bigger comebacks than an 18 point defecit

indy gets the ball to start the second half as well

jetsfan3
01-21-2007, 07:07 PM
Peyton is so deadly in the hurry up. They should do this more often. The fact the Dungy is an idiot doesn't help there case however.

Zim3031
01-21-2007, 07:08 PM
Peyton is so deadly in the hurry up. They should do this more often. The fact the Dungy is an idiot doesn't help there case however.

It doesn't hurt that the Patriots are going soft in coverage and not blitzing anyone.

Zim3031
01-21-2007, 07:10 PM
Nice play call, a draw play with 20 seconds left.

jetsfan3
01-21-2007, 07:10 PM
Why are they running? And why is it Rhodes?

jetsfan3
01-21-2007, 07:11 PM
Penalty

Canadian_kid16
01-21-2007, 07:13 PM
Penalty

not really...

jetsfan3
01-21-2007, 07:13 PM
Penalty

not really...

I know but I'm desperate.

Pokeys
01-21-2007, 07:14 PM
Wayne tripped over his own feet. Dumb fans dont even know what they are booing at.

ks_perfection
The play before was definitly pass interference. The defender had his hand holding onto the defenders arm.

Canadian_kid16
Penalty

not really...

I know but I'm desperate.

so am I...so am I

jetsfan3
The holder almost pulled a Romo.

Basileus777
01-21-2007, 07:15 PM
Colts 2 TDs in 10 postseason quarters

Brodeur
01-21-2007, 07:17 PM
Yes, I spotted Jonathan Goddard on special teams!

01-21-2007, 07:18 PM
"Hey Peyton ! ....see ya for the annual loss next year okay" ? - Tom Brady

Shiver
01-21-2007, 07:18 PM
New England has it. Is it even a question? You have one side which has probably 2nd all-time in terms of clutch coach/QB combo, versus a coach/QB combo that are best known for under achievement.

BUMP

Canadian_kid16
01-21-2007, 07:20 PM

BUMP

NO, I will not give up hope yet!

TitleTown088
01-21-2007, 07:21 PM
http://scrubberbum.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/choking_1.jpg

=Manning

Watching the Pats win superbowls is getting real old.