PDA

View Full Version : Player You Wish Your Team Had

Sniper
09-04-2007, 02:54 PM
We did this for pros a while back. Pick 3 players you would like on your favorite college team this year.

Michigan

1. Jack Ikegwuonu
2. Kenny Phillips
3. Justin King

TimD
09-04-2007, 02:55 PM
Michigan

1. Desean Jackson
2. Kenny Phillips
3. Justin King

fixed it for ya

scottyboy
09-04-2007, 02:58 PM
none because Rutgers is perfect in every aspect...

but seriously

Keith Rivers- we have youth at LB, but for the time being he'd rock
Chris Long- book ends of Long and Westerman? scary
Glen Dorsey- lined up next to Foster? scariest DLine ever

Pit Bull #53
09-04-2007, 02:58 PM
1. Darren McFadden
2. DeSean Jackson
3. Derrick Harvey

For Tennessee. We need some pass rush at DE, and some playmakers on offense. That should do the trick. We also need a stud DT, so Dorsey just missed the cut because we need a DE more. For this season anyway.

Sniper
09-04-2007, 03:03 PM
fixed it for ya

Receiver isn't a concern for us. We could use him both as a WR and returner, but secondary is much bigger of a need.

moc182
09-04-2007, 03:08 PM
Jake Long
D-Jack
Maualuga

BerninWI
09-04-2007, 03:08 PM
Kenny Phillips
Darren McFadden
Chris Long or J Leman (I'd need a couple more weeks to be sure)

P-L
09-04-2007, 03:17 PM
1. DeSean Jackson, Cal - The best player in the country in my opinion. Every time he touches the ball he's a touchdown waiting to happen. His return ability gives his team a major advantage in field position.

2. Kenny Phillips, Miami (FL) - This guy has been the best defensive back in all of college football since Sean Taylor left Miami. He's a ball hawk who is always making a big play.

3. Jack Ikegwuonu, Wisconsin - I actually like Aqib Talib more as a CB, but I gave Jack the nod because of his experience going up against Big Ten receivers. He's the Big Ten's best corner in my opinion.

ncst8fan83
09-04-2007, 03:25 PM
1. Glenn Dorsey - Dorsey + Pressley = scary.
2. CJ Spiller - perfect compliment to brown/baker.
3. Brian Brohm - we haven't had a qb worth a crap since rivers.

Green Bay Scat
09-04-2007, 03:39 PM
For Vandy id like

RB Run DMC
CB/S Dwight Lowery
DE/DT Calias Campbell

duckseason
09-04-2007, 03:41 PM
Glenn Dorsey
Sedrick Ellis
Quentin Groves

Sniper
09-04-2007, 03:43 PM
Glenn Dorsey
Sedrick Ellis
Quentin Groves

So you guys don't need D-line help by any chance do you?

RyanLeaf#1
09-04-2007, 03:45 PM
Im not even sure that 3 players would help Notre Dame right now. If I could pick 3 players it would just be 3 offensive lineman.

JeffSamardzijaIRISH
09-04-2007, 03:46 PM
1. Pat White(he might not play cuz of Bobby's man crush on dw though)
2. DeSean Jackson
3. Justin King

Sniper
09-04-2007, 03:47 PM
Im not even sure that 3 players would help Notre Dame right now. If I could pick 3 players it would just be 3 offensive lineman.

I'll help you out

Jake Long
Sam Baker
Barry Richardson

Gchu83
09-04-2007, 03:49 PM
Texas:

1. Jake Long
2. Keith Rivers
3. Kenny Phillips

TimD
09-04-2007, 03:50 PM
Receiver isn't a concern for us. We could use him both as a WR and returner, but secondary is much bigger of a need.

yeah i know but he's such a good returner and receiver... plus you also have king and philips on the list

ncst8fan83
09-04-2007, 03:52 PM
I'll help you out

Jake Long
Sam Baker
Barry Richardson

why would you take 3 tackles? none of those 3 can play inside. Richardson is overrated anyway.

Sniper
09-04-2007, 03:56 PM
why would you take 3 tackles? none of those 3 can play inside. Richardson is overrated anyway.

I just realized that haha. Whoops.

thetedginnshow
09-04-2007, 03:57 PM
For the Buckeyes...

1. Kenny Phillips - A playmaking Safety like him would be perfect for that secondary, and boost that defense through the roof.
2. Glenn Dorsey - The man is just so dominant that I really wouldn't see any problem with this.
3. Adarius Bowman - Playing a little favoritism here because I like him so much, but I think a big physical receiver like him would definitely be beneficial. There'd be nothing wrong with Jackson, though.

Sniper
09-04-2007, 03:58 PM
yeah i know but he's such a good returner and receiver... plus you also have king and philips on the list

Do you not know who is in Michigan's secondary???????? Trent and Sears shouldn't start for a d-2 school, let alone Michigan. Maybe switch either King or Ikegwuonu for a linebacker like J Leman, Dan Connor or Rey Maualuga

TouchdownUSC
09-04-2007, 04:49 PM
USC:

1. DeSean Jackson
2. Brian Brohm
3. McFadden

draftguru151
09-04-2007, 05:00 PM
Miami:

1. Andre Woodson- We had 2 RBs have more yards than Kirby Freeman last week, yea.
2. Jake Long- Jason Fox is a stud but Youngblood/Rutledge are iffy.
3. Earl Bennett- Only reason this isn't Jackson is because Sam Shields is a small burner and we have Coop and Richard Gordon (6-4 260) returning kicks, we need consistency and Bennett is the best pure WR in college right now.

Shocking 3 offensive players for UM. If I went for one guy on defense it would be Justin King, great man CB and CB is the iffiest spot on the defense right now.

Green Bay Scat
09-04-2007, 05:03 PM
DraftGod and Smittyjs are the only other Vandy Fans.....its sad

Titans10
09-04-2007, 05:08 PM
DraftGod and Smittyjs are the only other Vandy Fans.....its sad

Im a vandy fan too, just dont post much anymore

iowatreat54
09-04-2007, 05:14 PM
all of the above...

For Iowa:
1. D-Jax (need an offensive playmaker, and already have 2 good HBs)
2. Kenny Phillips (really need a great player in the secondary, safety most importantly)
3. Jake Long (really young OL...talented but unproven, need stability)

fenikz
09-04-2007, 05:18 PM
Miami:

1. Andre Woodson- We had 2 RBs have more yards than Kirby Freeman last week, yea.
2. Jake Long- Jason Fox is a stud but Youngblood/Rutledge are iffy.
3. Earl Bennett- Only reason this isn't Jackson is because Sam Shields is a small burner and we have Coop and Richard Gordon (6-4 260) returning kicks, we need consistency and Bennett is the best pure WR in college right now.

Shocking 3 offensive players for UM. If I went for one guy on defense it would be Justin King, great man CB and CB is the iffiest spot on the defense right now.

basically what I would choose, I still might have to take Desean Jackson even if Shields is like him, we are seriously a QB and a WR from being the national champs

SeanTaylorRIP
09-04-2007, 05:23 PM
UVA:
1) Calais Campbell: Campbell and Chris Long coming off the edge, forget about it.
2) Andre Woodson: Jameel Sewell and Peter Lalich just aren't getting the job done.
3) Adarius Bowman: No playmaking wideouts.

cardsalltheway
09-04-2007, 05:51 PM
Indiana

1. Calias Campbell - Our pass rush is horrid and makes our corners looks worse than they are.
2. Jake Long - The OL is young and improving, but Thigpen still doesn't get too many holes. A stud like Long would really help out Thigpen's development.
3. Glenn Dorsey - I can't remember the last time we had a solid DT, he'd be great for Big Ten season against guys like Mike Hart, PJ Hill, etc.

All guys in the trenches, can't say I'm surprised.

TitanHope
09-04-2007, 05:56 PM
Tennessee Vols:

1) Desean Jackson
2) Adarius Bowman
3) Darren McFadden

Ainge, Jackson, Bowman, and McFadden... I think I just scat myself...

Realistically though, as in players who would fill a need:

1) Desean Jackson - Kind of a "Duh!" pick. The UT wideouts are solid, yet unspectacular. The biggest thing that is lacking is a player who possesses the "big play" threat. Jackson is a player who can stretch the field and totally open up the passing offense, like Meachem did last year. Except, Jackson is also one of the best returners in the nation.

2) Kenny Phillips - The Vols have taken away Parrish from the starting SS spot, and have placed Eric Berry, the nation's #1 CB prospect last year, in his spot. While Berry played a lot of FS in high school, I'd like him to become the amazing corner that he has the capability to be. Phillips is the best safety in the country, and would play next to another top safety in Jonathan Hefney. Automatic upgrade to the defense.

3) Glenn Dorsey - The Vols got run all over by Cal's Forsett and Best, and we had little to no pass rush. So, this last spot was going to go to a defensive linemen. I went with Dorsey since he adds the run-stuffing ability we need on our defense, and also takes up double teams, which would allow our two senior DE's to have one-on-one matchups with the tackles. Hopefully, a pass-rusher will emerge for our team within the next few games.

DChess
09-04-2007, 06:09 PM
for wvu

1.kenny phillipss
2.malcolm jenkins.
3.glen dorsey

for osu:
1.andre Woodson
2.Desean Jackson
3.Darren Mcfadden

Javzz
09-04-2007, 06:11 PM
LSU

1. Jake Long- With Ciron Black at LT, he could definately fill what looks like a weakpoint at RT.
2. Earl Bennet-Yeah, Jackson's a playmaker, but behind Early we don't have any real experienced true WR's at this point. LaFell may fill the void at #2, just haven't seen enough of him at this point. Having Trindon Holiday doesn't hurt either.
3. I'll wait to fill this one in right now. Taylor looked great at S against MSU, but it's MSU. If he turns out fine(which I think he will), I'll say Darren McFadden.

Don Vito
09-04-2007, 06:12 PM
Ole Miss

1. Kenny Phillips (Versatility in secondary would be huge)
2. Earl Bennet (Has dominated SEC, we need a WR)
3. Antoine Cason/DeJuan Tribble (Need a cover corner who isn't afraid to step up in run support)

neko4
09-04-2007, 06:20 PM
For Maryland
Jake Long OT since we lost Gaither
Colt Brennan QB
Calais Campbell DE

RyanLeaf#1
09-04-2007, 06:23 PM
I'll help you out

Jake Long
Sam Baker
Barry Richardson

Yea ill take them 3 Sam Baker is a beast.

SuperKevin
09-04-2007, 06:35 PM
For Maryland
Jake Long OT since we lost Gaither
Colt Brennan QB
Calais Campbell DE

I don't know If Colt Brennan fits in Ralph's offense.

neko4
09-04-2007, 06:41 PM
I don't know If Colt Brennan fits in Ralph's offense.

he doesnt, but any top qb would help so i just chose my fave

BigJohn98
09-04-2007, 06:44 PM
Sam Baker/Jake Long
DeSean Jackson
Derrick Harvey

BuckNaked
09-04-2007, 06:47 PM
Kentucky:
Calais Campbell
Glenn Dorsey
Kenny Phillips

Michigan
09-04-2007, 07:08 PM
Michigan:
1. Pete Carroll
2. Bo Pelini
3. Jimbo Fisher

Sniper
09-04-2007, 07:09 PM
Michigan:
1. Pete Carroll
2. Bo Pelini
3. Jimbo Fisher

Hahahahahahahahahaha

RyanLeaf#1
09-04-2007, 07:09 PM
Michigan:
1. Pete Carroll
2. Bo Pelini
3. Jimbo Fisher

Thats hilarious

OSUGiants17
09-04-2007, 07:28 PM
For the Buckeyes...

1. Kenny Phillips
2. Brian Brohm
3. Adarius Bowman

Fixed it ;)

OhioState
09-04-2007, 07:31 PM
Ohio State:
1. Glenn Dorsey
2. Andre Woodson
3. Earl Bennett

JeffSamardzijaIRISH
09-04-2007, 08:39 PM
UVA:
1) Calais Campbell: Campbell and Chris Long coming off the edge, forget about it.
2) Andre Woodson: Jameel Sewell and Peter Lalich just aren't getting the job done.
3) Adarius Bowman: No playmaking wideouts.

Wat happened to Jameel Sewell being the next VY?

JeffSamardzijaIRISH
09-04-2007, 08:39 PM
Michigan:
1. Pete Carroll
2. Bo Pelini
3. Jimbo Fisher

You don't want Jimbo Fisher, atleast not yet, he called almost the exact same game that Jeff Bowden would've...

D-Unit
09-04-2007, 09:35 PM
You don't want Jimbo Fisher, atleast not yet, he called almost the exact same game that Jeff Bowden would've...
Yeah, I couldn't believe it. FSU could've won if they tried to go deep. I see another LOOOOOONG year for FSU fans. Man, that OL is terrible and Weatherford has worse feet than Drew Bledsoe.

kwilk103
09-04-2007, 09:39 PM
wvu:

any combination of the top 3 defenders in the country; doesnt really matter; we have almost no pass rush (had 4 sacks, but too many times the qb had 4-5-6 sec in the pocket) and our secondary sucks

elway777
09-04-2007, 10:25 PM
Desean Jackson

(Thread)

YAYareaRB
09-05-2007, 02:07 AM
1. Kenny Phillips - LaRon Landry and Jesse Daniels left gaping holes in the secondary when they left
2. Rey Maualuga - Having Big Ray in the middle of the Tiger Defense would be the sweetest thing on god's green earth
3. DeSean Jackson - Wizard of Returning would team with Early Doucet to make one of the deadliest WR tandems EVER!

bwillie26
09-05-2007, 03:45 AM
Nebraska

1.) Desean Jackson - One of the two things REALLY lacking in Nebraska's offense. Too many possession WR's on one team, we really need a big play threat.

2.) Martin Rucker - This guy should have been a Husker just like his brother Mike, if Frank Solich wasn't such a moron. After Matt Herian broke his leg, TE's who can get open and stretch the defense have been hard to snag for the Huskers.

3.) DeJuan Tribble - I thought about going with Cason, but if Tribble's first game against Wake was any indication of the year he was going to have, I'll go with him. Zack Bowman is still working his way back and Cortney Grixby is as athletically gifted a corner in CFB, he is just too dang small. Armando Murillo is still learning and Andre Jones is STILL writing checks his arse can't cash. At least if he says we will beat USC this year, no one will likely pay attention to our 4th CB.

KILLERSANTA
09-05-2007, 05:16 AM
Miami -
Brian Brohm

thetedginnshow
09-05-2007, 05:22 AM
Fixed it ;)

I don't know. I'm just not sold on our current QB situation being so horrible. So I'd rather improve everything else. I thought about that though. Personally, I'd take Matt Flynn over Brohm or Woodson though.

NYGibril28
09-05-2007, 06:56 AM
Virginia Tech

1. Brian Brohm, QB
2. Calais Campbell, DE
3. Ali Highsmith, OLB

High Roller
09-05-2007, 07:39 AM
Desean Jackson
Kenny Philips
Sam Baker

Sniper
09-05-2007, 09:27 AM
Virginia Tech

1. Brian Brohm, QB
2. Calais Campbell, DE
3. Ali Highsmith, OLB

Yeah because VT really needs a better D, that's their weak spot :rolleyes:

portermvp84
09-05-2007, 10:40 AM
1. Desean Jackson
2. Darren Mcfaden
3. Jake Long

mqtirishfan
09-05-2007, 01:52 PM
Notre Dame:

1. DE- Everson Griffen. In the new 3-4 defense, I'd stand him up and make him an OLB, where I think he'd be an absolute terror.

2. LT- Andre Smith. The offensive line is pitiful.

3. WR/RB/Returner- Percy Harvin. The kid is a freak of nature, and I'd love to see him play for the Irish.

I would choose to build for the future with guys who could probably have an impact this season.

09-05-2007, 02:59 PM
USC

1. WR DeSean Jackson - Almost ended up at USC anyways and even though turner and hazelton are nice they are not as dynamic of a big play threat.

2. DE Calais Campbell - Would be the impact pass rusher the school has been lacking on the outside for quite some time.

3. S Kenny Philips - A playmaking safety that could change the momentum of a game and add onto an already potent secondary.

Sniper
09-05-2007, 03:23 PM
USC

2. DE Calais Campbell - Would be the impact pass rusher the school has been lacking on the outside for quite some time.

Everson Griffin?

TigerBait45
09-05-2007, 04:29 PM
LSU

RB-Darren McFadden-Oh boy would I love to see him in purple and gold. LSU has solid young tailbacks, but nothing on his level.

WR DeSean Jackson-Just for his kick returning skill it nothing else. LSU has Trindon Holliday already, but it would be nice to have Jackson. Can you imagine him lined up next to Early Doucet?

And..someone on the offensive line.

bwillie26
09-05-2007, 04:53 PM
^

LOL

"someone on the offensive line."

After the way Ciron Black was getting smacked around by MSU, I would call that a bit of an understatement.

etk
09-05-2007, 05:04 PM
Miami:

Brian Brohm
DeSean Jackson
Adarius Bowman

NYGibril28
09-05-2007, 10:36 PM
Yeah because VT really needs a better D, that's their weak spot :rolleyes:

They are very weak (well, to V-Tech's standards) at OLB besides Adibi.

They have a lot of young talent at DE across from Chris Ellis, but none that rival Campbell.

Glennon sucks, start Tyrod Taylor!

Brent
09-05-2007, 11:03 PM
screw players, we need Pete Carroll or Bob Stoops

Average OT LB
09-05-2007, 11:07 PM
Very good thread by the way, pretty creative

For ND id love to have McFadden because we need a RB and QB

big daddy russ
09-06-2007, 09:29 AM
AUBURN
1. Sam Baker- OT/USC
2. Colt McCoy- QB/Texas
3a. Michael Oher- OL/Ole Miss
3b. Cody Wallace- C/Texas A&M

I'd love to have another DB also, but right now our biggest concerns are the line and whether or not Brandon Cox will ever show more than flashes. We don't necessarily need the best pro prospect on the map, we need a gutsy QB who's heady, can find the open receiver, and can stand in there even though he knows he's going to take a shot to the chin.

Also, if our only weakness is DB, we can cover that up with pressure in the backfield. If our weakness is on the offensive line, then we'll never get that running game going. King Dunlap's a massive tackle and one of the better linemen in the SEC. Pair him up with Baker and Oher and that line doesn't look so bad anymore. Oher would help out our run blocking a ton and we could slide Dunlap over to the right side if Baker was playing on the left.

23trufant
09-06-2007, 01:24 PM
For UNC

1 - Pat White
2- Darren McFadden
3- Jake Long

HawkeyeFan
09-06-2007, 01:45 PM
For Iowa:

1. Brian Brohm
2. Desean Jackson

J52
09-06-2007, 03:50 PM
Miami -

1. Pat White - I like dual threat QBs. Pat White is best dual threat in the league.
2. DeSean Jackson - I want another huge playmaker with the ball to follow Hester, Parrish, Buchanon etc. Coop is close to being there but not quite yet.
3. Aqib Talib - Miami still has some problems with the most basic play in the game, the slant. I'd like a burner type CB but I don't know of one in this draft class so I'd take Talib.

Jonny
09-06-2007, 04:12 PM
The big weakness for Rutgers is an experienced playmaking TE. Give us someone who can catch passes over the middle, that's all I ask for.

WiltonDeportes38
09-08-2007, 03:35 PM
for UCLA:
DeMarco Murray, RB Oklahoma
Brandon Spikes, LB Florida
Kenny Phillips, SS Miami

P-L
09-08-2007, 03:43 PM
Anyone who can play defense.

wiscbadgerfootball
09-08-2007, 03:50 PM
Wisconsin

1. Kenny Phillips- The Badgers are very weak and inexperienced at the safety spot. We really need a playmaker there and Kenny is exactly that

2. Malcom Jenkins- The player here may be interchangeable but another stud corner would be great to put along with Ike so Langford doesn't get burnt every play.

3. Calais Campbell/DeSean Jackson- I can't quite decide which but the next biggest needs are another d-lineman to put pressure on the quarterback or a stud receiver for Donovan to throw to.

another possibility would be a quarterback which I might say Brian Brohm

'backer
09-09-2007, 12:21 PM
OHIO STATE

1. QB Brain Brohm
2,3. OL's Jake Long & Andre Smith (Move them to Guard since our tackles are OK, but the interior of our line leaves much to be desired)