PDA

View Full Version : Buster's mom says he signing with Detroit...

Scotty D
09-04-2007, 08:06 PM
http://www.news-journalonline.com/NewsJournalOnline/Sports/Headlines/sptNFL01090407.htm

Jackie Davis, speaking by phone Monday evening, said Davis was en route to Michigan from Arizona to sign with the Lions.

But a report in the Detroit Free Press newspaper lists the Lions' practice-squad members, and Davis is not among them. The paper names seven other players, and said that there is still one spot open for another player, which could be Davis.

"He's real excited about it, because Detroit has Ernie Sims, one of his old teammates at Florida State," Jackie Davis said. "He didn't sound upset or anything to me (about being cut.)"

Would you rather have Baldwin or Buster on the practice squad?

P-L
09-04-2007, 08:16 PM
Honestly, I'd rather have Baldwin. When you are drafted in the 3rd Round and the team that drafted you cuts you before the season starts, something it wrong.

JPLUFF
09-04-2007, 08:48 PM
I'd rather have Davis personally. He was the 5th pick in the 3rd round, so the guy has some talent. No disrespect to Baldwin, I thought he played very well in the preseason, but it seems like Davis carries a higher risk/reward than Baldwin. Plus he'll be on the practice squad, so if he doesn't turn out, it's not really a big deal. The guy was 2nd on FSU in tackles his junior year, and 1st his senior year, so he can play some ball. Might as well take a chance on him.

Brothgar
09-04-2007, 08:54 PM
Personally I like Davis the Cards don't run the Cover two or at least won't be much longer and Detroit doesn't have a real cover two ILB he's short but I think he has a better chance to hack it.

TacticaLion
09-04-2007, 09:36 PM
I wish we would've kept Baldwin, but Davis seems like he'll be starting in the NFL someday. Great instincts and can hit.... hard.

I could care less why Arizona cut him... he's got some talent and can play the game... let's see what he offers us.

WMD
09-04-2007, 09:45 PM
I loved Baldwin, but I'll take Buster Davis.

By the way, Kowalski said he's on the Practice Squad.

D-Unit
09-04-2007, 09:46 PM
All you need now is AJ Nicholson and you have the FSU LB Corp.

WMD
09-04-2007, 09:49 PM
All you need now is AJ Nicholson and you have the FSU LB Corp.

What's his bail set at?

Bootland27
09-04-2007, 10:16 PM
Not a bad pickup. Although he's a bit small, he makes up for it with his intangibles. Would love to see him and ernie sims reunited together on the field.

asmitty45
09-10-2007, 10:13 AM
im ecstatic, i wanted him in the 3rd this year. could be a huge steal