PDA

View Full Version : CB Wopamo Osaisai

Big_Pete
09-05-2007, 06:31 PM
CB Wopamo Osaisai, Stanford

He isn't in Scott's listings, but seems to be a decent prospect for next year

He is listed at 5'11", 200 lbs so has decent size

He is a track star, holding the school record in the 100 meters (10.39 seconds) and in the 60 meters indoor (6.83 seconds).

He became a starter in the 2nd half of 2006 and did well, with 52 tackles, six pass break-ups, and returned an interception 72 yards a TD against Arizona.

He was 1st team All-Pac-10 team as a special teamer, and will probably get increased role in that area as the primary returner this season.

He is a solid tackler and decent in run support.

I know the CB class is reasonably deep, but could Osaisai be a day 1 pick?

SuperKevin
09-05-2007, 06:34 PM
I can see it now

Roger Goodell- And with the 85th pick (insert team here) selects Wo...Wopo..Wopaaa....That guy with the funny name from Stanford

etk
09-05-2007, 06:52 PM
He's a Junior. What makes you think he will declare this year?

LionSmack
09-05-2007, 08:19 PM
Boy and I though Nnamdi Asomugha was a weird name

Come to think of it, it still is

JT Jag
09-05-2007, 08:38 PM
I can see it now

Roger Goodell- And with the 85th pick (insert team here) selects Wo...Wopo..Wopaaa....That guy with the funny name from StanfordNo, no...

"Wo... pah... mo...... ohSAISAI. Did I pronounce that right? No? Oh well. Wo...pahmo... ohsaisai from Stanford."

Big_Pete
09-05-2007, 08:41 PM
He's a Junior. What makes you think he will declare this year?

are you sure?

from his bio: http://gostanford.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/osaisai_wopamo00.html

2006 Season: Played in all 12 games with six starts at cornerback

2005 Season: Played in 11 games on special teams and as a reserve in the defensive backfield

2004 Season: Did not play as a true freshman cornerback.

He may be able to apply for an additional year of eligibility, but he is in his 4th season of college.

etk
09-05-2007, 09:28 PM
are you sure?

from his bio: http://gostanford.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/osaisai_wopamo00.html

2005 Season: Played in 11 games on special teams and as a reserve in the defensive backfield

He may be able to apply for an additional year of eligibility, but he is in his 4th season of college.

He is a redshirt Junior. On that same bio it lists his class as "Junior".

JT Jag
09-05-2007, 09:29 PM
are you sure?

He may be able to apply for an additional year of eligibility, but he is in his 4th season of college.I don't think that his 2004 season counted. He's listed as a Junior everywhere I check. He must have greyshirted or something.

stl9erfan
09-06-2007, 10:24 PM
As a guy who's watched him a fair amount, he's a terrific athlete who's somewhat raw as a football player. I have no doubt he'll get chosen just because there will be some coach out there blown away by his 40 time (which will be phenomenal). But unless his technique improves a lot over the next couple of seasons, or he learns how to field punts and kickoffs (not great hands from what I've seen) I'd be surprised if he was a day 1 pick.

ChiFan24
09-06-2007, 11:37 PM
Wopamo Osaisai?! So if this guy becomes a top prospect, I'm going to have to spell that every time I mention him? Screw that. From now on, his name is Joe Smith.