PDA

View Full Version : First Year Coaches

tom
09-05-2007, 08:11 PM
Who do you think is going to be the most successful first year coach?

Be it a rookie like Tomlin, Petrino, Kiffin or Cameron, or guys that got a second or third chance, like Wade Phillips or Norv Turner?

I think it's going to be Tomlin, cause he's a cool guy... I think the steelers will be 10 and 6 or better...

I also think that Norv will have a good season, he's a cool cat!

Yeah! Pittsburgh in the superbowl! WHAMMY!

BuckNaked
09-05-2007, 08:14 PM
Who do you think is going to be the most successful first year coach?

Be it a rookie like Tomlin, Petrino, Kiffin or Cameron, or guys that got a second or third chance, like Wade Phillips or Norv Turner?

I think it's going to be Tomlin, cause he's a cool guy... I think the steelers will be 10 and 6 or better...

I also think that Norv will have a good season, he's a cool cat!

Yeah! Pittsburgh in the superbowl! WHAMMY!

Tomlin is a great coach, and the Steelers are damn lucky that they got him.

JK17
09-05-2007, 08:15 PM
Out of those guys I would say Norv has the most talent to work with. But since we are coming off a high season, albeit one that ended to early, if he doens't win in the playoffs, he won't be considered successful.

I'd give the edge to someone like Tomlin or Phillips, who can rebound a team that is used to success, and are in decent situations to do it.

Also though, guys like Petrino, Kiffin, and Cameron have not as much expected of them, so they can be successful without winning as much.

It all comes down to what you classify as being "most successful"

Eaglez.Fan
09-05-2007, 08:17 PM
Well Turner will win the most games. After that it'd be Tomlin, or possibly Whisenhunt.

thefalconer
09-05-2007, 08:20 PM
tomlin, turner, then whisenhunt.

Man_Of_Steel
09-05-2007, 08:21 PM
Tomlin!!!!!!!!!

JeffSamardzijaIRISH
09-05-2007, 09:10 PM
Tomlin, he landed in the best position. Has a great team and nasty D. Bobby Petrino could turn some heads though with his finishing record. ATL may not be as bad as people think.

Shiver
09-05-2007, 09:16 PM
Tomlin will have the most success, by far. I think Pittsburgh is a playoff team. That defense should be elite and the offense should be more balanced.

The Falcons, under Petrino, will overachieve. They won't make the playoffs, but they won't be one of the worst teams in the league either.

I just do not like Cam Cameron. I think he was the weak link in San Diego last year, not Marty, and will be exposed without #21 to bail him out. Watch that defense age exponentially.

I like Kiffin, I just think he has an impossible task on his hands. To win with Al Davis' Raiders. I think they will surpass the Chiefs though.

Wade Phillips and Norv Turner are what they are. I wouldn't expect anything unusual from those two.

tom
09-05-2007, 09:47 PM
I think the Whiz should have a good season, the line should improve greatly and they might even slip into the playoffs, but I think that Tomlin has a chance to go Seifret on their asses

Crazy_Chris
09-06-2007, 12:26 AM
This Season i think Norv Turner will have the most success of them all just because he landed on a team loaded with top talent. But Down the Road Tomlin will be the best coach of this Group.

Dam8610
09-06-2007, 12:29 AM
Tomlin is a great coach, and the Steelers are damn lucky that they got him.

The Vikings didn't do a bad job replacing him, though I hate them for taking Frazier from the Colts.

Shiver
09-06-2007, 01:01 AM
I think the Whiz should have a good season, the line should improve greatly and they might even slip into the playoffs, but I think that Tomlin has a chance to go Seifret on their asses

I forgot about Whisenhunt somehow. I like the coaching staff in Arizona; however, I just think the team is too soft on the O-Line and has a weak defense. Those are two areas that the Steelers always had and will hurt the Cardinals. Although the media talking heads have once again become hypnotized by the Cardinals' receivers and Hollywood QB.

no love
09-06-2007, 02:08 AM
Norv Turner will fail miserably and realize he is just a great OC but a crappy head coach. He will then return to ther 49ers humbled. =D

BrownsTown
09-06-2007, 02:46 PM
Turner will have the best record this year, by far. In the long run, the best coach will be Whisenhunt.

fenikz
09-06-2007, 03:17 PM
I forgot about Whisenhunt somehow. I like the coaching staff in Arizona; however, I just think the team is too soft on the O-Line and has a weak defense. Those are two areas that the Steelers always had and will hurt the Cardinals. Although the media talking heads have once again become hypnotized by the Cardinals' receivers and Hollywood QB.

Have you checked out our D-Line lately its pretty beastly along with Dansby, Hayes & A Dub, our D as a whole is underrated, if only our corners could cover people

and of course i think Whiz and crew will have the biggest impact

Shiver
09-06-2007, 03:21 PM
I love Adrian Wilson. In fact, I dare you to find someone that likes him as much as I do outside of Cardinals' fans. I've been saying he's the best safety in the entire league for two years now.

09-06-2007, 03:38 PM
whisenhunt..i kno they keep sayin arizona is gonna finally break out but this year its for real